Primeval Titan unbanned

Ponder and Preordain banned
Goblin Recruiter unbanned
Earthcraft unbanned

No changes to anything except modern

t. Mono Green

GR and GW landfall
I just don't like Cheeki-Breeki game breaker

The only really good cheeki combo is Cheeki into zealous conscripts but mono red is otherwise shit in edh

Naya decks got plenty of options for cheating out Kiki-Jiki and Restoration Angel.

Mental handicap general?

>BBE
Abso-fuckin-lutely not. Giving Jund back one of it's best cards when the deck is already 55% against the field is retarded.

>Memory Jar
Welder is legal in the format, unless we want Metalworker decks to become significantly stronger. I'd have to goldfish it, but I'm pretty sure with 4 Jars you could assemble a turn 1-2 kill in at least half your games in a Storm-esque shell.

>Wheel of Fortune
I guess ANT and DDFT now have to play 3 colors?

For my choices:
Modern - Rite of Flame

Legacy - Goblin Recruiter & I want to say Frantic Search would be fine.

Vintage - Lodestone Golem would be the sensible card to unrestrict, but I'd like to see what unrestricted Merchant Scroll would do.

This is why everyone laughs at Veeky Forums, because of shit like this.

>banning unfun cards in casual formats
I bet you want Painter's Servant unbanned

The point is that saying you want Prime Time unbanned because you have a landfall deck just shows you're a whiny little shit who hates that his toy was banned.

It was never worth banning to begin with. There's many more valuable things to flicker.

>It was never worth banning to begin with.

See

Does Primeval Titan win the game as soon as it hits the field?
It's not like Griselbrand or Emrakul or Yawgmoth's Bargain where it just appearing causes near-certain victory. It's not even as bad as Sylvan Primordial where it flickering risks clearing your enemy's board, so that deserves its ban too.

To note, I also think Gifts Ungiven doesn't deserve to be on the commander ban list either.

Meanwhile Kiki-Jiki can most definitely win the game by showing up and Deadeye Navigator is perhaps the worst flicker-engine that exists.

>Modern
>Unban
Jace, the Mind Sculptor
Punishing Fire
Seething Song
Tree of Tales
Chrome Mox

>EDH
>Ban
Mana Crypt
Sol Ring
Consecrated Sphinx
Deadeye Navigator
Palinchron
Tooth and Nail
Defense of the Heart
Animar, Soul of Elements
Purphoros, God of the Forge
Demonic Tutor
Entomb
Humility

>Get two lands
>Urborg
>Cabal Coffers

>Wolf Run
>Inkmoth

>Gaea's Cradle
>Deserted Temple

There are all sorts of bullshit things Prime Time can do that practically guarantees you the game. You might say "Oh, but those need something to take advantage of that", but it's not like Mirror-Breaker or Navigator can do anything by themselves. If Prime Time wasn't pretty much winning the game for you on the spot, then you weren't playing it correctly.

Legacy
Baghdad is unbanned
RiP is banned
Nat Soc has never been tried!

>Urborg + Cabal coffers wins the game
wew lad them kitchen table strats

Oh no, calling something kitchen table is such an insult when discussing EDH, the kitchen table format.

I get Urborg, Cabal Coffers, and Magus of the Coffers out in 33% of my Black deck games and it never wins by itself even with Exsanguinate.

Sounds like a problem with deck construction. Mana is only as good as the cards you're spending it on.

I find monoblack just has trouble actually securing victory on its own in general.
Of course, if you're just using all the black mana as generic fuel for Time Stretch or Tooth and Nail bombs or something, that's a different story.
But that is exceedingly boring. I could never manage to make decks like that.

>Filthy casual detected

One of the common plans with monoblack is to get Phyrexian Devourer and Triskelion in your graveyard and combo off with Necrotic Ooze.

Personally, I always liked Skithiryx Voltron. Getting enough mana to cast and equip your tools makes for good way to close things out.

>Nat Soc has never been tried!

NAT SOC HAS BEEN TRIED BEFORE AND IT HAS WORKED

We must secure the existence of our deck and a future for mtg

Modern: Twin is unbanned because fuck whiners who can't deal with combos
Legacy: Dig unbanned
Vintage: no more restricted list. If I wanna pay $16k then by god I should get to play 4ofs on all the Moxen.

>4 moxes and 4 lotus
*Sweating profusely*

>Ban Animar
w e w

>Vintage: no more restricted list
>decks with 4 channel, 4 black lotus
>literally nothing else matters

>4 leds dredge
I MUST GENOCIDE
AND GAS CHAMBERS ARE TOO SLOW

It would be a glorious format where men can be men and onlookers are awestruck by the mere sight of it. Decks would rocket to new heights in both price and enjoyability.

