OC Thread: QT 3.14 Edition

Welcome to the Veeky Forums OC thread.
Previous Thread: Tell us about your characters, new and old. Let's hear some stories of valor and glory and build some legends in here. This a great place to get new NPCs to make your world feel alive.

>THIS THREAD IS FOR SHOWING OFF YOUR FAVORITES FROM YOUR GAMES AND CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.
It's like the Storythread, but centered on characters that we all know and help make. Your Original Character can be any character you've played, are playing, or want to play!

>WHEN POSTING YOUR OC
Give us a little blurb about your character, tell us about them. Or if you want to make a new one with us, just tell us a basic concept.

>WHAT'S YOUR OCs MARY SUE SCORE?
springhole.net/writing/marysue.htm

Write and share stories about each others' characters. Draw and share pictures of each others' characters.

Ask questions about other anons characters and get to know their stories, and tell us all about your own.

Need help developing a new character concept? Ask away! Answering the periodically posted Development Questions can often help, so look for those.

This thread is intended to be all in good spirit, so please remember to be excellent to each other, and try to contribute in some way.

>IF YOU JUST NEED CHARACTER ART, GO TO THE DRAW THREAD
There are more artists consistently there that are actively looking for requests to fill, that's not the case here. Artists are still free to contribute, however.

>DON'T MAKE A NEW THREAD UNTIL PAGE 10
Use new art from these threads as OP image when possible.

GoogleDoc of the characters so far (still in progress, so don't be alarmed if you don't see yours) drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_dUy0Yo4cigbTB1Q1g5bTRvcTQ&usp=sharing

Development Question: Which other OC would make for the most comedic bodyswap episode with your character?

>tfw you already posted the most interesting body switch

But would it be funny? I don't feel it especially would. It would be lewd though.

that's what i'm getting at

but they aren't my characters

Sir Aaron Annesly is a noble of in Water Deep. He is infamous for constantly spending time with those below his class, despite his upbringing. His family is known for their pride in their bloodline, and their distaste for watering it down with nonhumans, most so with half breeds. Aaron has shown little to no care for this, however. He spends far more time amongst the merchants, learning their trade, and has the ear of the city guards. He is rarely seen without his squire, Patsy. Patsy is a bumbling idiot, but Aaron bears with him since the young fool was recommended by Lea, a young half elf noble with whom Aaron spends FAR too much time. To add more to his family's shame, he has been spotted with an elf of ill repute named Soren, and Mentis, a gnome wizard known to be... Off. Aaron is a skilled fighter, taught fencing from a young age, and has also focused on bolstering his allies, and battle field tactics. His enemies are the cult of Tiamat, at the moment. They had been smuggling dangerous creatures and items into the city. His investigation into the smuggling, with the help of a certain criminal, unearthed a far more malevolent plot. He has bright red hair, and a fondness for green clothing.

Ulfric Morningstar, favored of Kord, wrestler of fire giants, and a man who cleaved his way into the material from the fae realm. A man among men, Ulfric is known for never lowering his voice, and never taking a job, unless the employer can prove his strength of character. Usually by wrestling, or a good old fashioned brawl. He has no known family, and just showed up in town one day, and challenged the mayor to a wrestling competition. When he refused, Ulfric asked how he felt about log tossing instead. A cleric of the highest order, Ulfric has been appointed with a task most Holy indeed; to find the city of gold. His allies seek treasure, fame wealth. But Ulfric? His goals are far more noble. You see, Kord is the God of competition. And what better way to show your devotion than to find a glorious city that has never been found, and to climb to the top of its highest pyramid before any other? Ulfric can think of no greater task. That is his Holy purpose, and to do so, he travels with a unique group of misfits. A draconic human sorcerer almost as Mighty as he, a druid most lethargic, an avaricious toad man who takes crap from no one, and a Raptoran who Ulfric knows did something wrong. But, of course, others seek this treasured land of fable, so Ulfric must beat them in the only way he knows how. Dramatically.

