Warmachine and Hordes Genera

Khador STRONK! edition

Mk3 list building: conflictchamber.com

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata:
until errata release check:
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?254662-Current-Errata-Threads

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

Previous Thread: >

Other urls found in this thread:

files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-July-1016.pdf
ringdevc.w14.wh-2.com/atc/StaticEvents/WiTC Year 1rounds.html
www84.zippyshare.com/v/KZSmmL4w/file.html
www82.zippyshare.com/v/aty1y0QI/file.html
www82.zippyshare.com/v/z7pQGy37/file.html
privateerpress.com/company/careers/privateer-press-seeks-development-assistant-0
www27.zippyshare.com/v/RkwjTrLh/file.html
twitter.com/ChainAttackJay/status/754727182216208384
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wild Adventure when?

How do I beat a Darius Stormwall list with Cyclones? My weapon masters literally can't close the gap, and I immediately lose if I can't kill the collosus in one turn.

What pt level are you playing at, what army are you playing, and whats his list

Faction?

As Menoth.

Currently have:
Kreoss 1
Feora 1 & 2
Vindictus
2 Crusader
Vanquisher
Reckoner
3 Repenter
2 Devout
TFG w/ UA
Cleansers w/UA
Zealots w/ UA
Vengers
Cinerators
Errants w/ UA
Idrians w/ UA
Reclaimer
Hierophant
Wracks
2 Vassals
Covenant

And some useless pirates.

amon + 10 warjacks will make him sad

Got Legion, which other Hordes faction looks promising?

Alten Ashley or some other source of Grievous Wounds. Apply it the turn you go in, so he can't feat to repair it. Then just finish killing it next turn.

Skorne ;D

Yeah, if you had the jacks an Amon list would give him fits. My current list runs eight heavies

How is rhulic looking in MK3?

Insanely good. Gunbunnies love Power Up, and all their jacks are now Sturdy and some steady.

gunbunnies?

whats the basis of a good 75 pt cephalyx list? theres looking to be a journeyman league going around me soon and i need to get back into the game

Are Cephalyx any good? I love the aesthetic but I don't want to commit to yet another tabletop game if they're just plain bad.

While shit is kind of crazy right now, faction balance in general in Warmahordes is very good. However, this is contrasted with the fact that the game has a pretty steep learning curve. Like, especially if you play competitively, you're going to lose a shitload before you get good.

One problem is that Cephalyx aren't really a faction in and of themselves, they're a subset of Mercs. So if you're learning to play competitively, you can't just do Celph, you'll need to expand out.

As far as where they stand, they've all about large amounts of decently tough, but ultimately disposable troops backed up by super strong casters. They're heavily reliant on a couple key pieces to make their lists work though, so if your opponent can snipe those pieces out your game gets much worse.

If I wanted to make a Menoth list heavy on infantry, what's a good way to go about it? I figure Errants are always a good start, but what else would help out?

>As Menoth.
Apply no less than 2 buffed heavies.

THEY FINALLY BUFFED KARA! SHE'S FINALLY PLAYABLE! I THOUGHT SHE WOULD REMAIN UTTER TRASH THROUGHOUT ALL OF MK3

files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-July-1016.pdf

Infantry heavy you want to probably go with Severious1, Kreoss1, Vindictus, or Thyra. High reclaimer and testament too, but I haven't played those. Errants are good, with Defender's Ward and Seneschal they can get to arm 20 in melee. Idrians are pretty good with a defense buff too. Thyra loves her some Daughters and Flamebringers. Actually Flamebringers are probably one of the better troops we have. My Thyra list rocks a full squad and two Daughters, and is in the opponents deployment zone on turn two.

As people have pointed out, Fire Group instead of Guided Fire with the feat isn't nearly the buff it was rumored, because why she doesn't always need FG, she almost always wants Guided Fire.

Marginal buff at best. Ups her efficiency slightly and smooths out her order of activation, but now all her shooting is limited to where her warjacks can walk during their activations rather than wherever the flying fuck they feel like being when she pops feat.

Fire Group often doesn't matter, and she still has to cast Guided Fire, so she's got a whopping 3 focus to split between herself and her warjacks. Yeah that's three more damage boosts from the battlegroup, but only if she didn't want them for her own shots, isn't upkeeping Refuge, and is ok camping zero.

It also makes the second shot boostable. Which is one major huge gigantic change.

If there are enough focus points

>It also makes the second shot boostable.
Again, after Guided Fire which she will be casting 99% of the time, she's only got 3 focus. Unless she's going for the all-in assassination from downtown she will be keeping 1-2 of that for her own use.

>after Guided Fire which she will be casting 99% of the time, she's only got 3 focus
RAT6-7 jacks with access to Rangers, aiming and the GMCA don't need boosted to-hit all the time.

They need it a lot more then they need the +2RNG most times.

