Post Apoc Megacorp Maticico Remnant civ quest 24

Last thread

We continue to do what we can to expand our influence and power, as militarization efforts continue.

Soon, one day, we dream of control of the area. Or at lesat the space elevator, and continue to build toward it.

Meanwhile, Rizal and the Techno-Brood continue to grow and evolve.

>Character info
docs.google.com/document/d/12wCyA91tyGpRmagXXH3UGcPX0xC7XwcCJzoPJ5nOzic/edit#heading=h.4f777mephhr2

Rolled 42 (1d100)

It's a strange place we're in. The comfy stage where we're waiting for things to fall into place before we begin a few huge projects.

Oh well, once we set up the Director and Axum's hybrid defense network we'll have the land to produce mobile bases and eventually Sal will get back with those damned FortiCo motherfuckers and we can get the Mountain done too.

Just to clarify, I am in favor of still dividing our territory under the jurisdiction of what is essentially our two top generals.

One the master of offense

The other of defense

It could breed healthy competition on who can be the most competent and succesful, akin to the race between Georgy Zhukov and Ivan Konev.

Only when one method is significantly inferior, then we can make a full decision to support the other 100%

Wrong pic

If I might make a suggestion for somethings to do;

1) Train our infantry to fortify areas on the battlefield and give them some tools to do so like welders, sledgehammers, shovels, spades and such. This will allow them to plug gaps in our defences as they appear and to create defences offensively.

2) Give our troops some close combat training and urban combat training. This will make them better at defending our urban sprawl bases and against the usual horde enemies, assuming they get close.

3) Training them in battlefield repairs, to allow them to salvage their own, and enemy, tanks and such. Increasing the effectiveness of our vehicles and helping to solve the supply problem.

Also time for learning:

Let's see what the Security Director has taught us regarding defense.

>the Security director himself went out
>He manages to set up a firing line with trenches and vehicles distracting the enemy while the bunker was being built.

>As soon as it was completed the vehicles pulled out behind the bunker to keep attacking and our infantry scattered or went into the bunker.

>The scattered infantry would then entrench themselves some distance away and take out any of the enemy who tried to flee. While the enemy was caught being pounded by vehicles and bunkers. Their enemies being repaired the entire time by the recently freed up builders.

>Meanwhile while they were doing that suddenly the enemies base got lit up.

>Turned out that entire gig was a distraction while their base was scouted, marked, and then targeted by our bombers who made a pass on it. The entire op was very clean and clear unlike with Axum with minimal losses too boot.

>>the director doesn't want a bunch of big bases. He wants a network of overlappinger bunkers. Make it easy to retreat to the surrounding bunkers should something get fucked and to easily reinforce each other.

Okay, can I just go out and say

I LIKE THE DIRECTOR

I WISH WE MET HIM FROM THREAD ONE

HE ENACTED THE ORIGINAL AESTHETIC IDEAL FOR MATICIO I WANTED FROM A LONG TIME AGO

only in a much smarter way

Having Axum on standby for Blitzkrieg Assaults is very good too!

Rolled 53 (1d100)

We've actually got combat engineering exo-armor that has all of this and more already integrated into it.

Not the same one we wanted-but-couldn't purchase Combat Engineering Power Armor from Matar Sec right?

True but the point of making sure every troop has some knowledge of how to do it is so we can do it more quickly and on a squad or even individual level.

Not to mention that those Exo's are a large target.

As to the other things, I gave my reasons and I'd point out that should a tank ever be behind friendly lines, that with my suggested training they have a better chance of repairing their tank and getting back. Plus we can capture enemy vehicles to strengthen our forces.

Nope, basically just bandit-ized versions of the engineering exo armor we had before. That sweet auto-upgrading shit mane.

We have SO much technology accumulated over literally 20+ threads that is on Genie's unwritten stats (or probably he just adds numbers to them) that I kind of almost wish we could have a list of them.

I can imagine we have 100s of newly aquired techs in the background

It's probably why both we as players and Genie are a bit more abstract in our actions and descriptions of what happens unless it's an incredibly unique or powerful technology

Bump

Well I suppose what I'm trying to say is that I'm pretty sure we've already got those effects you want going on. We'd have to ask Genie to know for sure though.