>I run Gutshot mainboard.

Mud:
>Chalice on: 0-1-2-3
>Cast smokestack
Pls

>Only played in USA
>Because they're allowed to heat so nobody steals their shit

You... you were not around for Long.dec
I don't think unrestricting Mox is actually all that unreasonable, there was a pretty interesting discussion about the idea in the Leg/Vintage General earlier. But you do not fucking unrestrict shit like Tinker, Necro, Lotus, Mana Vault, Mana Crypt, Demonic Tutor, and Recall.

You especially never, ever-fucking-ever unrestrict YawgWill.

>Purphoros
>Humility

I can see arguments for the rest, but these seem like weird choices.

>ban Deadeye Navigator
Ok, it's a really strong combo engine that dodges spot removal.
>ban Kiki-Jiki
Well, I guess it's a strong combo piece...
>unban Prime Time
Oh, nevermind, you're just being retarded.

It wasn't banned because it's just a good flicker target, it was banned for being overcentralizing. As soon as someone resolved a primeval titan it became a game of who could clone/steal/flicker/reanimate/abuse it the most, same as prophet of kruphix.

Kiki-Jiki can't win the game on his own, it's a combo piece. Do you want to ban Cloudstone Curio too? Reiterate? Mind over Matter? Palinchron? Saffi Eriksdotter?

>my deck is shit and I want to ban all the cards my playgroup is using as wincons

Why was Emerkul banned in EDH again? Was it that much unkillable?

Emmy should only be allowed as a Commander.

Oh I know they're restricted for a good reason, but I don't give a fuck. I just want balls to the walls the format.

>Emmy should only be allowed as a Commander.
then the deck literally becomes
>how consistent can I make turn two Emmy

With no coloured spells?

it's not like brown isn't the most consistent ramp color in the game or anything.

I'd rather have Prime Time back than Primordial.

Modern :

>unban :
pre-ordain
punishing fire
stoneforge mystic (let's fuck)

>ban :
simian spirit guide (and I'm a goryo's/Moon's player)
mox Opal
become immense

No more fast mana policy, punishing because why not and mystic because fuck everything.

T2 was extremely hyperbolic, looking back

But it is possible, using christmasland scenarios like sol-land + mana crypt into Thran Dynamo + grim monoliths and mana vaults

Why does everybody want punishing fire to be unbanned in modern?

Elves is already weak enough

>Memory Jar is unbanned
>Wheel of Fortune is unbanned

Enjoy entire format being combo decks that kill on average before even the starting player has started his first turn.

>this guy
Darrietti artifacts can be oppressive as Fuck. I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Not that guy but

Mono brown =/= mono red

>Why does everybody want punishing fire to be unbanned in modern?
Because grove + punishing isn't a big deal; two isn't three.
It'll be a plus for TRON but nothing insane.

>Elves is already weak enough

Adding punishing fire won't change anything for this deck.

Modern:
Ban Grapeshot.
Unban every card that was banned because of grapeshot.

idk man punishing fire seems pretty hard to beat for elves

it seems insane to me

why should we give tron, already one of the best decks in modern, an easy way to continuously destroy small creatures, aka 90% of the other decks in modern ??

Modern
Unban NatSoc (Dredge) and Fascism(Storm)

empty the warrens would like a word.

You forgot Great Oak Guardian.

Empty the warrens is fine, it folds to all token hate, wrath effects and the usual storm hate. It also takes a turn to win AFTER it's gone off.

Not if you kick a Goblin Bushwhacker

At that point you have a combo that is less reliable than Hivemind while taking the same amount of mana.

EDH:
Painter's Servant unbanned
Sol Ring banned
Mana Crypt banned
Iona, Shield of Emeria banned

Modern:
Urza's Tower banned
Deathrite Shaman unbanned
Splinter Twin unbanned
Ponder unbanned
Rite of Flame unbanned
Seething Song unbanned
Bloodbraid Elf unbanned
Stoneforge Mystic unbanned
Blazing Shoal unbanned
Cabal Therapy reprinted in a modern legal format.

Shit, I missed one.

Dread Return unbanned.

>Banning sol ring but unbanning Painter's Servant

>he thinks grindstone/servant is the height of degeneracy

EDH
None
Legacy/Vintage
None
Modern
Release cloudpost

Ban thought knot seer too.
Hell, ban all of bfz block.

Modern: Unban Dread Return and Deathrite Shaman, plus one of Ponder/Preordain.
Legacy: Idk, seems decent. Maybe unban something that would help non-miracles decks, but I'm not sure what to pick.
EDH: Ban Sol Ring and Mana Crypt. Unban Painter's Servant. Maybe ban Grindstone.

