/HHG/

Rolled 2 (1d20)

dropcock-layz-pusslaser Edition
By the tears of the fourth the sun shall rise Sub-Edition
Last time on Mercury Hydrate I asked about flags, user wanted to drop in some anti-tank, dreadclaws were stuffed in boxes, then a long and skubby argument about the dubious based-ness of chinaman happened. Then we worked out how each legions mini's should smell. Iron Hands hate Ferrobeasts, Iron Warriors have honour, and Draykavac is a narcissistic bastard. Ordo reductor couldn't decide which artillery to take. Someone posted SoS and Sallies want blue flames. Then we rounded off the thread with a discussion about the new Lords of War.
Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Age of Darkness Army List: mediafire.com/download/f0c2pnieoijyrqk/Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness Army List.pdf
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qx8hrhBZJ98
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What would you stuff in a Stormlord?

My Earthshaker Cannon would perforate its rear hatch. I would teach that slutty open-topped sissy tank a thing or two about having a limp mega-bolter that can only function properly when being held down and getting reamed from behind.

Seriously though I'd probably just fill it with tacticals, any self-respecting Iron Warrior would do the same.

Grave Wardens. Keeps them safe from medusas, they can still shoot their grenade launchers out of it, and if any chucklefuck gets clever ideas about chainfists/meltabombs then loloverwatch with a wall of poison.

15 inductii, apothecary, 10 red butchers, angron, surlak, praetor

Serious question though - if you take one of those (or any of the other optional super-heavys) in a legion list, would it benefit from all the rules and upgrades available as a result of your legion and/or RoW, especially considering that they're able to take a space marine crew upgrade. Would an IH Stormlord gain IWND, would a BA one be able to take a pintle-mounted assault cannon for a little additional BRRRT, could a WS one benefit from Swift Action?

Too bad, the stormlord doesn't count as open topped for the damage table roll

I got a better one for you, sacrifical right of war out flanking storm lord turn 2.....cause if your running that your running an adl with coma relay swarming with cultists.

Can i using shattered legions rules for compile an army, including the Endryd Haar (World Eaters Loyalist) and Shadrak Meduson?

>Not filling it with 20 Iron Havocs carrying Lascannons
Absolutely_Decimated.gif

Do dudes in a superheavy count as stationary for shooting? I know the vehicle does, but not sure about anyone being transported.

I am well aware of this. That was not the point.

If it blows up they die. They do not want to charge. I'd rather stick them in a real fortification/trench and let the tacticools take turns getting reamed.

Then again, I guess they could just sit there jerking off, but I'd rather spend my LoW slot on something gangster like a Stormsword.

Is the legion fellblade any good? I'm debating getting one vs a glaive, and a big thing against the glaive is its point cost.

If you think the Glaive costs too many points, your army is probably too small. Get whichever looks cooler, even if they are good today they might be nerfed tomorrow.

I mean, at 2.5k points I can fit the fellblade + upgrades, whereas the glaive goes in bare.

And 2.5k is usually what I play at with my group.

Your group are pussies, Apocalypse or bust!!

Not everyone can commit to day-long matches :(

My last 4k game only lasted for only two turns. I think I have taught my opponent not to spend all of his points into a few units of terminators when I can just shoot them with demolisher cannons and medusas.

Just getting into 30k

I plan on playing death guard and just spamming infantry, a mix of power armor, terminators, and drednaughts. All of it foot slogging.

How fucked am I?

How do you feel about siciran venators?

EXTREMELY fucked.

That's very disappointing to hear. From what I've seen people just end up spamming super heavies and terminators, I don't see a point to it. I was hoping this wasn't the norm.

I have no clue what that is

Well no, you're not THAT fucked. It depends a little who and what you're facing, as well as what you're actually fielding. Footslogging terminators are usually so-and-so, some Legion-specific ones are amazing at shooting but the Death Guard ones usually benefit from transports. Tacticals and HW can drudge around a bit, just make sure to add appropriate characters to support them, like apothecaries for your tactical blobs.

Sicaran Venators are anti-tank tanks. They're pretty cool.

Thanks for filling in for me, Uni. I think had a dream with a plastic Spartan, or it was either a Webway War themed board game.

Sicaran venator's party trick is if it damages a vehicle, that vehicle can only snapshoot. The bane of footslogging lists is the typhon siege tank which fires a S10 AP2 Ignores Cover pieplate; a venator can potentially keep that pieplate from firing.

I might end up going with something like that to bust open armor.

I really like the idea of waves after waves of power armor getting the job done. I understand I can basically give my blob squads fnp and a 5+ cover save at practically all times.

