Warhammer 40k General

Walk like Crab, Talk like People Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>Not the FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg!NoZlTSIT
mega.nz/#F!6EZEHQqJ!gdDBPH48LYPGDccS4YaeWA!vdI1xYzR
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder that before they became robots, the Necrontyr had crab people scuttling around.

Szeras is a special case that intentionally altered his Necrodermis form because he saw being bipedal as useless, in addition to having two eyes when you could just have one sensory supercluster.

No he was a cyclops. Don't argue against my headcanon or I will get VERY upset, you vile snivelling rapscallion!

Don't forget the triarch unicorns.

Are the flayed ones nudists?

>>"a Perils if the Warp attack they suffer instead represents massive cerbral trauma or synaptic feedback. Tyranid Psykers use the Powers of the Hive Mind, which is treated as a psychic discipline for all rules purposes."

How does this refute the fact that, in 40k canon, the term "Psyker," and psychic is explicitly a Warp-thing? Are Necron Lords Telepaths, and therefore psychic because of their data-communication between two minds via Mindshackle Scarabs? No, a Psyker is somebody who utilises energies from the Warp to form an effect, note that they do not have to draw directly from the Warp to do this, if there are other ways, such as Warp-energy bearing vessels or, potentially, the Hivemind processing the energy first.

>Does it say the orks don't draw from the warp like it says with the nids?

This user more or less got what it says.

Further, the Shadow In The Warp is, in itself, an expression of some sort of Warp-presence, one that can be beaten, held back or effected by other Warp-presences such as the Gods.

And finally, after all that, there's still the matter of the Tyranids possessing a telepathic communication and actively engaging in psychic abilities, without any fluff explicitly saying this isn't fuelled by Warp-stuff (as the Hivemind itself is seemingly implied to be), there's no reason to suggest that the Tyranids have some super-special pocket dimension or logic-breaking presence or some shit that lets them use these abilities.

It was actually the other way around, Necrontyr society had very little concept of clothing as their solar system was so warm. What we now know as flayed ones were the puritans of the time.

Those Necrontyr with one eye were incredibly scared of these puritans (who went around door to door spreading their beliefs) as they could be sneaked up on far easier than the other Necrontyr thanks to their lack of depth perception (which also made them excellent snipers).

>How does this refute the fact that, in 40k canon, the term "Psyker," and psychic is explicitly a Warp-thing?

The fact that it's DIRECTLY telling you it's not related to the warp? How much clearer can it be? It's literally telling you that the warp references are for rules purposes the same, but don't represent warp activity.

At this point you're made it clear you're obstinate to your core so not sure why you're dragging the same old shit into this thread. Multiple people pointed you to evidence, but you either ignored it or lied about 7th ed pasting it 'word for word'. You're dishonest and stubborn. Ignoring your ass fro now on.

Does anyone know where I can get some decent third party models to proxy for IG artillery pieces? In particular I am looking for Earthshakers and Thudd guns.

did anybody know where to find the short novel from the legacy of russ serie?
can't find them in the mega.

No, sorry. So stop asking and google it.

How would a lack of depth perception make you a good sniper? You wouldn't be able to tell if you're firing 50 yards away or 500

>Directly telling you it's not related to the Warp

Telling us that they don't take energy directly from the Warp, despite everything else suggesting that there is, in fact, Warp-energy or something similar involved. Beyond that, the Hivemind, whether or not a pure Warp-creature, has undoubtedly an Immaterial presence as shown by the ability of the Warpgods and Psykers to interact with it via that realm.

>All this Ad Hominem in the second paragraph

Hey, asshole, arguments are two-way, just because somebody disagrees with you doesn't mean they have inferior capabilities of logic. Further, there were multiple people arguing the case of the Tyranids utilizing Warpstuff, not just one.

