Dragonball Quest #55

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a sixteen year old boy named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

22nd World Martial Arts Tournament

>>youtube.com/watch?v=K8JwUGR9Sok

Tien has six fingers.

Let's gramps!

Tien as three eyes.

I'm ready for Lord Slug Quest. Let's do this.

He's just prototyping the multiform technique.

Got to start somewhere.

The rest of the break thankfully passes without incident, though the tension in the room doesn't fully dissipate.

With Nam joining you and your friends at the table, the mood is lifted a bit, but even as you catch up a bit with the competitor from the last tournament, you find yourself thinking on what Jackie Chun has told you.

You came to this tournament expecting Yamcha, and expecting that he'd still be holding a grudge. Yamcha's apparently improved more than you expected, but you weren't all that worried about that. But now, you've gone and angered Tenshinhan, and by extension, Chaozu. The three of them working against you is a serious problem, and you'd be a fool to ignore it. If their master, Shen is as bad a person as Roshi, Chun, Ox King, and Puar seem to think, his students must be very dangerous.

Beyond that, Chaozu's technique, the Dodonpa, has you a bit on edge. It's extremely similar to the Dodon Ray used by Tao. You can't be positive, but a connection does seem likely.

"Tofoo?" Krillin asks, cutting you out of your thoughts. "Tofoo, are you okay?"

You look over at your friend, and ask him to repeat the question.

"I asked how you think your chances are if you fight Jackie," Krillin tells you.

>A. You think you'll win

>B. Better than last time, you think

>C. You can't say for sure until you're in the ring

>D. You don't know, but that makes it more fun

>E. Something else

I'd have started in my pants, but I guess that's why he's the martial arts master and I'm a guy on Veeky Forums.

>D. You don't know, but that makes it more fun
time for some shitty rolls

>>C. You can't say for sure until you're in the ring
>>D. You don't know, but that makes it more fun
>>E. Something else
Jackie seems a knowledgeable sort, ask him if there's a connection between Taopaipai and the crane school.

>>B. Better than last time, you think

>>B. Better than last time, you think

"Better than last time, I think," you answer your friend.

Jackie chuckles. "Don't get too confident. There are plenty of tricks I didn't show you the last time we fought."

An official calls for an end to the recess, and you hear your number as one of the first to be called. Leaving the cafeteria, you return to the contest hall and step into the ring, finding yourself face to face with a brown-haired woman old enough to be your mother.

She has brown eyes to match her hair, which is rolled into a ponytail and stretches down her back. Her posture is relaxed, her expression one of ease and confidence.

"Good luck, child," she tells you. "I hope you're a fast thinker."

>A. Ask what she means by that

>B. Begin the match on the defensive

>C. Charge as soon as the match starts

>D. Kamehameha

>E. Bear Shout

>F. Wolf Fang Fist

>G. Something else

>>A. Ask what she means by that

>>B. Begin the match on the defensive

>A. Ask what she means by that

>>B. Begin the match on the defensive
>>G. Something else
Tell her she's Pretty.

"What do you mean by that?" you ask, dropping into a defensive stance.

The woman winks, and as the official calls the match, she breaks into a charge.

At first, you're a bit confused. She moves fast, but no faster than most of the other fighters here, and her posture leaves her wide open for a counterattack. For her to have made it this far, she's either been very lucky and put against unskilled opponents, or she's hiding something.

She soon reaches you, and chops at your neck. You easily block the strike, and answer by throwing a palm-strike at her face.

Just before your attack reaches her, there's a loud noise, and smoke appears in front of you, obscuring your vision. It clears quickly, and when it does, your foe is gone. Or, so you think.

Something wraps around your legs, forcing them together before pulling, knocking you onto your back. As you hit the ground, you find yourself looking at a massive snake.

There's another loud sound, and the snake vanishes, replaced by a fly that moves high into the air before being replaced by a massive boulder.

"Look out below!" the boulder says in the woman's voice as it comes down to crush you.

>A. Reach up and catch it (40)

>B. Stand and catch it (55)

>C. Bear Shout (60)

>D. Push your legs up and catch it on your feet (45)

>E. Something else

>>D. Push your legs up and catch it on your feet (45)

#swag

ROLL

>>D. Push your legs up and catch it on your feet (45)

Rolled 54 (1d100)

legs

Rolled 73 (1d100)

d

Rolled 73 (1d100)

As the boulder comes plummeting toward you, you lift your legs, catching the rock on your feet.

Your opponent gasps in surprise, caught off-guard and hesitating just long enough to give you an opportunity to make a move.

