Yo Veeky Forums

Yo Veeky Forums
How many of you actually made bank?

Ive made $10k maybe and been in and out since 2011, I dont want to talk about.

Probably most of the board desu.

Despite all of the FUD, FOMO, pink wojak's and sad frog memes, most of this board isn't actually that retarded.

Saw a pic somewhere that said Veeky Forums is where the smart people go to act retarded while the retarded ones go to reddit to act smart.

I'd imagine most of Veeky Forums is secretly making it And having a laugh along the way.

I've made $9k in my first week of trading crypto.

I got bad news for you desu

How much did you start with though?

This used to be the case up until about mid 2009-10 then it stopped being the case

most of biz is wasting time trading shitcoins while btc outpaces everything.

Literally transferred some to my bank today user.
People will say doing this is foolish. Yet those who only hold their coins and never sell are at serious risk.
I know guaranteed my USD only loses 2% a year, or at worst 5%. Frankly bitcoin can lose 15 times that in one year.

I could hold less bitcoin and still make wonderful gains, with my USD doubled, or I could hold bitcoin and make stellar gains yet risk it all.
Risk management is key - and worth the opportunity cost to me.

10 bucks

i have about 30K in realized gains and another 30k in unrealized gains

wooo

what's this models name again

Ushijima. First result on google

Sauce is Ushijima Fundoshi

ty anons

But isn't that m&m?

started with 2k and made like 1k. fug.

b-b-b-b-but bitcoin isn't useful as a currency

b-b-b-b-but it bitcoin will crash

b-b-b-b-but this can't go on forever

>Saw a pic somewhere that said Veeky Forums is where the smart people go to act retarded while the retarded ones go to reddit to act smart.
If this were true the irony would not have been lost on this constantly quoted piece of "wisdom".

started with around 30k, up to 400k now

BTC too damn high. Mah alts...

Started with $2500
Down to $1900 because BCH

Still holding holy fucking shit

But I'm fucking stupid.

followed this group and made 3x in 7 months discord.gg/Kd4NYth

>But I'm fucking stupid.
socrates is thought of as one of the cleverest niggas who ever lived and all he did was go around saying that. The fact that you know youre stupid and that so is everyone else here and that were just shilling bullshit shows how much smarter this place is than plebbit.

the cycle will turn eventually and alts will moon outpacing btc by 100-1000x
then btc will moon again and the cycle repeats

I had huge losses, stopped trading, then suddenly made them back up these past few days with a token pump on a coin I invested heavily in.

I've made maybe eight dollars, heavily fluctuating, over three or four months.

It's not every day somebody gets a second chance. I'll do better this time.

f-fuck you

That's actually pathetic.

By admitting this you are already the smartest guy in this thread

No, it's his Mexican cousin: El Eminemo

Veeky Forums is a mix of survival bias and fantasies. Most shit about lambos is pure fantasy / larping. Even if you 10x on an alt you put $10k in, you still be about 1/100th of the wealth you'd need to buy lambos without also being able to live off your money.

Lots of people have made it big on a couple alts. But for every 10x there is 10 bags people hold they aren't talking about. Overall if you were here before the altcoin bubble you probably 10-100xed your investment, but back then people didn't throw money in like they do now. People started with like $50, not $50k.

Very few coins actually 100 or 1000x and almost no ones rides the full 1000x with any significant amount of money. Eth is a good example. When eth was

Kinda what I was thinking. I made 30x in the same amount of time

Put in about 20-30k
Had some huge losses, still holding some big bags
Portfolio about 80k now
So 2-3x gain isn't the worst, but I would've made so much more just holding bitcoin

I'm getting pretty fucking rich.

I do.

This. Veeky Forums used to be really clever people fucking around. Not since like 2009 at least.

>tfw realizing I made that much before but now my portfolio is big enough that I can't risk it to make that much again

So far I've made 35k. $10k into bitcoin, $45k out.

I also... spent ~13 bitcoins in 2012 when they were $5 and around $30 for drugs. And I lost 5 bitcoins in 2011 after I reformatted my hard drive.

started dollar cost averaging $500 every week in eth 6mo ago and stopped after I hit a hot streak with NEO, WTC, and VTC. im hovering comfortably around 26k right now. feel a mix between lucky and long hours researching projects paying off. i know i made impulsive trades in the beginning but I have stayed pretty true to the hodl and its eventually come around 9/10 times

is this all BTC?

Honestly I made some massive mistakes early on (June) and sliced my stack in half a few times...At 40k now off of 20k. I've literally pissed away so many chances and FOMOed into obvious pumps. It sucks to know that I was literally holding coins that would have given me at LEAST a 4x now but I sold them at losses and blah blah blah. I've got a new focus now though, so whatever. Cheers to hitting a million in a year.

That's where "HODL" came from. I'm not some crazy cryptowizard who can get 1000x gains.