>Multiple people pointed you to evidence

And the exact opposite was also the case for the potentiality of Tyranids being some form of Psyker over the Hivemind being something else entirely. Such as:

>A presence in the Warp via the Shadow (non-definitive over the Hivemind's existence, but still proving that it interacts with it)
>The Gods actively pushing back the Hivemind (proving that the Tyranid collective consciousness is reliant on the Warp on some important level, if not entirely)
>Psykers explicit, in previous lore, being a Warp thing (going back to your previous quote to defend itself is nothing but circular logic at this point, not a basis for an argument)
>Psykers, more explicitly Telepaths actively engaging with aggressive communion against the Hivemind and Tyranids (remember that beings without a Warp-presence have always been immune to telepathy)

A single piece of primary evidence is not sufficient proof without the backing of secondary evidence.

>not related to the warp

Well, yes, it says they get powers from the Hovemind specifically, not the Warp.

> Ad hominem

In all fairness, you're being an incredibly anal debater, outright refusing evidence to prove your desired points.

> Shadow defeated by warpshit

Your statement would seem to imply that because a being isn't using the Warp can't be affected by it. My legions of murdered guardsmen would disagree.

Also You used 5thed evidence to contradict 7thed? Damn you fucked up.

Beyond that, they clearly have a presence in the Warp, but aren't psychic, just like regular humans. And they can be interacted with telepathically. Their shadow comes from trillions of beings constant desire to kill eat and feed, as its outright stated they have no conscience. That's why it's basically useless, but possible, to contact them telepathically.

Now go away. You're wrong, we know it, you know it, so cut it the fuck out. You're embarrassing yourself.

>Well, yes, it says they get powers from the Hivemind specifically, not the Warp

Which is the crux of the debate, where the Hivemind itself gets the energy to give its Psykers. Even if it's through the psychic communion of the Tyranids, there has to be a medium, the question is whether or not the Immaterium is the medium.

>In all fairness, you're being an incredibly anal debater, outright refusing evidence to prove your desired points

Not at all, there were multiple people debating, analysing and giving evidence during the argument, the flaw lies in anyone believing that it was just one person arguing one side (despite evidence to the contrary.)

>Your statement would seem to imply that because a being isn't using the Warp can't be affected by it. My legions of murdered guardsmen would disagree.

Except the Shadow of the Warp is explicitly in the Warp, and as a result was assaulted in the Warp, by Gods that cannot leave sed dimension. For example, the galaxy's most powerful Telepath cannot effect a Necron at all, because they have no soul or presence in the Warp to latch onto. Meanwhile the Shadow is present in, and effected by pure Warp-principles over a breach into reality, in addition to Null-fields (as seen in pic related) which explicitly screw with the Warp, might I add.

>Also You used 5thed evidence to contradict 7thed? Damn you fucked up.

Wasn't me.

>Now go away. You're wrong, we know it, you know it, so cut it the fuck out. You're embarrassing yourself.

Is this another case of "they disagree with me, so clearly they're wrong and, because I'm objectively more reasonable here, everyone else agrees with me?"

Strawman.

Necrons forms echo the living Necrontyr forms. Szeras is unique in that he likes to alter his form, no different from the Destroyers. The default form of Crypek is walking with two legs and having one eye.

When the Astral Knights were adventuring, they found holograms of living Necrontyr. Their description is that they are like the Necrons but were fleshed. These were images of Necrontyr courts which undoubtedly had Ctypteks.

Did the astral knights get any good pics of cyclopean necrontyr?

>From lady atia blog:

>Howdy Guys and Girls

>via a friendly raven ^.^

>"First monthly white dwarf has the new Khârn in it (leaning forward charging).

>Also a campaign type book with new rules for Chaos Space Marines. It's not a new Codex, but does have cool new rules.

>Also included is the new Deathwatch Codex with Artemis Model and the new flyer for them. Looks like a mix between a tau and imperial flyer."

>As always, take it with a tiny bit of salt but that one is usually pretty spot on =)

>Regards,
>Lady Atia
Get hype for another disappointment.

