Stat me

Mannequin.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1n02neCB7U-l_iQ9-x8Uo2Q4Z5eEcLCBCBbFcfAt5w4Q/edit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Doll a cute.

Brain inside chest cavity/10

How would you stat the Thirty Man-Slayer, Veeky Forums?

Bout three quarters through Worm, is the ending any good without spoiling it?

GURPS

It was pretty swell. You might not like the very, very end though.

A lot of people liked it, and a lot of other people didn't. Personally I'll say it's alright, ridiculous in scale (as Worm is usually) but alright.

Honestly though, deep inside I kind of wish the whole "the world is going to end and we have to figure out what the fuck is going on" was dropped and the entire story was just going to continue following the Undersiders on their journey to becoming the baddest motherfuckers in the USA.

>Weakness- bugs

What is the status on Weavers Dice? Is it still getting worked on? Anyone here ever tried running games with it?

I'm warming up some friends to trying it out, they don't know the setting so I'll have to be considerate but they like the idea of having almost no control over the power they get.

>BAZUSO!?
>THE GREY KNIGHT BAZUSO!!!??!?!
Str-18
Dex-3
Con-16
Int-8
Wis-3
Cha-12
3 Ranks in Intimidate
Feat: Improved Ball Chopping

I'm not sure I like where it's going. Tell me one thing.
Does it explain the endbringers, trigger events, parallel universes and all the crazy bullshit?

Anyone have an idea how to randomly generate powers like the ones in Worm?

I really like it. I'm at 26.2

Thank's user!

You best believe that a Bazuso expy is appearing in my next game.

Has an ubsurdly high armour class, agility and grappling modifiers in addition to top tier stealth and a shitload of abilities that range from 'immune to fire' to 'doesn't need sleep'

>Does it explain the endbringers, trigger events, parallel universes and all the crazy bullshit?
Yes to everything, and more

Nice to know where this Pepe comes from i guess

Good good, every chapter seems to introduce a new loose end to tie up and none have despite me being at around the point where Behemoth is killed by Scion in India

Tbqh senpai didn't realise Worm was this popular, then again this is Veeky Forums

Yes. yes. Yes. Yes.
all of them are connected and all of them fit together seamlessly into the greater story as a whole and for the record....the moment pieces come together can on,y be described as a true mindfuck.

Thank god because despite the length of each page/chapter I really doubted Wildbow's ability to keep it together

docs.google.com/document/d/1n02neCB7U-l_iQ9-x8Uo2Q4Z5eEcLCBCBbFcfAt5w4Q/edit

use this. either steal a power or just use it for insperation.

Does skitter ever get a second trigger event? Not very far in.

Not really, no.

Worm's probably the most popular web serial, actually, at least out of the ones I'm aware of.

It's still got a strong presence on serial voting charts, often topping them.

>no one has posted it yet
Veeky Forums has fallen

posted what user?

Its time is over, user.

The meme's not funny anymore.

Move on.

Then post, it is your duty to redeem Veeky Forums and serve as it's saviour.

not even i know what you are even talking about.

explain the fucking joke!

>Jack Slash was locked into a bunker for most of his childhood
>His parents kept telling him over radio that the apocalypse happened and that life on the surface is a total shitshow
>He triggered when he left the bunker and found out that life on the surface is just fine
I understand the connection to his enchanced ability to manipulate people since being manipulated was a large part of his life at the time but how does his extended knife reach power fit into his trigger?

>Not really, No
So what does that mean? Does her power fluctuate in effectiveness over time or what?

Pretty much.

It could be that Jack had a double trigger, I'm trying to imagine a scenario where he could have two shitty enough things happen to him.

Maybe Jack was getting more and more curious about the outside world and decided to sneak a peek, arming himself with a kitchen knife against the horrors of the overworld, he sneaks out the door and can't believe his eyes. Instead of a charred wasteland he sees the green grass of his garden and just beyond the fence people are walking and going about their day. Realizing that his entire world view was a lie told by people he trusted he gained the equal ability to deceive people just the same way.

His anger is rising as he decides to confront the people who broke his trust, he storms into his house and begins yelling, demanding answers while deep down hoping that his parents had a good reason for lying. He forgot that he is still holding a knife. The parents see their son coming towards them, visibly angry and armed with a weapon and conclude they succeeded in making him insane. The father quickly starts rushing to Jack to disarm him.

Jack, very afraid of his father suddenly attacking, remembers the knife and starts flailing it around to stop his father from reaching him. Seeing that his fathers first move is to attack him plays into Jacks fear that there is no bigger reason for being lied to. Feeling completely hopeless against his fathers coming attack he closes his eyes and continues swinging, cue second trigger. Only when he opened his eyes he saw that both his parents were laying on the floor. Despite them being several feet away from him they all had deep knife cuts all across their bodies.

>Double trigger.
You literaly just made that up.

Jack's power is special because his shard is special. That's all there is to it.

We are way off track from the OP.

I really, really wish we got a look inside this fuck's head. Whatever the Simurgh left anyway.