Rolled 79 (1d100)

>Action 1
Burn 2 supply to restock

>Action 2
Raid to get more supply

>MAD Action
Whatever they did last time

>Free Trade
Lets look for some trading partners. something we can passively build stuff for and trade with for supplies

[No heart sank when I saw our stats...why the drop?]

Massive sell off by CEO I guess?

Did you not read? We got two AI and have a plan set up to get our stats up as the last action. While making use of the training boost.

Rolled 89 (1d100)

I guess I can repost the action since the other thread may drop. No need to rush using supplies we have the people and skills to restock with out it.

Act 1
Since we just got Paramilitary remnant Stako Security Incorporated joining us.
We should train some people with them. Get each other use to our different troop types.

Act 2
Warlord raid time!

Trade
CEO help restock what we can of our stats.

MAD
JAL and miss(?) Jazri keep working on the infestor.

Rolled 33 (1d100)

Supporting this. I think we should attach our badass/elite units to some heroes permanently so they are there unless we state otherwise.

I think it's just our troops in general. We were never given a unit type or name. Otherwise our heroes that want units should have them.

Granted I wanted to get a trader unit made to support the CEO, if it would help.

bump for genie

I just wanna cover this map in Icons but I have no idea where JALs monster dens are or where the Tek bandits are or anything...also yeah...map

Wow holy crap user that's really good

I think Axum and the Paramilitary killed everything nearby is the problem.

Also Genie isn't being nice and posting locations of brood nests

Rolled 47 (1d100)

Voting

Rolled 54 (1d100)

I'm fairly certain the massive stat drop is temporary; we had to pay a shitload for those AIs.

Vote

Although we might need several turns of doing nothing but integrating the paramilitary, that seems to be how that sort of thing works.

Also we need to use the new AIs.

bump

bump

Rolled 99 (1d100)

Vote

ok with that no more rolling, a 1 is just as likely as a 100 so leave it at this 99.

bamp

late night bumpuru love the map pity JAL eats everything or we kill whats left.

fuck off to your board

But we are here...

It's nice that we have a battle couple. I'm happy for Roy and Sarah.

Oh shit, we never gave them a wedding gift! Oh well, we can still give them a housewarming gift. It's psi augs. The really good ones.

bumparoni

We should create an elite unit for each of our heroes. A personal retinue for each of them

How about we get every hero a squad of like 4 pic related? The kinda guys whom when you sit down and take out a cigarette one stands to your side and lights it. Judge level hard asses.

wait a moment....holy shit...lets go on the prowl and try to discover a way to produce Super Soldiers....The Tek Bandits have some....Lets make a fucking Super Solider Strike Force!

On a side note how is this Civ power level wise as compared to others we've had or in ability to actually altar the world

To my understand we are far more powerful than most civ's that have been run in the past. As seen by the fact that we could lose the entire population of many previous civ's, and have, without suffering or dying out.

There is also how much tech and resources we have access to, where in the past we might have been survivors barely powering a 3-D printer or a think-tank remnant struggling to take advantage of our tech.

The only reason that we aren't really powerful is because as we have grown, the threats we face have grown with us. Partly thanks to the QM balancing things and also because we have been less cautious and such thanks to our apparent strength.

As to making super soldier, we could make post-fall quality "super" soldiers, we can't really produce the pre-fall stuff thanks to lack of resources and such.

If we are going to make them, I have suggestions for some techs to pick up and other things to do;

1) Invest in a retro-virus carrier to enable genetic alteration to the super-troops. This will allow us to do some of the other suggestions more easily.

2) Find a bio-tech think tank and purchase off of them stuff like the genetic structure of enhanced muscles, eyes, bones, nerves and other such things.

3) Get the usual sort of tech's elites should have like cloaking, night(/heat/other)-vision, cybernetic enhancements, etc.

4) Provide them with enhanced training in regards to infiltration, demolition, firearms proficiency, interrogation, camouflage, melee proficiency and more or less anything else they might ever need.