Let's say they survive the onslaught, I'm not sure if they can actually get work done, but I love the idea of completely out numbering my opponent. I just hope I can make it work.

I thought that thing had Power of the Machine Spirit?

You can kit out most characters, including sergeants, to deal with a lot of things in some capacity, but you're still going to get your shit pushed in by artillery and true CC monsters.

That somewhat depends

If your running a reaping list you'll essentially need to be able to alpha strike anything that will shred your blobs off the table turn 1 or 2, or have a way of crippling big nasties like says. The big disadvantage of the reaping is no deepstriking, but since you can take heavy squads as troops, can now outflank entire squads of combi melta vets, and since heavy squads aren't heavy anymore you can load up on artillery, dakka dreads and tank-destroyers in your heavy support slot.

It should also be noted in a reaping list you can still take allies, who can also deepstrike, and a fortification so you can have a coms relay, so theirs nothing stopping you from drop podding in a couple squads of machine destroyer SoH vets or justaerin

On the other hand, creeping death doesn't take away your ability to DS, buffs all your missile launchers/frag grenades (including those on dreads), and gives all infantry in the open a 5+ cover save, making it one of the better hoard RoW when combined with some apothecaries and a Herald for that run/charge bonus. The no DS penalty means you can drop a leviathan/some cortus dreads into your opponents back line and thoroughly assfuck his defenses

>On the other hand, creeping death doesn't take away your ability to DS, buffs all your missile launchers/frag grenades (including those on dreads), and gives all infantry in the open a 5+ cover save, making it one of the better hoard RoW when combined with some apothecaries and a Herald for that run/charge bonus. The no DS penalty means you can drop a leviathan/some cortus dreads into your opponents back line and thoroughly assfuck his defenses

This sounds fun as fuck.

The reaping sounds really boring to be honest. I understand the appeal, but Its not aggressive enough for me.

I think I can easily off set the CC monsters, artillery could be a serious problem.

I also should have mentioned, with the new army list book you can take a knight as a LoW in a legion army, which some people might sneer at but the cover of book 4 is DG working in close concert with a knight, so whatever, but this now means you can an Acheron or Atropos (the two destroyer knights) to run along side your army.

And don't skimp out on robots either, with LA:DG they can take chemflamers and gain 4+++ vs poison, and in a reaping list the handler can take rad grenades and give the bots FC, so you'll shred high toughness models

I had a dream Abbadon was voted out of his position by the other SoH captains, Jeremy Corbyn style.

So guys i mcfucked up and bought a deimos command rhino and rhino doors. Do I make the command rhino a mars pattern and use the doors, or do I just use deimos. Alternatively, how would I convert the deimos to fit the legion door, or convert the door to fit on a deimos. Im using the salamanders doors if it matters.

Buy a Storm Eagle and use the doors for that.

Shit they match? Was planning on getting a couple eagles anyways. Thanks user.

Who took his place?

It lasted about 10 seconds, I don't know.
Either Falkus Kibre or Kalus Ekaddon I should imagine.
Is there any reference to what those two wielded in battle?

Models shooting from inside moving transports count as having moved. Cruising speed would mean snapfiring even if the model has relentless, so Stormlord garrisons wouldn't contribute a lot to shooting.

It does fuck heavy weapons, but what about VOLKITE SQUADS?

So the vote was as about as useful as pyschic powered roller skates?

Then you have to shoot all the volkite ever to make it count. Fortunately Tac Support can now buy knives, and two full squads of volkite termies can shoot from the tank, which also works as a superheavy assault transport.
If you do so, then you would swap those twin linked HB sponsons for twin linked HFlamers. Bring all the heat weapons.

The dream lasted 10 seconds, not the coup.
The stormlord says 20 models fire out the top, wouldn't that only allow 10 termies.

Fire points are by model, not by model size. Would say havoks would be best, or heavy support squad.

>The stormlord says 20 models fire out the top, wouldn't that only allow 10 termies.
I too thought about that, but wouldn't it mean that it has space for 40 models (20 termies), but 20 can shoot from it?
Bulky count as 2 models for the purposes as transport capacity, but it says 20 models can shoot from the top, and that's not capacity.
As long as their arm and guns fit through the port holes they can do it :^)

>The stormlord says 20 models fire out the top, wouldn't that only allow 10 termies.

Each terminator is an individual model. They're bulky and thus count as two models for transport capacity, but not the use of fire points, etc. Just like IG HW teams. They count as two models for transport space, but in terms of firing out of fire points, they count as single models.

It seems the Dark Angels are getting 6 rites for wings after all, and more.

