MTG: Standard General

With Eldritch Moon coming up, all the more reason to have a standard decks. Post plans, criticize, contribute.

I kinda wanna try to build something with Zada and now with Mirrorwing Dragon. So why not try the one with clues and wolfs? Still in alpha stage and needs more clues and cheap creatures, preferably wolfs.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zada-love/

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cult-of-sigarda-gw-humansinvestigate/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I am going to make a busta liliana zombie deck with vengeful noid.

the new official image of standard

Which of these will see the most play?

Nahiri, because eldrazi and card draw

I was running Jund Collected Company because I had a Friend's set of Collected Companies and Sylvan Advocates. It was fun doing CoCo into Matter Reshaped + Fleshbag Marauder, and flipping into another Fleshbag. Unfortunately I had to give the stuff back.

Now I'm looking into making B/R madness burn if it's even possible.

>card draw
>not tamiyo

I love our neighborhood Bunny-Eared Girl Scout just as much as you do, user, but we both know that, in this standard, Bant Can't.

every man child pulled this shit at pre release along with the angels and deep fried shit

and i pulled that 7 mana red uncommon

Anyways messing with u/w spirit tempo, it seems solid. 5 mana jace is really underrated and im still undecided on the sub investigate theme.

i've been playing uw spirits at a sweet midrange and getting more aggro/control in boarding

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cult-of-sigarda-gw-humansinvestigate/

I've been working on this thing for a while now, based on cards from SoI onward, mostly. I'm mostly looking for advice on the spell base, since I'm quite satisfied with the creatures so far. If I have to, though, Duskwatch goes first.

Ban't CoCo has exactly one rotation to enjoy life.

And then never again.

I'm still determined to make a control deck out of black and blue rise from tides and brain in a jar.
Probably going to stick two of that new blue enchantment in there.

It will probably suck since 90% of the meta seems agro

>two of that new blue enchantment in there
not sure if referring to imprisoned in the moon or the auto-counter that sacrifices itself, either way it's gonna be complete trash
c o m p l e t e t r a s h

I'm throughly expecting at least 6 variations of white weenies/humans, being mono-white, G/W, R/W, U/W, Bant, and Naya.
Thalia's Lieutenant with Garrison will just be retarded, and the 4 toughness that Garrison will be at with Always Watching is no joke either
>inb4 dies to grasp of darkness.

Nah the one that exiles the top card of opponents library on first cast their turn and allowed you to play the exiled card for no cost.

mind's dilation, opened one yesterday in the same pack as gisela

i actually want to use that combined with fevered visions, startled awake & talent of the sociopath with a fucktonne of counters just to give people the shits

Why the fuck are you guys playing standard? The last format and this current format is fucking cancer and will only get worse with EMN. Just about every deck that doesn't have green or white is garbo tier, and blue is on suicide watch. I hope you guys enjoy Collected: the Companying till Kaladesh!

Because I play Green and White regularly and don't feel like losing to Thopters: The Thoptering repeatedly when Kaladesh rotates in with all of its quirky red/blue nonsense.

Because modern is too expensive and the deck get banned more often than standard rotates.

With Investigate and Tamiyo, do you guys think mill would work?

How'd you all do at prerelease?
Went 3-1 with a r/w humans deck and pulled both Gisa and Geralf and Ulrich of the Krallenhorde from the prize boosters.

I'm running Mind's Dilation as a one of in my old Esper Pact deck.

I went 3-1 with Red/White weenie/burn with little in terms of decent bombs, but solid synergy. Got Lili, Heron's Grace Champion, Grim Flayer, and Thalia from prize packs.

Namely, I love me some Tamiyo, got her at the prerelease, and can't for the life of me think of what to use her in. I've been wanting to make some sort of land deck, with sylvan advocates and stuff, but I'm not sure what to make.

Hell, I pulled two ulamogs and two nahiris too, and a decimator.

3-0-1 playing mardu crap. Working on getting a playset of eldritch evolution for some mono green good stuff

>Esper Pact deck
>starfield
>auto-counter or sinister concoction
you jerk

Honestly I was going to bin the deck if there weren't any Enchantments in EMN I was able to abuse in loops. But seeing as what we got isn't so bad you've basically got a fundamental means to create a soft-lock deck in Standard. Gonna give it a good hurrah before rotation while I can play with cards like Starfield of Nyx and Sigil of the Empty Throne.

