Warhammer Fantasy Battles General WHFB

Warhammer Fantasy General: Asrai qts a Best Edition

Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy products and lore. Please be courteous and try to limit your End Times fluff discussion as both ET and Age of Sigmar are considered generally non-canon for the purpose of this thread.

Link to last thread:
>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times (Compilation of all the End Times changes)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the Veeky Forums wiki)

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki with lots of background articles too. Also AoR is not ded: Veeky Forums for details.)

>Resources(Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S (embed)
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux (embed)
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

>Third party Miniature manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk (embed)

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Rescued WHFRP 2e Fan Material (Please download and post any material you find not in this collection)
mega.nz/#F!apdlzArL!-j3HfTPkpJFu_tk9H0HQ_A

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10766760
strawpoll.me/10766786
strawpoll.me/10766808
strawpoll.me/10766854
strawpoll.me/10766873
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_Fantasy:_Character_Traits
whfb.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/5/5e/MorgianaLeFayMarkGibbons.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FULL 9TH AGE BOOKS FOR HIGH ELVES AND OGRES
FUCKING
WHEN

apparently is more like [embed] edition

strawpoll.me/10766760

strawpoll.me/10766786

strawpoll.me/10766808

strawpoll.me/10766854

strawpoll.me/10766873

Polls from last thread.

Also, Chaos Elf.

>Also, Chaos Elf.
Its not.

>Masque is more of a waifu than Valkia

Pointy 'eadz iz Elfz.

Oomiez of sharp-squishy god got helmet hornz or horsie hairz.

Erryone knowz dat.

i have a feeling valkia would give you a hard on and then bite your dick off because its full of delicious blood
and i dont need that

She's only Khorne's waifu, really. Masque is Slaanesh's discarded waifu, you can get him/her on the rebound. Plus, eternal twerking.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_Fantasy:_Character_Traits

A while ago, I made a homebrew for further customization of characters, which was partly in response to the power-creep of the end times. Does anyone like it? Would they use it?

Vote for Best Queen.

You mean Slaanesh's current waifu?

>Genevieve (best girl) is still winning the waifu poll

also

>That pedobait

>pedobait
literally who

I assume Melissa in the poll refers to Melissa d'Acques, Genevieve's grandmother-in-darkness.

She was twelve when she became a vampire.

I totally forgot that. I just listed every female character I could remember that wasn't too unimportant.

Why is Morgania le Fay even in the poll? I can't remember her really even having a depiction in the fluff.

well
she exists i guess

Because she's the pope of Bretonnia?

whfb.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/5/5e/MorgianaLeFayMarkGibbons.jpg

0/10 not even the code of chivalry could convince me to bang

Too bad she can literally order you to bang her.
Her authority is supreme. She can make the king of Bretonnia lick her shoes as they chop his head off.

Being half-Elf has perks.

If the official Empire stance is that Skaven do not exist, how the fuck do they have an Emperor known as Mandred Skavenslayer.

Looks pretty good here. She's also the closest Bretonnia ever had to a queen character. Except no king to cuck!

Skaven exist in the same way the Tzars once did in Soviet Russia. "Keep your fucking mouth shut, and do not ask stupid questions, they were a thing but not like you think and then they weren't, and speaking of it warrants suspicion and arrest."

See, Witch Hunters are expected to solve all the Empire's problems, and they only know how to BLAM. So since Skaven aren't summoned by human cultists, all they achieve is under preparing the Empire.

what the shit are those massive head tiddies for?

You forgot Countess Gabriella, Ulrika's adoptive mother-in-darkness, and probably the most level-headed canon Lahmian there is.

>Being half-Elf has perks.
Do you have a single fact to back it up?

That's an old fashioned style. It existed in real life. In many forms in fact, usually among British upper classes, through the early 1800's.

All women of quality wore their hair up, and often did without hats and stuck to hair adornments or veils. So you did crazy shit with your hair to stand out.

I thought it was hat.