>>not filling it with 40 heavy flamers and going full flamer funtimes

I knew that, a troops bay sounded like some you have to fit in, but it's worded the same way as any other vehicle.
It suits them better as the 'standard' legion.

So much more.
It's only fair that ALL legions get 6 RoWs each.
Only 20 HFlamers would get to shoot, but it's a good thought. Make it chem. Make it nocturne.
Or rather make it AP2 Torrent with an Infernus, kek.

It says 20 models can fire from there. 20 terminators is 20 models, even if they take up 40 models worth of space in the vehicle total.

>not filling it with BA assault cannon heavy support squads and becoming dakka, destroyer of worlds

15-30 S6 AP3 and another 80 S6 rending shots. Wew lad.

>Heavy
Have fun with those snap-shots.
Yes.

I definitely hope other legions get more rites as well, it'd be sad if each had access to just two or three specific ones.
I also hope they get more imaginative ones, not just "x is now troops", because we've all seen they can do it, Ironfire and Creeping Death come to my mind.
But yeah, DA already have plenty of non-standard equipment even though their rules are still half-way, even if others can't have similar stuff, I believe sir Bligh will compensate in other departments, maybe more special units (definitely for chaos-aligned legions) or some new rules expansions.

user is probably thinking the old super-heavy transport rules that let passengers fire as if they had remained stationary.

I have two copies of Betrayal at Calth, should I buy more? I don't want to miss my chance when it goes OOP.

I'd be surprised if every legion didn't have at least 5 rites by the time we get to the end of the HH

I wouldn't, 60 marines is a very good start, may want to start getting things calth cant provide depending on what you want.

>falling for the "two boxes of calth is a good starter army" meme

Shit lads, are we a 5's thread today?

>We White Scars now

Seems like it. youtube.com/watch?v=qx8hrhBZJ98 Praise the Khan.

But what about more special units? Some legions, like the EC, IW, UM, WB (and IF in a way), while other legions have two (and WE effectively only have one).
Sure, those guys could argue their extra unit would be legion-wide stuff like autosimulacra and toxic melee chainweapons, but it's not like those 3-unit legions don't have any sort of extra items or anything as well.

Actually I'm using them has two seperate armies to play with others.

My original idea was to buy 2 of every 30k box they bring out to slowly build two equally balanced cheap plastic armies.

Oh yeah definitely on the more special units front, more chaos looking guys for the traitors, not sure what else loyalists could get. Maybe even some more Blackshield units? If FW doesn't forget they exist by the next book

Sadly the 5quint has come and gone.
WS will have a jetbike unit, that's for sure. But what about the other one? WS5 Keshig termies OR these new Jetbike Slayer things/Revamped Jet Charriots?

Stormhawk cavalry, which is like thunderwolf cavalry, but White Scars.
:^)

Probably keshig, can't think of any other white scar exclusives being named in the books

If they're doing Jetbike Chariots, it would be a travesty to not give them to all legions, and I say this as a WS player

It'd be nice for them to have a shooty jetbike unit. Remember the parthians? Horse archers famous for shooting backwards, shooting you as you pursued them, as in 180°.
So, I was thinking something like special attack bikes...but those things already seem special enough 2bh.
And yes, hawks would be a very good motif.

Depends on what you need. I was perfectly happy with one, but needed 10 more tacticals and after I saw the price for the individual kits, decided to get a second one. Put the extra terminators and contemptor into good use as well. Now got 20 spare tacticals I'm either gonna trade, sell or hold onto for future project, though I feel I got all the MkIVs I need.

I think maybe only certain legions should get the Jet Chariots. EC, BA, WS just to name a few. So long as it fits thematically. I don't think the IWs would bother with them though.

IWs are cool, so are militia with surivivors or the dark age and cybernetic augments. Fuck my life.

Dark compliance or ally them.

I must remain steadfast Unification, as an IW, I need more shafting to stay loyal to my faction. FW, release the kraken upon the IW release schedule.

Decimation.

Complete decimation upon us.

Squad morale restored.

You aren't being merely steadfast, you're going full painglove on this.
Keep it up and the FW will release the Fulmentarii upgrade kit waaaaay earlier than the Tyrant models.
It'll be extremely painful...for all.

And people say we're the masochists.

People inducted in these dark times are...quirky.

It worked sadly, I'm jazzed to order some IW shoulder pads now.

I need four breacher upgrade kits and a single Dominim Ferrum construct. Followed by some rapier batteries and a fortification. Specifically the castellum bunker.

I don't think they're masochists, they just want it to get done quickly.

