CYOA General

Resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

feathersnake.wordpress.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Mad Science
>Mutation

not really a fan of "all these are available to everyone" and Psionics plainly saying mind control/reading is possible
Unless "all of these" implies to the 0-3 options I picked, and not all the six options. If the latter, we're cool.

I will figuratively suck ya dick if you post Evil cyoa. I finally have time to read it all and write/imagine my plans.

I choose none, because every single option would make the world a worse place than it already is, and gaining a "moderate aptitude" isn't enough to stoke my selfish desires.

I mean, who wants to be in the middle of the food chain in a world filled with mind controllers, for instance? Just enough talent to catch the attention of someone with much more than "moderate aptitude", thanks fucking bunches.

Can someone explain to me why you would play a cyoa like this where everyone is potentially empowered and you only have "moderate aptitude"?

Not saying it's necessary to be the strongest but being average is a long, long shot from that. You could barely keep yourself safe in some of those settings.

looking for a cyoa, like a detailed version of pic related, with different power sources leading to immortality
anyone know what i'm talking about?

Because everyone else starts at shit tier, if they have anything at all. The best pick for your auto-grab is Mutation, because if you don't have a mutation you don't get one, and you're guaranteed to be hot shit if you put in the work.

Some people turn their noses up at others that like to have power in their power fantasies. Apparently life doesn't have enough hardships for them, they need imaginary hardships too.

Because you'll still be way up the food chain compared to the average person, who will likely have no aptitude whatsoever. For example, only geniuses can have Mad Science aptitude, and only a small number of people can have Mutation aptitude.

But yeah, there's no reason to pick more than one, and absolutely no reason to pick about half of them.

I'll take Mad Science. Somebody is obviously going to build a Transformation Ray with it. Then we can all be the little girl as often as we like.

I love Spirits and I really, really want nothing more than that power but each time I end up gambling on Genetics and getting fucked over. Not this time. Finally I can say it:

I PICK SPIRITS.

I'd rather have no powers on Earth than be a B tier superhero in a superhero world.

you sound pretty condescending for someone complaining about other people turning up their noses at you.

can't you then just not post the cyoa?
What you're doing now, saying
>I hate it I hate it I hate it fix this so I don't hate it
over and over again is just spam, really.
user is right, not picking Mutation doesn't mean "you have no powers on Earth", it means "you have no powers on Earth where there are superheroes/villains"

You have serious mental issues. The cyoa specifically states you get to decide which options apply so not picking mutation means no one will become a superhero.

That wasn't condescending, THIS is condescending.

Maybe stick to words you understand next time you want to pick a fight.

MOAR CYOA'S, OC OR NOT, I'M NOT AS PICKY AS OC-BIRD

>Apparently life doesn't have enough hardships for them, they need imaginary hardships too.

That was pretty patronizing.

Well, I'd rather live in a world with superpowers and be a B-Tier Superhero than live in this current world without superpowers.

Well. When we have the little girl ray, I think we know now who we're going to point it at first.

(I still get to go second, though.)

But you do have superpowers, user. You enchant me with those beautiful eyes of yours.

>the potential to improve
Then don't be a B-lister. That's an official meta statement about changes to the setting, not some generic "give it your all" crap fed to B-listers in-setting. Sign up at Xavier's or something and learn how to apply yourself. You could be Omega tier that's putsing around with inefficient and stupid bullshit.

Altering History 1.5 Changelog DLC 0.9 Changelog It's not a bad idea, honestly, I just don't think I could add it without going into a LOT of detail, and the last thing this CYOA needs is another mini-system. I haven't discarded the possibility, though.

People with cushy lives tend to glorify hardships/adventure, people with shitty lives tend to glorify safety/power. I'm not being patronizing, if anything I'm being bitter towards people that have had life handed to them on a silver platter, coming here and raining on my parade because they want things to be HARDER.

>Psionics
>Martial Arts
>Mutation
I'm now a telepathic superpowered magical warrior. Even with moderate aptitude, the combination of those sounds pretty awesome.
Also the other options are all too dangerous for the world at large.