Don't we already have as close to this as possible?
CEO: He has a spy and spec op unit, apparently
Ginny: Corp Psi Engineers
Sarah: Corp Psi Security
Roy: Maddened Corp Psi Security
Biggy: Generally works alone.
Lil P: We don't really have anything special for him yet, just the tanks. Probably we'd use whoever crews the MMBB
Warlord Axum: His close friends
Security Director Sarfos: I don't know, but if hasn't already done so on his own initiative, we should officially make him in charge of our various Spec Ops groups.
Joy: De facto leader of our MAD forces, whoever's closest to her will probably be the best.

Rizal has her own friends, including Axum and the King. I don't know what JAL, Jazri, and Dr. Clicky have around themselves, but it's probably elite Brood.

>produce Super Soldiers
I'm not going to preemptively say no way, but it'd be easier to produce a fleet of mobile bases, and we've already been told it ain't easy to do that. Super Soldiers are themselves hero-tier, and generally they are relics of the Pre-Fall

Getting the Tek Bandits and their Super Soldiers on our side, however, is a different matter entirely.

If we go that route, why don't we make us of our mutation ability?

I don't want to rely on brood, I never have. Plus the simple fact is that the brood have greater use doing things which we can't do by ourselves or dealing with threats and problems.

Mutation=/=Brood
JAL allows us to mutate anything.

True, I am unaware as to the limits of the mutation ability and therefore felt it might be easier to require the needed data from another group.

Yeah. It's true that doing it ourselves would probably best be reserved for anything we can't buy.

Speaking of the Brood though, Genie has said we can learn a lot from them. Studying them could yield a lot of biotech (that is not itself Brood).

Makes sense, seeing as how most of our advances in medicine and such can be directly related to cutting up or inspecting plants and animals.

We don't actually need to find a bio-tech Think Tank to purchase that sort of things. Umbra's got all our medical desires in the bag already. Just have to persuade them to give them to us.

Producing super soldiers isn't per-se beyond our means, we'd have to be clever about doing it though. If we go down that route I'd advise asking the Tek Bandits if they've got any Anysplice Serum and then using Jazri and Umbra to produce a sleugh of non-infesting super organs to shove into them.

Damn it's a shame those fuckers came to such an abrupt end.

This being said, Rizal will theoretically, eventually develop that awesome serum.

So here's an idea:

Bouncing Betties (pop up, shoot off a whole shitton of shrapnel, fall back down) using very powerful electromagnets and supercapacitors instead of explosives. Have them chained down to ferrous anchors in the ground throughout our territory with some sort of minor and passive energy collection system trickle-charging the capacitors.

Then buy some schematics for low-grade sound muffling fields from the Tek Bandits. They don't have to do much more than quieten the moans and screams of wounded folks. Install those around the bouncing betty fields. Now we need to add either a small radio-switch that only receives (no clues for clever enemies) and activates the mines based on an encrypted frequency.

Silenced bouncing betties that reload and reset themselves off of their own shrapnel (or can be more quickly reloaded by our troops just driving around and throwing out scrap metal), get triggered when we want them to, and are altogether very low tech and easy to manufacture+install.

The sound muffling fields are optional, but I'd love to set these off behind an advancing force that has poor coordination and have them not even notice their rear lines get shredded.

If I might make a suggestion in regards to creating defences.

We could deploy flame turrets that rise from the ground and spray their surroundings before igniting the flammable mix. Alternatively fill them with acid.

Another idea would be to actually expand our defences. Creating outpost-towers, too small to be called bases but big enough to act as a deterrent, defence and warning system. Add a system of pillboxes linking into them and a underground train-line linking them and us together and they'd be perfect.

We should consider the possibility of making "Mine shells" that launch out their cargo over the designated site. It would make it far easier to refill the mine fields during sieges and such.

bump

Well if we have the magnetic bouncing betties that'd be piss easy. In fact, our regular artillery bombardment against besieging forces would replenish them so long as we had a way of hooking them into our power network for a quick recharge on the batteries too.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure we all agree that we should begin focusing on defenses that cover more swathes of ground effectively and without much maintenance.