Forever DM means I can't contribute, and because at least one of my players is active in here so I can't even post about my totally awesome npcs without potentially spoiling things for him.

I am sad.

What is the purpose of these threads? They have nothing to do with roleplaying or games.

You can always help people build new characters, that comes around every now and then?

>Which ones?
>I bet it involves Naeva, she's a naughty one

Sure they do, it's for people to discuss current or previous characters, build new ones, or flesh out backstories.

But I know you're just baiting.

Think he's talking about the two that are actually in the OP user.

It's about the characters from games? How is that not Veeky Forums related?

Also, he talks like a cross between Hulk Hogan, and Macho Man.

Is there an archive of characters from these threads? I miss some of the ones from the first few threads.

>Development Question: Which other OC would make for the most comedic bodyswap episode with your character?

Charlotte with Naeva. I like to think that as soon as the swap happens, Naeve (in Charlotte's body) realizes she has no mask on and takes it off of Charlotte (in Naeva's body) and puts it on, only to then realize she is only exposing her own true face. It continues this way for a while. They'd be a fun duo to have adventures, I think.

While ultimately cute, is right.

Don't bother.

One of the users in the private chat has it, but it hasn't been updated in a long time, and another user has a dropbox with all of the drawthread deliveries and filled commissions, let me see if either of them is online.

Yeah, Cal, Mara, and Valla are all missed.

>a moment of silence, for those who left us too soon

We cast their character sheets to the void, in hopes that they find both peace and games. Praise be unto the Emperor.

Back

>
I'm not very good at cars, but I did what I could.

>Charlotte with Naeva. I like to think that as soon as the swap happens, Naeve (in Charlotte's body) realizes she has no mask on and takes it off of Charlotte (in Naeva's body) and puts it on, only to then realize she is only exposing her own true face. It continues this way for a while.

Endless recursive loop until they get swapped back.

Who was the paladin turned barbarian? It was a she I remember but not her name.

Do you have a description?

No, I can't even remember which thread she was in. It was within the first five I think.

Literally anyone, given they would take the experience as a chance to be as suggestive as possible to the inevitable confusion of all involved.
>"Would you do me? I'd do me."
>any response from "Wait, do you mean you or me?" to "Don't be so full of yourself... myself... umm..." to "Is that an offer?~"
Well that sucks user, I love hearing about a good NPC.

To further that, any female OC with Amhar or the arabian knights styled womanizer.

The only early-on female barbarian I can think of is Frankie

>someone mentions a Charlotte -- Julia bodyswap
>I am now permanently distracted for the day

Development Question:

From an ally's perspective, what's the worst part about traveling with your OC? The best part?

I think with my current party. The fact that he is very stubborn and very distrusting of magic, especially necromancy.

Zaniel's Mobius ( →) obsession to do things by the Law. Most of his party is chaotic in some fashion or another.

Who is he?

Stop answering questions without naming which character you're answering forrrrrr

Hey, why'd you remove my signature from the pic I gave you?

Oh shit son if you did that's a major fucking no-no.

A fighter who's name is a pun of sorts on his man weapon of choice.

>worst part
Dorn is a rather stubborn man, and has few outside-of-combat skills.

>best part
Dorn is rather useful once combat actually starts, or at least as useful as someone incapable of doing magic can be.

qt/10

>qt/10

Thank you! I used to post her a lot more early on but she's recently become NPC status in Charlotte's campaign lemon did a fantastic job on her art, as did bigmsaxon in her vs match against Isara.

For Cata, the worst part would probably be how careful you have to be around her until she warms up to you and stops being so easy to offend. And she'll always spend a lot of time haggling or working out agreements in writing. The best part would probably be that she's determined - you set her on a job, she'll do it if at all possible - and you probably wouldn't have to carry as much stuff since she'd insist on carrying her share/more than her share.

