Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GHnfX1RmZX8
youtube.com/watch?v=gJCY9IIZBx8
youtube.com/watch?v=RCN2YOgPCYE
youtube.com/watch?v=Eo1SzVoa4AU
docs.google.com/document/d/1F9fxJuxL7dU3pDMtyrTfJrsXOws_6WRfxnxuKwvsF7Y/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>This is actually false.
Nope. Because you have to pay extra to give anyone a decent amount of magic.

>Also false.
Yeah, no it's not. Before, Minor Magic cost 1 point to buy as Learned. Now it costs 2. Meaning Getting both a Minor and Major before was 3 points, not it's 4. I can fucking count, don't bullshit with me.

I think the lower tier options are worthless. If I'm paying to give people magic, I want a magical world. I don't want an extremely small number of people to magical. That disgusts me morally and doesn't imbue any sense of fantasy into the wider world. So I only care about Learned and Everyone, and both of these are DEFINITELY more expensive.

See above. There is zero reason to nerf learned.

Bah, of course I post at the end of the thread.

Attached is 0.9.1 of the DLC. The only thing changed since the last is the system for assigning magic to species. If any anons want to read it over and tell me if it's shit, I'd appreciate it. I mean, I know the last version system was shit, I just don't know if this is less so.

You can page search to "Assigning Magic"; that and the next section, "Magic Balance". 1 page in total. You don't need to read the "Defining Magic" section, though of course you can if you like.

General overview:
Giving "Everyone" magic is more expensive than before
Giving "Rare" magic is less expensive than before
Giving Learned/Common Innate magic is the same as before
Much more flexible
HOPEFULLY clearer\simpler.

"Balanced" layouts such as "Primary Antagonist" and "Coalition" still cost exactly +0 balance overall, and if you balance magic evenly between allies and enemies, then you will get +0 balance.

Which version are you comparing to? 0.4? It hasn't been 1 point to buy magic for humans in a long time.

>Giving Learned/Common Innate magic is the same as before
Lie. I'd paste the quote if your formatting didn't cause it to be a single letter every line.

Third sentence at the top of "Magic of the People" in version 0.9

It says 1 *level* in the sentence, not one *point*. Levels are 2 points if you read further, such as under "Extra".

I'm not lying about my own CYOA, and I assure you I know it better than you do. There was no such nerf, you simply misunderstood the previous version. Which is, ironically, one of the reasons I'm trying to make it simpler.

Extra implies no such thing. It only costs you 2 points to change one level beyond what the above options do. Things like this being slightly more expensive is not uncommon at all.

So even if your 'intent' was such, your CYOA never actually said that. That mistake is entirely on you. However, that mistake made a far better CYOA, because it makes no sense for Minors to cost the same as Majors, didn't penalize wide over tall magic specialization, and generally fit better with the 7 point count of the old version.

>Lie. I'd paste the quote if your formatting didn't cause it to be a single letter every line.
As an aside, if you actually download the pdf and view it in acrobat, you can copy/paste without the letters being weird. I have no idea why.

You can still *perfectly* replicate Coalition or Primary Antagonist in the new system, so I really still don't understand why you're upset. Both of those examples require a balance between enemies and allies, and under the new system, the cost of *any* balanced distribution is ZERO. Literally the change is that you are no longer limited to picking between the pre-configured balanced options.

As for Minors costing the same as majors, they never have, and they never will. In the new system, you have to buy the minor in order to buy the major, so you end up spending more if you want the major.

>because it makes no sense for Minors to cost the same as Majors, didn't penalize wide over tall magic specialization
Neither of these things happened in the old version or the new version. I'm sorry that you thought that levels and points were the same thing. I acknowledge that could be confusing, which is exactly why I am fixing it.

In both versions, getting two minor magics costs the same as getting one major magic.

>As for Minors costing the same as majors, they never have, and they never will.
Bullshit. They cost two points for both. This disadvantages people who want wider access to magic (because they are by far weaker) over people who stack a few majors (because they will have much stronger magic). Minors only costing one point would solve this issue.

I give up, the odds of the expansion being posted are slim to none. I guess I should just be happy we got what we did.

Yes, but you have to buy the minor to get the major now, which means you're spending 4 points if you want to get the Major, and 2 points to get the minor.