And there's the real fact that if she's boosting her own gun, that's focus she's not giving out. If she's going to boost herself twice, that's 1 focus to give out. She can take the focus bot instead of Reinholt, sure, but then she's losing out on that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming that she's not powerful or that the feat isn't good. But there's a huge difference between her casting Guided Fire for free, which was the rumor, and her casting Fire Group for free.

>They need it a lot more then they need the +2RNG most times.
Oh no doubt about that

There is also the point about losing the +2/+2 on the additional shot. I think with that, it's not that much of a buff anymore.

I still think it's overall a buff because it solves a lot of wonky OoA issues for her, especially her assassination. She can just activate and feat now, without having to worry about models being in the right position beforehand, getting shadowfire out, rangers out, etc, etc, etc.

Yay! Spawning vessel still is not man sized.

Could be intended. Was it ever fun-sized?

>he will be casting 99% of the time, she's only got 3 focus. Unless she's going for the all-in assassination from downtown she will be keeping 1-2 of that for her own use.

You mean 3 FOC plus 1 from the squire plus 1 from Arlan for a total of number of Jack + 5 full boosted shoots ?

She can't take Reinholt and the Squire.

Newfag trying to make his first list and probably identifiable at this point. My goal is to make something functional, but still with stuff I want to play, aesthetically-speaking:

25 point list: 19
Baldur Stonecleaver +31WB (0WB)
Woldwatchers x2 -18WB
Woldguardian -13WB +4PC
Wolves of Orboros x10 +11PC
WoO Officer & Standard +4PC

Could anyone suggest how I could fill these remaining six points? Or if I should get rid of the officer for X?

It depends on how you want to build her, if you want to cast Guided Fire every turn (you play Dynamo for example) and upkeep Refuge I think Squire is better.

>squire
Then she doesn't have Reinholdt, so she's down one of her swanky POW14 weaponmaster shots, fair trade. Squire is also a point more expensive, which actually can matter a lot.

>Arlan
How much support bloat are we assuming she's taking? She needs something to clear infantry and a GMCA or two, on top of her requisite 5ish mixed Defender/Hunter battlegroup.

Infantry didn't stop existing in mk3 as much as the memesters might try to convince you otherwise. You're looking at probably 25 or more points of your list going towards not losing to any of the big infantry fuckballs that still exist.

I'm about to drop a big secret when it comes to Baldur1: The Wold warbeasts (except for Megalith and Woldwrath) are actually garbage with him, his spell list is inexplicably tailored to making Warpwolves great.

On top of that, Woldwatchers are legitimately garbage all the time and you'll kick yourself for buying them.

Get a pair of Blackclads (or more optimally 1 Blackclad and Lanyssa Ryssyl), they have an ability called Hunter's Mark which makes your stuff charge father.

>his spell list is inexplicably tailored to making Warpwolves great
And the spear tosser chicks.

>How much support bloat are we assuming she's taking? She needs something to clear infantry and a GMCA or two

No she doesn't her BG naturaly see stealth.

>Support bloat
She play 2 solo.

(Sloan 1) Captain Kara Sloan [+28]
- Squire [5]
- Dynamo [18]
- Defender [16]
- Firefly [8]
- Firefly [8]
- Hunter [11]
- Hunter [11]
Storm Lances (max) [20]
Captain Arlan Strangewayes [4]

I made this list at random and pratically she has good anti infantry and anti heavy potential. If you tailor the list you can pull out something a lot better.

>No she doesn't her BG naturaly see stealth.
You take him for Shadow Fire you dumb nigger, if you don't have that you project almost zero assassination threat unless you're running the ten kerjillion Hunter variant, which is bad for other reasons.

Also that list is the limp flaccid dick of Mk3 gunlines. You've clearly got no idea what you're talking about.

>woldwatchers
I would have figured their range was nice and having a way to make forests for Baldur was natural together. But I'm sure you know more than me.

You are the idiot that build for assassination with a caster that can win on attrition.

How much you think your GMCA will stand alive on the field being the only idiot your enemy anti infantry can threat ?

>Also that list is the limp flaccid dick of Mk3 gunlines.

If you are not an idiot and take time to read I told that I made the list in 5 sec. and a list that can remove a colossal just feating while keeping good anti infantry is not so stupid.

ringdevc.w14.wh-2.com/atc/StaticEvents/WiTC Year 1rounds.html

Wisconsin state championships, team event. Skorne did really, REALLY shit. Results for Skorne locks outside mirrors are:

>Xekaar
1-0
>Hexeris1
0-1
>Hexeris2
0-3
>Makeda2
1-0
>Makeda3
2-1
>Rasheth
0-4
>Xerxis1
1-1
>Naaresh
0-1

Like damn son, Skorne went 4-11.

>Makeda3
>2-1
The dark horse effect is real.

But just look at Rasheth. That poor fat bastard that everyone rated so highly flunked hard.

S K O R N E
K
O
R
N
E

Oh yes. The list and caster is everything. No player ever was shitter at the game than their opponent.

Yeah. If you could update the sticky...