>get Mind's Dilation in the graveyard somehow
>bring it back with Starfield
Holy fuck.

Melding sounds like this.

I see Eldrazi appear in Innistrad, I wonder if they will reach a tribe level equal to that of Goblins or Elves.

Went 3-2 and got 3 packs using a UG Emerge deck. Probably could have gotten 4-1 if I went with vampires, but the Emerge deck is honestly one of the most fun decks I've ever made. Getting to draw a card, tutor a land, or make a 3/2 while emerging my creatures is gravy, and nothing beats the feeling of emerging Decimator of the Provinces to donkey punch my opponent for 15 damage out of nowhere.

For a tribe to work they need to have a few things. Eldrazi already work as a tribal deck of sorts in Modern, Legacy and Vintage.

It's more like contact fusion then poly. Also, Eldrazi are already up there and surpassed the power level of goblins or elves. Pre Eye of Ugin ban they were tier 0 in modern, and they are tier 1 in Legacy, they even are a force to be reckoned with in Vintage.

Eldrazi as a tribe are relevant.

You run Oath of Jace.

>Oath of Jace with Starfield
>Cast a second Oath of Jace and get the cantrip
>Keep getting back the Oath on upkeep with Starfield for constant card advantage while filling the graveyard with other enchantments to bring back

That's what you generally do with Oath of Gideon post-board if you need chump blockers

That's pretty much how the deck goes. You can even loop Demonic Pacts together if they're creatures from the Starfield and choose to have them deal 4 damage to themselves.

3-3 with U/R around instants and sorceries. I had no choice with these fuckers. Also some emerge.
The matches I won were quick, the others were really close though. Had some green mixed in at first too.

>pull dec but nothing outstanding (including oath of Liliana which is useless without her planeswalker card)
>guy pulls 4 mythics including the 13/13 for 13
>mfw

Still fun prerelease. Only salt in wound moment was when I won a pack and pulled the answer to that 13/13, the black spell that makes two creatures -13/-13

>4 mythics
What the fuck, I'm happy if I can get that much out of a display. Only heard of 3 mythics at my store, still jelly.
Someone managed to use the second ability of Oath of Liliana though.

Oh it was nuts. Only time I ever pulled a mythic was M15 when I went blue to get out of my usual green/black colors and pulled Garruck Apex Predator in pack 2.

I want to try G/B Delirium so should I buy a playset of Grim Flayers right now or just wait for a price drop?

You're using the Dragon wrong. You shouldn't be using it as Zada 5-8, you should be using it as Flying 4/5 for 5 that nukes the opponent's board when they remove it. Honestly it's a decent beater for R/G ramp.

Literally just got back into MTG after playing back in mirrodin block and dropping after innistrad. This set looked fun, and I really liked the spirits so I bought a bunch of this shit cause it was cheap. Thankfully I got it when I did cause spirits seem to be on the rise.

This is what I am using for now. Pretty much unfinished as you can tell but it gets the job done playing with my buddies. I think I will drop the always watching and eerie and lean a bit more towards tempo/control. The investigate subtheme is fun and flashing/Ocommanding the double investigate guy into stuff with bishop on board is too fun.

Im also looking into picking up some matter reshaper as I am pretty sure they will sky rocket if the emerge creatures are as broken as I think they are.

Hey tg, wondering if anyone can comment on the state of the current meta of 2HG in standard?

me and a friend are thinking of doing some local standard 2HG tourneys, especially at an Eldritch Moon event coming up soon.

How would matter reshaper work with emerge cards?

Well, I figured Zada is a terrible creature to try to keep on board. But I also don't know anything about standard metagame.

Matter Reshaper

When Matter Reshaper dies, reveal the top card of your library. You may put that card onto the battlefield if it's a permanent card with converted mana cost 3 or less. Otherwise, put that card into your hand.

All of the 7 cost emerge monsters get insane value from this, as it allows you to sack him, and get whatever bonkers effect these cards have. Specifically elder deep but hes probably the most useful 3 drop in standard as far as sacking goes.

oh and the 7 cost is important for emerge because it allows us to drop him on turn 4 after sacking a 3.

Placed first with B/R Madness/Delirium. Here's some of my loot from the event.

