Inquisitorial Penal Regiment Veeky Forums: Call Of Duty: Titan Warfare Edition

ALRIGHT LADIES! We need to stablish a communication array with command if we want to get any closer to be an organized ground force and those heretic disruption towers are making such task impossible. AND THAT WARHOUND TITAN JUST SEEMS TO BE GETTING BETTER AT SHOOTING OUR SHIPS DOWN so we're open for ideas!
------------------------------------------------------------
1d4Chan: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:Penal_regiment_designation_Veeky Forums
Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/40k_penal_regiment.
FAQ:
>What the fuck is this?
Somewhat a campaign of crack-infused free-form roleplay in the grim darkness of the far future.
>When do you guys make these threads?
Usually mondays at 4PM GMT, but they sometimes extend to Tuesdays if we got caught in the middle of something when the thread died and it was too late to make another one the same day.
>Can I join in?
Sure, just think of a character and have fun, you can find most info in 1d4chan albeit it's ussually a little bit out of date in comparison to where the threads are.
>Is there any requirement in character creation.
Not really, we've had Xeno infiltrators, Chaos infiltrators, Villains, Heroes, Normal Guardsmen, Crazed Guardsmen, Assassins, Psykers, Space Marines, Inquisitors, Squats... just think whathever and join the fun.
>Is it allowed to have more than a single character?
Yes as long as you don't use it to powerplay.
>So how you guys do the playan'?
We tend to use spoilers for OOC chat, but nothing is set in stone.
We tend to use greentexts for describing a character's actions, but again nothing is set in stone.
Use d20s for combat checks and d100s for other things you want to roll, higher Is better.
It's important to know that the regiment is now in the employ of a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, with influence from an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and under the watch of an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor. Yes we've been through a lot of shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9G1ob5jnuSo
youtube.com/watch?v=zXgjM0gGLXQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Making his way out from the medical tent. The young man would have a bright smile upon his face, as he would rub the dust and debris off of his new rank insignia.
>That is until he'd hear the Corporals announcement.

Corporal? What the hell are you talking about? We've already got communications established! And reinforcements have already arrived! All we have to do is prepare to follow the plan.

>Is performing maintenace on his boltpistol.
We need tanks or an master of ordnance for that enemy. Question is, where do we find them?
>Looks over the troops in his vicinity.

What?! Sir the disruption towers are messing with my radio I can't establish a link to high command.

Nyzart has even agreed to our plan on how to bury that demonic peice of shit under tension if thousands of tons of rubble and billions of gallons of sea water. All we have to do is follow the plan. So get those men ready for the final charge Throne dammit! That's an order!

Sir yes sir! But I'd like to request a new radio frequency to connect to! This one is filled with interferences

We've been using our new Valkyries that are on loan from our Navy friends up high to transport messages. Ineffective maybe.... but it's our best chance right now.

>His expression would change to one of a bright smile.

Besides... how else do you think I would have recieved news of my field commission?
>He'd show the Corporal his rank insignia

I did notice, hence I started calling you sir instead of sarge. Congratulations.

Of course! Try frequency 189.76. It should allow you to comm one of our Valkyries in low orbit

Roger that sir, thank you.

>lying against a wreckage, writing as well as he can with his off hand

>The COs left eye would twitch at the word "Sir". But never the less, he would continue to smile.

Thank you Corporal! But I wasn't the only one given a field promotion...

>He'd then hand the Corporal a small stack of papers.

This is the official documentation of your promotion to sergeant. If you are willing to accept it.

>He'd give a lopsided smile as he continues.
After all... Dreg-Crosser squad stills needs a sergeant. And I can't think of anyone more deserving of the position then you.

Ah Commissar! You're finally awake! Did you sleep well?

WARPSMITH!

>The yelling would make Depherion throw a gear in to the air, which he would later try to grab for the following 4 seconds before it fell to the ground.

>"Yesss... mylord?"

THE WEAKLINGS ARE ORGANIZING THEIR DEFENSE ON THE PLANET! YOU PROMISED ME YOUR FIGHTERS WOULDN'T FAIL!

>"They have not failed, mylord, my scans indicate that 87% of their fighters and VTOL transports are falling asunder under my Warp Talons might."