It occurs to me that if we put solenoids in the ground as the launching mechanism for the mines and hardened the head of the electromag cluster then they could even serve as anti-armor to an extent while not increasing technical difficulty at all really.

Here's a thought: This used to be a megacity, but anything intact is deep beneath a layer of rubble; i.e. in the underground. Between the Brood and our troops, now trained by Axum and kitted out as only Corp Bandits with copious amounts of Tek Bandit goodies can be, do we have what it takes to brave the depths in search of treasures that others have overlooked in favor of the Tower?

So what you are saying is you want to enter into the, untouched and unknown, under-city? No offence but it would be extremely dangerous, if rewarding.

The isolation of the environment will have resulted in everything, from the monsters to the zombies, having adapted to the cramp, dark and sealed conditions. This is before considering what other things might be down there.

However not only is the possible material and space rewards worth it but also the tech we might reap.

You have a good point. We've got really, really good (BADASS, if I recall) underground fighters already. The terrors of the underground are without number and unspeakably terrifying, but...with everyone else focused on the Tower and upwards I bet expansion downwards would go mostly unnoticed.

It would but what we must consider is that the under-city hasn't been touched, as far as we know, since the fall. The moment we open it up we could get another black AI or something even worse.

If we are going to do it, I feel we need to create only one entrance, separated the rest of our bases until we are certain it is under our control. This is because at any moment we could collapse the entrance, placing a huge stopper into the tunnel down to the city.

Also if we are going to go under ground, we should definitely see about getting equipment for our troops that works in that environment; breaching charges, shotguns, flamethrowers, trip-mines and other close range weapons.

I love it. Establish an outpost base somewhere ELSE and use it as our entry. Bonus points if it's near someone who might cause us trouble later.

Finally, a goal to work towards that seems (for the moment) much more attainable than conquering the tower that so many fuckers that are so powerful are constantly trying to conquer.

It seems attainable because we are forgetting this is a god damn mega-city, even assuming that it is mostly gone it is still huge.

Rolled 60 (1d100)

He was actually a heroic option in thread 1. Nobody picked him.

Anons are very biased when it comes to choosing certain heroes during creation. Believing some are clearly superior to others despite them being on the same level.

They are ordinary sized power armors equivalent unless they are heavy or light rig.

AI trade it will eventually rebound.

That is an option.

JAL made his forces burrow and/or disguised themselves as monster nests/dens.

It was on purpose as JAL knew Rizal would be evolving soon. He made sure nobody would know the locations but hiding/disguising it all the best he can. So there is no chance anybody will be able to figure out where Rizal is so easily.

Technically no.

Even Axum's forces are technically registered as 'bodyguards'. Those forces are merely what the heroes will most often use as their default option.

Its a basically a research/manufacturing/equip specialized action. To create a super however you'll need to use SUPER mutations. Like what the SUPER mutants possess.

Exactly.

Same logic basically.

Rolled 25 (1d100)

We have literally never regretted choosing the CEO as a Megacorp and often chosen someone else then though "Damn we wish we had someone who knew how to sell all this shit."

Do we have to spend a turn to equip the AIs?

Rolled 83 (1d100)

Your a bandit so no.

Plus I balance out my heroes. They follow the same 'upgrade' path just with a different focus and possible specialty.

That is actually why its easier to upgrade a hero outside their focus because in their focus they are 'heroic grade' making it a bitch to further upgrade. Problem is if you keep doing that you end up with a jack of all trades but master of none hero.

>That is actually why its easier to upgrade a hero outside their focus because in their focus they are 'heroic grade' making it a bitch to further upgrade
That's good
>Problem is if you keep doing that you end up with a jack of all trades but master of none hero.
THat's not

Do heroes eventually get their main skill rusty if we overload them with too many other skills?

Rolled 50 (1d100)

There is a reason why hybrid heroes are so fucking rare. Its because its a nightmare to maintain and upgrade multiple specialties into the heroic realm without accidentally messing one of them up.

Yes it can get rather rusty. Everybody gets rusty if you don't keep doing it.