Unfortunately, they all died after releasing the C'tan locked in the heart of the world engine.

Then the C'tan made sure that the world engine got destroyed.

>>"First monthly white dwarf has the new Khârn in it (leaning forward charging).

How so that's what the Red Path short story series is building towards.

>crux

Good word, user, you're wrong but good word.

>anal debater

Sorry, thought you were probe-denier guy

>psychic Hivemind medium

It clearly leaves a warp signature, no one debates that, but it is not the source of their power.

Let me explain; the question that started this whole debate was whether or not the warp existed outside the Galaxy, which we all know is where Tyranids come from. We also know Tyranids are Thousands- if not millions- of years old. So if the nids were around as long as Eldar, Psykers and the like, how is it they were never detected or even left a trace Chaos itself could notice? The answer is that the Warp is only in the Milky Way, (likely as its the only place with emotional and soul-bearing beings) and that the Tyranids do not have enough collective conscience to leave anything but a faint shadow in the warp, but that shadow is definitely connected to the Hivemind, so by beating back the shadow psychically you beat back the Hivemind itself.

Does that make sense? Not the best worded I'll admit, but it seems the only answer possible.

Anyone wanna help me lorebash? My new Sisters of Battle army has an oath sworn imperial knight crusader and I wanna come up with some neat backstory explaining why she's with them on a permenant basis rather than just on loan from Mars.

I kharn't believe it!

Yeah, that's all fine and is a reasonable explanation, though I personally disagree and don't believe it's the only one, but it's one people could come to without being irrational.

>Does that make sense? Not the best worded I'll admit, but it seems the only answer possible.
I

It makes no sense at all.

The Warp as stated in the rulebook is a dimension that parallels reality, Nothing says it's only in this galaxy.

In fact, the Warp connects to other deminsions and realities outside the galaxy like the Webway and the Necrons dimensions. Are you going to tell me that inside Necron dimensions exists emotion and life?

>how is it they were never detected or even left a trace Chaos itself could notice?

Who says they didn't?

Not that user, but I believe it's innately inconsistent, especially between 5E and 7E. To repost from last thread.

>It is definitely inconsistent. But the most telling thing is that back in 5E, nids were described as using the warp via the hivemind, yet in 7E the same passages were updated to remove the "warp" mentions and replace them with "hive mind psychic potential" or similar terms.

>I'd bet some serious money on the idea being, "We want the nids to be more alien, so they won't use the warp to do psychic things," and they pushed the idea in 7E without anything to really back it up. The intro in is very clear, the zonthrope change in from the old is clear, and yet they still use words like "warp fields of raw psychic energy" and "warp blasts" in their psychic abilities to really muddle it up.

Humbly requesting The beast must die novel if anyone have it.

Not for much cheaper, try looking on eBay for 1/35th scale artillery pieces. I think Russian 122mm guns are large enough.

Also

>The Tyranid taps into the raw power of the Hive Mind, unleashing it as a blast of pure Warp energy that arcs from its cranium and vaporises its prey.

Funny that the raw power of the Hivemind translates to power Warp energy.

I have it.

But you got to trade me for it.

I'll give you the Last Church for it.

Already have it. In three formats.

Ahh...whatever.

I''l upload it later in the 40K general when I finished work in a few hours.

Here are links to some nice anons books. mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg!NoZlTSIT
mega.nz/#F!6EZEHQqJ!gdDBPH48LYPGDccS4YaeWA!vdI1xYzR

The new Ultramarine novel says that Tyranids escaped the wrath of Ultramarines by escaping into the Warp or speeding out there.

It seems like Nids can still warp travel.

Yeah, I guess we're at an agree-to-disagree impass. It does seem logically inconsistent, as stated by , so I'll wager GW just left it open to debate so people would talk about it.