IT'S NOT ENOUGH! IF THEY GAIN A HOLD OF GROUND FOR LONG ENOUGH THEY WILL SOON DEPLOY AN ARMY AND THE TITAN IS NOT READY FOR DIRECT ASSAULT!

>"If I may, mylord, that's wrong, it is ready for frontal assault, a flanking action is what would be devastating... Besides... my androids are ready to defend it should the worst come, you have to relax, mylord the situation is under control. I have sent the order to bombard the enemies strongholds over the mainland, they won't last long."

For the welfare of your health, it better be so, warpsmith.

Hey there mate.
>his footsteps are mixed with the occasional -tink- of metal
Check out the new leg. Oh hey, I see you finally got promoted.

Either way, the Basilisks are in working condition now, so just tell me what you need to shoot

I...
>He falls into a salute.
YES SIR! THANK YOU SIR! I WILL NOT FAIL YOU SIR!

>Alice lays observing the situation from afar, 'buried' under several layers of Cameleoline treated clothing and netting.
>Things look much closer than they are, when one looks through a pair of binoculars.
Right mess those tossers got themselves in. Sam, Vox the Malleus Benedictus, tell the Captain to advance to Point X-Ray then uncover the Jeep. We need to be gone ASAP.
>Alice lowers the binos to jot down some co-ordinates and work out a few locations on a handy dandy map.

I did. As good as one can sleep on the battlefield. But now other dutys await me.
>Looks actually really sleepy.
Such as confiscating recaf from a few unruly troopers.
>There are no unruly troopers around.
What about you? Is everything going well around here?

Right away, ma'am.
>Proceeds to do the assigned tasks.

Adept! Good to see you trying to 'adapt' to your situation...
>The man would chuckle before continuing.
Do you have any additional changes to the plan I handed you yesterday?

>The newly promoted CO would give a deep nod.

Thank you Sergeant! Thankfully it isn't a desk job promotion, so I'll still be leading what's left of my men after this is over.
>He'd then quickly hand the man of couple of sheets of paper.

You might want to take these though. For you and your men.

Eh, exactly are these papers, pray tell?

Right then luv' better see what support we can scrounge up.
>Alice tosses the 'camo stuff' into the Jeep's bed and climbs into the driver's seat.
>Once LIX is in the passenger seat, Alice moves the vehicle off.
So luv', you got any idea how we pin a Warhound in place without a Vanquisher? Need to keep the bugger still until the Benedictus can drop a Broadside on her.
>Alice heads in the vague direction of the loyalists.
The AT Weapons we've got here won't do anything to it but scratch what's left of the paint.

>The CO would give a slight nod of his head, as he barely succeeds at stiffleing a chuckle at the Commissar.
The plan is nearly complete. All that's left is to organize the men and our Necron allies before charging against that Titan.

If we're lucky. The enemy will deploy all available forces against us, and we'll be able to bury that Titan, as well as the forces of chaos under a mountain of rubble and water.

As much as I would like to provide a plan that has higher chance of survival, I cannot do so without reducing the chances of success to near zero.

Well it is a damaged Titan, I do believe that an indirect strike to wherever the armor is most damaged could be crippling to it's mobility... A Hunter Killer missile could acomplish that.

hello I'm sorry I'm late what did i miss?

Nightwolf Bomber Squadron reporting, coordenades recieved, warpsmith. ETA 20 minutes before bombing run. Stormhawk Fireblade and Deceminator Squadrons re-assigned to cover our approach.

We'll get those weaklings out of their hole.

Not much. Preparations and chatting mostly

Dunno if a HK would work, what with those Towers playing hell with our Sensors, might need to use a Laser Guided or Wire Guided Missile. Means we need to get a bit closer.
>Alice steals a quick glance at the supplies in the back then continues driving.
Still, could be worth a try. Long as the HK doesn't need any more targeting information once it's in flight then we could work it. Just need to aim it manually...

These... my good friend. Are you and your men's transfer papers.
>A frown would cross the young man's face.

I did some digging around once we got communications with the fleet set up... And it appears your unit, alongside a few stragglers, is all that's left of your regiment.

As such. What's left is being transfered into Penal Regiment Theta Gamma immediately. Congratulations Sergeant. Your with the Inquisition now!