She was revealed to be Lileath's daughter in End Times. That's why Arkhan took her as a sacrifice to resurrect Nagash. Three divine bloodlines. Isha, Lileath, and Sigmar. Aliathra, Morgiana le Fay, and Luthor Huss (or Volkmar? I can never remember which is which without looking it up).

Think of it as hair with a large shaped doily/net on it that holds the strands in the intended shape, and a veil over that.

Pic related is what her hairstyle is.

And grognards violently refuse to acknowledge half elves in Warhammer.

IIRC Lady had other children from Gilles le Breton.

But I am, and I do. Eldar don't make sense as much, but humans/elves/dwarfs/halflings/ogres should be compatible as natural races, uplifted from the same stock by the same aliens.

Its Archaon the Bill Murray I reject.

How do we know she's not just pure elf disguised as a human? Why do you think she wears the funky hat and the heavy makeup?

Which is weird, because they're in old lore and new, just extremely rare.

A dwarf even had a threeway that involved one. Though he may have been lying to cover up the embarrassment of having sex with a regular elf (or two).

Because Warhammer Elves can't just use makeup to look human.

not all elves are that obviously inhuman

Depends on artist, but in lore they look unmistakably inhuman.

Depends on the lore.

It appears to be a spectrum thing. Teclis was (notably) handsome by human standards, for example. Even Felix became chopped liver by comparison, and Felix Jaeger fucked almost as many women as Gotrek has killed greenskins.

I don't know, I think it's something that can be argued. The biggest thing that sets them apart is having dark eyes, and even that's not always a thing - you could get away with a tall human with high cheekbones if you dress them up right.

Besides, if vampires can sneak their ilk in everywhere with people barely noticing, I think elves would be able to manage just fine. People are kind of stupid in this setting - a zombie is able to pass off as a still-living man for a short while, a vampire that's well known to be in control of a county can get away with ruling for an unusually long time for a few generations...

Vampires are explicitly described as being able to look fully human unless they live like beasts for extended periods of time, so that doesn't help you.

We know the Lahmians get around 'eternal ruler' suspicions by faking their own deaths and reappearing as a distant cousin, either glamored or fashioned up to look different. And of course, they usually are the shadow ruler, not the face of the coin ruler.

Not to mention vampires at one point /were/ human, so they'd have the same body shape and proportions that seem usual. Glamor would take it from there.

Is there even anything new in the full books besides subpar lore and art?

Don't forget that magic is still dangerous for Elves, but Vampires can instinctively cast it because its literally part of them. Death and Shadow (the illusion lore) is like Daemons casting from their own lore. Its literally what they are made of, so they can keep it up at low risk for longer.

Great art, new lore, and best of all none of it is Games Workshop.

After End Times, GW lore is like buying a book from the home of a heavy smoker. Its tainted.

There's a metric fuckton of pre-ET lore to read in the form of rulebooks, army books, supplements and novels. If you've read literally everything out there, maybe you should consider branching out to a new hobby.

Wow. You sound mad that some of us are sick of GW shit.

Some of us want new stuff. Almost every single user in this thread rejects AoS.

So we look to T9A lore. Just like that poll above says.

>So we look to T9A lore. Just like that poll above says.
A whopping 15% does, quite a ways from a majority.

To me, 9th Age is a continuation of the WHFB ruleset and nothing else. Any lore they add in I only expect to be there out of formality and meant to be supplanted by 7e/8e lore or whichever canon you prefer.

Oh, for sure its there as a framework to add what's better from GW canon to.

But those in-universe diary writings are still new lore, something new to read just for our factions. Its the ONLY new lore we'll ever get.

How's Age of Sigmar selling? Isn't it possible that eventually GW will, if the money situation warrents it, put out new lore stuff while keeping the setting static otherwise? I mean, it always struck me as utterly bizarre that they put out Mordheim and Total War Warhams and shit right as they decide to blow up the setting.

It isn't that they look inhuman, they give off this weird aura that makes you feel like you're looking at something strangely wonderful and terrible. They're rare in the Old World, even in places like Altdorf or Marienburg. When humans look upon elves they get a sense for their own mortality and smallness.