Not coincidentally, this is *exactly* the same ratio as in the main CYOA. You have to spend twice as many points to get the major magic as to get the minor. No one complained about breadth upon seeing the fact that Minor Magic cost 5 points to get and Major Magic cost 10 in the CYOA.

So, getting access to one major magic costs exactly the same as getting access to two minor magics. This has been the case in the primary CYOA, and in the DLC, in every iteration that I have published since the beginning.

You're not going to appease everybody.

And I'm telling you that it's better to make granting minor magics cheaper in the DLC. Because there is zero reason to give someone two minors over a single major because you're getting equal cost for much less power and ability. The two main competing strategies should be getting a few majors vs getting a number of minors, yet the versatility offered by a number of minors doesn't live up to buying majors with the same number of points.

No, but he'd be an idiot to ignore criticism for the sake of sycophants.

Yeah, but I more want to clarify for anyone else reading. Thanks, though.

In that case: criticism noted, appreciated, but not incorporated.

2 minors = 1 major is a fundamental design principle that has been with this project from the very beginning, and it's not something I'm going to change.

A poorly-balanced principle.

I don't think I've seen you actually utilize any criticism, which makes your 'open' attitude a bit of a false visage.

I should also note for readers that you can *still* give humanity as much breadth and depth as you would like, without limit. As long as you are giving a Major Threat the same breadth and depth, the cost will be 0. That's why it's "balance".

Well, off the top of my head, I reinstated higher levels of Impervious when people complained about me changing it, toned down some drawbacks when they were noted to be too harsh, changed of conditions on drawbacks as well, tweaked quests to be more doable in response to criticism, added options for inheritable abilities upon request, added literally dozens of options that people asked for...

I could go back through my notes to find more if you like.

On the other hand, what criticism, besides your own, haven't I taken to heart or incorporated in some way?

Pretty much anything asking you to change the structure or pricing of a system.

I can't bring to mind any examples of that, other than, again, your very specific complaint.

Can you give me anything more to go on, here? Or is this just a vague feeling you have about my attitude extrapolated from the fact that I'm not going to overhaul my entire system based on the input of one user who disagrees with my balance principles?

Most recently, the change to the magic and race sections, even before this time.

Mmm, yes; I know what you are referring to, now. However, when the situation is that:

Several anons post saying that they like change
Several anons post saying that they don't like the change

which was the case for both of the examples you give,

then I tend to go with the option that I prefer and think make for a better system. One cannot be accused of ignoring input when the input is mixed and diametrically opposed.

In contrast, the one example I can think of truly united feedback was when I "nerfed" Impervious. Seeing that half a dozen anons or more hated the change, and none felt the opposite, I reversed the change pretty much immediately.

The reason I can't take this current criticism as something worth considering, is that it's a criticism that should have been made during the original CYOA, if breadth/depth is an issue now, then it should have been an issue then, and I'm not going to overhaul the entire thing, which would require altering the primary CYOA majorly to stay in line with it; something I will absolutely not do.

Ok I just saw the broken build from last thread, I am going to take a spin at that Brilliance!

>souless=personalit death
For most people it would drastically change their moral outlook, but the core of their personality (habbits, likes, dislikes, etc)and memories would still be there.

Theyre not the same, but that's not personality death either

>Theyre not the same
>but that's not personality death
Wrong

If a normal human being were to suddenly become a sociopath magically, which is essentially what is happening here, then in my mind they wouldn't be the same person. Hence my use of the phrase "personality death".

No?

Still considering giving people points for writefagging/increasing the amount of penalty points you can take in the main cyoa?

Yes, to both. Opinions were pretty divided on the first; going to at least sleep on it before deciding anything.

Are you the same now as when you were 8 years old?

Wait, don't answer that

That me is dead.

>Innate
>Weak
>Renegades

>Strength 2
>Agility 2
>Endurance 2
>Durability 3
>Enhanced Senses 2
>Stealth 1
>Reflexes 3
>Immunity 2
>Stylish 1
>Self Healing 2
>Weapon Mastery 1 (Katana)
>Weapon Master 1 (Handgun)
>Overcharge 1
>Analysis 1
>Passion 1
>Powerburst 2
>Unarmed Mastery (Karate)
25+3 from Valuable =28

>Unique Weapon (super sharp and strong katana)
>Boot Camp
>Safehouse
>Reputation (from John York foe)
>Defector (from Renegades) Fiona Dawley
>Valuable
>Lindsey Reyes
>Jim Boyce
>John York