What if I want hardships/adventure AND safety/power? What does that mean?

I'll give you a hint: I WANT TO BE A SECRET DRAGON AND ADVENTURE IN HUMAN FORM WITH A MISMATCH BAND OF ADVENTURERS IN A FANTASY WORLD!!! AND I WANT IT NOOOOOOWWW!!!!!!

It's the opposite happening in this thread though, people are complaining a CYOA isn't being easy enough on them, even though it puts them in a pretty good position compared to most people.

Rolled 5, 24, 24, 5, 2 = 60 (5d30)

hoping for the best, bracing for the worst

You only get moderate aptitude in one of them.

That might be the worst roll I've ever seen on that cyoa. Enjoy your double weakness to iron: instant death when near it I guess.

Yeah no, that sucks. Homebrew it is then. I get aptitude in all of them because that's more fun.

No.

Agree to disagree, my lawful neutral friend.

>potentially available to everyone
You could just learn the other two the normal way, same as everyone else. You even get to pick out a nifty mutation to help you out.

Say, a Solar Exaltation is, technically, a form of mutation, right? It's like having an extra chunk of soul.

now that's an exaggerated response, don't you think?
My point still stands: No one is forcing you to imagine anything.

This and in the first version you didn't even get moderate aptitude. That was added after everyone raised the same kind of stink that's being raised now but far worse.

so i rolled on random and got:

immortal
healing factor
weakness to sunlight
flight
weakness to submersion in water

i am a vampire apparently

How does it feel knowing that no cyoa will ever have vampires as powerful as the ones in Twilight?

>What if I want hardships/adventure AND safety/power?
That you're a collosal Mary Sue. Given the spoiler, I take it you want to go adventuring with "level 1" people while being "level 20".
You're never in actual danger, you only pretend to be, because it's fun.
You like knowing that there will never be a situation you can't win, single-handedly, to the praise of your party.
Am I right in any of this?

/r/ing lewd CYOAs

No it doesn't say you get to pick your mutation it just says you start at a moderate aptitude in your mutation and the potential to get better at whatever your mutation is.

also, with how often you scream of wanting this, you really should nut up and make it yourself.

Fine, I'll go consult the superpower wiki. I just hate doing that because it sucks. Half the articles are autistic and unneeded divisions into dumb shit like "lightning roar" or "dark water manipulation," fanwank, or didn't actually come from any series in the first place, and the 500 different pages about omnipotence.

You almost nailed it. I would never single-handedly solve anything though. That's for the heroes to do while I'm the clumsy mage (dragon).

>I would never single-handedly solve anything though
and I'm not saying that you would. I'm saying you COULD.
I'm saying you love knowing that nothing could ever actually harm you, and you only pretend to be inept. I'm saying you want the thrill of adventuring, making friends with your partymembers who think you're all on the same level, without ever being challenged or afraid of dying.
My personal headcanon of your story is this charade of yours is exploited by the BBEG when he takes one of your partymembers hostage and kills them before the confrontation, and lets your partymembers know you could have saved the hostage at any moment but you refused, leading to you feeling guilt and them disgust, leaving you forever.
Yes, that's messed up on my part, but you are such a filthy Mary Sue I think it's counterbalanced.

More importantly, why aren't you making that cyoa?
It's not something I enjoy, I think it's boring, but you post about it often.
I wrote far too many words on this. I really don't like Mary Sue's.

>complaining about mary sues on the mary sue wish fulfillment containment thread

Is user a masochist?

I dunno, if they're good friends and went on so many adventures together, I have a hard time believing that they'd abandon him over the words of the guy out to kill them/rule the world/make lunch.

There might also be legitimate reasons for user to reveal his true powerlevel. Gandalf comes to mind as an example. Maybe dragons can't reveal themselves either in anything but the most lethal situations where your dragon form is required to survive.

>not hating mary sues
doesn't matter where you are, you must always hate mary sues

This sounds... pretty hopeless. And we don't get powers at all? Seems like it would be best played with a previously created character from another CYOA or something. Anyway I'mma try to build for it. Behold!

