Dragonball Quest #54

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a sixteen year old boy named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

22nd World Martial Arts Tournament

>>youtube.com/watch?v=K8JwUGR9Sok

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10772026
strawpoll.me/10772029
youtube.com/watch?v=4Q4WsIDWI_E
youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

strawpoll.me/10772026

strawpoll.me/10772029

Rock user a shit

Lock the rock

It really depends on the day whether I support Bulma or Lazuli

Can't fight Ox King. Krillin has to face him

"Who are you?" you ask the three-eyed man in a polite tone.

"Tenshinhan," he answers. "The future winner of this tournament. You must be Tofoo."

You tell him that you are Tofoo, and ask where Yamcha is.

"Winning his first match," Tenshinhan answers. "I just wanted to see what the fuss was about. I must say, I'm disappointed."

"Hey, Tofoo came in second at the last tournament!" Krillin tells him.

"Yes, he came in second to a decrepit old man," Tenshinhan replies. "That's not impressive, that's pathetic."

Goku stares at Tenshinhan and Chaozu for a moment before his expression turns to one of anger.

"It is you," he tells them. "You two hurt Inoshikacho!"

Tenshinhan smirks down at your friend. "So what?"

"He was your friend!" Goku shouts. "How could you two treat him like that?"

"Spare me," Tenshinhan answers. "Inoshikacho was just a thing."

Goku glares at the three-eyed man, until he notices Chaozu staring at him with a blank, expressionless gaze.

Chaozu hasn't said a word this entire time, and the way he looks at Goku is kind of unnerving.

>A. Ask what he's staring at

>B. Tell Tenshinhan that it sounds like he's just as bad as Roshi said

>C. Tell Tenshinhan that only a fool gets this arrogant before the fighting even starts

>D. Don't say anything

>E. Ask how much stronger Yamcha's gotten

>F. Go watch Yamcha fight

>G. Something else

>C. Tell Tenshinhan that only a fool gets this arrogant before the fighting even starts

inb4 he says something like It's not arrogance its confidence

Fair enough

>>C. Tell Tenshinhan that only a fool gets this arrogant before the fighting even starts
>>A. Ask what he's staring at

>>F. Go watch Yamcha fight
Anyone can talk shit. Lets go see someone actually fighting.

"What are you staring at?" you ask. turning your attention to Chaozu.

The small fighter doesn't answer, continuing to blankly stare at Goku, who looks more confused by the second.

Finally, Chaozu raises a hand, pointing at your friend and uttering a single word.

"Midget."

Goku is taken aback, clearly not expecting that from Chaozu. Honestly, with the way the painted boy was staring, you were kind of expecting something more substantial.

"Hey! That's not very nice!" Goku shouts at him.

"Midget," Chaozu repeats.

"I'm taller than you!" Goku protests.

Chaozu answers by sticking out his tongue.

"Chaozu, you know it's rude to mock your inferiors," Tenshinhan lectures the smaller fighter.

"Only a fool gets this arrogant before the fighting even starts," you tell Tenshinhan.

He chuckles. "Only a fool wouldn't be confident being surrounded by this many weaklings. Come, Chaozu, we should be fighting soon."

The two of them turn and disappear into the crowd, with Krillin and Goku glaring after them.

"I think those jerks are overcompensating," Krillin says. "How much you wanna bet they don't make it past their first match?"

Goku shakes his head. "No, they're really strong. I fought Tenshinhan before, and he almost crushed me."

"Master Roshi spoke about the Crane Hermit to me and Gohan," Ox King tells the three of you. "He says that Shen is almost as strong as he is, and that his students can be very dangerous."

You hear your number being called.

>A. Head right for the ring

>B. Something else

Time to duel

Where are we in height now? Yamcha at the beginning of the series?

Yes. But with more muscles.

>>youtube.com/watch?v=4Q4WsIDWI_E

Without another word to your friends, you approach the ring, hopping into it to find your opponent already waiting.

He's a monster, and a rather large one at that. He stands on two legs, but his two front limbs look like they can be used to walk on as well. A long tail stretches behind him, and a single horn juts front the center of his head, which also has two large ears.

The creature opens its mouth, and flames billow forth into the air.

"He looks strong," you hear Goku comment from nearby.

"That's Baragon," a familiar voice tells him.

Glancing over your shoulder, you see Jackie Chun standing beside your friend.

"He's competed in several past tournaments," Chun explains. "Rather successfully, too. But he's almost been disqualified several times for nearly killing his opponents. His flames have scorched many warriors, and those who taste them rarely fight again."

The creature roars, and the official clears his throat.

"You may begin!"

>A. Attack the creature head-on (40)

>B. Go on the defensive, but also be ready to avoid the fire (60)

>C. Bear Shout (20)

>D. Something else

Let's save showing off our techniques until later.