>A. Throw her from the ring

>B. Throw her through the ceiling

>>B. Throw her through the ceiling

>>A. Throw her from the ring

Go away.

You push with your legs, throwing the woman from the ring and far away.

However, she quickly transforms again, taking the form of a bird and flying right back into the ring, where she takes the form of a tyrannosaurus and lets out a roar.

"Nice try," she tells you before rushing over, opening her mouth wide to swallow you whole.

>A. Jump up and kick her in the jaw (60)

>B. Rush in and hit her in the stomach (50)

>C. Grab her by the tail and try throwing her from the ring again (20)

>D. Bear Shout (40)

>E. Something else

>C. Grab her by the tail and try throwing her from the ring again (20)
So long, gay bowser!

>>A. Jump up and kick her in the jaw (60)

C won't work, she'll just transform again.

>>B. Rush in and hit her in the stomach (50)

ROLL!

Rolled 66 (1d100)

Rolled 81 (1d100)

Through

This woman's transformations make her tricky, but she isn't the first shapeshifter you've dealt with. Years ago, you fought Oolong "the terrible" when he was terrorizing a small village, using his powers to take different forms and intimidate the people. You quickly learned that although he could take impressive-looking forms, they didn't make him any stronger.

This woman is a martial artist, but you get the feeling she's nowhere near you strength wise. She relies on her transformations to surprise and outmaneuver her opponents. Against most people, this is an effective strategy, and it's allowed her to prolong the match by a bit. But, you aren't most opponents, and, having dealt with her kind before, you are more than prepared to end this.

Throwing her out of the ring will do you no good, as she'll just transform and fly back in. So, to win this match, you need to get in there and take her down.

As she comes barreling toward you, you rush forward, getting beneath her massive head and jumping up, delivering a powerful punch to her gut.

She grunts in pain, then slumps down, collapsing on top of you. However, she returns to her human form, and you're able to easily get her off of you, putting her on the ground where she lies unconscious.

You are declared the winner, and you hop out of the ring.

Across the hall, you can see the Ox King stepping into the ring, and it appears his opponent will be Yamcha.

>A. Go watch the match

>B. Go relax until your final match

>C. Something else

>>A. Go watch the match
Will Ox king beat Yamcha, I doubt it

>A. Go watch the match

>A. Go watch the match

Leaving the ring you fought in behind, you approach the ring where the Ox King is about to fight Yamcha.

Goku and Krillin, who you spotted watching your match, are already over there, apparently more interested in the outcome of this fight than yours.

Tenshinhan and Chaozu are also present, the three-eyed man wearing a smirk, and the tiny fighter wearing his usual blank expression.

"So, I get the chance to take down the terrible Ox King," Yamcha says, cracking his knuckles. "Lucky me."

"Don't get too confident," the Ox King warns. "I was trained by Master Roshi, and I've beaten down hundreds of upstarts like you."

"Trust me, Ox King, you've never faced a fighter like me," Yamcha tells him.

The official calls the match, and Yamcha takes a defensive stance, allowing the Ox King to make the first move.

The giant fighter approaches Yamcha, throwing a powerful punch at the bandit's face. Yamcha thrusts his arms forward, catching the Ox King's fist in both hands and pushing against it.

At first, Yamcha is pushed back, but he quickly manages to stop himself, and begin pushing back against the Ox King, causing the giant's arm to buckle.

In response, the Ox King throws a kick with his left leg, but Yamcha leans back, allowing the kick to pass right over him. With the Ox King's foot still in the air, Yamcha drops to his knees and slides under the Ox King, getting behind him before springing to his feet.

Yamcha jumps up, throwing a powerful kick to the back of the Ox King's head.

That one kick is all that it takes, and Chichi's father falls forward, slamming face-first into the ground, and going completely still.

"I didn't know that when they called you terrible, they were talking about your fighting skills," Yamcha comments to the unconscious man before stepping out of the ring, walking over to Tenshinhan and Chaozu.

>A. Run over and check if the Ox King is alright

>B. Go find Chichi and tell her what happened

>C. Something else

>>A. Run over and check if the Ox King is alright

>A. Run over and check if the Ox King is alright
>C. TEll Krillin to do B

You rush over to the ring, checking to see if the Ox King is alright.

The official examines him, and assures you that he's still alive and that he will be okay. Krillin and Jackie sigh in relief, while Goku glares in the direction of Yamcha, who approaches another ring, which Tenshinhan hops into.

Tournament staff arrive and take the Ox King away, clearing out the ring for the next match. Krillin's name is called, and he steps into the ring, finding himself placed against some wolf-man.