My girls-only all-star band of annoying heroines!
>Mama Quilla
Each female member gives her a boost. Long-range blasts.
>Seshat
Glue of the party, also has useful nerd skills and first aid.
>Aife
Great melee warrior, unsufferable except when around horses.
>Epona
Offers everyone magical horses! Decent cavalry warrior.
Item:
>Jhadu
Healing. Very useful as our party has calamitous defense.

Well, if he's fostering up these hero groups, revealing himself will cause problems because they're liable to create distance on a personal level and leave problems up to him instead of reaching forward, which means he has to change tracks and become somebody who sponsors heroes, which is boring and dumb, or just go on solo adventures, which is lonely.

The BBEG isn't dumb enough to straight-out kill the kid before you arrive.
He's going to do something like
>hang kid over a vat of acid
>only way to save him is by using a spell that's higher level than the party is

So you have two options
>Prove you're way too high level, playing them for your amusement, but save the kid.
Now they know all those times they got shat on by level 3 Trolls, all those broken bones, you could've fixed it. They know you treat them like playthings.
or
>Let the kid die, make them think the BBEG is lying, but live with the guilt of letting your friend die

Why aren't you making the cyoa?

I think the term mary sue is being thrown around too often. You wouldn't call Gandalf a mary sue just because he's an immortal angel who hides his power, returns from the death and not just a weak sagely wizard he pretends he is. You really need to know to context of a character before you can brand one a mary sue.

One of the few real mary sues I know of is Bella Swan and not just because it's a meme.

I wouldn't be so disgusted with your plan if you intended to eventually tell them the truth, let them know you wanted to help them reach their potential and keep them safe and confident.
You know, be a mentor who wants there to be more heroes.
But no. That's not your motivation.
You want to have friends and go on an adventure, but never be afraid of death.

>user thinks he's entitled to every comfort because a higher level character is travelling with him
>user is so insecure he thinks he could only be seen as a plaything by dragon and not as a true friend by lonely possibly immortal creature

I wasn't talking about true or not mary sue , I was talking about hating mary sues

who /NETHERLORD/ here boys?

Mystery Box/DLC if you choose to side with the Netherlord.

>user is so insecure he thinks he could only be seen as a plaything by dragon and not as a true friend by lonely possibly immortal creature
If he was a "true friend", he wouldn't lie to me.

>break your leg because the retarded mage fucks up his spell and I get attacked
>have to hump around because the idiot mage can't figure out his healing spell
>have to sleep outside, in the cold, with no fire because somehow he can't even figure out a goddamn Level 1 Create Fireball spell

>mage reveals himself to be a max level Dragon Arch Mage
Yeah, I'd be pretty fucking pissed to know he was enjoying my misery, and all of it could've been prevented.
I'd probably become a BBEG from that.

>Architect

I'm going to immediately commit suicide. My world will be an improved version of the Netherworld.

I'm willing to make a bunch of high-tech nukes for Beelzebub to drop on the Netherlord if the Warper is willing to transport them.

You are all welcome to come have fun in my utopia but try to not upset the inhabitants too much. No killing sprees please.

Get fucked.

t. the Architect

don't want to experience anything in the real wolrd before killing yourself? get info that will be useful as a God later? more importantly:
>I'm willing to make a bunch of high-tech nukes for Beelzebub
why would you do that? why would you want to be involved at all?

>Summoner
I can think of some really cool shit to do. Somewhere between card games and comic books, with giant monsters at my beck and call.

>become the Juggernaut
>craft a Ring of Personal Demesne
>enter my room-sized pocket realm
>craft a Ring of Clairvoyance Immunity
>make sure no one can find me
>craft a Ring of Anti-aging
>craft a Ring of Sustenance
>craft a Ring of Focus and Willpower
>begin working on my Demonbane
>become the multiversal ruler of everything

There. I broke the cyoa.

Because I can and the Netherlord annoys me.

Sauce for your image? I mean, I know it's the same person who made the Slut Elf and Gentleman Orc comics, but that is all (and I have no clue who that person actually is)

It's that exact comic. He added one more chapter recently.

also aren't you completely dependent on the Warper for contact with outside worlds?