Well, good thing we keep using our CEO

A forces including heroes will auto maintain their specialties unless ordered to focus on something else. OR if they are a jack of all trades in which case they can still screw up because they have too much to focus on.

"So Ginny, Security Director, Axum how viable is the magnetic bouncing betty idea? Got anything better for defending vast swathes of empty territory?"

Consensus bump

Rolled 62 (1d100)

"The resulting carnage would still draw attention and monsters aren't as stupid as the zombies. They'll catch on."

"Controlling empty turf doesn't happen. There is just too much fucked up shit floating around for it to ever be empty for very long. You would have to purge the turf regularly."

"Indeed, hence your bunker idea.

Although, Rizal tells us that her mother's race. . .or rather, the race her brood was a /part of/ once, tried a plan.

The unnamed race, as Umbra seems to not like them, called it "Operation Market Garden" where they had their lands patrolled by both Brood and natural Spiderborg nests as well as ghoulish and mutant allies.

Supoosedly they tried to create a border of safe land that could be farmed and lived on. Purged once and then patrolled with a border.

Is that a fools plan, or is a bordered land possible?"

bump. Thanks for stopping by genie,

Hope you're either updating or resting well

Rolled 79 (1d100)

Well if your answering questions later on. I want to ask all the heroes if they have a unit they want trained for them and/or just to help the civ in what we are lacking.

----

After this action if the stats rebound well. We can probably start working on the director's and warlord's actions for growth. Act 1 for supporting the warlord and the act 2 for the director. Thinking then trade being for the necromancer. If not done keeping MAD on the brood infestor. Other wise thinking let them try super mutation research.

Then after that turn upgrading the defenses to the tower with Ginny. Since it was said the town was hella stronger. Plus the director said AI and defense upgrades were needed make it safer.

Rolled 58 (1d100)

Both Jazri and Dr. Clicky both have their own elite brood strained company. The King is lacking this but this is more due to his character and finding brood units that qualify. Technically Jazri isn't a real fan of brood company units as most broodmothers are except for the few they make an exception for.

Most brood heroes are rather unlike the brood kings and broodmothers. They keep elite brood company with themselves even going so far as to persuade broodmothers to 'improve' strains for their own express usage and brood bad ass units are generally dispatched elsewhere unless its important.

You KNOW something is important for the brood when you find the bad asses. The brood only use bad asses to help protect their more important facilities and heroes thereby keeping them held back. While only sending them out to help in particularly important objectives.

This isn't actually true for heroic brood units. Brood doesn't bother holding back heroic units unlike most other factions because unlike other factions they can easily replace brood heroes.

As it turns out brood heroes are EXTREMELY hard to keep dead. Supposedly they figured out this upgrade from the brood kings. Alas unlike for the brood kings it isn't as quick or easy. Still it means eventually brood WILL resurrect their heroes.

yeah they are overpowered but there IS a reason why humanity got their asses kicked so hard.

With what they had planned it would fail. Saw that a LOT," begins Axum. "The thing is lets say you DO manage to wipe everything out in an area and build a wall around it while patrolling everything...your still forgetting 3 very important facts."

"1 there is ALWAYS a way in."

"2 The air."

"3 underground."

"Technically at BEST you can make a bubble and take care of 2 as well as 3 alas there is always going to be problem number 1..."

"Trust me on this I broke a few of those so called enclaves myself and saw even more torn apart."

Rolled 32 (1d100)

To bad infighting can happen. Otherwise I would say spawn more brood kings and just spam them.

Hm maybe we can make brood princes. Like a weaker king that can evolve if a new king body is needed. They can them follow Korsha around and deal more damage.

bamp

BUMP FROM THE DEAD

bamp

Okay, so seemingly establishing an enclave is going to be very labour intensive for little rewards unless we do it right.

I would suggest we just work on expanding to more bases, freeing up more space for our people and allowing us to create "green zones" in them. Parks and other such things. Eventually we will control a large enough area to establish multiple walls between our compound and the outside world. This will greatly reduce the risk of a breach, add in automated defences and advanced sensors to detect the presence of anything and we have a "secure" compound.

