/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

Uncomfortable homosexual advances edition.

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
No waifus or husbandos except for Lord Bridwell
Keep the MK/Lady N related squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Kalpa

Other urls found in this thread:

uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Wulf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Vivec did nothing wrong.

Second for beastfolk and bosmer do not deserve to rule themselves.

Third for Bretons

Fourth for Reman best Emperor.

xth for Vivec did a few things wrong.

For the last time, it wasn't foul murder. He bribed and taunted Nerevar into attacking him. It's legally bulletproof.

Updated Scrollhammer.

9th for the Tavan Ra Gada.

Why are elves so thin?
Is it their metabolism? Does it have to do with their lifespan? Is there a connection between their lifespan and metabolism?
Are there fat elves?

I think I recall an ashlander who became a city-elf mentioning he was getting fatter.

Probably because the elf appearance with cheekbones and sharp chins and angular faces directly clash with the "fat" archetype of plump cheeks and doublechins and what not. I can imagine skinnyfat elves though.

>Redguards are literal /pol/acks now
Hahaha.

>Turrbin + indian plate armour + hussar wings + turkic hat + pointed shoes

>Chooses to complain solely about the wings
I, for one, hate all of it.

why the fuck are you telling me this?
Nothing that you said has anything to do with my question.
If we consider sermons to be true, Vivec didn't have the power of the Heart at that time, yet somehow he stopped that meteor. If it wasn't CHIM then what?

sides of mine

I find fat people tusking disgusting.
But an idea of dunmer with a chubby tummy makes my muatra ebony hard. Oh Vivec, what should I do!?

>Are there fat elves?
A Dance in Fire. Last 2 books.

>Why are elves so thin?

Immanence dysphoria. Elves are only grudgingly physical.

Probably stop masturbating for a while. That's what I do when I find a fetish that makes me too uncomfortable with myself.

Since Skywind if probably going to be bad, what about Skyblivion?

Oblivion isn't as revered as Morrowind, so will anyone care if it's changed as much?

>Are there fat elves?
Bosmer.
Ash doesn't have enough carbs for a Dunmer to get fat, and Altmer probably just summon food to feel full.

Updated graphics can't make that setting not be a bland piece of nothing

People at this point don't care it's being changed, it's that it's not ever going to be fucking released.
The problem with changing things is that they put those changes ahead of just making the mod fucking playable.
Instead of just making morrowind in skyrim, they're making their special snowflake shit while the mod itself takes a backburner.

I want it so I can play on a fucking stable engine. Oblivion crashes every two minutes. I have the original disk from 2006 around somewhere

>Oblivion isn't as revered as Morrowind

It totally is though. It shouldn't be, but it is.

At this point the nostalgia train has swung around enough that Oblivion is the widely-praised game.

>other races
you should treat your equals more fairly

t. nord buttmad that superior mer wouldn't even deign to enslave them.

>uncomfortable
Speak for yourself.

I sure hope so, though I dislike how over the top evil she is, especially since her domain doesn't seem all that evil, its just dreams, I can understand a prince of destruction or domination being a cunt, but why her?

IT'S THE ELDERRRRR CYCLLLLLLLLLLLE

>we will never get horse-sized chaurus monsters with falmer on top of them in skyrim
why even live?

just wait until the new TES game is released some 3-4 years from now and people on /v/ come out of the closet about liking skyrim

You would need mounted combat to not suck and caverns to not be linear tunnels.

>caverns to not be linear tunnels.
blackreach is totally big enough to stick at least 1-2 in it, forgotten vale could have one too, they don't need to be common, running into one could be a legit holy shit what the fuck moment

hell ditch the rider if you must, just give me a giant, poison spewing monstrosity to fight

Redguards and Bretons are natural enemies. Like Bretons and Nords! Or Bretons and Orcs! Or Bretons and Reachmen! Or Bretons and Imperials! Or Bretons and other Bretons! Damn Bretons! They ruined High Rock!

I bet most mer are just skinnyfat. When everybody's in clothes you can't see the difference between skinnyfat and ottermode in real life either.

eww

We've been in western Morrowind dozens of times by now. Not one time have you managed to get through Dunmeth pass.

Giant chauruses are pretty big already.

Frostflow Lighthouse has giant chaurus at the end that's bigger than other giant chauruses.

>pretty big already.
for you maybe, but dovahkin is a big guy and needs a truly colossal chaurus to fight
>Frostflow Lighthouse
that was a nice little quest

>people last thread were calling shouts weak
Has nobody else used unrelenting force and fall damage to instakill giants, bandit chiefs or draugr deathlords?