Sigmar is selling better than ever, and the spinoffs exist in their own universes. Just like how they did warhammer quest in the AoS setting, they'd redo mordheim to be AoS I'm sure. Bloodbowl is still "old" fantasy because it was a spinoff universe to begin with.

Are all Beastmen Chaotic Evil? I was reading the Warhammer beastiary, and one of the Minotaurs seemed rather noble, and honorable,

"When no blow fell, I slowly opened my eyes. The Minotaur was pointing to an arch in the tree that I had not seen. He spoke then, his voice deep, as well as strangely melodic, "That way, young one. Return when you have more meat on your bones, you'll make for a worthier challenge and better meal."

I dunno, as long as the tail didn't get in the way it might not be too bad.

I still find it a bit squick that he ends up fucking and marrying the 5 year old he saved in the first book.

Weirdly, however, Night's Dark Masters does not give an arcane lore access until the Vampire Lord career.

Minotaurs are big about challenge. They're still Khorne to the bone, but some have a degree of bestial honor.

That was weird as hell. I see why SHE wanted his dick, but even with his magical anti-aging, you'd figure he'd constantly be thinking of himself as a man and her as a girl.

I suspect the author has some deep seated issues that need resolving.

If anything Kat would serve as a constant reminder that Felix is semi-detached from humanity and the human condition.

Guys, are the post William King's Gotrek and Felix novels worth reading?

All Chaos is Always Evil. It can be Lawful or Chaotic, but always Evil.

Nathan Long's stuff is arguable better than William King's late stuff. Giantslayer is just terrible compared to Manslayer.

The short stories are a bit arse.

Nathan Long? I don't get that from his other stuff. I'm pretty sure William King has a corruption/rape kink, though.

It's worth pointing out that arrangements like Felix's WERE more common in antiquity where a nobleman would be married to a much, much younger girl and they'd wait for her to be a woman to consummate.

They were fairly stale to me, honestly. At the same time, they're not awful. I liked Nathan Long better.

So I wanna create a wacky hitman team to throw at my WFRP 2e PCs, this is what I'm figuring, check this shizzle.

1.) A hochlander sniper.
2.) An ex-headsman.
3.) An Estalian diestro who fights off-hand with a whip.
4.) A Khaine worshiping nutjob elf.

Khaine Elves are Dark Elves. Dark Elves are too arrogant even by Elf standards to work with other races. It makes them very backstabby, usually for the lulz. To the point that Dark Eldar look like Tau.

The only real exception is Morathi working with Slaaneshi.

I was under the impression Khaine had non-dark-elf worshipers among some ostensibly normal elves and even humans?

>Chaos is always Chaos.

>FTFY

At least once the Estalian Diestro has to say

>I am laughing because I know something you don't know.

>I am not left handed.

Duly noted, and taken on-board.

I finished reading the Genevieve omnibus a month or so ago and have been looking to get back into Warhammer books, which ones should I read next?

In the intervening time I read Anno Dracula because Gené is in it and I wanted more of my waifu, it was actually pretty good.

How was Age of Reckoning? I always loved the concept art but never actually looked into the game.

A little disappointing, honestly. But there is a free fan server running so you can play without paying, which is nice. Big chunks are still being added though, so it doesn't have everything.

The Old World Omnibus has a great selection of stories in it. I'd also recommend the Troll Slayer series and Gilead's Blood for flavour.

Drachenfels is also a must-read, if it wasn't included in the Genevieve omnibus.

Bad game. Supposedly the publisher ruined it.

Great concept art though, and implied lesbianism, which is always a bonus.

> /U/ content

Lesbianism you say? I'm intrigued. Explain further.

I'm being a bit of a ruseman. The dark elf sorceress in the intro cinematic blows a (sarcastic?) kiss to the high elf she's sporting with after rendering her immobile.

