What are your hopes or ideas for Theros 2.0? Be it lore or mechanics...

What are your hopes or ideas for Theros 2.0? Be it lore or mechanics. What villains or conflicts or events would you like to see? Which characters would you like to see?

Storywise I'd like to see something like this:

>focus on Gideon and to a lesser extent Ajani
>war between mortals and gods
>some of the gods side with Heliod, others stay out of this, maybe there are still others who do something else entirely...
>mortals aren't well organized mainly because they still don't like each other very much until Gideon takes things into his hand and Ajani becomes his right hand man
>card flavor is mortal creatures vs god/Nyx/enchantment creatures
>Heliod finds out that his former champion who disappeared many years ago is back and not only that but he's leading the mortals against the gods. he's angry and wants Gideon dead. creates a mighty creature (like Erebos's Titan but Heliod's version) to kill Gideon or bring him to him and kill other mortals.
>epic battle between the two, Gideon fights well and evades all attacks or makes himself indestructible. Heliod's Titan lands a heavy surprise hit and Gideon gets pummeled to the ground hard. he is visibly battrered and with all his might tries to keep his indestructibility up while the titan lands blow after blow on him.

>1/2

Other urls found in this thread:

dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/post/87490314409/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How 'bout I pay you $10 to fuck off.

>Ajani suddenly appears and uses his magic to give Gideon strength again. he feels strong like never before, as if he could lift mountains.
>the tables turn and Gideon easily gains the upperhand. fueled by Ajani's support magic he beats Heliod's Titan in epic fashion.
>Gideon thanks Ajani dearly for intervening in the fight and laughs about his timing. They bromance a bit before Ajani gets more serious.
>Ajani tells Gideon he came to him for another reason and asks him if he can leave in order to look for, and save, Elspeth. a dear friend of his who was unjustly killed by Heliod
>Gideon wishes him the best of luck and hopes to see him again
>the mortals push all the Nyx creatures back and Heliod panics
>being paranoid as fuck about the gods that have sworn loyalty to him, he eliminates them and absorbs their power, finally to appear on the battlefield himself
>his presence alone spawns more and more Nyx creatures which the mortal armies battle, but the real battle is between Heliod and Gideon
>they talk, Gideon tells Heliod what he's doing is wrong, that he's a power hungry murderer.
>Heliod seems to not even hear what Gideon is saying and gets mad as he brings up how his trusted champion for whom he felt pride betryed him by leaving Theros.
>Gideon retorts that mortals aren't his to play with. they have their own lives and Heliod has no right to intervene let alone kill people just because he can and feels like it
>Heliod screams I HAVE EVERY RIGHT! I AM HELIOD, GOD OF THE GODS, GOD OF THE MORTALS! YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME AND YOUR PUNISHMENT IS DEATH! as he throws his glowing sun spear with immense force at Gideon
>webm related plays out except now Gideon is Heliod and Erebos is Gideon. Gideon doesn't become indestructible but instead fuels all his magic into his whip blades and makes the same move as Erebos
>Gideon, God Slayer
>Heliod, lil bitch

>2/2

>No mention of Elspeth
Yeah fuck you OP.

I wouldn't want you to spend all your pocket money on me mate. :^)

Didn't she die?

Feel free to add a subplot about Ajani getting Elspeth out of the underworld. Or Elspeth leaving on her own. Or just come up with a story of your own. I'm just throwing around ideas. :)

Lol those windows 98 graphics.

Well the Theriad mentions that people who leave the underworld are broken into their body which is called a Returned (which is typically a Zombie) and their soul which is called an Eidolon (these are Typically Spirits), and in EMN we just got a mechanic for melding creatures together and Theros had Bestow, so...

>Monoblack Zombie creature + Monowhite Spirit enchantment creature with Bestow = B/W Elspeth Meldwalker

Meld in Theros? I doubt it.

I just hope that Heliod will be first humiliated and then killed.

And Ashiok should play a bigger role.

Think of it less as "Eldrazihugs" and more "Enchantments making specific creatures into gods among men."

Granted if we ever do a return to Theros it will most likely be poop, but still.

Also Enchantment Lands/Artifacts, because Enchantment creatures were a thing last set

>Walker
Casuals need to go, she lost her spark the second she died and she will not be able to get it back.

