Shinobi Quest #23

Shinobi Quest #23

This quest takes place within the lands of the Five Great Shinobi Nations (aka Narutoverse) starting roughly around the beginning of the original series. The world of this quest remains similar to the original, with slight but notable differences in certain areas, based upon the passage of time from a single slightly altered event.

(It’s a goddamn Naruto Quest, you bastards. Have fun, participate, and write in when you feel inclined. Most of the outcomes of this quest will be determined by you, the players. Critiques and questions are always welcome, as my knowledge of the weeby shit is not all encompassing.)

pastebin.com/WiPdCqLH

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Shinobi Quest

Last thread, Tsuki Norihime and the team arrived at the base camp for the ruins expedition, and discussed strategy. Major concerned were the shinobi aligned to other nations- and among them, one in particular- Kisame Hoshigaki. His partner’s identity remained a mystery.

Deciding to switch gears, Tsuki met the other shinobi, aligned with the Land of Earth. Kurotsuchi was her name, and between the two of you, you exchanged some information, along with her warning you to stay out of her way.

Finally, as the teams met before the entrance, you descended down into the ruins, before running to escape a rush of water unleashed by Kisame. Eventually able to avoid it, the team was stuck in a large room with a door on the ceiling- eventually climbing out to escape. They proceeded into the darkness….

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MJDkcI5wxHE
twitter.com/WargleQM/status/755149630833254400
youtube.com/watch?v=2B6jgkcANRE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

“Feh, can’t see a thing.” Nori complains, peering into the pitch black hallway head.

The water had stopped rising, but wasn’t receding, either. You could would it out, but why bother when you could move forward?

“I believe this is my cue.” Lemeza says, producing a torch. “If one of you would be so kind?”

Itachi expels a small jet of flame from his mouth, which lights the torch. “Now, stay close behind me- who knows what we’ll find in here. We haven’t explored past this room, yet.” the doctor explains, keeping the torch lifted above his head.

Would you rather…

1. Take point with Lemeza.
2. Stay in the middle of the group.
3. Watch the rear.

>2. Stay in the middle of the group.

>1. Take point with Lemeza.

>2. Stay in the middle of the group.
Yay your live.

Shinobi Quest!

>"If you would be so kind"
>Frank Fontaine confirmed

>take point with Lemeza
Hinata in the middle and Nori + Itachi in the rear. Nori can basically act as a human siren and Itachi in the back because Akatsuki was in that direction.

The audio to the GIF is way funnier.

>youtube.com/watch?v=MJDkcI5wxHE

Taking point.

Writing.

that kid looks like he's about to pay his taxes

public reminder of best summon

I agree, but we should consider the others, too.

I'll consider Byakko as a secondary summon if possible.

I like the idea of the rabbits as secondary summon contract

I'd like Seiryu or Genbu.

Rabbits and Tigers user
Fur coat best outfit

I can settle for rabbits and birds, Fur Coat and Bitchin' Boa

“I’ll take point with you, Lemeza.” you say stepping forward.

“Very well.” Itachi says. “I’ll remain in the back. Hinata, stay behind Tsuki. Nori, stay back here with me.”

You all nod, and proceed.

The torch illuminates the long hallway in segments as you creep along. Lemeza traces the wall with his fingers as you walk, but otherwise doesn’t stop to look at the walls.

You walk for a few minutes, before Lemeza stops. He holds the torch forward, and the shadows fall away, the light bleeding into the darkness.

“Looks like it opens up into another room here; but it’s hard to say what exactly is in it….”

You can’t see a thing beyond the lights edge and the sheer drop in front of you.

You….

1. Take the torch and investigate.
2. Have someone else go explore.
3. Try to illuminate the room with a fire style technique.

3. Try to illuminate the room with a fire style technique.

1.Make a shadow clone take the torch and investigate.

>2. Have someone else go explore.
Have Hinata use her crazy eyes

yfw we accidentally use stellar chakra
seconding

2. Make Hinata useful, but stick right with her

I don't think you can accidentally do that.

You have complete control over when and how you use stellar chakra.

Just remember, just because she can see doesn't mean you can.

if hinata sees anything we can fireball

Have Hinata look, but be beside her ready to blast fire inside.

Sending in the Byakugan

Writing.

Yeah, but she just aims where we fuck shit up

Or then just illuminate for everyone to see.

“Hinata, could you take a look around?” you ask, turning to face her. “I’ll back you up.”.