Sergeant! Are the men ready for the attack? And where the hell are those Necrons!? We need them if the plan is to work!

>Listens to Malaks plan.
So, the plan is to bury the enemy en masse?
>Imagines it in his head and begins to grin.
By the emperor, they shall be killed all at once.

The men are ready and willing sir! We still have recieved no word from the necron overlord though, radio chatter is silent.

>The CO would cross his arms across his chest, as a frown crosses his lips.

Thanks for the update... I was hopeing for an alternative to my plan, but I guess there's no such luck...

>The man would sigh before activating his Vox and setting it to all Frequencies.

It is time... all forces, FORM UP!!!1

>sits in the cockpit of his Lightning, humming to himself as he finishes up his pre-flight checklist

Target Found, ETA 5 minutes. Viral checked and ready for deployment.

I will stay here. Whatever happens, I´ll do what little I can from here, due to my condition. I´d only slow you down in the battle.

Well, I'm not behind the plow, and I guess I ain't digging a ditch, so I can't complain much.
But seriously though, if you want to shoot something, just let me know.
I want to see my beautiful babies shoot some powerful ordnance.
>Turns on his vox
Alright fellas, Ive got good news and bad news
Good news is, we're now apart of the Inquisition
Bad news is, we still don't have firing orders.
I'm going to stay with the Lt. and act as part of his command squad. But I promise at some point you fellas will shoot something
Sgt. Augue of the 22nd Delaran Artillery Company, reporting for duty, mate.

No... the plan is to detonate the surrounding Necron Crypts with several high yeild explosives. Which will cause the ground to collapse two miles downwards in a 28 mile radius. Our assault is merely to draw out as many enemy forces as possible so that they can wiprd out in one go.

The Necrons part in this, is merely to teleport any survivors out of harm's way one the bomb goes off. Afterwards... we'll bring in the cavalry and wipe what's left out.

Understood... keep trying with the Necrons... this plan had to be PEFFECT if any of us want to survive.

Hey... I still have only one arm what can i do?

SIR! OUR SCOUTS HAVE REPORTED ENEMY AIRCRAFT COMING TOWARDS OUR LOCATION AT HIGH SPEEDS!

>reaches over to his radio
Allo, allo? Zis is Lieutenant Colonel Francois Guerin of ze Elysian 45th Fighter Squadron, we zeem to have reporr of enemy air activity in your area, can you confirm, ground?

Err, Lt., I think we got a bit of problem

See, some of fellas have advanced scopes for range finding, and uh, I think we got some fliers heading out way

Senpai we did a time jump, if you wanna have a powerfist as a replacement or something just go on ahead

I could get close enough if needed be...

Yay!

Detonating the necron tombs? And here I thougth the inquisition wouldn´t have allowed your regiment to do such a thing. There is still hope for your regiment it seems.
>Thinks for a moment, before continuing.
Are the troops who go planting the bombs already decided or has it been done, as I was asleep?

You trooper, are being Med-evaced. Along side all other wounded. We won't have enough time to get you out of here otherwise.
Just keep your men firing at that Titan, and everything around it. Once we're ready, you and your men will be telrported by the Necrons to safety.

Understood. But be ready to leave as soon as possible. If this fails, than it is up to you and the fleet to deal with this...

I just hope that diversion camp keeps enemy forces busy with their bombings...

And so can I, just need to be careful. Anyway, lets see if it doesn't have to come to that.
>Alice pulls the jeep to a halt and grabs the Voxcaster.

"Attention any Loyalist Elements, this is Interrogator Wellesley, requesting support with our plan to neutralize hostile Warhound-Class Titan, please acknowledge transmission, over."

I won´t die here, if I have a say in the matter. Leaving may prove to be more problematic, though.

>Two of the four Warp Talons drop their viral bombs on the diversion camp and retire.
Target down!

Wait... I'm detecting something in my scanners... Nightwolves 3 and 4 come around, defensive formation. There's more of these idiots holed up around here.

Rolled 6, 12, 18, 20, 13, 19, 2, 16, 10 = 116 (9d20)

Sir, my spotters are saying those fliers are still coming
>Turns on Vox
Alright fellas, all you start firing on that titan
Rolling for each individual Basilisk

The Necrons should be done with it by now. I had our boys assemble the bombs.
Understood!