>be seemingly normal girl
>get kidnapped by human traffickers who want to prostitute me
>get rescued by "supersoldiers" who recognize my hidden potential and been tracking me
>they help me awaken my hidden powers and train me to fight
>become ninja vigilante who fights crime and evil organizations
>quickly execute criminals who are sorryfor their crimes, brutally torture unrepentant ones
>Jim helps with crime connections and muscle, Lindsey helps with more sophisticated evil organizations by hacking them
>eventually Fiona the investigative reporter finds out a little about me and helps by defending vigilantes and calling out criminals
>I'm still valuable to human traffickers who are after me and hire John to hunt me down, so always on the run

Rivers, twice, and all.

Hey, hey.

Still like the build. Don't understand why the human traffickers are stupid enough to keep coming after you, though. Do they not know you are superpowered?

You're just playing with English language. There is continuity of being. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

Please don't feed the attention whore, we'll end up with an infestation.

>tfw Turbo Autism keeps you from making builds unless you've got an image to work off of

Making Zombie Funguy is suffering.

What's worse is you're feeding namefags attention and helping them to spread.

Honestly it's like a vicious cycle. Namefags beget attentionwhores who beget namgefags or become them.

>become them
Don't act retarded, user. Namefags are attention whores by definition.

Goku
Innate / Peak Human / Renegades (Z - Fighters)

31 (Valuable + Traitor)
Strength 3
>28
Durability 3
>25
Agility 3
>22
Directed Energy Attack 3
>19
Overcharge 3
>16
Training 3
>13
Passion 3
>10
Self Healing 2
>8
Focus 2
>6
Flight 2
>4
Endurance 2
>2
Inheritable 1
>1
Unarmed Mastery 1
>0

Defector (Free)
Unique Weapon (Spirit Bomb)
Transport (Nimbus)
Charisma

Valuable Traitor

- Allies
Ryan Elmore (Krillin)
Samuel Mason (Master Roshi)
Hannah Caldwell - Charismatic - (Gohan)
Olivia Blake - Foe Perk - (Piccolo)
The Prototype - Defector - (Lord Beerus

Derek Hall (Yajirobe)

youtube.com/watch?v=GHnfX1RmZX8
youtube.com/watch?v=gJCY9IIZBx8
youtube.com/watch?v=RCN2YOgPCYE
youtube.com/watch?v=Eo1SzVoa4AU

How does this look guys? Should I cut back on my allies or something? I dont know maybe go factionless instead of renegade?

Origin: Innate.
Appearance: Athletic.
Faction: The Agency.
Perks: Expert, Safe House, Authority, Identity, Defector(Clone), Signing Bonus, Boot Camp.
Drawbacks: Hated, Valuable, Uncanny, Traitor(Big Mike), Body Guard, Limited, Controlled, Aging, Memory Loss,.
Allies: Lindsey Reyes, Clone, Jim Boyce.
Enemies: Fiona Dawley, Immortal, Unknown, Big Mike.
Abilities Total Points(52):Important stuff to be unlocked by Limited first, Mind Reading 3, Mind Control 3, Social Enhancer 2, Inheritable 3, Training 2, Stealth 1, Self Recovery 2. Now the rest, Training 3, Mental 3, Focus 3, Agility 3, Endurance 2, Durability 3, Enhanced Senses 2, Stealth 2, Reflexes 2, Immunity 2, Self Healing 3, Unarmed Mastery 2, Flight 3, Directed Energy Attack 3, Overcharge 3, Analysis 2.
I will post a better broken build story to go with this abomination, I will admit I am kicking myself for not thinking of it before, but I was on a gimmick craze.
Looks about right. But I don't get why The Prototype would be Lord Berus. I would have taken off Passion 3 and made Unarmed Mastery 3, and Flight 3. We aren't Hercule Satan and Goku shouldn't need a backpack. Not to say his dumbass wouldn't want one, but you get the point.

>The Prototype would be Lord Berus
Beerus is roughly similiar to the Prototype and I couldnt figure out who else I could translate into a DBZ character. I dont even have Vegeta or Majin Buu so im actually a bit frustrated.