She nods in agreement, although you both look to Itachi for approval.

“Go ahead, you two. Be careful, and let us know if you find anything.” he says, keeping his eyes fixed solidly into the darkness behind him.

“Byakugan!” Hinata says, activating her dojutsu. You can see her pan across the room before she addresses you.

“This room seems to be a large pit, Tsuki-hime.” She says still scanning the room. “It’s hard to make out specific details, but it seems to feed downward into a conical shape… there are also some platforms around the outer walls of the room, along the walls.”

“If we’re careful, we can walk along the outside. Here, follow me.” she says, offering her hand.

You…

1. Take her hand
2. Do not

>1. Take her hand

>1. Take her hand
I thought we told you we weren't doing yuri Wargle, now you have us holding her hand in front of everyone including our crush

>1. Take her hand
I've always missed this quest by a hair when it's on, not tonight though ohohohoho.

>1. Take her hand
No yuri please.

>1. Take her hand
Oh Hinata I thought you'd never ask

>1. Take her hand
oh my! so forward Hinata? ohohoho

Please sleepy, we all know I don't write Yuri.

>we all know I don't write Yuri.

>Take her hand
Time to tease Hinata

Not everyone knew that Wargle!

Totally platonic hand holding.

Writing~

So, from reading the archive and always missing these threads, this was unclear for me: are we thirsty for Itachi? Or just clingy because of what happened to Best Sensei?

Little of both? It's hazy to me as well.

Crush on senpai/sensei. Kiddy crush.

I think both.

Girl's first crush, some platonic admiration for his skills, and also getting attached 'cause our last sensei fucking exploded.

Thirsty? No. We are 12.

Fun little crush? Yes.

>Or just clingy because of what happened to Best Sensei?
A little of that maybe but Itachi is charming in his own merits.

yes

We'll grow out of it soon enough, we need someone who will take our clan name and most of the heirs won't do that. Kankuro or Haku might be good choices since its either another kekei genkai for our clan or someone whose dad and brother are Kazekage and possibly magnet release

Don't think Itachi is in line for succession of the Uchiha clan.

Reposting best bread from past two threads...

We should go full Sasaki Kojiro and develop a signature kenjutsu technique/form based on the movement of our bird of paradise/tropical bird summons in flight.
Combine with stellar chakra, the kiba swords, and potential best sage mode and we've got an ultimate technique.
>Watch closely, peasant! Today you witness Konoha's most beautiful technique, count your blessings that it is the last thing you see! ohohohoho!
>Stellar Release: Norihime-Style, Sapphire Dance of the Celestial Phoenix!

There's Sasuke who doesn't seem so bad. Too bad (or actually probably good) Itachi probably still has Izumi in this universe.

but who knows what sort of genetic pratfall will result from mixing bloodlines like that? it's a miracle elemental nation humans' biologies are so flexible, but there must be a reason we saw none of the results of when someone inevitably executed PLAN EUGENICS 101: MIX TWO COOL THINGS

>First son of Clan head

He's still Sasuke though and they wouldn't let the sharingan slip into another clan just like the Hyuuga with the Byakugan

Tsuki is in fact quite a catch already, heiress to the Norihime Corp is a big deal. When the bloodline secret eventually gets out she is going to be attracting a lot of suitors.

Stellar Release + Mangyeko Sharingan would likely release in an eye/Susano'o laser.
All the more reason for the Uchiha camp!

Maybe because none of the nations were on good enough terms to actively encourage their populations to intermingle and do the shinobi genetic shuffle...?

I still think we should go for rabbit for the whole Chang'e thing.

>Another clan
It's one family, our kids could be back in the incest pool within a generation. I'm pretty sure the Uchiha are better with adding in diversity than the Hyuuga are anyway.

see

One summon per customer.

Unless Wargle fudges that.

>chang'e
im in.

we can incorporate the rabbit theme into the rest of our style and have Suzaku-brand summon contract

I guess?

I'm not really anti rabbit but I'd prefer any of the direction beasts honestly.

Chang'e would have been my vote if we actually used the bow and arrow.

Rabbit and Phoenix are the two best options imo, but the way anons are developing tsuki in the quest makes the phoenix a more appropriate summon.

You take her hand. It’s not a big deal, you’re friends, after all.