Nah, jetbikes themselves dont fit with armies like IW, DG, and Sallies, but they can still take them, so why not chariots?

How don't they fit with the Sallies?

The sooner it's said in stone that our release schedule is fucked, the sooner we can all go back to digging trenches and praising he artillery gods.

Based mortar shell God preserve us.

Were the Alphas loyal or not

They seem to play both sides

Alpharius=no
Omegon=yes

Or the other way round depending on how you feel, I feel like this is something they're going to reveal towards the end of the HH book series

Not sure actually, they're always one of those armies I lumped in with the rest of the "slow movers"

I guess their thing is just all fire, all the time

Depends, their primarchs where convinced that humanity had to completely fall to chaos with Horus winning the war for chaos to ultimately be defeated. They said Horus's inner nature would reveal himself to be pure at heart, he would then cast down all the gods and destroy the imperium in a final act of destruction.

So for sallies, if I am using the covenant of fire, should I disregard tacs/assaults for pyroclasts? I was thinking Pyroclasts in Storm Eagles with a pair of LR Achilles-Alpha holding the line for a Damocles Rhino. Praetor would be with pyroclasts, not too decked out

heavy flamer jetbikes yo

No heavy flamers for jetbikes, you can still take MM tho

Is there any actual evidence that either one remained loyalist? Or is it just /hhg/ speculation?

They can replace HBs with HFs

Salamanders can swap any HBolter for an HFlamer
Go nuts.

We know there was a schism between the two and that omegon was killed by alpharius

>omegon was killed by alpharius
Whaaaaaaat?
>Eskrador
Ah, gotcha ;^)

Yeah, one of them goes loyalist and the other goes traitor, alpharius goes traitor and ends up killing alpharius. But seeing as alpha legion fuckaries pervade all their lore, nobody knows for certain.

Speculation I believe, though it is telling that it was Omegon who ordered the destruction of the Alpha Legion facility that was keeping the White Scars out of the Heresy by surrounding their area in Warp-storms.

Also, on the same topic, the Mechanicum had the ability to manufacture Necrontyr warp-pylons back then....
Because that was what powered this facility, a huge array of reverse engineered Necron technology.

That tech could have come in handy later on (stabilized warp currents anyone?), but they killed all the Magi involved in the project along with a bunch of AL Marines.

>It's only fair that ALL legions get 6 RoWs each.

Well let's talk about instead of more chainaxes and phoenix spears. Here's what we know:

Dark Angels
- Ravenwing: Bikes!
- Ironwing: Tanks!
- Dreadwing: Destroyers!
- Firewing: Who the fuck knows
- Stormwing: Assault breachers with jump packs!
- Deathwing: Terminators!

Emperor's Children
- Maru Skara: Legion modus operandi
- 3rd Company Elite: Kakophoni shouting people off the board

Iron Warriors
- : Legion modus operandi
- Ironfire: Accurate ordnance, ride the iron fire

White Scars
- Chogorian Brotherhood: Legion modus operandi
- The Sagyar Mazan: Shattered Legion weirdness

Space Wolves
- ???
- ???

Imperial Fists
- Stone Gauntlet: Legion modus operandi
- Hammerfall Strike Force: Teleport and blind everyone with your bling

Night Lords
- Horror Cult: Night Raptors for everyone

Blood Angels
- The Day of Revelation: Legion modus operandi
- The Day of Sorrow: Hold the fucking fort

Iron Hands
- Head of the Gorgon: Legion modus operandi
- Company of Bitter Iron: Immortals, fuck traitors, why did you have to die Ferrus

World Eaters
- Crimson Path

Ultramarines
- Logo: Legion modus operandi
- Vigil Opertii Mission: Ultras and their human pets

Death Guard
- The Reaping: Legion modus operandi
- Creeping Death: Spooky cover saves.

Thousand Sons
- ???
- ???

Sons of Horus
- The Black Reaving: Legion modus operandi
- The Long March: Don't know what to do with all that sweet gear we've been stealing

Word Bearers
- Dark Brethren: Legion modus operandi
- Last of the Serrated Sun: Gal Vorbak and Drop Pods

Salamanders
- Promethean Cult: : Legion modus operandi
- The Awakening Fire: Scary and psychic fires.

Raven Guard
- Decapitation Strike: Legion modus operandi
- Liberation Force: Freedom fighters and the human pets

Alpha Legion
- Coils of the Hydra: Legion modus operandi
- Headhunter Leviathal: Headhunters for everyone... please? anyone?

So Veeky Forums, what do you propose as new rites for the legions that don't resort to "give x unit as troop".

Also I just noticed I didn't properly put in the original rows, sorry about that!