Jeska's spark ignited after she was sort-of-killed by the Patriarch's touch then merged with several other women into a false god that got defeated and split back into the several women, of which she was the only one still alive and with an ignited spark.

If they pull bullshit like that the yeah, they can come up with a reason to give Elspeth back her spark, just like they came up with ways to kill the Eldrazi post-Mending.

>she lost her spark the second she died and she will not be able to get it back.

You're the casual here. The Creative Team has confirmed that she still has her spark in the Underworld. She'll lose it if she becomes a Returned, but there may be another way out.

dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/post/87490314409/

Premending yeah maybe but there's zero precident for them to give her spark back now not to mention jeskas one of the only times that ever happened and under special conditions.

>My Mary sue super cool fanfiction walker can happen user your the casual!
>Lmao she just has to escape a place literally no one else has and is essentially impossible except through means that will return her as a none walker!

Karn was corrupted like shit by the glistening oil after having sacrificed his spark shortly before the Mending to seal a rift. He was this close to going full Father of Machines but the sacrifice of Venser's spark and life was enough to not only purify him but reignite a spark where there was none.

WotC can come up with whatever shit they like to make whatever they like happen, user. If marketing thinks it would be a cool story, they'll tell creative to find a way to make it happen, no matter how many rules they have to break.

You're in no position to say what can and can't be done in the MtG setting, when the creative team breaks their own rules whenever they're told to.

>fanfiction walker
Elspeth is actual a canon walker you dumbass, where were you when they released Theros block? Hell, where were you when they released Alara, the set she debuted in?

>escaping the underworld is essentially impossible
Nigga do you know anything about Greek myths
That place has a VIP exit for anyone with the right credentials.

I just really hope they use Elspeth coming back from the dead as an excuse to give her wings and other angelic qualities, giving us a pseudo-angelwalker in the same way that Ob Nixilis being cursed by the Chain Veil was used to get a pseudo-demonwalker.

>will not be able to get it back
Even if she did lose her spark, Ob Nixilis would like to have a word with you.

>she just has to escape a place literally no one else has and is essentially impossible
You mean like how literally no other mortals go to Nyx?

The only reason why WotC has any rules for their setting established is so that those rules can be broken in a story-telling twist
>Undead can't be planeswalkers.
Well, here is a very unique instance of a typically undead race that is not undead, allowing Sorin to exist as a planeswalker!
>Artifacts can't be planeswalkers.
Well, here is a convoluted scenario that enables a golem to house the spark of his creator!
>Once a spark is gone it can't come back.
Except literally in the case of Karn and Ob Nixilis!
>Only silver can go back in time.
Except in the case of Sarkhan on Tarkir!
>The Eldrazi cannot be defeated, for they are unstoppable forces of nature.
Except the Gatewatch not only defeat but kill two of them!
>Mortals cannot go to Nyx.
Except in this very specific circumstance for the story!
>Planeswalkers lose their sparks when they die.
Except in planes where death is a very unique experience and can't be considered 'true' death, such as Theros!

Every single rule in the MtG setting is designed to be broken in order to enable drama or cause a sense of wonder. If there's a rule that hasn't been broken yet, it's only a matter of time.

And thus why WotC has horrible story telling.

I won't argue with that.

Whenever WotC strongly insists that something is the case on a plane and establishes a rule that they insist is unbreakable, expect them to break it at the first opportunity in an attempt to subvert expectations.

>the last thread died and noone responded to me so I'll remake it with me as the op

Ob didn't truly "lose" his spark, it was just suppressed.

I'd like a planeswalker vs. god war. Have Ajani rally the other walkers, because the gods have found some way to slip between the realms (say, something weird like Night's Reach but somehow after the mending) and they can't be allowed to take over other worlds. Create a civil war where some mortals side with the planeswalkers, while others are tempted by the gods or feel their allegiance should be with them, and have those mortals start to become more and more Nyx-infused.

Have the planeswalkers win, only to find out the gods were the only thing keeping the eldrazi out, and now they're invading, which only the Gatewatch can defeat!

Theros 2.0 should be Theros vs. New Phyrexia.
Maybe we can finally get an Artifact Enchantment Creature.

For all intents and purposes, there's no difference. He could planeswalker and then he couldn't planeswalk and then he could planeswalk again after going through a load of hoops.

>More smegging eldrazi.
Ahahaha-fuckno.

You know it's what WotC would do.