You've got a green light to engage pilot! Wiped those bastards out!

>He then turns to the gathered men.
Everyone else! WE MAKE OUR MOVE NOW! SHOW THESE TRAITORS THE MEANING OF PAIN! AND MAY THR GOD EMPEROR PROTECT US IN THIS HOUR!!! CHAAAAAAAAAARGE!!!
>The CO would draw forth his Sword pistol as he begins leading the charge!

FOR THE EMPEROR!!

+++ Incoming Transmission +++
+ ...Decoding
+ ...Parsing content
+ ...Applying classification grade
+ ...
+ ...Standardization complete
+ ...View message contents y/n? |

>smiles to himself as he takes off
Roger zat, we are on ze way.
>the Lightning screams across the sky, accompanied by 2 wingmen

I don't think they're recieving, honey...

>He'd activate his Vox as he continues leading the Imperial and Necron forces towards the Titan.
Interrogator! This is First Lieutenant Malak Ordenius of Penal Regiment Theta Gamma. A plan is in motion already! I suggest you either evac now, or assist in our attack!

>y

What in the Emperor's Name?
>Alice plugs a Dataslate into the Vox Caster to allow one to use the message.
>View Message Contents: Y

What plan?! We're suggesting that you hit it's legs, we have to keep it immobile so we can hit it.

>replies on Vox
Yes, this is Sgt Magna Augue of the 22nd Delaran Artillery Company of Penal Regiment Theta Gamma. My boys on the artillery fired some rounds at the Titan; I think a couple them fired effectively Either way, I've got a charge to take part of.
>turns off Vox
>draws his boltgun and follows right behind the Lt

Rolled 29 (1d100)

>Sighs
Not much left for me to do but research, calculate and scratch this damn itch. But first, repair my personal cogitator...
>Attempts to fix it one-handed

Rolled 4 (1d20)

>attempts to make prosthetic arm

>Speechless.
Leutnant. You... How do we know, that the necrons din´t plant fakes? Those filthy xeno shouldn´t be trusted like that!
>Follows the Leutnants charge, without trying to keep up with him this time.

The idiots are fleeing! It will just help extend the effects among their men!

Wait! CONTACT! ENEMY FIGHTERS! CANCEL BOMBING RUN! EVASIVE MANNEUVERS! STORMHAWK SQUADRONS COVER OUR TAILS!
>Meanwhile, on the SoM HQ...

>The troops are assembling for a defensive formation, the titan tanking most hits from the artillery fire, but forced to stop it's fire against the Imperial Fleet.

>The Chapter Techmarines are overseeing the titan repairs.

>"Their artillery fire has hit the main gun, and it is overheating, it won't be able to shoot for a few minutes, protect the Titan brothers! It's machine spirit has almost fallen to our will!"

>Within moments, hundreds of Guardsmen, and over a thousand Necrons would appear from out if the jungle brush, charging straight towards the Titan. Their individual banners raised high and weapons firing in their defiance of the forces of Chaos.
>Shells would soon begin crashing down upon the Titan from the Basilisks at the rear lines, crashing and exploding amongst the traitor forces.
>Necron and Imperial fliers would soon begin engaging their equals amongst the enemy. Their weapons lighting up the skies above!

FOR THE EMPEROR! FOR MANKIND!!!

Rolled 8 (1d20)

THE WEAK COME!
>A squad of devastators begins hailing fire over the incoming enemy charge.

+++ Input Accepted +++
+ ...User: Vice-Admiral Sternbridge, Caffran
+ ...Reclassifying content
+ ...
+ ...Complete
+ ...Displaying message:
+ - This is Orbital C%1239rth9hERRORa%
+ - Do mot %%%%ERROR%%PARSE
+ - %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
+ - %%%%%%%%%%%
+ - Special Order 000111A Approved
+ - Await reinforcements

Rolled 8, 20, 20 = 48 (3d20)

youtube.com/watch?v=9G1ob5jnuSo
Tangos spotted! Allons-y!
>the Lightnings break formation, and all three open up from long range with their autocannons

>It does not seem to be possible without tools or another hand
>He has neither
>He decides to just scratch the itch he has instead

Rolled 15 - 2 (1d20 - 2)

>hipfires with his boltgun and fires at the devastators while charging
-2 to roll due to hipfire while moving

Rolled 51 (1d100)

Tech-priest, trace this signal. Find out where it's coming from.
>"Yes, captain."