For Llyena, she'd take any magical item or artifact she can feasibly use for herself, even if it means she's carrying five wands that even the fighter could make use of. She's also a grumpy gus and would never warm up to anyone, with a bit of a dark sense of humor. However, she'd be damn good at identifying and using magical items, and probably wouldn't care to much about her share of other treasure as long as she got magic gizmos.

I didn't, whoever colored it did.

A bodyswitch already happened with my character (aryn from earlier threads, was the one who stumbled into That One Trap from Shattered Star), so I imagine that ANY other OC would end with an "oh jeez not again" kind of reaction.

>From an ally's perspective, what's the worst part about traveling with your OC? The best part?
Gromar:
Pros: Locked doors are never an issue, ever.
Cons: Tendency to eat the limbs of sentient creatures.

I figured, no offense taken, seems like a dick move on his part.

>, was the one who stumbled into That One Trap from Shattered Star

What is this?

In one part of the Pathfinder Adventure Path, Shattered Star, the party enters a dungeon belonging to the Runelord of Lust, Sorshen, who's canonically a stupidly sexy wizard lady. There's a set-piece at the very beginning of the tomb proper where, if you disturb a sarcophagus, you get exposed to an insanely high DC trap that kills you and transplants your soul into her space clone. It actually allowed us to take the diplomacy approach with the inhabitants of the dungeon and made the entire run rather funny.

>Name
Luvos Nichto
>Role
Planar Explorer, Diabolic Conjurer, BBEG
>Goals
Luvos is in the process of writing a series of encyclopedias of planar knowledge. He is experimenting with means of achieving immortality and slowly perfecting his revenge against his wizard peers.
>Traits
Luvos has little respect for conventions. He enjoys the fleeting nature of comprehension and more enjoys the hunt for knowledge itself. He has demonstrated a frightening degree of patience and a somewhat obsessive personality. He is easily flustered. Luvos is attracted to forbidden knowledge and other things an authority figure says are dangerous this is derived from a desire to overcompensate and impress others by taming such dangerous things. Growing up as a half-drow raised by humans has given him an affinity for the taboo and makes him feel like a kindred spirit to most things labelled as evil and secretive.
>Flaws
Luvos' time spent exploring the planescape has left him reluctant to put any faith in the moral boundaries of any one plane. He has picked up the habit of introducing himself in fancier and fancier nonsensical titles. He believes he is the smartest person in any room but that everyone seems to know something he doesn't. Any attempts at appearing friendly are usually hindered by his creepy and overblown mannerisms, lack of social awareness, and the stench of brimstone clinging to his robes.
>Allies
Irya Sheen, his animated foot stool, and a clumsy broomstick.
>Physical Description
Luvos is a half-drow swathed in several layers of dark robes, he has dusky grey skin which shows on his face and finger tips. His drow heritage has gives him his yellow eyes and aversion to sunlight. His teeth and nails are pointy but harmless.

Been worldbuilding a lot for the game Luvos is the main villain of so he might get an update soon.

I do want to hear more about evil Luvos when possible, sounds like an absolute trip.

>qt3.14 edition

Aww yiss

I don't want to reveal too much about this incarnation because all the players are from these threads but I can post an info dump with all the world building I did yesterday.

Do it my man

Also /oc/ has game sessions??

Domus is your native plane, it is comprised of an innumerable amount of twisting valleys and craggy mountains. Nights are long and the rosy sun spends its scant hours edging along dark peeks and casting long shadows over this plane's many denizens. To outsiders it is called the Plane of Battle and Revelations, it's claim to fame being that it was once targeted by the armies of Brimstone for invasion in the previous era and the following intercession by the gods of Caelest Summa.

Since then many rulers have risen and fallen but unwavering faith in the gods has endured. Caelestian crusaders conquered most of the known world in the name of their gods, the church splintered four decades ago following a bitter dispute over which bloodlines were truly anointed by the gods. High King of the East, Gariden Dysurg has claimed the holy city of Apex, the only place Caelest Summa has ever touched on this plane, and declared a second great crusade, to purge all affronts to the gods and crush his still living rivals. Across the many shadows of Domus though there are many paltry rulers, zealous armies, embittered heroes, and hellish invaders either living in fear of the gods and or fighting tirelessly to please.