What I mean by the warp trace is that if the Hivemind was noticeable beyond our Galaxy, it would have been mentioned and fought against. Everyone agrees nids are one of the biggest threats, and Psykers go crazy just noticing the Hivemind, so it would have likely shown up earlier in the lore. Good point about the Necrons, I'm not sure how they can access the warp. Maybe using a machine to teleport them, kinda like the Tau thing from 5thed? You raise a very good point, but one left intentionally open-ended.

Alright, /40k/, I'm trying to introduce some friends to 40k and need some help.

I have some a crap load of Space Hulk tiles, which I want to use for a little introductory game (infantry only, can just focus on the rules). They've both played Space Hulk before, so the setting and layout will be familiar.

In the meanwhile, I was thinking of pre-building some 500 pt armies for them to choose from, since they'll be using my models. I have almost everything. What are some do's and don'ts I should focus on when building them? I was thinking of nothing with the Very Bulky rule. Would melee focused armies or flamer-heavy squads be a bit too strong in a corridor setting? Is 2+ too sturdy at that low of points?

I know one of them is really fond of assassins, so I'll have one force of them - probably one of each.

>Everyone agrees nids are one of the biggest threats, and Psykers go crazy just noticing the Hivemind,

They fucking did. a psychic marine scout in the HH had his mind touched by the Hivemind. It the explosion of an alien warp beacon that attracted the Tyranids to the galaxy in the first place.

>Let me explain; the question that started this whole debate was whether or not the warp existed outside the Galaxy, which we all know is where Tyranids come from. We also know Tyranids are Thousands- if not millions- of years old. So if the nids were around as long as Eldar, Psykers and the like, how is it they were never detected or even left a trace Chaos itself could notice? The answer is that the Warp is only in the Milky Way, (likely as its the only place with emotional and soul-bearing beings) and that the Tyranids do not have enough collective conscience to leave anything but a faint shadow in the warp, but that shadow is definitely connected to the Hivemind, so by beating back the shadow psychically you beat back the Hivemind itself.
New contributor to the debate here. It is my interpretation that the Hive Mind is located inside the Warp like the realms of the Chaos Gods. This explains why Nid psychic powers work like any other and why the Shadow in the Warp is local to the Hive fleet.
Back within the hour to continue.

>‘I cannot know, exactly,’ he admitted. ‘Two years ago, when we broke the back of Kraken, the aliens’ bio-vessels fled in a hundred directions, slipping back into the warp or disappearing into dark space too dangerous for us to follow. The hunger I sensed could originate from any one tendril of their hive fleet. Or it could be a harbinger of some new dread set to be unleashed across the galaxy.’

Tyranids confirmed for having Warp travel....again.

I've been working a bit more on the Ecclessiarchy Codex, any help or criticism is appreciated.

She's with them for the duration of a crusade, according to contract. Thing is, for your SoB, the crusade never ends, Black Templar style.

So sending the bulk of hive fleet behemoth into the warp was probably a hollow victory?

SOMEBODY ONCE ME
THAT TAU WOULD JUST ROLL ME
I DON'T GOT THE GREATEST CODEX THING
HE WAS LOOKING KIND OF DUMB
WITH HIS ANCHORED STORMSURGE
PLACED FIRMLY RIGHT NEXT TO MY TRUKK...

WELL THE WHEELS START SPINNING AND HE FORGOT ABOUT ME
TANK SHOCK HIM AND HE'S NOW FLATTENED CHEESE
DIDN'T MAKE SENSE TO PLAY COMPETITIVLY WHEN THE RULES BY AN PREBUBESCENT TEEN
SO MUCH SALT, COULD FILL UP A VAULT
NOW I AM GOING TO BATH IN THE TEARS
TABLE FLIPPING IS PRETTY LOW, DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE YOU ARE LOW
HEY NOW, YOU'RE A TAU FAG, BITCH AND MOAN DON'T PLAY AT ALL
HEY NOW, YOU'RE DICKS SMALL, YOU CRY AT EVERYTHING YOU DON'T LIKD
ALL THE GLITTERS IS GOLDDDD, ONLY PILES OF CHEESE IS THE GOALLLL

Depends where they ended up in the Warp.