>draugr deathlords
thank dog for spellbreaker, those guys and there constant fus ro dahing and disarming got really, incredibly annoying if you ran into them without it

>pick atronach stone
>use breton's dragonhide for 100% spell absorption
>immune to dragon shouts
thanks skyrim

The 'mannimarco' in Oblivion was just some guy claiming to be Mannimarco right? Maybe even attempting to mantle him.

Is that really shouts being strong, or instead gravity (Yffre) being strong?

>can't attack while jumping
God Skyrim is a shit game. They bought out Arkane and they still can't come close to Dark Messiah.

IIRC I gave a little fus puff that would stop them charging up their shout and then I bashed them repeatedly.

Since the Warp in the West there are three Mannimarcos running around. Mannimarco the man, Mannimarco the lich, and Mannimarco the god. The Mannimarco in Oblivion was probably just Mannimarco the man.

I'm fairly sure that that's a bug, not a feature.

Reminder that Valenwood is Cyrod clay

Just found something interesting, a subsection of the Sightless Pit dungeon in Skyrim is called 'Temple of Xrib'. Could that be one of the Dwemer gods?

>Temple of Xrib
I always assumed it was a falmer god of some sorts

I'm pretty sure Bethesda understood the implications of a power that causes things to go flying in a environment full of cliffs.

uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Wulf

Tiber seems like such a nice guy, judging by his dialogue.

Something interesting is that the Falmer boss at the end has a skeever and spider companion that will be revived if you kill them. Not raised, not a bug, but an intentional thing. In a flash of red they're revived and fight you again till you kill the boss.

Xrib could be an animal god of some kind? Alternative name of Ius?

How do gods work in the TES setting? I mean, the gods are there, and they are actual. Does every race worship a version of the same Daedra+Aedra? If so, how does stuff like Xrib make sense? If it was Hircine, wouldn't Hircine be particular with calling himself just that?

>Xrib could be an animal god of some kind?
maybe, there is almost nothing on him, so hard to judge, maybe he is somehow related to the chaurus? could explain how the falmer managed to "domesticate" such creatures

Daedra aren't like the other gods, because they really aren't affected by mortal worship. This is why they tend to be cunts, or at least inscrutable.
Daedra don't seem to go by many different interpretations, except as a relict of old Elder Scrolls Lore- for instance Hermaus Mora has like 3 different names to the Nords alone.
But my interpretation is that generally, a daedric prince is the same and might as well use their own name. Hermaus Mora may be an exception because he's about forbidden knowledge, so I suspect Hermaus Mora isn't his actual name, just the most commonly known one.

Aedra are the usual "gods" in setting (to our conception they are perhaps less divine, because they are subject to the worship or mortals and the existence of the world)

The Aedra generally have unique cultural interpretations and the nature of Nirn is that thinking/believing/acting influences reality. So these interpretations are sort of forks of the 'original' god idea.
So the Aedra are a venn-diagrams gods and each of the interpretations is as real as the others (but not as powerful/well known)

I rank myself 6 on a scale of trustworthiness in TES Lore, 1 being 'least trustworthy' and the scale ending at 6, 'probably most trustworthy'

Don't daedric princes get part of their power from worship?

So do you like big milk fingers?

except he took the mantling of accomplishments of ysmir and zurin and likely killed his best friend

Still, I'd have a beer with him.

What do the Altmer think of the tribunal?

If there were some way to make other Mer alt/aldmer, would the altmer endorse the idea?

As heresy.

As in entirely pure ald/tmer, mind body and spirit? Yes, though I could see one or two crotchety old men still not liking it.

>As heresy.
At least they're not biased against men in particular then.
>As in entirely pure ald/tmer, mind body and spirit?
Was thinking of some fanfiction where some mcguffin is found that reverts any creature back through evolution, so orcs, dunmer, bretons(?) and even khajiit all become altmer again after the process.

Bretons just revert to Direnni sperm.

Bretons are hybrids, many generations of cross-breeding for it too, so a hypothetical "devolution artifact" wouldn't do much of anything for them. You'd get an aldmer and a nede if anything.

There are some who say Bretons were a eugenics program to make elf-shaped humans. Most also agree that Bretons are pretty much elf-shaped humans.

Khajiit have already been a eugenics attempt, when the Altmer made the moons disappear to see if that would change them, and brought it back to seem like the heroes of the Khajiit. it didn't actually work, just resulted in stillborns, but it shows that Altmer have tried similar things.

I don't thing devolving a Breton would result in two people, otherwise devolving somebody would simply be cloning somebody's mom, dad, grandfather and mother, great grandfather and mother, etc.