>>A. Attack the creature head-on (40)
put our fist in his gut

ROLL!

Rolled 21 (1d100)

Rolled 43 (1d100)

Dice

Rolled 32 (1d100)

Rolled 1 (1d100)

roll!

Well, that was close

not off to a good start today, going go sacrifice some virgins to the dice gods.

Somnius writes the Quest OP, so that's off the table.

Not wanting to give Baragon the chance to hit you with his flames, you take the opportunity to launch the first attack.

Dashing across the ring at top speed (as fast as you can go with your weighted clothes on), you give the monster a strong punch to the gut.

Baragon roars in pain, falling forward and landing on all fours. You hop back to avoid being crushed, and the creature opens its mouth wide, sending flames billowing forth at you.

You jump out of the way, and Baragon turns around, swinging his massive tail at you.

>A. Avoid it (50)

>B. Grab hold and hold on tight (40)

>C. Kick it away (60)

>D. Something else

>>B. Grab hold and hold on tight (40)

Get outta here Bowser

>>B. Grab hold and hold on tight (40)

So long gay Bowser

ROLL

Rolled 55, 69, 71, 9, 4 = 208 (5d100)

A Qualification round is a qualification round. you can't say it's only a half.

Rolled 81 (1d100)

>SO LONG GAY BOWSER!!!

Rolled 9 (1d100)

Rolled 81 (1d100)

Rolled 30 (1d100)

Rolled 56 (1d100)

dice gods here me!

Rolled 5, 3, 84, 44 = 136 (4d100)

Take only the 1st roll.
The latter 3 are clearing the RNG up.

Double power bonus

Feels good to be a gansgta

Baragon's tail slams into your gut, but you grip onto it, keeping yourself from being knocked away.

The beast roars and swings his tail around, trying to throw you off, but you hold on tight, refusing to let go no matter how hard he tries to make you.

Finally, he attempts to slam you against the ground, but that just allows you to anchor yourself there.

Baragon turns toward you, and you know he's about to use his fire breath.

>A. Throw him out of the ring before he has the chance(40)

>B. Bear Shout (60)

>C. Let go, dodge, and go for his face (70)

>D. Something else

>>A. Throw him out of the ring before he has the chance(40)
lets get this over with

Rip

ROLL

Rolled 41 (1d100)

Rolled 81 (1d100)

Rolled 42 (1d100)

Rolled 53 (1d100)

Rolled 80 (1d100)

If your a homosexual koopa, you have to go home. Sad!

Spinning, you lift the massive creature off his feet. He attempts to shoot his flame breath at you, but by this point he's facing away from you, causing the fire to go uselessly into the air.

You let go, and he goes flying away, crossing the room and crashing through the far wall, creating a sizable hole and sending him out of the building.

"Winner!" the official calls.

"That was great!" Goku says as you hop out of the ring.

"I wasn't sure you'd be able to lift that big thing," Krillin admits. "But you threw him away like it was nothing."

"Well, someone's gotten stronger," a voice says from nearby.

Turning, you find Yamcha smirking down at you. He looks similar to the last time you saw him, but now he's dressed in the clothes of Crane Hermit's students.

"Good to see you haven't been slacking off," Yamcha comments. "I'd hate to beat you too quickly, it won't be fun unless I can take my time picking you apart."

>A. Tell him to save it for the ring

>B. Tell him you're sorry about what happened before

>C. Tell him you talked to Puar

>D. Tell him he's the one who's going to get picked apart

>E. Something else

>>B. Tell him you're sorry about what happened before

>>A. Tell him to save it for the ring
>D. Tell him he's the one who's going to get picked apart

>E. Tell him we'll give him his sword after the tournament.

>>B. Tell him you're sorry about what happened before

but

>>D. Tell him he's the one who's going to get picked apart

>E. I also still have your sword its a Bulma's

Puar disapproves

>A. Tell him to save it for the ring

Puar is less relevant than Oolong, the only opinion that really matters is Dr Briefs

Dr. Briefs is great, but

>Shit talking Oolong

Not cool, man

That's true.

I mean, they already have a shapeshifter that becomes forgotten and useless after their initial appearance. Why have two?

Hey, Oolong helped you with Colonel Silver's men, and saved your ass from Yamcha last tournament

wasn't shit talking, just giving a comparison.
Making a lotta assumptions there SOM

Rolled 27 (1d100)

How relevant is oolong, on a scale of 1 to 100?
Let's let the dice decide!

That's because you're not as much of a hack as Toriyama

Rolled 34 (1d100)

Oolong is 27/100 relevant.
Hooray!

Now how relevant is Yamcha?