I disliked this.

Can anyone comment on my Tournament Nid's list?

Tyranid/GenestealerCult/Necron 1993/2000 pts

**Hive Fleet Detatchment**
HQ
Flyrant (275)
-TWDBLW,ESG,AA
Flyrant (275)
-TWDBLW,ESG,AA
Flyrant (275)
-TWDBLW,ESG,AA
Muccolid (15)
Muccolid (15)
Muccolid (15)
Hive Crone (15)

**Genestealer Cult**

Patriarch Ghosar (115)
Magus Orthan Trysst (65)
Primus Vorgan Trysst (75)
Favoured Disciples (85)
Faithful Throng (110)
Purestrain Princelings (30)
Brothers Aberrant (120)

**Canoptek Harvest**

6x Canoptek Wraiths
- whip coils- 258
Canoptek Scarabs-60
Canoptek Spider-50

did you even read this in your head before typing it out

oops crone is 155 obviously a typo
sry

haha and its TLDwBLW
not TWDBLW

Why do snipers close the eye not aiming down the scope then ?

Good snipers don't.

I was mad so no
I also just woke up

This had potential but ultimately fell short.

By nudist du you mean "only necrons covering up their naked form " ??

Servo Skull:
>Enemy infiltrators cannot set up within 12" of a Servo-skull and enemy scouts can't use their pre-game move to approach within 12" of a Servo-skull.

"Ghosar Quintus Broodkin" Formation's "Ambush the Unhallowed" Special Rule:
>When Patriarch Ghosar and the Purestrain Princelings deploy using their Infiltrate USR, they can be set up anywhere on the table that is more than 1" from any enemy unit, whether deployed units can draw a line of sight to them or not

Which rule takes precedence?

Judging by the recent GW FAQ they cancel each other out ?

Okay. So if the servoskulls are anchored he destroys them?

I'm not sure, all I know is in the draft FAQ says rules that counter each other cancel out like how lance and quantum shielding now cancel each other out for example.

rapid fire battle cannon or thermal cannon for knight crusader

It's solid on Necron and Tyranid parts. Don't know shit about those Cult units though.

She is with them because the SoB hospitaller healed the lord of the knight house and she is given as a thank you to help them

Servo skulls aren't a unit, they're a marker. Skulls would take precedence since nothing in the other units rules actually affects them.

I'd say Servo skulls win. Because you still use Infiltrate USR for that cult formation, with added benefits.

I'd say the servoskull takes precedent
As the ambush rule states:
>>When Patriarch Ghosar and the Purestrain Princelings deploy using their Infiltrate USR
However, the servoskull prevents them from using infiltrate within a 12 inch radius. The rest of the ambush rule is based upon the conditional that the unit can infiltrate in the first place, a condition not met when trying to infiltrate within 12" of the servoskull.
Because they are unable to infiltrate in the first place, the rest of the rule doesn't matter.

I'd like a copy of the Last Church, read it on 1d4 before it was removed.

It is n 1 of 2 links above in HH folder in Tales of Heresy.

underrated post

So Veeky Forums, we have a tourney coming up in 2 weeks and I need some advice.

Currently, everyone either has a knight or some form of a LoW (a stompa coming to mind).

I play tau and the biggest guns I have is 1 ghostkeel, 1 riptide and 1 hammerhead. The other tau guy decided not to take his stormsurge but instead 1 cheap hq, gue'la troop choices and X amount of riptides where he is basically bringing 2 riptide wings and 2 extra in the form of y'vahra suits.

Is there anything I can do to not die turn 1? I could run OSC but that seems pointless against other tau guy and only marginally good against LoWs

>new cool rules
Yeah!

More cool stuff for us!

Like the 12" hatred!
And the nerfs of the Crimson Slaughters!
And the formations full of taxes but no detachment!
And the few decent stuff that are only for Khorne, with no care about any of the other legions nor Gods!