Krillin seems distracted, but that doesn't really matter, as he takes down his foe with a single kick before jumping out of the ring.

"I'll be back," Krillin tells you. "I need to go tell Chichi what happened."

As he runs off, you hear Goku shout out in shock.

"Nam!"

Rushing toward the sound, you find Nam lying unconscious in the ring, his mouth hanging open and his eyes looking blank.

Standing over him is Tenshinhan.

>A. Ask Goku if he saw what happened

>B. Ask if Nam will be alright

>C. Ask Tenshinhan what he did

>D. Something else

>>C. Ask Tenshinhan what he did
>You seem to almost get off to this stuff, that's kinda weird

>>C. Ask Tenshinhan what he did

>C. Ask Tenshinhan what he did
Maybe accuse him of using the Dodon Ray

Nah, his body isn't scorched, and there aren't any holes in it, either

"What did you do?" you ask Tenshinhan.

The man smirks. "What you told me to. You told me to speak with my fists in the ring. I think I've made my message loud and clear, don't you?"

He looks down at Nam. "A pretender like this doesn't belong in the ring with real fighters. He may live, but he'll never fight in another tournament again."

"Neither will you!" Goku declares, rushing toward Tenshinhan, only to be restrained by Jackie Chun.

Tenshinhan smirks, then steps out of the ring, rejoining Chaozu and Yamcha.

"Come back here and fight me!" Goku shouts, struggling against Chun. "Let me go, Jackie! He hurt my friend!"

The Crane Students seem to be getting more brutal all the time. Ox King and Nam are both out of the tournament, and out of consciousness. You don't envy whatever other opponents those three might go up against.

Soon, your final match is called, and you step into the ring, finding yourself facing a man of average size, but with a rather nasty looking scar on his right cheek.

He doesn't say a word to you, just getting into a fighting stance and waiting for the official to call the match.

>A. Attack as soon as the match begins (65)

>B. Go on the defensive and fend off his attacks (60)

>C. Evade his attacks (80)

>D. Bear Shout (30)

>E. Light Shot (20)

>F. Wolf Fang Fist (70)

>>A. Attack as soon as the match begins (65)

>>A. Attack as soon as the match begins (65)

>B. Go on the defensive and fend off his attacks (60)

>F. Wolf Fang Fist (70)

ROLL

>no sling bikini
what shit

Rolled 99 (1d100)

It's not enough

Rolled 52 (1d100)

Rolled 53 (1d100)

Well, good job not TFS

Holy hell Fourstar, calm down.

Like I said, it isn't enough that I win, others must fail as well

As the match begins, you take the first attack, rushing across the ring and attacking with a rapid flurry of punches.

To your surprise, your foe is able to block and parry pretty much all of them, until you manage to get a punch past his defenses and hit him in the face, sending him sliding back across the ring and giving you the chance for another charge.

This time, he rushes to meet you, and the two of you exchange attacks before you sweep up with your right leg, knocking his out from under him, and allowing yourself to elbow him in the face, slamming him against the floor of the ring.

He quickly rolls back, getting into a crouch, springing toward you with such speed that you barely have time to react.

>A. Hit him before he can hit you (85)

>B. Block his attack (70)

>C. Dodge (75)

>D. Dodge and counterattack (80)

>E. Something else

>>B. Block his attack (70)

DC for sending a Light Shot at him?

I am posting on mobile, can I roll on this?

You can try

ROLL

Rolled 59 (1d100)

this time

Rolled 37 (1d100)

Rolled 35 (1d100)

All hope seems lost

Rolled 12 (1d100)

Whelp, first failure of the night

So it is

Did we just get blown out by a nobody?

Well we got hit by him at least.

Not exactly being 'blown out'

You try to block, but before you get the chance, your opponent lands a solid punch to your face, knocking you back and causing you to lose your balance, allowing the man to follow-up with a knee-strike that sends you sprawling.

Your foe rushes over, dropping off his feet and falling on top of you, bringing his elbow crashing into your gut as he does so.

He gets back up, getting ready to do it again.

>A. Kick him in the face as he comes down (65)

>B. Roll out of the way and knee him in the head (60)

>C. Bear Shout (40)

>D. Something else

>C. Bear Shout (40)

I wish I could roll, also first time posting in these threads saw your quest yesterday and stayed up till 4 in the morning catching up till now, great stuff sans the 18 shippers. Bulma best girl anyway, I am tempted to go with C but

Thanks user, glad you enjoy it

ROLL

Rolled 56 (1d100)

Rolled 31 (1d100)

And then the fall

Rolled 97 (1d100)