She leads you gently along the edge of the room, with you holding the torch. It’s very humbling- you don’t think you’ve ever felt this blind or helpless before. You peer down into the darkness- a bad idea. You grip Hinata’s hand harder as a reflex- and she stops.

“Are you ok, Tsuki-hime? Am I going too fast?” she says, voice full of concern.

“N-no, I’m fine. Let’s keep going.” you respond.

You continue, eventually reaching one of the larger platforms. At Hinata’s direction, you see some unlit torches set along the wall- you take turns lighting each one. It isn’t much, but if there are more…

You and Hinata continue to creep along the edge, lighting torches as you go along. Eventually, the room is dimly lit, at least enough you assume the others can see.

Looking down, you can see a vast sandpit, collecting toward a deeper point that doesn’t seem readily visible. What was this room used for? The rest of the team seems more interested in investigating the room now that they can see.

That pit, though….

You…

1.Don’t mess with it.
2. Chuck something like a stone or a torch into the pit.
3. Ask Lemeza about it.

The majority of mutations are detrimental. It's amazing that the people in the Elemental Nations have these carefully pruned lines of inherited superpowers, and you want to fuck it up by crossbreeding. Have you ever had an apple grown from seed, rather than grafted? They're awful.
Well, even within nations, or before the founding of villages, someone has to have gotten the idea. "I know how to make sure my children are super powerful! I just gotta..." and then it can happen any number of different ways. Whether it's two friendly clans marrying into each other to secure an alliance, or rape-babby, there are lots of scenarios where children should inherit multiple bloodlines.

...though now that I think about it, Terumi Mei has two bloodlines. However that happened, she's the only one. You'd think it'd be more common than just one person in all the Elemental Nations.

It's sort of Kaguya's thing.

Actually that'd be pretty funny. Grill from Leaf accidentally styles herself after ancient Rabbit Goddess. I wonder how Zetsu would react to that, if at all.

Not those anons, but true.

I do still like Dragon and Turtle as well as Rabbit and Phoenix.

Tiger's not bad, but I like the others better.

>3. Ask Lemeza about it.
I feel like this should always be the default option in this place.

>3. Ask Lemeza about it.

3. Ask Lemeza about it.

>3. Ask Lemeza about it.

>3. Ask Lemeza about it.

I mean if you think it's cooler option that's fine, but I don't really like the power argument since Wargle will probably just scale the encounters based on how strong we/our party is anyways.

I'm liking rabbit because the moon rabbit bitch of Japanese legend. Not to mention pic related.

>Everybody freaking out when she appears
>Tsuki fangirling out and asking for her autograph

It would be cute user

>3. Ask Lemeza about it

Agreed.

Eh like I said, I'm not against bunnies in any real way.

I just have a different preference, I also have literally no idea who that is.

The final boss in Naruto who is a rabbit goddess

Asking the professional.

Writing. Will probably default to this option in the future, if he's around.

yeah, I'm with you on the power argument being more or less baseless. I didn't mean that if it's how you interpreted what I said.

>3. Ask Lemeza about it.

It would be adorable. Even though she'd probably be under Infinite Tsukuyomi.

>Will probably default to this option in the future, if

You should.

>I'm not against bunnies in any real way.

Fair enough. I personally prefer Dragon & Turtle.

>, I also have literally no idea who that is.

Good.

Wargle, what is the status of Izumi Uchiha?

>3. Ask Lemeza about it.
Yeaaaa I have a feeling we just shouldn't mess with this one.

So does anyone know what's supposed to be in these ruins anyway?

Well the trees point to being made around the time of the First so most likely a psuedo hidden village of the sand that was either abandoned or destroyed

When you say the First do you mean the Sage?

No the First Hokage most likely because of wood jutsu

Yeah I realized I misread you after I submitted, my argument is still the same but not really directed at you.

It's probably from way back in Shinju times.

So, when do we find the ancient murals showing that these ruins were once a temple built to worship the Phoenix Spirit of the Sun, eternally gliding across the skies above?

buried shinobi treasure when?
phoenix contract scroll buried in sand temple shrine when?

>buried shinobi treasure when?

>twitter.com/WargleQM/status/755149630833254400

Obviously it's a rabbit shrine since it's burrowed.

But in the Latin alphabet, the Sage of Six Paths starts with an I

>Legends about sand worms.
>Talking about ninja eugenics.

I'm getting a lot of Dune vibes. And I like it.

youtube.com/watch?v=2B6jgkcANRE