Rolled 15 (1d20)

>arm falls apart
dammit
>tries again

Rolled 5, 6, 4 = 15 (3d20)

NIGHTWOLVES 3 AND 4 ARE FALLING! FIREBLADES! DECIMATORS! WHERE IS OUR SUPPORT?!

Decimator Stormhawk Squadron! Giving cover fire! we'll get them off your tail, Fireblade has gone to strike the enemy artillery.

1st roll is Nightwolf evasive manneuvers, 2nd is the Fireblade attack on the imperial artillery and the 3rd is the Decimator attack on the enemy fighters.

Shit!
Malak! Those enemy bombers are trying to kill my guns! They aint doin shit for now, but they will eventually!

Ma'am! I've no time to explain! Just know that this plan will work, and that you should either leave soon, or join the assault with what forces you have!

>He'd continue making his way towards the Titan. His mind replaying the plan in his head.
>Since the disruption towers are limiting electronic signals, the only way to activating the bombs is to get someone close enough to the Titan for the signal to reach.
>As such. A automatic detonator has been attached to each of the banners. Should at least one make it within a hundred feet of the titan. The bombs will go off. Causing the Crypts beneath to cave in, and cause the ground beneath the titan In alarge radius to collapse. Burying the titan and anyone caught within under rubble and sea water.
>Those who survive the charge towards the Titan will be teleported out by the necrons at the last possible second to a safe location.

+++ EOF Parse Error +++
+ ...Tracing initiated
+ ... 1%
+ ...
+ ... 5%
+ ....

Rolled 18 (1d20)

>A devastator goes down with a well placed bullet on his eye lens.

>The other three keep their fire against the imperial charge with a very aggressive silence.

Rolled 19, 16 = 35 (2d20)

>attempts to dodge the incoming fire
>keeps firing at the enemy
1st roll for dodge, 2nd roll for shooting

Rolled 7 - 1 (1d20 - 1)

>The man would continue charging through the barrage of inaccurate shots. As he begins to fire back at the enemy.
KEEP MOVING!!! LET NONE STOP OUR PATH!

-1 for firing while moving

Rolled 13 (1d20)

Splash 2, splash 2! Meurtier, evade! Renier! Pursue!
>one of the Lightnings gives chase to the Stormhawk, wake turbulence churning the air behind it
Zese Decimators are sloppy! Punish zem!
>Guerin does a high-G turn, and attempts to get a lock on one of the Decimators

Ach luv' it's hopeless, get the Launcher ready. I'll get us as close as we can get safely.
>Alice sets the Caster back in it's rack and sets off forward once again.
>Eventually she pulls up to a stop and grabs a couple of packs of Missiles, plus a Hunter-Killer, as well as a Las-Carbine.

>joins the battlefield

+ ... 69%
+ ....
+ .... 84%
+ .... 100%
+ Transmission Origin: ERROR STRICKEN FROM RECORD
+ TRAITOR VESSEL INBOUND
+ EXCERCISE EXTREME CAUTION

>Waits for the transmission to be traced
Interrogator, I've received a corrupted signal from off-world. From what I can decipher, it has approved "special order 000111A" and instructed us to await reinforcements. I have the magos tracing its origin point. Have you any further advice?

Rolled 15, 18 = 33 (2d20)

youtube.com/watch?v=zXgjM0gGLXQ

LEFT FLANK! LEFT FLA- AAAGH!
>Another one goes down, as usual, a white-black smoke comes out of the gaps of the armor of every dead astartes.
>The other two concentrate fire on the section around the killer of their partner.

>The bullets ricochet over the Squad Segeant's armor. Who vey kindly replies with his bolt pistol. (second roll)

I'VE GOT THEM ON MY TAIL! CAN'T SHAKE THEM OFF!

>Nightwolves 1 and 2 are moving towards the charging infantry line.
>"Your sacrifice will be remembered brother... I'm almost at the target zone."

