ANR General: Croporation Logos edition

Question of the day: should the marketing divisions dust off those old logos from some new fresh ones?

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Android Netrunner Official FFG News & Spoilers:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/tag/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-card-spoilers

>Floor rules
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/66/62/66628aed-d2e3-41c3-9ea2-1caae96b104f/adn-floor-rules.pdf

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c9/e5/c9e522d2-d9f6-4053-9a80-684198c25fa5/adn_faq_v301.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>Netrunner Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net
github.com/shyndman/ono-sendai (You’ll need to build it yourself)

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-deck-builder (not recommended)

>Articles and Blogs:
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
eriktwicereviews.com/tag/netrunner/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com/
runthenet.wordpress.com

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Netrunner/wiki/buyingguide
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

More for god!

Honestly, I'm thinking Custom Biotics's problem is - same as with every HB ID - not so much inherent lack of value of the ID itself as much as the long dark shadow of EtF spoiling the waters for everyone else.

To expend on that; you could always make pretty decent kill decks with CB, borrowing enough tagging from NBN, enough damage from W, and mixing in the click-shenanigans that are part of HB's color pie.

Those decks would always suffer comparison with tighter, non-specialized decks with a much more limited back-up killing plan and the ridiculous economy of EtF, whether they wer going for a glacier or FA approach.

What I'm wondering right now with the expended card pool for that ID is board control. But it's not on my priority list for testing.

Not him, but my biggest issue with CB is that having too much influence feels sort of pointless.

I mean, if you're going to port in half a yellow or green deck, why not just play yellow or green? Surely what tools HB has to offer you can just port in.

How do you search for the icons in the db? I mean like the click icon, credit icon, and so on.
For example, if I wanted to find all the cards with a three-click cost like Toybox, Mining Co, etc, what do I type in?

Better agendas maybe? I know I'd love to have Efficiency Committee in a tag and bag deck atleast. Plus if you prefer HB's ice suite more you could use them without hitting your influence that hard.

I tried Custom Biotics with Voting Machine Initiative and Victoria Jenkins. Wasn't the best, but sticking the runner with 3 or 2 click turns felt awesome. Bifrost Array was sick. Rezzing Vicky mid-turn just to fuck with play order was sick. Just a shame that the deck could be a bit too slow. Too many pieces.

[trash]
[click]
[credit]
[link]
[mu]
[subroutine]
[recurring_credit]

Like this:

x:"[trash]"

And in the example you ask:

x:"[click][click][click]"

Wait, no, I'm sorry. This provides cards such as Amped up, Day Job, and Hyperdriver.

For a cost:
x:"[click], [click], [click]" will show Melange.
x:"[click],[click],[click]" will show the rest like Toybox and Domestic Sleepers

Thank you very much!

When's the new art going to get uploaded to Jintenki? Don't like playing with these placeholders.

Ahh, finally a decent yellow NBN wallpaper.

When the card has it's picture on netrunnerdb

I think - somewhat fittingly given that they make customised bioroids for people - that they're probably one of the best IDs to use Localised Product Line - the 3 inf hit only knocks 1/7th of their inf rather than 1/5th

More Līga Smilškalne art :D

Nice, where was that at?

Liga, Emilo, and Zellinger's art (generally ice, locations, and characters, respectively) is always pretty great - it's a huge part of the flavour of the game that I love

That's Fairchild 1.0.

I got that - and there's a very similarly coloured one in Blood Money too

I was wondering the source, as it's not on her DA yet

FFG Instagram.

That definitely seems to be Fairchild 2.0 there.

Nice.
Quite a few full arts I didn't have on there, and a couple of new cards.

Also pic related, though whether that's lore art or a card art I don't know

It's from Worlds of Android. There's a description on the side of the art if you click on it.

Oh yeah.

Dumb moment there

Any interesting Jesminder deck that isn't Vamp/AS spam so far?

Thinking of giving her another go this week end, and I'm finding so far her building space has been depressing narrow.

Is there nothing else that's interesting we can do out her?

I'm just looking into that too user.
Only interesting thing I found is using security nexus.
Still pondering if masanori is a good card or not to run with jes.

Given Masanori doesn't work with her ability, that wouldn't be my first choice of draw power.

Ugh you are right.

I think the biggest strength of importing tagging and tag punishment into HB is the enormous amount of recursion, strong bursty operation economy, and the access to Domestic Sleepers and 6 3/2s that can be never advanced or threaten Midseasons. With Weyland's tutors getting better and better, Custom Biotics could be a neat option.

Oh wow, I've just seen the screen says "Have a nice day =D =D"

Well her console letting her bury/cycle cards in R&D faster is kind of nice (and bouncing News Team from your score area, or QPM from the corp's is ace), but I don't know if it's amazing - maybe combine with Turning Wheel?

Anyone know of decent printable play mats?

New to Netrunner, currently have only base set. Thinking of getting Data and Destiny because the gimmick runners look fun. Other than that what sets would you guys recommend? Also is there any decent Mac compatible online client?