We may actually just admit the impossibility of fully securing even moderate amounts of outside land and just build more bases entitely. Parks farms and living places will necessarily have to be within select bases.

True but that is what I am saying, in the scope of our game it is unlikely we would ever create such a enclave but we shouldn't exclude creating more bases and green-spaces.

Personally I want to reach 10,000 K population just to see how ridiculously strong we can be both in war, production and in trade.

M8 we are already rediculously strong (of course, not strong enough and certainly not the biggest shark in these waters).

I too would like to see what 10,000 K might look like

But as a veteran of these games, I still look at our 300k pop mind boggled at how we literally lose the entire worth of entire civs (that's multiple civs put together) on any one of our training sessions or battles and don't even bat an eye

I know but the fact is we can just build larger and larger until all the threats of this world are insignificant or can be drowned in bodies.

If we have the entire world under our watch, we could begin trying to take back the near by space.

I think you guys are really under estimating the forces against us in the world and over estimating our power. Eventually some of the bigger players will see/find us and they will not appreciate an upstart such as ourselves.

The only thing close to a future I can think of is multiple bases surrounding the Orbital lift and the area around it. Then we begin the next stage. We climb the god damn tower leaving nowhere for those within it to run, we purge the whole damn lot. Failing that we litrally build some Spider APCs and climb the outside all the way to the top and see what we find.

were we to create such a crawler it would NEED the following

1) Small reactor it's gonna need lots of power
2) Shields and very high level cloaking ability to climb undetected
3) High level hacking capacity, we're gonna have to deal with security measures thats for sure.
4) A way down, be it just letting go and re-entering the world via thrusters and parashoots or something else.

At the very least lets spend an action to scout as high up the tower exterior as we can.

We then align ourselves to those larger powers. Plus, power can be hidden and this is something corps are familiar with.

As to scouting the tower, I don't agree with your methods. The simple fact is we don't need to know what the outside looks like, what we need to know is how the inside is layout, where the entrances are, any toxins or threats present and then we can begin operations.

For that reason I can suggest two approaches;

1) We barter with the other groups for their maps of the tower and any information they can provide, perhaps even allying with one or two considering multiple people can use the same tower, this thing was meant to supply far more than us.

2) We send craft up the sides of the tower and have them burrow in every few floors, release some expendable drones with sensors + weapons on them, and continue on their way.

To be fair we (somewhat) have Umbra over us.

Well, in association with us.

They are the quintessential definition of Superpower of the World

I think we can scout and deal with the tower later.

Right now we grow our control here and seed bases in new areas for back ups. Otherwise we are a corp supporting Rizal and our goal given to us by her sister Jenny. Which that test for Rizal was to control the area, iIrc.

After that we can explore the city underground. That will test our abilities and give us a taste of what that tower likely has in it. Upside to underground is brood tunnel systems and we have some heroes who are good at it. Like Roy with Bonus Solo specialty Deep.

Rolled 1 (1d100)

That is true but that is due to Jenny's existence. She was able to forcefully unify most of the surviving Umbra remnants. Thereby forming an Old World Shadow.

Pretty much any of the shadows or Rejects can be considered a super power. Technically right now you guys are considered roughly a mid range power. Your no longer a small player but neither are you considered a big one.

Rizal will soon start taking action. Basically she will make 'requests'. You can choose to ignore it but be aware that some people wont be happy about that...

Umbra after all has invested QUITE the sum into this endeavor.

Infighting is indeed a problem which is made worse by Brood's obsession with unity but diversity. Brood hierarchy is a clusterfuck and only reason it works is due to their excellent communication ability.

Brood Princes are an unusual brood strain evolved for the purpose of producing more brood kings. Problem is its not that easy.

Rolled 73 (1d100)

Hmm. Sounds like we'd better fucking expand so we can have enough actions to satisfy her and still keep doing our own shit.

So do the Security Director and Axum think the mine idea is something worth developing or not? You can still use it as a cheap ambush against advancing enemies even if it doesn't really hold ground for you.

>Any of the shadows or Rejects can be considered a super power

Hmm, this makes me wonder if new worlders are underpowered or if there's just not any out there.