>but I'm not sure what to pick
Baghdad, let it all become aryan

mana drain unbanned and reprinted for modern format and tolarian academy unbanned.

Baghdad, Mana drain, Tolarian Academy, necropotency and yawgwill reprinted in the next standard, at uncommon, common, uncommon, rare and mythic.

>Why contain it

I think Survival is a fairly safe unban in Legacy. Like 40% of decks play Deathrite, Rest in Peace is a card now, Abrupt Decay is a card now. The only decks that Miracles really oppresses are non-blue creature decks (Maverick especially), and I think a Survival ban would make at least one of those strategies Tier 1 without pushing anything else out of the meta (except maybe non-survival Maverick, of course, but that's like saying GSZ pushes non-Zenith Maverick out of the meta or something stupid like that).

>Legacy: Dig unbanned
lol nah. There is already enough blue in the format.

desu I'd suck dick for DRS or RiP ban.

Or make DRS a 0/1 so it doesn't auto-shit on goblins and every dork ever. It makes no sense BoP is 0/1 but DRS is allowed to be 1/2 (IE premium stats) and have 3 very relevant abilities

>Blazing Shoal unbanned
Yeah, it's not like Infect is already the best deck in the format.

I play Elves and I would love a DRS ban just so 40% of games don't just turn into dueling Deathrite nonsense. Printing good creatures has ruined Eternal formats, 90% of fair decks share the same few creatures. It's not viable to play a synergy-based strategy like Gobbos and Merfolk anymore: why jump through hoops to get a 2-mana 4/4 when you can just drop Goyf?

But goy! Creatures=fun.

Now enjoy more shitty bulk commons for demn draft with the set's generic OP shit creatures that are straight up upgrades from good shit from years before at rare+

DRS also makes all graveyard decks shit beyond belief, reanimator will never be a deck since DRS is a card.

unban ruse cruise

Reanimator can still essentially win on turn one, before DRS can even do anything.

No way primeval titan is coming back, he'd easy be one the single best cards in every deck that can run him

an etb ability means short of beng counterspelled you'll always get some value off him

Modern: Collected company banned, BBE unbanned

Vintagee: Monastery Mentor limited

I would have to pick up a set of Bazaars, but that would make my dick diamonds.

Do you really think it would remain the best deck in the format with all the other unbans?

>Mfw reanimator is a thing
>Mfw it's the janky monoB reanimator
Oh wow. Things sure have changed.

Yep. Welcome to the new legacy. They go down to like 6 hp by turn two, but they usually have two fatties on the board as well. It's pretty fun

My child, I come from another time.

I used to play legacy back when tutor was unbanned, i really stopped during ravnika2 since lolDRS and RiP shit on my husbandeck and it got waaaay too expensive, and I realized it wasn't going down. Ever.

I feel like the BR reanimator list (with 4 Dark Ritual, 4 Petal, Chrome Moxen, Tendrils, and Faithless Looting) is the single best combo deck in the current metagame. TES is the best storm deck since you really don't want to be playing ANT and casting Preordain with Eldrazi around, and BR reanimator is just as disruptive as TES (both play 8 discard spells + Decays in the sideboard) while being quite a bit faster. I've played TES for years, but it just doesn't compare. Goldfishing BR Reanimator, I killed (killed with Tendrils, not just reanimated a fatty) 140 out of 200 games on turn one.

Nigga Blazing Shoal Infect was already around when many of those cards were unbanned and it was still one of the the first cards to be banned after the initial ban list.

>We live in a world where a BR deck is viable
>As combo
>In legacy
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

Meant for

Servant either ends up doing next to nothing, or ends up enabling degeneracy. There isn't really a whole lot of middle ground there. And yeah, a turn-3 instant-win-combo is pretty fuckin degenerate.

I'm gonna be honest, I only play a fairly outdated storm deck, and I'm not sure which variant it is.

r8 my trash?

>One creature regardless of CMC
>Instant win
What the hell are you S&T'ing that literally decks someone?

This is in EDH, resolving a show and tell isn't going to win you the game instantly and may even put you behind when they reveal a bigger fatty.

Not him, but you're playing ANT. And the list looks up to date save for the sideboard.

That's not too far from current ANT lists. Deck is fine.

Thanks lads.

I do need to update my sideboard though, it's getting less and less useful as time goes on.

>TES is the best storm deck since you really don't want to be playing ANT and casting Preordain with Eldrazi around
Except for the fact that there are other decks beside Eldrazi and its popularity is waning.