Jinteki.net is in-browser, not sure why that wouldn't work on a mac.

The reddit has a buying guide, but I only play online so someone else would have to help you with that:
reddit.com/r/Netrunner/wiki/buyingguide

Just as a note, though, the three mini-factions are honestly not that good. If I remember correctly, they've consistently been at a sub-40% win rate online, but Jinteki stats are by no means a full indication of reality. They're extremely FUN, though.

There's also the issue that they need lots of out-of-faction cards - I think there's at least one who can't make a legal deck on their own, and even with core as well you'd be seriously limited.

Thanks. Honestly probably just going to stick to kitchen table with some friends, so being top meta really doesn't matter that much to me. Can see the point about getting some datapacks due to the deck assembly though.

The mini-factions depend greatly on neutral cards, which are mostly found in big box expansions.

Nah, that's Kappa. Art commisioned by fan for their sleeves.

I mean in the fan.

Sorry meant to reply to

The Fairchild remark was in response to the question of "where is that from" not a comment on their own pic.

Oh, apologies for misunderstanding. I hadn't recognized that new piece since it was impossible to tell anything apart on that card photo.

Many of us made that mistake. Hope is a fickle mistress.

Hadn't thought about it that way, but yeah, Weyland tutoring + HB recursion could lead to some disgusting decks. I'm all for it.

Would that be good enough for you?

Trash an installed Chrysalis with PolOp?

This seems dumb, but I can't see why not

A 2-strength Sentry with a single porous sub really isn't worth it. The card is almost completely useless outside of the surprise factor. I don't think any sane player would install it outside of some mindgame play, since it shouldn't ever tax the Runner more than a single credit.

And after testing it, it shouldn't really be used at all. I thought it was going to be a step between Shock and Snare, but what's important is the term "encounters". If they have any killer on board, it's virtually useless because of how weak it is. There are very few situations where it'll actually go off.

I've been having some fun with it in RP as a snare replacement with Sandburg involved.
Sandburg is crazy.

Atleast until Beth gets released and runners start gaining a click anyway. Wonder how Anarch will take advantage of corps pumping money for Sandburg, so far Shapers have Beth and Criminals have Hernando Cortez.

I guess it could be useful if you have a stealth rig and not enough stealth credits to go through two ICE: trash Chrysalis, break the other...

Yeah, Anarch version has me on the edge of my seat.

Actually other than Femme, Garrote, and Mimic, all other Killers need atleast 2 credits to break it. Granted, Mimic is practically everywhere, but it's sure to fire off more frequently in any rig without it, or atleast tax the runner more.

Also, a funny interaction is that Nero can nope right the fuck out when he accesses it, which means he's the only one who can jack out after a successful run.

>which means he's the only one who can jack out after a successful run.

That's classy however you look at it.

Bump

Nice.

Nero "Noooope" Severn - if we get more Ambush sentries, he'll be a good choice to be cautious indeed (sadly Archangel is a Code Gate, so there's a precedent for them not being Sentries while still being Ambushes)

Interestingly, Chrysalis doesn't have the Ambush subtype, unless the image my deckbuilding app has for it is outdated. Also I'm kinda hoping for an on access Barrier ice in Weyland, though given those usually only have ETR subs, I'm not sure where they would fit in a deck. A multi-access prevention method maybe? Alternatively, though unlikely, an RnD upgrade that forces an encounter when the Runner accesses ice.

>Chrysalis doesn't have the Ambush subtype
Yeah, looking back, I don't know why I thought that - it clearly is an ambush though, it's certainly not proper ice.

I could see multi-access prevention - "lol you hit a wall in R&D, can't see any more" - which might be nice (and might even apply anywhere, for ulitmate anti-multiaccess), though Weyland also have a nice line in sentries, to go the more "fucking runners up" route.

I'd quite like to see an upgrade that puts a sub in front of all the subs on an ice.
One of the worst parts about Weyland ice is that often you can facecheck it fine, unless there's a Hostile Takeover scored, or some other indication of nastiness.
Builder of Nations is some way to counteract that, though it is once per turn, and only on advanced ice (PAD factory and Satalite Grid make it awesome though).
An upgrade that adds something like "do 1 net damage", or "the runner loses 2c", or even just "the corp gains 2c" in front of all other subs would be really nice - turning all walls into mini-WoTs and just making stuff more expensive to break in general.
Also it'd give Street Magic some more justification.

Isn't it what Builder of Nations is all about?

Speaking of BoN, I've been testing it recently online alongside space ice. It's kind of ridiculous. The runner's forced to play completely differently thanks to how taxing the unavoidable damage is. Want to run? Hope you're not saving anything important in your hand.

Not who you're replying to, by the way.

Yeah, but it's pretty limited - I was just thinking of something to up weyland's tax game a bit

I've been trying it (I'm PAD campaign/factory guy), but not really got space ice, you say it's great?