>new Khârn
Oh look! Khorne!

Necron Dimensions? Did I miss something? I'm assuming you're not talking about the Labyrinths they use to catch C'Tan or the pseudo-Webway they used in the War in Heaven?

Somebody once told me
The Tau dex would steamroll me
I ain't the git who knows when to yield
He was looking kind of dumb
with his suits and giant guns
parked all the way fuck upfield

Well the turns start coming and the dice start flubbing
1 for mob rules and my sluggas start running
Didn't make shit with my bucket of dice
His Stormsurge's anchored, firing twice
Lootas rolled 1 on their D3
So what's wrong with going all WAAAAGGGGHHHH
You'll never know if you don't go
Red paint job doesn't go slow

HEY TAU, TAKE A TANK SHOCK, TO YOUR STORMSURGE'S FAT BASE
HEY TAU, TAKE YOUR GUN BLOCK, AND REMOVE IT FROM PLAY
ALL YOUR TEARS ARE LIKE GOLD, FUCK YOUR GREY PLASTIC AND YOUR MOLD (lines)

>new Khârn
If they do not improve his rules massivly Kharn is way too weak
(3+ /5++) footslogger

Bring all the cheese you can. Hope you don't face the other Tau guy. Kill IKs with deepstriking fusion Crisis suits.

>>Also a campaign type book with new rules for Chaos Space Marines. It's not a new Codex,

>not a new Codex.

wowitsfuckingnothing.jpg

What is the point then? Give us the Codex or ignore us GW. Fuck this wishywashy in between bullshit that will out of date when the real book drops.

Why would the necrons work together with the tyranids? Why would the tyranids work together with the necrons?

hue

Superior Version.

>Kharn is way too weak
And what? The other characters in the Codex are not?
Is Fabius powerful and strong, while Kharn is undefended?
Is Huron slaughtering Eldar and Tau while Kharn is on the shelves?

So Kharn deserve a new mini and new rules but the others do not?

Sick and tired of you Bloodfags, and the favoritism you have just because you can't help yourselves spending money when you see a red miniature with a melee weapons bigger than what you already have.

You disgust me.
GW will make you new models and rules for you bloodfags in that supplement, will give the others barely anything and will call the entire thing a success just because you can't hold yourself spending money on the big pile of shit GW is feeding you.

And then, guess what? 8th edition will came out and everything will be pointless and miserable again.

This.
We deserve a new codex.

Not a supplement after 4 years of neglect and just before the new edition.

He should get a Yarrick-type rule where he comes back with one wound on a 3+, or something. Dude's died at least twice and come back.

no tau. no tyrinads. make the game as fun and ballenced as possable.

This is way better and actually works at the original beat. Good job user.

Not that guy, but calm your autism. Kharn has some pretty major flaws, like all the CSM characters. He's squishy, he has difficulty getting into combat, and he dislikes being with other expensive units which compounds the difficulty in getting him into CC.

I'm curious about what they're going to do with the Black Legion. Are they going to reprint t their formations, or will they give them the detachment but force them to buy the BL supplement to use it?

They are probably going to do what they did to Space Wolves

A unique Detachment with a standard core (in this case a generic warband) and then a copious amount of fluffy cores (in this case, the legions).

Yeah, don't care. More Khorne, more shitty, underpowered rules, and another batch of useless formations.

This new ceo has a better sense of how to create sales than Kirby did. He isnt going to 'fix' the game though, that should be apparent to everyone. The imbalance and poor quality gaming experience are here to stay.

And if you retards are going to cite start collecting boxes as evidence of Rountree's beneficence, you have to credit him with Death from the Skies, Angels of Death psychic powers, the Ork and CSM revised supplements, and every other piece of shit release since the first start collecting box appeared.

40k is destined to be a garbage game gorever.