Rolled 20, 4, 16, 13, 11, 14, 19, 8, 19 + 1 = 125 (9d20 + 1)

In case you didn't realize, you could use or my artillery rolls as part on your attempt to cripple the Titan
>turns on Vox
Boys, I want you to focus more on that Titan!
We're getting a bit too close for comfort with your broad shots, and I want to help out our lady friend here!
Rolling for each Basilisk
+1 for focus fire

Tech-priest, optimize weapon output and load torpedoes. We have incoming.
>"Aye, captain."
Interrogator, we have an incoming traitor vessel. I am preparing to engage.

At your signal, honey.

Rolled 11, 5 = 16 (2d20)

>attempt to dodge the fire incoming
>keep firing at the Devastators
Same as before
Please Holy Emperor dont fail me now

Meant for

>Guerin gets a lock, and fires 2 of his Hellstrike missiles
Fox sree, Fox sree!

Rolled 18 (1d20)

forgot roll

Rolled 19, 17, 2, 20 + 3 = 61 (4d20 + 3)

>The CO takes a round to the arm, causing him to drop his power sword upon the ground. But never the less continues the charge. Using every bit of willpower he has to bite through the pain.
TANKS! LET 'EM SEE THE GLOW OF YOUR BARRELS!!! FIRE!!!
>At his command, several Leman Russ tanks would appear from the Jungle, and would begin firing up the Devastators positions.
+3gor the nasty surprise

"Get your guns ready to hit tha- Confirmed, break off the attack on the surface and engage target. Good hunting Admiral, the Emperor is with you today."

"Sergeant Augue, good hits on hostile Titan. If you can, focus fire on the legs. Will follow up with BDA as the enemy show their damage. Over."

>Alice also grabs the Vox Caster and starts dashing towards a firing position for the missiles.
Come on! Bloody Traitors are in space as well! All we've got is the Benedictus!

Cultist Technician:
"The rites have been made, most unclean one. I shall stall the ground troops with inquisition orders falsified. Once the innocent lose their lives to this Titan bombing the warp portal'a sacrifice will be complete. Praise the old father"

>The titan is hit heavily, sending the ground shaking. This forces the sorcerers to come into action, no longer maintaining the illusion of nothing being there and raising warp shields around the titan.
WE CAN'T HOLD AGAINST THAT ARTILLERY FIRE FOR LONG, AND WITHOUT OUR MAGICS THE NECRONS WILL SEE US! PUSH THEM BACK!

LOOSING ALTITUDE!
>The vehicle crashes against the infantry lines.
>The Decimator squad is banished from air

>The devastators fly to the skies as they are blown up from the ground, smoke leaving the gaps of their armor.

Rolled 7, 10 = 17 (2d20)

FIREBLADES COMING FOR A SECOND RUN ON THE ENEMY ARTILLERY! (first roll)

Nightwolves, dropping Viral package! (Second roll)

Rolled 14 (1d20)

aiming at sorcerers

Rolled 17 (1d20)

Good kills! Decimators splashed! Meurtier, on me! We've gotta take out ze Nightwolves!
>the 2 Lightnings get back in formation, as the third fires it's twin lascannons at the Fireblades it was pursuing

THE FOUL FOLLOWERS OF THE FATHER OF PESTILENCE TRY TO CLAIM THE TITAN FOR THEMSELVES?!

WARPSMITH! MAN THE TITAN! FIRE THE MAIN GUN AGAINST THEM! IF THEY WISH TO SERVE NURGLE LET THEM DO SO FROM THEIR GRAVE! LET'S SHOW THEM THE GIFTS OF MALAL!

+++ Warning +++
+ DAEMONIC ENERGIES DETECTED
+TITAN SIGNATURE IRREGULARITIES
+ EVAC RECOMMENDED
+ PRAISE THE EMPEROR

Rolled 13 (1d20)

>Due to the utter chaos of the battlefield, the bombing run goes far off course. Leaving most of the attackers unharmed by it

KEEP MOVING GUARDSMEN! WE SHALL NOT FALL THIS DAY!!!

>he'd quickly aim a shot at the nearest traitor before firing a round from his pistol.