I've sorted my stuff out, so no pics.
I took third and went 5-1 (swept once, got swept)
Played G/W humans with Bruna and a pair of It of the Horrid Swarm. Seasons Past pulled a hilarious comeback one game.
Star was Bruna, though. Despite the big cost.

>There are people RIGHT NOW, IN THIS THREAD, who don't own their playset

It's gonna be a staple in BG Delirium, calling it now.

My current brew idea revolves around a combination of Dragon Tempest and Descent of the Dragons, with Curious Homunculi and various token engines to ramp out Descent early for some lethal burn and hasty dragon action. Provided no flying blockers and Magical Christmasland lethal is achievable by Turn 5 on average and possibly Turn 4.

It needs a name and a draw engine though. Day's Undoing/Collective Defiance for card filtration is my idea so far.

>BG delirium
>ever relevant
Be grateful for BG Season Past and maybe Gitrog midrange, you Golgari scum

my advice is drop the spectral shepherd, it is almost always useless from my experience
play spell queller as a 3 drop

Somene Decimator elves here? Im gonna play it because there will be a long time before we get elves again in standard.

>Decimator Elves
>Not R/G Big Pig
You disgust me

I'd really like it if Rock ended up working out well. I'd play it. It would probably be between that, doing R/W Humans with hanweir, or sticking with BW Midrange-control because playing hard control is a death wish at my LCS.

Dont hate me, I actually play RG if I can in standard. Post a list if you can.

went 2-0 2-0 2-0 1-2 at premiere with UBr kinda-agro/control deck
Lost last round after putting dude at 1 hp when I was at 15 and he managed to delete all my tokens/creatures and I only drew shit, feels bad man

>The investigate subtheme is fun and flashing/Ocommanding the double investigate guy into stuff with bishop on board is too fun.
Just hoping you realize that Ocommanding Erdwal into play doesn't trigger Bishop. I'd ditch the Erdwals since they're extremely underwhelming without Bishops. I'd suggest Selfless Spirit if you want better Ocommand graveyard interaction.

I'm putting together a spirits list. Might make it Bant, since I already have my CoCos and Tamiyo looks fun. I'm probably giving it a selfmill subtheme for Topplegeist and Ocommand, but it's getting really crowded already.

Spectral Shephard is cute, getting all that extra value out of all your ETB spirits (esp Spell Queller) and I think 2 is the perfect number. However, it might end up just being winmore garbage. Will have to playtest to see.

Ditch Always Watching for Thunderclap Wyvern.

Pulled a bomb of a deck along with a foil Gisela.

Went 4-0 and made the mad skrilla.

>It's gonna be a staple in BG Delirium, calling it now.
That seems unlikely.

Delirium decks need to run a very modest ammount of creatures alongside a wide variety of other spells, while maximizing the Delirium pay-off. Mindwrack Demon simply pays off since all it does is get rid of a dissadvantage without actually giving you anything good.

>But it enables Delirium!
Not fast enough nor reliably. If it had been 7 cards maybe it would have seen play, but as it is it needs to have lots of support for the ETB trigger to enable Delirium and there are cards better at it than it. Hell, Contingency Plan is a better Delirium enabler (though that's a singularly powerful common, as soon Veeky Forums will realize).

>But it's the best beater in the format!
Yes, its stats are pretty good, but imho he is 1 power short of being great and unfortunately G/B delirium aggro decks can never be a thing because to work they'd need good burn spells and burn is simply shit in the format right now, so your only option would be to fill the deck with aggro critters, which throws the balance between card types and defeats the purpose of a delirium deck. This means G/B Delirium needs to be a midrange or control deck.

It's not a bad card in Standard, and might see play but its far from being a staple in any deck.

spectral shepherd is just garbage in that deck. i always end up sideboarding out

pulled and played top row
opened in prizes and traded for bottom row, added to deck since they're all breddy good

>R/G Big Pig
>Not B/G/C Thanksgivings
You disgust me.

I thought his interaction with spell queller specifically was interesting but beyond that he's not amazing. He will probably be gone by the time emn releases and I get some cards.

You're probably right. However it might be okay in a CoCo list.
I'm likely just going to run Unsubstantiate instead, since it does what Shepherd does (in regards to Spell Queller), but is more flexible and helps fill the instant spot for Topplegeist's Delerium, which Spell Queller has taken away slightly. Same goes for Eerie Interlude.

So im thinking of a spirits deck but im unsure what the ratios for cards like spell queller or mosaleum wanderer should be. Anybody got any tips?