>I would have taken off Passion 3
A big part of DBZ is how determined and emotional you are during a fight. Stuff like Super Saiyan is triggered by intense emotions

>Unarmed Mastery 3,
Goku didnt invent his fighting style and I only have a limited amount of points to buy what I need for the build

>Flight 3.
You see their Ki when they fly

>Goku shouldn't need a backpack.
What do you mean? I dont get it maybe im stupid or somehting

Failure isn't immoral. Failing deliberately is, but you shouldn't feel immoral if you tried and still failed.

You could easily write your build so that's the case. Considering Ira is in something of a weakened state compared to when she first faced the witch, and you are only a half-dragon meaning you are probably weaker than she was, and neither of you really have a plan for making the witch actually undo the curse even if you manage to capture her, Failure is definitely a strong possibility.

You could also take the route of bringing up all of these concerns with Ira and decide that it would be better to live with the curse than risk making things even worse without a proper plan. Take no action now (and let the opportunity slip by) and find a safer way to do it later.

Should have linked

>You could write your build so you become something you don't want to be for the sake of damning another character.
Stupid from the perspective of a player.

>You could convince someone that literal mindrape is okay and they should totally give in to the evil magic forcing them to be someone they're not.
Just plain monstrous.

Ok so here I am thinking I'll just be used by the Agency to promote the program. Uncanny and my Athletic build has made me known as Ken when in Boot Camp. So I'll be Using my Unnatural charm to sway Fiona while simultaneously subtly planting suggestions into her mind that we can be friends, when finishing the set I walk out with my Handler Jim Boyce and meet my Clone. After convincing Jim to not report my Clone and help me take him to the Safe house, we figure out my Clone has Strength 3, Agility 3, Endurance 2, Unarmed Mastery 2, Inheritable 3, and Strength 3. Basically I am the Face of the Duo while my Clone is Close Combat Monster with Kung Fu. After a hardcore training montage of a few weeks and unlocking each others powers to the max, giving each other powers, and pushing them past their supposed limits( I can get this time by using my Authority to delegate shit to the recruits, and using the most important power I need to pull this off Money, to make sure I am not disturbed by using bribes, when not taking body guard shifts(Knocks out Limited and deals with Body Guard respectively)) to go out on a report about the Immortal. I use my new found Ninja skills with Stealth and my natural charm Social Enhancer, to calm him down so we can negotiate. After Making friends with the Immortal I bring him to the hideout and with the assistance of my Clone fix his damaged mind by healing him with a combo of Self Healing, Inheritable 3, and our own medical knowledge based on the equipment and information I acquired thanks to the signing bonus, so that he in turn can use inheritable on me and my Clone so that whenever we die we can just get back up later better than ever(this will naturally remove aging as it is no longer relevant, though I still will, then proceed to die again to get back up). Big Mike will be dealt with personally seeing as we went to the same boot camp, Between Jim and this nice hacker we picked up(Lindsey). Running out of space.

By backpack my dumbass meant a jetpack, don't know what I was on about.

Its the Ki aura not an actual jet back

As we were last left on Lindsey and Jim helping me find Big Mike as he was a good friend in training(my Clone is either with the body guard target or I am at all times at this point, rumors of an assassin going around, thank fully we are both FULLY prepared for damn near anything), we found out that Big Mike was lied to by the Unknown. He was being used to take out big name super soldiers that were trying to integrate into society, by attacking their homes while wearing a Luchador Mask working for the Mexican cartels. After resolving his situation, cleaning up the cartel catpaws of the Unknown, and fixing the damages, I also gave Mike a fix up like the Immortal so he was no longer slow and gave him a room to crash in at my place(I trust him enough to not rat out my Clone and they start training sessions while am gone) in the interest of getting out of the perpetual dude hole my safe house has become I went on a date with Lindsey to a fancy restaurant recommended by Jim to Celebrate getting my old comrade back. While at the restaurant though we were attacked by some more masked wrestlers sent by the Unknown(don't ask why I just threw it out as a idea for Big Mike and though fuck it, its a thing now.) After beating them and protecting Lindsey and the other patrons I find the hideout that the Unknown uses as a screening area for assistant assassins. After taking Lindsey home for some "quiet time"(getting her sound proof walls...and windows) I go to collect Big Mike, my Clone, and the Immortal whom was over for a late poker night while I was on a date. I think I am running out of room so one last post for backstory of FUN!
I know, I was making a reference to the Budokai games and how Hercule would use a jet pack to fly around like everyone else.