Pretty close though :^)

5 zenny says Dr. Briefs added a surround system on yamcha's sword while we were away with Lapis added a certain song to loop when ever its swung.
youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Rolled 19 (1d100)

Let's roll to see how relevant Tofoo is

These are all pretty accurate. Tofoo's is more when Saiyan BS starts happening though.

"I'm sorry about what happened before," you tell Yamcha.

At first, the former bandit looks surprised, then he looks angry.

"You're sorry?" he snaps. "That's rich. Do you know how humiliating it was to get beaten by children over and over again? To have my things destroyed and stolen? To get disfigured?"

"Disfigured?" Goku asks.

"My tooth!" Yamcha shouts. "Remember?"

He glares at you with absolute contempt. "You aren't sorry. Not sorry enough, anyway. But you will be. I'm going to rip you apart out there!"

"Save it for the ring," you tell him.

"Don't worry, I won't try anything before then," he assures you. "I want your friends and the public to watch you lose. I want you to be humiliated like I was. And when I'm done, maybe I'll take something of yours."

"I still have your sword," you tell him. "You can have it back when the tournament's done."

"Too little, too late," Yamcha tells you. "You aren't getting out of this one."

"You couldn't even beat me last tournament," Krillin reminds him. "And Tofoo's way stronger than I was back then."

"I'm counting on that," Yamcha tells him. "But it won't be enough. And just a warning, cue-ball. When I'm done with Tofoo, you and the monkey kid are next."

>A. Tell him to leave your friends out of this

>B. Just ignore Yamcha

>C. You think you see Tenshinhan getting in the ring, go watch him

>D. The Ox King's number was just called, go watch him fight

>E. Something else

>B. Just ignore Yamcha

>>E. Something else
Damn nigga you salty. Still can't talk to women without them being 12?

>D.

"Krillin, your father in laws match is coming up. Might be a good idea to watch in case you have to fight him."
Lets see if he catches us pulling one over him like he does with us

>B. Just ignore Yamcha
The greatest insult to an enemy is to ignore them

"Leave my friends out of this," you warn.

"They got themselves involved in this," Yamcha tells you. "I have scores to settle with both of them, you just take priority."

Getting tired of Yamcha's threats, you look over at Krillin. "Your father-in-law's match is coming up. Might be a good idea to watch in case you have to fight him."

"He's not my father-in-law," Krillin tells you. "Chichi and I haven't got married."

"That sounds yummy," Goku comments.

"No, you dummy, marriage is-nevermind," Krillin sighs, going to watch the Ox King's match.

Meanwhile, you see Tenshinhan stepping into the ring, so you decide to go and watch him fight.

In the ring with the three-eyed fighter is a sumo-wrestler. The fat fighter throws a bunch of palm-strikes in the air, chanting to himself in a somewhat obnoxious voice.

"Invincible! Invincible!"

A fighter in black near the ring snorts. "They'll let anybody fight these days. What's this guy going to do, sit on him?"

The sumo stops, turning toward the man. "Why don't you say that to my face?"

"Gladly," the fighter in black says as the sumo jumps out of the ring.

The large fighter walks right up to him, and the fighter in black throws a punch that goes right into the sumo's fat belly before being pushed right out.

The sumo hits him with his belly, and the fighter in black goes flying across the room.

"Well, that was strange," Goku comments.

"Yes, his large size is an advantage in this case," Jackie Chun says, coming to stand beside the two of you. "It causes most attacks to bounce right off of him."

The sumo climbs back into the ring, and the official calls the match.

Tenshinhan takes a crane stance, and the sumo crosses the ring, charging toward the other fighter.

Tenshinhan wins the match in the span of a second, striking the sumo in the face with three punches and four kicks before the fat man even knows he's been hit.

The sumo collapses to the ground, unconscious.

>Continued

You hear fighters murmuring around you, surprised that Tenshinhan won with a single punch. Apparently, they couldn't keep track of all of the attacks that were used.

Chaozu floats over to Tenshinhan as the announcer calls the match, handing the taller fighter his shirt.

The two of them step out of the ring and walk away, but not before Tenshinhan smirks in your direction.

"He's good," Goku comments.

"Yes, it seems Shen has trained this student well," Chun comments. "He will be a dangerous opponent indeed."

>A. Ask Jackie how he's been

>B. Tell Jackie you hope you get to fight him again

>C. Go see if the Ox King's still fighting

>D. You think you heard Krillin's number called, go watch him

>E. Something else

>>C. Go see if the Ox King's still fighting

>A. Ask Jackie how he's been
>B. Tell Jackie you hope you get to fight him again
>D. You think you heard Krillin's number called, go watch him

>>C. Go see if the Ox King's still fighting