Oh fuck, for real?! Shit man, I have been out of the loop then!

>Ring of Personal Demesne
That's not going to be made over night

>Ring of Clairvoyance Immunity
At least a few decades can be sunk into this one

>Ring of Anti-aging
Pseudo-immortality equipment seems like the work of a lifetime to me

>Ring of Sustenance
Yet another ring that'll take years to craft

>Ring of Focus and Willpower
By the time you get around to this ring you'll either be dead of old age (assuming a diviner didn't get you in the decades it took to craft the Ring of Clairvoyance Immunity), or you'll have lost the will power to spend all your time in a small pocket dimension crafting equipment.

Not broken, try again.

Not any different from the Netherlord or Beelzebub. The only difference is that I have complete control over my realm over which I can rule as a god, openly or not.

Don't be ridiculous. If Demonbane takes a lifetime, no way in hell does creating any of those rings take more than a few days or weeks at worst.

Kokopelli handles female opponents, Teucer and Aife handle male opponents. Then I'll take both pairs of twins because holy shit that value, and Papa Legba to tie everything together.

I might take the broom instead of the shadow twins, though. It seems super handy.

>can only get the best waifu with the shield of Ajax

Fuck that.

>only way
No, that's just the magically guaranteed way.

>It will take too long to craft a couple of rings that make you functionally immortal
No? I mean, that's kind of the point of them.

Demonbane is a lifetime work, and it's for fighting elder gods and cosmic horrors. Being reliably immortal isn't going to be that hard. Anyway, it's no worse than my plan as Summoner, only he's making physical items instead of summoning monsters.

I think that user doesn't realise what the Demonbane is and how that affects the Juggernaut's crafting ability: if you need a lifetime to get a mech that turns you into a nearly omnipotent, omniversal deus ex machina, everything else is extremely easy and quick to make by comparison.

I think the author was too focused on limited the Juggernaut in crafting a single ridicullous weapon and completely forgot that he could easily stack weaker items to allow himself to survive beforehand.

To be fair, Elder God Demonbane took two games and a manga, I think, of ramp-up and had half a minute of screen time. You probably won't be fully omnipotent, even if you will be insanely powerful.

I was assuming that "Demonbane" was some kind of generic fantasy sword with powerful anti-evil abilities or something like that, I don't watch anime (especially not mecha anime)

Gant robots don't really seem like equipment to me, either.

My point is that even if it takes a lifetime to craft a ring of anti-aging, you're already proof against arms so you have an eternity to make all the shit you want. It doesn't matter how many lifetimes it takes to make anything at that point.

I still really want to hear why you aren't making that cyoa just want so much.

Demonologist can do the same thing. He can progressively capture stronger and stronger demons in exchange for knowledge and power. There's no real limit assuming the demons don't go through a sudden power jump you cannot bridge using knowledge and power gathered from lower ranked demons.

I thought the better complaint was that he was making Demonbane instead of Master Gundam. What's his horse gonna do while he's busy robot fighting?

I was advocating, so I still don't know why you're asking me this as if I was that other guy.

I don't know. I've tried it a few times but it always ends up shit compared to those peeks we got at the dragonborn cyoa. Unfortunately that one will never be completed and mine would be an inferior copy at best. Hence the tantrums.

Author-kun, if you're here please tell me what the prognosis of this cyoa is. I need closure.

Super-Science for me please

Here's the rest of it that I'm too lazy to post
feathersnake.wordpress.com/

Will you ever make anything new?

quoted the wrong post
>inferior copy
how can your cyoa be "inferior" to something that doesn't exist?
I definitely would prefer you make it, if only so you stop tossing so many hissyfits.

>those peeks we got at the dragonborn cyoa
sauce?

Keeper of Secrets
>Big comfy ass tower.
>Regular change of scenery.
>Best teleportation.
>Can bring friends if I want.
>Good reads. Could learn magic.
>Sometimes interesting stuff happens. No control over it though. Hmmm…
>But most of the time no one bothers me.

It's perfect.

A

Form 2; Form 5; Form 7; Form 9
This grates on my OCD.