Undead dwell in Domus too, those who have been blessed or cursed with the fate of the ever living to never climb the peaks of Caelest Summa or trudge the fiery pits of Brimstone. Such abominations would be unheard of were it not for the actions of six humans during the first invasion of Domus. They were kings, chieftains, and mystics who betrayed the world of Domus in order to learn the art of magic from their demonic invaders. They are called the Six Betrayers by the Caelestian church and all schools of magic are derived from the secrets gifted to each of them, necromancy being one of the most foul. Their names are forbidden and while the utility of magic is appreciated by most it's dark origins make most spell casters somewhat feared.

Forgot to answer the thing about /oc/ games, not really but I organized a 5e game for all the undead OCs with Luvos as the BBEG.

>undead OCs
From here? Who are they?

Naming the specific plane leads me to think this is a multiverse game?

Dani and Rodrick will be in it along with a few others that I don't know if they ever got posted here I'll tell the group to drop off some introductions when they're online. It is a multiverse game, I'm using heaven and hell to refer to all the planes above and below Domus arranged by how closely aligned they are to Caelest Summa, the true heaven, and Brimstone, the true hell.

That sounds awesome are you guys going to post campaign updates in here once it kicks off?

Most definitely, should kick off next week so I've been doing a lot to get ready I think everyone is pretty excited.

It sounds fun, so I'll look forward to seeing what happens. Is there anyone else in /oc/ that has ongoing campaigns that they post in here? My games all sorta fizzled out so I like reading the other adventures people have.

I feel that I just DM for a couple of games right now and write stuff about Luvos, wish I could've gotten to play him longer.

A lot of the regular posters here are in on goings and update characters based off of sessions. I'm sure if one catches your eye they'd love to storytime some if you'd ask.

Any characters from your games you'd like to talk about, by the way? Gooble gobble, gooble gobble, etc.

One game never saw day one and the other was only 2 games long before ending due to the dm having to move away.

Wow. This does not sound like a real character.

>From an ally's perspective, what's the worst part about traveling with your OC? The best part?
For Arallios' case, I believe the worst is that he's both fairly nonsensical and gets into a lot of bullshit, yet always manages to get out anywhere between "alive" and "Yeah, got progress out of it!" and generally ignores ridicule on those grounds.
The best part is there's someone to catch food for you, diplomat at someone, and blame if diplomacy finally stops working.
Hi Red.

Nah it sounds like too many characters.

Then you play with more interesting characters than I do. I'm always stuck with goddamn murderhobos. This guy seems refreshingly fun.

He is definitely real, but his campaign is on hiatus, which does upset me. He actually did wrestle a fire giant. The place was falling apart, and this thing was 4-5 cr higher than us. The dm expected us to run, but Ulfric just charged at it. He took a few hits, but proceeded to wrestle against the thing until he pushed it off the cliff. The dm was upset, because he had intended for an Npc to come save the day.

wew lad

?

This is acceptable as well.

How did Aryn get out of being a titty clone?

Hey, I remember this. Someone recommended that the Lust Sword be involved.

>Lust Sword

Joshua Troy, Shadow Name is Ajax. He's a socialite, and a witch. A fatespinner. He's searching for answers as to what has drawn his compatriots and he together; why the threads of fate have had this pattern. He's overly protective, and that ties in with his pride. He's charismatic, and the closest his group has to a party face. He gets egocentric at times, and manipulates his friends, too. He blames it on the symbols he sees since Awakening, but he was always a bit manipulative. He also does not know when to shut up, which has gotten in trouble more than a few times. He's dedicated to protecting his friends, but he's also a terrible craven. His allies are his best friend Q, a sin-eater, Burke a werewolf FBI agent, the other residents of his condominium, and his bar's owner, Lucifer. His enemies are his father William, and a demon named Sin that has been playing chess with Josh and his friends as the pieces. He also has his younger sister, who he's raised, his mother who's gone missing, and his girlfriend Samantha.