Errata is out now...

We have very little data right now, so it could be either or multiple of those.

Rasheth is Skorne-good, not regular good.

You know you can't edit Veeky Forums posts, right?

Admittedly, most of Rasheth's losses were played by an all-girl team who came last.

>Skorne-good
>not regular good
That would be funny if it didn't hurt so much

It's funny because it hurts so much.

This is my first attempt at a MK3 list with the Protectorate:

Severius2 (Hierarch Severius)

Blessing of Vengeance
Hand of Judgment
Reckoner
Reckoner
Wrack
Wrack
Wrack
Vassal of Menoth
Choir of Menoth max
Exemplar Errants max
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord

Congratulations, you successfully made a list.

Thanks, bruhmalaya.

Humbly requesting Wrath of the Dragonfather, Into the wild (Malcontents 2) and Acts of War: Flashpoint :)

What are you talking about?

Sent :)

About links to download these books if any one have and is willing to share.

Oh sorry, I'm in the wrong sub

Consider me shocked. Shocked i say.

i had no clue skorne would preform so horribly. every time i had any worry, i just listened to the forumites who told me there wasnt enough data.

I guess there still isnt enough data. data only counts when its positive right? right?????

No one could have predicted this. we need more data. this doesnt count.

You're on the wrong site entirely

What is each faction's goal?

I think I had Wrath of the Dragonfather. I'll check in 3-4 hours and answer here.

Great, thank you :)

seconding,can that kind user who dropped the book links do so again I beg. He asked that they be put in the op so I assumed I'd be able to find them there later

>Newbie playing Baldur1
So big thing here is, despite being one of the "wold casters" in the fluff, Baldur1 doesn't really like Wolds that much. He can use them, but they're not that great, and the watchers and guardians are some of the least versatile of the bunch.

What you generally want to do starting out is instead grab some things that both work well with the caster you're interested in, but will also find a use in other lists you'll build and with other casters. More bang for your buck, and so on. Try this:

Baldur1 (+31)
- Megalith [20]
- Feral Warpwolf [18]
- Wild Argus [7]
Wolves of Orboros (min) [7]
Reeve Hunter [4]

That gives you a solid battlegroup of models you'll find uses for in lots of lists, a cheap jam unit to screen your heavies, and a combat solo that's great for holding a flank or hunting other solos. It should hold up well into other "battlebox + 25" type lists, and you're not buying anything that's going to collect dust.

Is this first phase grief or third?

Found this in my history
www105.zippyshare.com/v/prCaH3AL/file.html

I'm going to be moving to Detroit soon, wondering if anyone knows of any good places to play this game in the area?

>I'm going to be moving to Detroit soon
Why???

You are awesome! Big thanks :)

And this one:
www74.zippyshare.com/v/jN87SeCl/file.html

Read this one but still many thanks for sharing :)

Money, education, family, career opportunities in the field in which I want to work. Trust me, it's better than where I am now.

Them being fury 2, mat/rat 5, and inexplicably more expensive than much better warbeasts doesn't really help.

On the bright side, Cryx went 3-0!

cant wait to try this

I have it, yes. Here it is:
> Zchary C.Parker - Wrath of the Dragonfather.zip
> www84.zippyshare.com/v/KZSmmL4w/file.html

Also, restrain yourself from using emoticons like ":)" on Veeky Forums, please. They aren't welcome here and cause a negative reaction.

suffering, Skorne player

Already delivered by nice user above but still thank you. If you have other titles requested it would be great. BTW had not know that emotikons are unwelcomed. I will remember next time.

In fact, I do have them. Here:

> Aeryn Rudel - Acts of War I - Flashpoint.zip
> www82.zippyshare.com/v/aty1y0QI/file.html

> Larry Correia - Into the Wild.zip
> www82.zippyshare.com/v/z7pQGy37/file.html

Skorne players quick!

privateerpress.com/company/careers/privateer-press-seeks-development-assistant-0

Big thanks again!

Oh neat, you'll be able to make Skorne good in time for Mk4.

On the reverse end, at the Rocky Mountain Rumble, Skorne placed in the top 8

Thanks for Flashpoint m8.

Wild Adventure coming up.
www27.zippyshare.com/v/RkwjTrLh/file.html

Do we know any lists?

twitter.com/ChainAttackJay/status/754727182216208384

Huh, not what I'd expect

pMorg makes Soldiers pretty insane.

But Bloodrunners?

Whats the logic behind having the glad on the lesser warlock?

Someone got fired.

PP runs a skeleton crew, bare minimum required. Next book release we should see one less name in the credits.

They're probably the best jam unit in Skorne thanks to Stealth, AD, and their abilities. Combined with the Master Tormentors, they should shred most single wound infantry.

Spam Rush, alleviate Morg1's fury problems, and have a separate hard hitting module that can contest late game if need be.

Taking control of wild warbeasts is also super easy. Basically no penalty if glyph need to do it

Whats the salary?