For those who want to go beyond the impossible and kick point limits to the curb.
Because everyone will just pick A.

F

Just kidding. A.

I'm going You're Batshit Insane mode.
E.

B

Hey all. I'm trying to refind a specific monster girl CYOA. It has five or six monsters to choose from, and then each monster has their own CYOA page of choices for them. I remember that some of the choices were a succubus, a slime, one that lives in your head, one that has multiple bodies like a hive mind, and a harvest god or whatever that is real good at baking. While I'm waiting, I'll dump what I got. Thanks all!

With the 3 amigos loaded and ready to bare, we infiltrated the Unknown hideout and had a cat and mouse game similar to a certain wereboar assassin and his hijinks. This ended after repeated taps into his subconscious to make him an ally with my mind control and pheromones. After turning my Assassin to my side, having him give me and my clone his shape shifting abilities through liberal use of Inheritable 3 to give him that ability as well, we become perfect shape shifters(removes more or less Uncanny). After gaining this ability, I will continue working for the Agency while hiding my power level for a few years, using my resent show of bringing in enemies as allies to get a promotion, I use it as an excuse to have my Control node removed and my Body Guard status finished, removing my collar. As I get on in years marrying Lindsey, hiding my Clone, faking the ageing process while I look like a Ken doll from Uncanny so no one expects, I declare my replacement from a new batch of recruits if they impress me, then the Clone shape shifted and using our new Identity and our full powers blows the competition out of the water he takes my position, along with a new signing bonus. With my retirement secure and my higher ups none the wiser to my immortality I give some of my powers to Lindsey over the years and tell her our plan to fake my death and turning into my Clones new identity, with him being able to grease the wheels and get her a new identity too, we fake our deaths in a terrorist attack by Luchadors with explosives. After our burial and my Clone giving me a new identity when I come to work for the Agency, we become the badass hero team that fights planet destroying tyrants, while Lindsey is learning to use her powers from the Immortal(now a class teacher at Collage), the 4 of us have great adventures for ever and ever. Ok done, a completely justified ending and results, Luchadors not withstanding. I blame lack of sleep.

You guys need to post a Cyoa first.
Also how did I do?

No we don't

B

>You guys need to post a Cyoa first.
Uh, no? Read the rules.

If you insist.

That's Branching Heart. Go to the pastebin in the OP, find Beri's drive, and it'll be there.

Wanna hang out with a un-ageing god? I am hereI may consider giving you immortality if you weren't so homicidally unstable, but I can work on that.

This reminds me. What happens if the wish is Love, a person picks Boy, and the ward falls in love with him?

Thank you friend! I figured it was in there somewhere, just didn't know where. Now I'll continue dumping.

Rolled 1, 3, 3, 1, 2, 4, 2, 4 = 20 (8d4)

Points to spend: 300
Dice I need to roll:
Type: 1d4
Special Powers: 2d4 (one for each row)
Gear: 1d4
Armor: 1d4
Training: 1d4
Companion: 2d4 (first roll is evens/odds for first/second roll, next is column)
And I'll roll my 1d6 in the following post.
Total dice: 8d4
Rollan.

That one's already been posted, though:

... shit. That's what I get for checking every CYOA posted except for OP. Oh well, worst that'll happen is I look like a newfag. More dumping.

Yep, A.

Rolled 5 (1d6)

>Discrete body: get Diplomatic Training Free, +1 companion free.
>Invisibility: 35
>Hypnotic Waves: 25
>Radio: 5
>Iron Skin: 5
>Diplomatic Training: Free
>Evens (first row): White Shadow: Free
>Points Spent: 70
>Points Leftover: 230
Let's see what the Atomic Sneak is up against.

That's not a CYOA.

This one seems fun. Wish they had more information from the actual story though. There was that list of subclasses if you want it.

docs.google.com/document/d/1F9fxJuxL7dU3pDMtyrTfJrsXOws_6WRfxnxuKwvsF7Y/edit

>A diplomancer
>Up against zombies and psychic eyeballs.
A-at least I'm invisible and can talk good.
Wish me the best, guys.

A, even if you mock me.

Taking D.

Pocket God
|Absolute Immunity
|Absolute Will
|Concept Manipulation
|Omnipresence
|Omniscience
|Infinite Storate
|Celestial Court
|God's Spawn