Development Question
>What is the high point in your OC's career? When was s/he on top of the world?

>What is the high point in your OC's career? When was s/he on top of the world?
Killing a Runelord!
x7

I recycle a lot of my characters into games I run as typically forever gm, I know that feel.

Same here, oftentimes with the same name and backstory and everything, or sometimes aged up or down to fit the time setting.

Probably that time Arallios got to hug the local goddess after she let slip she enjoys a good hug every once in a while, and you don't pass up a completely benign opportunity to exploit a relinquished divine secret. Deities are people too and deserve a hug every once in a while, even if it has to come from someone that doesn't worship them. Especially from someone that doesn't worship them, less chance of them thinking that they're some untouchable being that shant be sullied by a mortal's touch.

Or if we're getting literal, he time he flew an experimental chimera around before bringing it back to the scientists that made it.

agreed

Did you GM actually let you fight all seven of them during the course of a campaign? I am currently in the middle of Rise of the Runelords (More like Runelord, right? False advertising strikes again) and am interested on the various gimmicks that each of them has.

Alright OC Thread, in order to give myself something to do with my free time, I've started a small personal project in writing. It's a short story version of Charlotte's campaign written in collaboration with the necromancer Marie's player, which will update as the sessions continue and be told from the view of both women as they quest to save their own loved ones together.

Feel free to take a look, and hopefully you enjoy it as much as I enjoy making it. Currently it is only about halfway through the first chapter, but I intend to get it finished later this evening and then move onto the next chapter which picks up at the start of the campaign.

Hurr durr I'm a dumb and forgot the link.

pastebin.com/zSphAZuY

Development Question:

Did you bother to write parents for your character, or when asked did you realize you hadn't considered it and handwaved your OC as an orphan?

Parents were a big part of Luvos character so I thought up what his surrogate dad was like right after I thought up what he was like.

Neat.

I did so for Cata, but mostly because I found a small bit of lore about half-elves also being the children of half-elves interesting (and a great way to avoid any sort of tortured background), and I wanted to give her a noble background and an interest in law. I didn't really give them much depth at all, and they didn't play too big a role in Cata's development aside from allowing her tomboyishness and providing her education and equipping.

For Llyena, not at all - making her an orphan actually wouldn't be a bad idea, since it might explain why she's so grumpy and went for magic instead of fitting in more with other halflings.

But for an old paladin of mine, I actually fluffed out his parents long before creating him - his mother had been wooed by an elf, a noble's son or some such who liked her quiet charm, but he suddenly disappeared, so she ended up marrying the blacksmith in a peaceful, but not quite happy marriage. Their child, my character, took a lot after his father but favored his mother, and even during his campaign he wrote letters to her. I later also added a child brought about from an illict affair with the blacksmith and an elven woman, who was sent away to live at a monastery. Somewhere along the line the child became known to the rest of the family, and my paladin was decent enough to try and get into contact with his half-sister - who promptly began idolizing her distant older brother figure.

That's better than a negative reaction, so thanks!

Not exactly. As mentioned previously, they're spaced out over many paths.
But IIRC (Which i probably don't) they're the biggest and last thing you fight in those paths (usually), so it isn't exactly going to get topped seeing as most campaigns end after the whole world-saving bit.

breddy gud, I'll look for updates

I like it so far. There's not much though.

Keth has parents, and he sees them whenever he's taking a break from adventure and saintly duties.

Thank you! And you're right there's nothing much yet, I started it just last night. I have tomorrow off though and hope to get some good time in on it.

Korr's father was very important to her before he suffered from fatal decapatation syndrome.

Taking a planet with nary more than a Raider and a very effective and clever boarding party. The situation was shortly reversed, but ultimately Korr was credited for taking a planet.

For Isara, the worst part would be her tendency to run and hide from social situations. The best would be her maternal instincts causing her to care for the rest of the party when they truly need it.