I know it wouldn't, I merely brought up the two people thing to illustrate how a devolution artifact wouldn't work on them. You don't have a "base form" on a 50/50 hybrid.

>they really aren't affected by mortal worship
Mythopoeia affects everything.

>Daedra don't seem to go by many different interpretations
There are very important distinctions though.
The Khajiit believe that Azurah is not the same as Azura, and this probably true for many others Khajiiti gods as well.
Alkosh is associated with both Auri-El and Akatosh, yet he isn't really fully like either of them.

If Azura wanted the cats to stop thinking Azurah =/= Azura, she has the means to make that clear. She just doesn't. So at least some Daedra are fine with being worshipped in different guises. If Mephala is the Night Mother, the same is true for her.

I'm disappointed in Skyrim's falmer. Not only are they a triple retcon (dwemer existing in skyrim, falmer not being driven off the mainland, falmer disappearing since before the dwemer got poofed) they take a possibly interesting culture and turn it into a one note monster who's niche is already filled by the reikling. I wonder if it was done solely because beth didn't want to expend effort on another playable race.

Well I'm disappointed in you for having such a shit opinion.

ok

Of course he didn't achieve CHIM. Does Vivec seem like a Buddha to you?

Should Bretons not be leaner than the other human Ethics?

I disagree pretty much entirely with you desu, especially since there is actually quite a bit of stuff on them in dawnguard expansion

>thieves guild
>wear flashy and unmistakable uniform

Someone should tell BethSoft what the words "thief", "crime" and "inconspicuous" mean.

It looks like you skipped the centaur article?

He achieved CHIM, possibly during his trial, possibly sometime before.

>getting raped by harpies
wew

It was added in the thieves guild DLC its not thieves guild armor.

Its ancient Ra Gada armor, its mostly worn by undead Djinn things

Yeah, I was just posting thing I'd already taken pictures of.

What did you expect of Daggerfall?

Threadly reminder that Valenwood & Elsweyr is rightful Cyrodiilic clay.

Here's some flora lore, and where to find alchemist ingredients, for all you flowerpickers out there.
>no ironwood in skyrim

>png
Sorry about that.

Well, they are still Men, and the Nedic blood does outweigh the Aldmeri blood.

They should be leaner like in Morrowind and Skyrim, and more Elven in appearance like in Morrowind and Skyrim.

Also, Redguards should be made of lean muscle, and Imperials shouldn't be that physically imposing, with obvious exception to trained Colovian legionaries.

the argonian account paints such a gross picture of black marsh, just why exactly did the empire "conquer" it anyway? doesn't seem like there is much to get out of it, especially considering that the empire only seemingly has a few villages there

talos should have chimed the swamp and not the jungle

Don't worry user, Beth will retcon Argonia into something much more tolerable eventually.

>He doesn't gather flowers.
I like hunting and testosterone and all, but there is a simple pleasure to picking your own blackberries and pecans for pie and cobbler.

Morrowind even says that one of the best parts about being a wizard is going for a hike and gathering ingredients. I can only imagine how nice it would be to walk a peaceful trail, sojourn under a Emperor Parasol, and gather reagents for a magical potion.

I hope not, even though I really hate argonians. It makes sense that they're the only ones that can live a more or less comfortable life there.

That said, I do hope Cyrodiil and Morrrowind gets around to diking the swamp out and bringing some fucking outposts of civillization.

>even though I really hate argonians
Why's that? Genuine question.

There are two types of argonians.
Useless histslaves that are a waste of space, or god histwarriors zergrushing daedra back to oblivion.
There is no middle ground.

>Be Bosmeri NEET.
>Never fit in with the other kids.
>Always was especially ugly and couldn't even shoot to make up for it.
>Sneak out one night, pick an Adonis Flower and some Arrowroot.
>Next day struttin' around the village wearing my new flower, going to ask out Ealenwin.
>Approach her, solid 9/10.
>Ask her to come shoot with me, she asks about the flower.
>Town guards storm in, demand to know how I got the flower.
>"I-I swear it was already dead"
>They don't buy it.
>Search me and find the Arrowroot tubers.
>The whole time Ealenwin is laughing at me.
>The guards find me guilty of breaking The Green Pact, and my fate has been decided.
>As I'm being dragged away, see Ealenwin sucking a Guard's dick behind my tent.
>Scream and cry as they drag me to the Butcher's tent.
>Such is life as a Bosmer.

>1) Beasts
>2) Savages
>3) Enemies of the Dunmer
>4) Resistant to colonization
>5) Illegal immigrants

How do you pronounce Dreugh?