People who lose everything commit suicide or stop posting on on Veeky Forums, which is why you see so many winners on here.

Made about $800 and then used the money to buy some GPU cards to mine alts.

Current portfolio?

>I only waited 2 weeks

Give it time.

>And I lost 5 bitcoins in 2011 after I reformatted my hard drive
I lost 11 bitcoins in 2011 after a hdd died
today is the first time since I've looked into crypto
I just made a coinbase account and i have no idea what's going on anymore

Yeah at this point it's only no coiners who haven't made money.

do you guys still have the hard drives? I would be running recovery software on that sucker to look for random dead files

I tripled my money over the last 12 months.

But I feel pathetic compared to the guys who have gotten 20x and more on their money.

Yeah, mostly. In BTC terms my trading is pretty ass. Although I'm glad I'm not one of those many people who over-traded and gambled away 90% of their BTC.

Just bitcoin.

I've invested about 15k over the past 7 months. "Only" made about 17k. I would've been much better off holding mostly bitcoin.

that's still pretty insane gains though for 7 months

i went in for ~$7k about 3-4 months ago and am only up about $4k but it fluctuates a lot

but ya i wish i'd just bought and held bitcoin

BTC goes up, alts go down
people buy up cheap alts, with the ones that get the most attention going up the fastest and snowballing
BTC goes down, alts soar even higher with the strongest ones essentially "making it"
the cycle repeats itself with increasingly longer time periods between each stop

wow ur dumb, why not move those losses into moon missions? that being said, I think your redemption day is right around the corner with difficulty adjustment soon.

I've been following since 2013, bought drugs with BTC when it was $200-400. I've been loosely following the market ever since, but fell for the "emergency savings" and "don't spend more than you can afford to loose" memes. I almost went against my principles and bought into ETH upon launch. Shouldn't have taken financial advice from my poor, wagecuck parents and should've gone with my gut, but whatever.

Got in balls two months ago and I'm up 200%.

>I would be running recovery software on that sucker to look for random dead files
I did at the time, I chalked it up to bad luck
way it goes user

Nigga I'm actually down 3k from a 10k investment due to shitcoins and meme buys. Lesson for everyone, don't be a fuck like me and hold ONLY shitcoins. I ain't the only one, every other faggot is just too embarrassed to admit their own stupidity

this
iron hands win

I did immediately after I reformatted, but at that point I had installed windows and it overwrote the wallet. I was able to recover it with recuva... I still have the wallets but they never worked. I tried a private key extracter years ago and it couldn't parse the file.

>Although I'm glad I'm not one of those many people who over-traded and gambled away 90% of their BTC.
That would be me...... Put $12k in eth, if I had put it all into bitcoin I would've had double what I have now.

1.18 mega millions?

damn dude

I started from a position $7k in debt, and right now my portfolio is worth $80k. I sold about $10k worth a few years ago to pay off said debt, but in retrospect just holding on to that would have put me in fuck-you money territory.

Made some really dumb decisions over the years too; I could be so much richer if I'd just kept mining alts and held everything I mined. It's pretty amazing how well a bull market erases your mistakes (until it doesn't).

I have an old laptop harddrive with at least 0.01 btc on it as I used it for testing back in ~2011. There could be more than that. The laptop died probably in 2012, I recently pulled the drive and bought two separate external harddrive cases for it and neither one works.

I went out and bought an exact same harddrive to test with the external case and a new drive works and turns on. I tossed it in my old laptop and now the laptop works after installing windows.

I have no clue how to get this old harddrive working. I assume the harddrive is dead but havent found a way to access any data on it if its even possible.

Made about 200k CAD this year. Would've been like 400k if I'd held all my BTC longer but oh well what can you do. No one saw this going to 14k this year and if you did you're a fucking liar.

you realized that yet? Are our banks just not giving a fuck about larger deposits? I cashed out 4k a few weeks ago and was waiting for the bank/CRA to call me asap

Started with 1k in june.

now have 24.5K. Should be over 6 figures, but mistakes happen.

I've wired an aggregate of like 50k USD and 5k CAD back to my bank account with another 50-60k in cash sitting on kraken/quadrigaCX. Haven't gotten thrown in a van yet so I'm assuming it's all good so long as you pay the mafi...I mean CRA it's dues.

Did you just pay capital gains tax?

I will be come tax season but I haven't done shit yet.

but crypto is the most promising thing you can hold at the moment. what the hell else are you going to buy, stocks and bonds?

y-yeah totally

I started in late oct with 2K.
Bought 1K of Bitcoin and took the other 1K and invested in Altcoins... Im at 7.5K now i make 5.5K in about 2 months.

DELET THIS

How much is the captial gains tax on your country?

Invested 500€ about a month ago, now at +2000€.

Btw. OP is IRS

Yep.

This in many cases too, if you're a shitty trader like me.