Rodrick would be a pleasure to travel with until he ran into a bird, in which he'd have a one-track mind set on killing that bird and nothing else. Other than that though I think the best part would be ability to make light of anything, even dark or somewhat grim situations.

When I was writing up Charlotte, it was important to me to make sure to include one or both of her parents in her life. Her father, Germaine du Beauchamp, is the current serving Baron of Avernmon, but I wound up giving little to no thought on her mother. I think I wrote her as having died of disease when Charlotte was 6 or 7 years old, I'd have to find my notes.

Her father is very worried, because he doesn't know why she ran away from home and doesn't know where to begin looking for her, so he has ordered a section of Throneguard to be tasked with her retrieval.

Development Question:

Do your character have any pet peeves or things that would set them off? Quirks?

Josh has a few. Anytime anyone insults his sister sets him off, as well as people talking about his father. He also is annoyed by liars, gaudy people, and people that use cheap tricks to get laid.

Depends, really. My current character is of noble birth, so family is quite important. Things are a little unstable; her father is dead and her mother is bedridden, so she is effectively in charge in all but name. This puts her under a great deal of pressure already, not to mention the fact that the coast is being raided more than often and the inland lords are becoming discontent with paying to defend the coastal provinces.

That said, sometimes the orphan angle works fine. Depending on the setting, and given that most of the time you play an adventurer, who by their nature normally gives into a nomadic existence and wanderlust, it makes sense.

She hates bureaucracy. She respects tradition and history, but not when it becomes stifling or dogmatic.

The gaudy, pompous nobility more commonly found make her skin crawl, and she will come down hard on anyone who makes light of their lowers or abuses their station.

Anyone who speaks poorly of her family, her father in particular, better be good with a blade because she'll challenge them and mark their face as recompense.

Tell us more about her, I don't think I recognize this one.

I never intended for him to have family outside of "people that live far away, no you don't know where it is, and if you do I don't want to visit", but I just started thinking about it and they evolved as off-screen characters in their own right, going so far as to be driving forces in Arallios' few motivations and having personalities fleshed out enough that I could probably make them (N)PCs if I just gave them stats.
Paranoia. His extent of fear is generally limited to "shit, someone's going to die" and just being wary that something is potentially hostile. As he would put it, "I'm only afraid of what I know will kill me." Being afraid outside of the realms of phobias and semi-immediate threats doesn't really register with him, considering it a waste of energy and needless limitation of options because "something" COULD "happen".

Also, tampering with food outside of necessary preparation. People eat that stuff to live, if you mess with it and fuck up then that's a perfectly good meal you possibly ruined. He usually doesn't explain that however, instead forcing himself to finish what's left of the course provided it's actually safe to non-fatally consume in hopes that his actions show the point for him.

I only posted her once a few threads back, and we've only had a couple of sessions since then.

Emese Szarka, Ban-In-Waiting of Whitemarrow.

It's a province on the northern coast, very rugged, a hard place to live and it produces hard people. It's said that Marrowfolk have more than a little Outland blood in them, as they are known to produce fierce warriors, hunters and sailors. Whilst many inland look down on them as backward, they are proud and loyal to the crown.

Emese is outwardly very easy going and playful, but behind that lies the same iron that made her father a respected leader and a feared opponent. She isn't afraid of making problems disappear, she is quite willing to do what must be done to keep her family and her people safe.

Her lack of respect for etiquette and protocol puts her at odds with the richer nobles nearer the capital and in court. Coupled with the spiralling costs of protecting the coast from increasing Outlander raids, tensions are running high between the coastal Bans and the inland Lords, who don't enjoy paying for defences that they see no benefit from. The inland Lords are the ones who preside over the court, and provide most of the food and coin. This puts the whole realm in a precarious position, where the Empress wishes to keep her coastal subjects safe, but also must keep the Lords of the hinterlands happy too.

Considering that Emese is fiercely loyal to the crown, as are most of the Bans, the whole situation could get ugly.