They're ok i suppose
im too lazy to bother with em but i can see someone wanting to

I had the most fun in a video game with that game
then it died and i lost interest

It felt like WoW-Lite, what did you enjoy about it?

Not criticising, genuinely curious. I wanted to get into it really badly just out of love for the setting, but it just didn't click for me.

Honestly I wish that the Wolfenburg MUD was still up and running.

How are Ulric clergymen supposed to treat Wolves?

I, too, played wow for a long time
It was all my love for the setting, all the neat tome unlocks and titles and things
RvR I loved the most, two full raid groups taking castles like nobody's business day in day out
I got real sad when it died and my guild dissipated

I'm bored, how is that Mordheim PC game?

The only Ulrican's who can wear wolf skins are those who wear the wolves the personally killed, using only the weapons provided by nature.

Like wolves. Hunt them if you wish, but don't wear the skin unless you killed them with your own two hands.

Does Taal give a shit about what sorts of weapons you use? He seems somewhat popular in Bretonnia.

Passable. The AI is weak, but the wondering daemons at later levels are fun.

Taal fits Bretonnian's "No firearms/no bombs" rule. Taal is also against harming animals for any reason other than food.

Additionally, worshippers/clergy of Taal are tested by spending a week around the Winter Solstice out in the wilds living off only what they catch.

I know Bordelaux is a bit controversial because it maintains some canons and decent infantry, but overall I guess Taal would be fairly popular among Bretonnians then, especially since I don't think peasants are allowed to worship the Lady.

Who would win in a fight Ulric or Taal?

Taal. Ulric was always the little bitch of a brother, and Taal is pretty heavily implied to have threatened his brother when Ulric came asking about lengthening Winter and giving him more control over nature. Middenheim was originally going to be a massive mountain peak for worshippers of Taal to climb and prove their devotion. Ulric came bitching, Taal said 'Fine, have this mountain, but if you bitch again ya gonna get slapped.'

If you go by Endtimes lore, which is pretty much the only time Taal is portrayed as a character in modern fluff, he's stated to be the oldest and most powerful of the empire gods, greater than both Sigmar and Ulric

Seems strange to me as the pantheon, while worshiped by all the Empire, generally have places where their worship is strongest. Taal in Talabecland, Ulric in Middenland, Sigmar in Reikland, etc, but Sigmar is considered to be the Empire's god. Everyone except the most hard nosed Ulricans consider themselves to be Sigmar's Heirs.

Then again they had Shallya to be Taal's wife, completely ignoring Rhya, in the End Times. This is despite the fact that Taal and Ryha are always written as Taal AND Rhya, and more than a few times they've been said to be husband and wife in Black Library books.

If not a Khaine cultist, what are some other neat ideas?

What is the hitman team for? Just all purpose bounty hunting/assassination? Or is there more of a story element to them?

In any case;
Cathayan martial artist.
A priest of Ahalt the Drinker
A Marienburger who thinks he's in charge but is just along for the ride because he's 'the money'
An elf assassin from one of the great Trade Houses that is actually a spy for Ulthuan.

It was odd that they turned shylla into his wife but then again, Rhya hasn't been mentioned outside of the RP books for a while. But I think they portrayed Taal as the strongest because he literally is the land that the empire rests on. Even though he is worshipped in some areas more than others, he doesn't rely on man for power as much as the others do. Which seems to be why he didn't really give a shit about the imperial humans being wiped out until Nurgle attacked him. When he got infected by Nurgle, the whole empire did, and when Ulric, Shylla, Sigmar and the lady combined their energies to heal him Nurgles plagues were removed entirely. One of the better parts of endtimes, but of course they drop this whole subplot and everything implied by the next time the empire shows up. I was really looking forward to the human gods getti g off their asses and finally doing something against chaos. Instead they all get wiped out offscreen and Ulric is so diminished that Teclis pretty much destroys him.

Not exactly true. Taal and Rhya were said to be husband and wife in the Black Plague series which was 2012 to 2014.

>>God of the wild places, Taal governed nature with his wife Rhya and a congress made up of all the animals.