4 of each, 4 Rattlechains, 4 Reflector Mage. That's the very core of the deck.

If I get a weaboo japanese liliana will I be able to play it in NA tournaments?

I wasn't sure if topplegeist would make the cut in standard. Do you think it's strong enough? Seems fine with rattle chains but when your running low on gas if that's your top deck it feels pretty bad.

Also I'm kicking myself for not pre ordering emn spirits while I could. My buddies talked me our of it saying I'll probably pull stuff at pre release/ in my box but of course that didn't work out.

I've been brewing bant in my head as well and while I don't think I'll be including CoCo I do think flashing in permeating mass during blocks is actually broken.

>However it might be okay in a CoCo list
everything else is

I agree on topplegeist, I've been running a nice U/W tempo and thraben inspector did a lot more for me than geist in this shell.

yeah, i had been playing a spirits/clues deck with thraben inspector. it felt too slow in a lot of matchups so i dropped it and shifted away from clues.
i can take a turn's worth of sylvan advocate on the ground then bounce it with reflector mage rather than chumping

>I wasn't sure if topplegeist would make the cut in standard. Do you think it's strong enough? Seems fine with rattle chains but when your running low on gas if that's your top deck it feels pretty bad.
I'm not sure. I had it in there before just to fill the one drop slot before EDM got spoiled, but now that we have Mausoleum Wanderer and Permeating Mass, it's probably redundant, and trying to make Delirium go off could cause some poor deckbuilding decisions.

>i ran this with topplegeist for a while. i only got delirium if i sacced evolving wilds (which i don't run in this deck anymore).
Yeah, the one thing I miss about KTK is the loss of fetches.

>I do think flashing in permeating mass during blocks is actually broken.
I actually love Permeating Mass with Eerie Interlude. Late game, after a few rounds of the board getting full of 1/3s on the ground on both sides, having a bunch of your fliers blink in at the end of an opponent's turn seems devastating. I'll definitely be running it unless an Assault Formation deck becomes something to watch out for.

Any new tech to make this work? Or is it doomed to never take off due to Assault Formation being in the same block as DCommand?

the only way you can win with castigator is if you play her on turn 4 and then destroy the opponent
otherwise it's trash, I feel

Are there any new brews with the Monu U Prison/Brains? I think this new set has many cards that would fit in these two archetypes.

How come nobody calls it Craterhog?

Because that's not what it is. It's the Big Pig.
Because you can be a big pig too, oi.

Permeating Mass helps. The fact that it curves into Assault Formation and lets you swing for 3 on turn 2 is really neat. I'm considering going jund for Tree of Perdition and Behind the Scenes, but fixing is so shite right now that I'm not sure. The deck is already janky and durdly enough without the problem of mana screw.

Actually come to think of it, I could just go full combo in a Burn/Tree/Mass shell, with Triskaidekaphobia and Demonic Pact to lure out Dcommands. Harmless Offering gets the added utility from giving away Castigator rather than Pact...Oh god this standard season is going to be so painfully janky, but I need to make Christmasland happen at least once.

This isn't going to be standard anymore in like 5 days.

Assault formation is from Tarkir.

Unless I am completely wrong about how they knock off the old blocks.

Nothing rotates out, it's only when Kaladesh comes in does Origins and DTK rotates out.

Kaladesh will be glorious, knocking out both the last of Tarkir and pond scum that is Origins will be great.

I believe a variation of GBx Delirium will be the best deck in the format

And you would be wrong.

Why exactly?

Because Green/White Humans is a thing.

But we get another cancerous artifact block.

No one wins

3-1 with BW Aristocrats. Sorin I pulled did a lot of legwork too of course.

I keep reading this card as elder deep fried.

>Calamari Damacy

Continuing to make upgrades to this thing. I feel like I'm comfortable without having CoCo in the deck, (since I want to keep playing this for the next couple of rotations), but without Dromoka's command I'm unsure of how many instants and tricks I'll need to pack.

Any people who actually know what they're talking about want to weigh in?

Will RDW be a thing now that we have some sick pump spells like otherwordly outburst, abandon reason, and borrowed hostility?

In my opinion, no.
White is just so fucking dominant with a suite of first strikers and an enchantment that provides vigilance and +1/+1. Red just can't do anything to that.

I milled my Ema and used this to get her out during prerelease