>You literaly just made that up
I mean yeah, I was trying to figure it out from the limited information we have on Jack, although it was clumsy of me to forget Jacks whole Broadcaster shard thing.

How did a "stat me" thread end up with only one character being statted? (and a meme character at that)

People get so excited about Worm threads that they start discussing the story in general since there is no other place on Veeky Forums to do so. I've seen it happen with the last "stat me" thread containing Worm characters too.

Not sure what to think about it honestly.

Personally, I don't mind it. I just wish some people would do what the thread was meant to do.

On that note, here's some art I found. We can at least get some cool pics posted.

Well I can't say for sure but I'm pretty sure Manny's AC is "Eat Shit"

If I had to stat Mannequin, I'd have to do so with some set of giant robot rules, so that I could best emulate his ability to tank damage and modify his equipment.

And if I were really evil, I'd do so in Palladium, with MDC. With Zion having a few million, and a max damage limit per time until his dimensional lock is broken.

what about Veeky Forums?

Veeky Forums is totally dead and full of /pol/tards

I was going to say because Veeky Forums is too far up their asses to care about something "low" as Worm

I've never cared about the superheroes until worm, how do I into this genre as a whole? Just go out and start buying any comic that looks interesting enough and see what sticks? Look up the most famous and well received ones and work through that list first?

Essentially you gotta find good stories, and these can vary from character to character. For example, Batman has some downright amazing stories, and some fucking awful ones.

Maybe. She isn't capable of second triggering when they check for it, so either she got double tapped in the locker or was never capable of it at all.

Holy shit, thats the best drawing of Leviathan I've ever seen. Any more from this artist?

Anyone have fanfic recommendations? Besides the obvious ones like Cenotaph.

She may have second triggered after the Bakuda fight; she starts hearing through the moths outside the room, something she couldn't do before.

She is already a second trigger cape. She triggered twice in the locker.

20 Spooks
10 Gooks
69 spluges

>can on,y be described as a true mindfuck.

Not... really...

The details are pretty strongly foreshadowed, and the limiter thing was a bit of a mess.

They may as well go to Spacebattles - the site still hasn't stopped sucking it off.

Thousand of pages of rehashing old arguments and morality garbage.

>Is it still getting worked on?
Yes. Slow as shit and every one playing it fudges stuff a lot,because the mechanics aren't that important, since there's no balance between the characters (powers are like that).

>Jack's power is special because his shard is special.
Not really actually. Jack is special.

Yes.

Stat me thread are total cancer though. They're only useful in the way they can generate discussion, which this one has.

The Thinker part of his power works well with his trigger, the Striker/Blaster also works if he sees the world around as a threat. From the rulebook.

>Thinker - Advanced perception, knowledge, data-collection, or skills. Thinkers manifest from emotional or mental strain, reaching a crisis point in a short time.
>Striker - Touch based and melee effects. Typically weapon’s or arm’s reach limited. Strikers result from immediate, in-your-face threat, usually a singular object or individual.
>Blaster - Powers that provide a ranged attack. Blasters come about from hostile others, approaching or attacking from a distance.

Almost any trigger can fit any classification, it really only depends on the emotional make-up of the character, and their reactions to it. Jack Slash could have been a Master (betrayal), a Shaker (dangerous environment) or even a Breaker (but most capes have somewhat Breaker-ish secondary powers).

>Thousand of pages of rehashing old arguments and morality garbage.
Which is why nobody from Veeky Forums goes there for the discussion.

Mine would be:

>Burn Up
Alt power thing. Interesting because Taylor is not often portrayed as a Brute. Read the first chapter, you'll either find it hilarious and get hooked, or hate it. Either way, it's short, and there are some pearls of good writing in it.
>"It would be so easy. She’d bowl them over like pins. She was taller and bigger than them she would throw them out the windows. She would pick them up by their ankles and shake the bitch out of them like loose change."

>El-Ahrairah
Not my favorite, but it has so much social combat. And I love social combat. Alt power again, Taylor is a Thinker/Trump specialized in capes. Cauldron-centric, Taylor has never met Jack Slash but channels him oh-too-well.

>Intrepid
Sophia's chapters are one of the best (re-)interpretation of her. Basic outline: after the locker incident, not only Taylor, but also Emma and Madison trigger. The author is prone to Mary Sueism though, so beware. Lots of chapters though.

>Dominion
Taylor is Khepri. Crawler is her friend. Together, they're cute as shit, and horrifying. Slaughterhouse Nine centric. It also made me blush and squirm just by the implications of her power that didn't actually hit me in canon proper. I think I gained a new fetish, even though it's not lewd at all.

I'll just dump my shit.

Also, I love this picture because that's where you can see how bullshit her multi-tasking abilities are. She can control each insect individually. That's just crazy.

Alexandria is hot.

She also wins the "most times stripped naked" award, an excellent combination!

Yes.

Too bad there's no costume Tinkerer for her, I guess.

Did they ever explain why his shard or powers were so "off"? Did he maybe gain a power from the third entity, playing by different rules?