>detachment
>1 unaligned Legion core
>1 unaligned Warband core
>8 Khorne cores
>Nurgle gets an auxiliary choice
>detachment and half the cores grant Hatred

The Start Collecting boxes aren't even that great. We've had battleforged with comparable savings before, and they didn't inflate their value with absurdly overpriced monopose HQ's.

Yes, apparently missed what's written in the Necron codex.

>For the deathmark, the passing of time was something that registered in only a distant fashion, a set of numerals that shifted and changed from one optimal to another. Waypoints, in effect, marking the path of the weapon from activation to execution to re-tasking. The cycle endless, the progression constant.

>In silence, phase potentiality altered and softened a sector of space-time inside the human complex, and allowed the necron marksman to slip out of the hyperspatial oubliette where it had observed and prepared. The alien killer emerged from the dimensional blind and activated the hunter’s mark. The datum-jewel on the target provided by Nemesor Khaygis was rich with information and perfect for the sniper’s needs. The designator transmitter inside the deathmark’s armour-hood embedded the neutrino-boson template upon the target, tuning it so the marker glow would fluoresce across five-dimensional space. Wherever the objective went, if she made it to the immaterium or into a teleportation chamber, passed through chronometric barriers or the heart of a star, it would not matter. Until the decay-pattern fell below the receptor threshold – little more than an hour by human reckoning – the energy halo would denote the inescapable eye of the assassin upon her.

>It was unheard of for a target to outlast the mark upon them. This deathmark’s own records showed only one objective of note, an eldar exarch who managed to avoid termination for a full five minutes before the kill-shot claimed him. It anticipated no such challenge from this mind-damaged human.

You guys are pretending that Deathmarks only track and target using their single eye. You are forgetting about their Mark of Death.

Here's me hoping they let you take him in KDK now so I don't have to keep taking fucking allied detachments.

This is disgustingly true. They need to make like 5 codexes in 8th to make up for this shit.

>if she made it to the immaterium or into a teleportation chamber, passed through chronometric barriers or the heart of a star, it would not matter. Until the decay-pattern fell below the receptor threshold – little more than an hour by human reckoning – the energy halo would denote the inescapable eye of the assassin upon her.

I guess that confirms that Necrons can see into the Warp or at least track things that are in there.

want to start collection a space marine force but I have no clue what chapter to pick.
should I just get some of the starter collections and build my own chapter instead?

You don't get depth perception when you have one eye at 1x magnification and one at 12x. The benefit is situational awareness. Plus, I find it hard to believe that Necrons wouldn't have rangefinders built into their eyes and/or weapons.

Read up on the chapters. If one jumps out at you, do them. Look at the schemes, if one jumps out at you, do them.

the GSC is ok, its just the formation from the white dwarf
again, tournament list
but I like to think that they were found dormant deep inside mines and were adepted under the control of the Hive Mind
Specifically they are like insects and they are just better versions of nids

Wraiths>raveners
Swarms>rippers
Spider>tervigon

If you're using high powered optics, you dont need to use depth perception. You find the range of your target, you adjust for windage and drop. At the point of closing an eye and squeezing the trigger, you're just aligning the target to the proper position in your sight picture.

Basically you are looking at a 2 dimensional image 2-6" from your eye. You dont need depth perception to do this.

>CSM finally get something
oh boi oh boi
>its kharne
ah fuck

I'm SICK of this khorne only stuff. Fuck your shit GW team, either pump out stuff for all gods in a certain timeframe or release stuff that every CSM player could use without pushing into the direction of khorne or kdk.

No idea what to release? How about:
- redesigned csm to fit with the starter box ones, with enough weapon options on the sprue
- terminators with weapon options
> obliterators
and a gazillion other things.
Hell, even just upgrade sprues would help.

but then I guess noone is playing CSM anymore anyways

If you're taking 500+ meter shots, you're closing the eye not looking down the sight/through the optic.

With shorter ranges, its common to keep both eyes open when using an ACOG or Red Dot sight. It felt unnatural to me though, so I always closed one eye.

How so? What benefit is there for a sniper to keep both eyes open?