Also pack 5 and Mausolus can't come fast enough

I actually cannot believe how cheap Mausolus is.

>I've been trying it (I'm PAD campaign/factory guy), but not really got space ice, you say it's great?
Space ice is still space ice, I'm saying that casually dropping 1 damage every run that can't be broken is extremely taxing.

Which do you think would be better to splash in, the space ice or cheap stuff like Ice Wall/Searchlight/Shadow?

I haven't tried it, but the card ability and Housekeeping (maybe the new Door to Door) looks like it could hurt the grip pretty bad.

How did you fit in PAD factory by the way? Any particularly important bits needed to be cut from the deck?

I suspect Muresh Bodysuit will be more popular in the future.

Not really - of all the issues I've had with the deck, PAD Factory wasn't really one of them.
Advancing things for free, and advancing anything, is pretty great - especially if people don't think of it as a threat, which sometimes happens

Isn't it rotating out after this cycle?

Anyway, I can't see it as more than a one-of.

>after this cycle
This is cycle 6.
Cycle 8 dropping will cause Genesis and Spin to rotate out

At the very least its value is raising.

So I just noticed something funny for Mumbad Construction Co. in Builder of Nations. Did the Runner just Inside Job/DDoS past the single advanceable ice protecting a server, or put your credits low enough you can't rez it? If there's a rezzed ice after it, you can use MCC to put an advancement token on that ice instead! Advanced Data Raven shenanigans ahoy!

Really feel like making a Fast Advance deck using BoN now, maybe using that Hollywood + Atlas single turn score trick too. Hopefully I can fit in enough economy though.

Nice catch. Really liking the idea of this.

Talking to someone after a game on Jinteki, I really hope that the "having money makes your opponent stronger" like pic related applies to the runners too - modern runners are so damn rich

How do you protect your MCC?

Komainu or bust!

We already have an example with High-Risk Investment, but I must say I'm conflicted. While I think the game could use more cards to fight runners sitting on a pile of cash to snipe, it's not as if the archetype had been the most successful one.

And I would things things that force the hand of the runner into running and spending would probably be the best answer.

>things that force the hand of the runner into running and spending would probably be the best answer.

Well you can easily get them to run, but getting them to spend a non-trivial amount isn't easy - some way to punish a runner that just sits back until you try and score (Leela, Iain, some Sunny, anyone who's got Au Revoire-Turning Wheel up, possibly a few mill decks)

I know it's a strat that fails against Rush and FA, but I think there should be some way to stop a runner just snowballing and sitting on a mountain of cash by not running unless you try and score - I mean we see a bit in things like Hard-Hitting news, but it's one of only 3 that don't depend on successful runs

Consulting Visit makes the Government Takeover decks ridiculous.

I'm using Sandburg as well, so maybe put it in a scoring remote? Too bad it's 4 to rez AND there's a limiter in the form of number of remaining advancement tokens on it and the cost to move tokens, but I guess this is a pretty good sweet spot for an FA tool.

So the UFAQ for 23 Seconds is out. Some interesting points are can happen, and if you pay to gain credits (such as Hedge Fund), it momentarily shuts off Sandburg if you dip below 10 credits.

Oh, and also the bit about about letting the runner float a click from Temple of the Liberated Mind if they use it at the end of the turn.

Yeah, it's a fairly balanced card on the whole, but it's not the easiest thing in the world to use, and it's a stupendous must-trash

FFG getting in on the meme game in the latest UFAQ, what is the world coming to?

That's bullshit. The data pack insert specifies that the ICE with trash cost can only be trashed paying the trash cost if the ICE is accessed while it is not installed.

Although, I suppose it's ok if this type of ambush ICE remains on the weaker side of the spectrum.

I know it's a bit cheeky to ask, but I don't suppose you could type up the flavour insert for 23 Seconds, could you?

It'll be ages before we get it here/in person, and I'm a massive lorefag for Android

Too bad. The trash cost "disappear" so to speak if installed?

But then PolOp only cares that the card is rezzed. Worth asking I guess.

It's already confirmed to be doable in the UFAQ. Though as an user said, it's hardly worth the PolOp, I'd personally rather use it on Caprice, Ash or Sandburg myself.

Nice. And agree that it wouldn't be a priority target in a vacuum, bu having the option is better than not having it.

Here you go. I'm too lazy to type the whole thing. The other side has nothing special, just the credits and a picture of Null.

The plot thickens on that Omar conspiracy.

Interesting backstory about Null.

Thanks for sharing.

They sure know how to hype a cycle. I feel like playing Mainframe now. Also it's nice that Null seems to be one of the more "nicer" Anarchs, along with Valencia.

Thanks mang

>Just As Planned.

Are we going to call Omar Turtle now?

Better sounding than Keurng

I fond it interesting that he is a Corporate asset. New light on Black Orchestra.

The conspiracy theory about Keung is now made more interesting by the fact that we don't know how much his white hat stance happens to be genuine (warned NBN, published and signed his papers).