All the Cauldron shards are off. Remember, he got his powers from a Cauldron vial. That means he got an Eden shard, which wasn't diluted.

Also, Weaver Dice is hilariously lethal. Wildbow's Lausanne game has like a 70% fatality rate.

Not sure what you mean.

He just got like every single power he needed from Eden.

The only person linked to the third entity was... errr.... Fortuna? I think that was her name but it's been a while since I've read it.

Wasn't he supposed to be fat-ish?

No, he didn't get every single power. He got a specific power, a Trump power. It's a 'give you what you need' ability.

In the alternate timeline, Eden uses it to create mini-Endbringers.

I don't think so. He was supposed to be below average in facial features, but I don't think he would wear a bodysuit if he had been fat (and he does wear a spandex-type costume in canon).

Weird, I always saw him as looking like Fabio.

Just because he's the rainbowest gay in Worm?

Basically.

Power-gen in Weaver Dice is really weird. I have had two characters: One guy was a HIV-positive bruiser with the ability to transform into a ghostly breaker state that 'stole time'. The other was a complete sycophant who gained Darkseid's Omega Beams and a minor Thinker power that made it nearly impossible for those beams to miss.

Other unique powers I've seen are a guy who turned into a completely invulnerable energy being - his skin peeling off to be used as tentacles - with the drawback of severe scarring afterwards. Then there was one guy who could transform into a mind/body multi-armed monstrosity that could levitate shit and create weapons.

I was more going on how the Fairy Queen reacted to him, but now that I think about it she did say something about a whole group of people being out of place. Maybe she just meant Eden shards in general.

Yeah, Eden shards don't have the safeguards that Scion shards have.

She didn't like him because of what he represented, plus because he was fighting against Scion. Also because of his "real" ability being at odds with hers.

The final arc is complete trash, particularly the villain character and what it does to the setting.

Loosely, it swaps complexity and mounting threats for one big hopeless brawl dragged out to stupid lengths.

Makes me wonder what would have happened if Taylor died.

For instance, if Dauntless had survived, he'd have capped off as 'Almost as fast as Legend/nearly as tough as Alexandria.'

There wasn't much more Bow could do on the mounting threats than [SERIOUS FUCKING SPOILERS ALERT] two additional Endbringers really. But yeah. Way too long. Wildbow probably has graphomania.

Against [SERIOUS FUCKING SPOILERS ALERT] Scion? It wouldn't have mattered really. They were losing even with Khepri.

I honestly dont think they could have won without her, which is kind of a strike against the serial for me.
The fatality rate is so high but she did suffer quite a lot, so I wouldnt call her a mary sue, it just seems off that there would be no one else in a position to have stopped it. That in the end, it really was all on her shoulders.

I think it was bullying that stopped him in the end. Anyone else could have had that idea; although making him angry enough would have been harder.

Him?

What are you talking about?

>Bullying
We came full circle. What a life Taylor.

Oh, yeah nevermind.

It was an undercurrent all serial long. Taylor acted as a bully a whole lot.

I thought it was in his thigh?

Wildbow is kinda retarded, and reading Worm itself is a slog the majority of the time, but it's an interesting setting.

She triggered twice in the locker.

The first powerset was just a thinker / master power that let her use the senses of insects within a certain range, the event was being locked in the locker for a few hours and being isolated and feeling the bugs crawling and biting all over.

The second trigger is what gave her the infinite+ perfect multitasking and the ability to directly control her swarms; and was triggered when she woke up from her first trigger event and was overwhelmed by the sensation of the insects biting into her own flesh.

Sounds like fanon.

This is an actual thing. At one point, one character flat-out tells her: "Sorry, you've had a second trigger event. No new superpowers for you."

Bonesaw flat out tells her.

In the Slaughterhouse 9000 arc? Because there was no such thing in the first Slaughterhouse arc.

Pretty sure it was just Tattletale musing. And there was certainly no such identification of her powersets.

Was there a point to the whole Weaver part of the story? Maybe helping Golem, but Wildbow could have just said he did well in Chicago. Was it to show she wasnt ever going to be a good superhero?
Other then that whole chunk of the story, I was pretty on board.

Near the end before Panacea messes with her I think.

Actually Bonesaw and later Number Man tell her.

The Weaver part had the fight in India though, and that was pretty good.

The Weaver part of the story was all about the realization that the Heroes were effectively worthless and Taylor's realization that really was a better force of good acting as a tyrant with little strings attached to her than as a Hero.

Dunno, I liked it. What I didn't really like was the S9000 part. It brought many yawns with it.

Conflicting.

And butterfly combat.

How is that conflicting?

>Taylor seeks more power
>Seeks out methods to Second Trigger
>Find out from the world's most potent bio-tinker and one of the most bull-fuck Thinkers in creation she already second triggered
>Goes to Panacea, the world's most potent biokinetic and someone exposed to a great many First and Second triggered parahumans to jail-break her shard even more, even with brain death being almost entirely certain with little to no gain.