Its like this

>Old World Shadow
Made up of at least 1 remnant of each.

>New World Shadow
Made up of one each of the non remnant or bad rep factions.

>'Rejects of the World' or Shadow of the Underworld

Made up of one each of the bad rep factions.

They all exist in setting and can all be considered super powers. The ONLY thing more powerful for playable factions is the dreaded Renewed Old World and Risen New World faction requiring one of EVERY playable faction to be absorbed. They are the only ones on the same level as the Old World factions of old. They are however extremely rare. Even the super power unified factions are very rare.

Not a half bad booby trap.

bump

Waiting on updates from Genie

What about an Old World Shadow that is also bandit?

At long last, we now have corp and paramilitary. We're hoping for better relations with the Tek Bandits, but would we more likely to wrangle them into a merger, or get some other Think Tank to join us?

If we can do that, we'd still need to find a government remnant...

Genie, if by a miracle it happened, which faction would arguably be the most dangeorus to the planet if they ever united?

If all the Zombies came together under a hive mind?

If all humans rose up as one single entity?

If the Brood was unified on the planet by a single Broodmother?

If the Monsters got smart and formed a global power?

Rolled 48 (1d100)

What's Ginny think of this?

2-Stage Plasma Penetrator round.

"Lovetapper+"

First we have a standard brass penetrator head, an exceptionally hard metal with ages of use in various anti-armor round designs. It has the upside of being fairly conductive but nonferrous, foiling magnetic defenses against the round but allowing a moderate electrical effect upon firing from the solenoid cocking.

Next we have a stubby conical mess of compressed, coiled copper micro-wires/springs. These are deliberately coiled together in a tangled mess, and are all anchored to a spongy insulating material between them and the Graphene Capacitor behind them.

Rolled 76 (1d100)

Upon the brass penetrator hitting a target it cannot penetrate the round compresses the coils and anchor material together before the Supercapacitor contacts them and triggers to pump enough juice into the motherfuckers to vaporize them into electrical plasma. The resulting bloom with blow the penetrator cap into shrapnel and destabilize the toroidal containment of the plasma charge, sucking it into a plume that will functional in most respects like a shaped charge penetrator.

When the penetrator strikes a soft target that it CAN penetrate much the same happens, except a slower deceleration merely causes the wires to compress and then explode from the sides of the round with violent lacerating force (hopefully into the meatstuff of the enemy, but if it's just on their skin that works too). In this instance the solenoid serves to trigger the capacitor and connect it to the coils through their spongy anchoring material. A more widespread electrical plasma plume is produced in this instance and is likely to happen while embedded inside the enemy. The magnetic effects of this plume have a less focused effect on the plasma payload, destabilizing the toroid in a widespread fashion and causing a horrifying area blast.

The solenoid serves to re-charge any weakened capacitors on firing, or provide an electrical damage effect to the round before any stages have gone at all. It also crucially stabilizes the Toroid that helps contain the hot plasma payload, and serves other purposes explained above.

The entire round is launched by a standard chemical propellant and I actually ran the math on this once (without the hot plasma payload, of course) you can fit it all into a package about the size of a 40mm grenade. You just need something with an energy density a little bit better than what we can currently achieve with supercapacitors.

Sounds cool user.

I wonder how this compares to our regular plasma shells

Hopefully it gets bonus points for fluff/technical explanation.

Also it's probably hella more overkill than our regular plasma rounds.

Rolled 86 (1d100)

Genie has said he handwaved battery tech to make everything else make sense. This shouldn't be a thing at all.
I'll bet our samfaps can make this already if we create the schematic.

The niftiest bit is that it only gets funner and easier the further you scale it up.

Which reminds me, do we need to spend a few turns building the mega-artillery pieces the Tek Bandits researched for us?

bamping

We should actually build a test model and see how well it does

Rolled 20 (1d100)

You're both wrong, we need to upgrade the massive amounts of artillery we already have. With the silencing tech we'll be able to use it without immediately fucking ourselves, not to mention how much more effective it'll be with all the other upgrades.

If we have it, it gets auto equipped.