Dungeon Life Quest (DLQ) 80 - Surprise, Motherfucker! Edition

ARCHIVE: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Dungeon Life Quest
PREVIOUS THREAD: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/48323354/
CHARACTERS AND PLACES: docs.google.com/document/d/19gNVgtevar647l4ZumUaVH6GlJzvxLlDNKaH8DrQMWE/edit?usp=sharing

You are Jack the Debtor. You and Flitter have been doing work in the Warehouse, helping to rebuild and to catalogue the remaining items. That damn box stayed here, because of fucking course it did, but it's been useful in disposing of things that the denizens of the Warehouse have decided, honestly, don't need to be here. Or exist.

The Keepers still hate you, but you can't exactly blame them for that. Flitter's been supportive, at least, even after the talk the two of you had. You broke the poor girl's heart, and you still feel like shit about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/73746/
Veeky
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Flitter tugs your ear. "Jack," she murmurs. "Something's wrong."

You back away from the door you were about to open, in the Inner Ring. "What?" you ask, pulling the drawstrings of the Six Demon Bag free.

"There's souls, but they're, they're weird. Flickery, hazy. Like they were made badly, or made wrong. I can see 'em through the walls, in a mass..."

Badly made souls? That sounds like -

The Thirdborn. The Librarian's geargrinders.

"Where?" you demand.

"Coming in from the Cornucopia and ascending the Roost," Flitter answers quickly.

"They're going after the Atheneum and the rest of the artifacts here. Gods /damn/ it!"

> Go to the Roost; they won't know how to fight these things
> Sound the alarm. The Warehouse must be warned

So when is flitter going to find that size growth potion?

And now I must go be Gainfully Employed. See ya'll at midnight or so; votes remain open.

Questions, comments, discussion, feedback, and criticisms remain welcome and appreciated.

Thank you all for reading and participating!

People on the Roost can take care of themselfs. The Warehouse were there is a huge ton of artifacts needs to be alerted!

>> Sound the alarm. The Warehouse must be warned

This

Alert! Alert! Intruders in the base!

The roost murders shit every day, they can deal.

>Sound the alarm. The Warehouse must be warned.

I hope the Roost can deal.

>geargrinders
>Thirdborn

...the Librarian has robots?

Soulbots, like discount human angels?

A there is a saying that would be ideal for the Roost deneziens.

>If something attacks you shank it!
>if it bleeds keep shaking until stops bleeding!!
>if it isn't bleeding shank it until it stops moving!!
>if nothing works THEN you run.

Voting this into existence.

>Go to the Roost; they won't know how to fight these things
That's probably our best shot at stopping these things cold, along with saving more lives. If possible, let someone know while we're running that way and let THEM sound the alarms here.

Do we have an Athenium book? We're gonna need to fortify that floor, also.

>>> Sound the alarm. The Warehouse must be warned

>> Go to the Roost; they won't know how to fight these things
>> Sound the alarm. The Warehouse must be warned
We cant do both? if so:
the most important stuff from Warehouse has most likely allready been moved before it fell.

He's most likely a artificier or a golemancer

There is the Mine between the Roost and there, but the Mine is pretty porous and not really recovered from the Baron.

Of a sort. They were introduced in the side shot on /qst/; geargrinders are sapient machines that use clockwork to sustain their animating enchantments. The technology is not mature or remotely standardized.

Why are the options mutually exclusive? What is stopping us from shouting Raise the alarm while we rush to the roost?

In other words steam golens.

OR, alternatively, the librarian is a giant clockwork supercomputer, who is called the librarian because of how much information is stored in hi.

Only the fact, that, the keepers are mad at us.

Presumably the alarm system is in the opposite direction of the stairs.

Are they going to be mad that we warn them of hostiles on the march? Again? Really

There's multiple alarms that need triggering, as you may recall. Spending time to do the one thing means not having that time to certify the other.

Your idea is better. The librarian is actualy a super A.I. that hates the whole world...uh this sounds familar for some reason.

You'll find the thread here, if you care to peel through it: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/73746/

Six hours and change to call; still fielding questions and comments.

Slow day.

We can't send Flitter to do one thing while we do the other?

Could. She'd need to be going to the Roost; she's a bit small for the alarm.

Hey Vox, if we promised not to metagame, could you tell us what exactly is locked in The Center Itself?

Then

> Send Flitter to inform the Roost

Let's save lives, people.

Didn't he already tell us it's the remains of that one angel who got reanimated?

Spoilers you faggoy.

I don't remember him saying that.

If this is doable we should do it

It's not exactly spoilers, but it was suggested when we were acting as Jack in the Warehouse while Lora fought the Fae Prince. One of the Keepers heard 'angel' and thought, 'Oh Gods have mercy, its loose!'.

Fuck, even the Lich of the Warehouse was terrified of it being released.

Eh, they're still reeling from the epic battle between Archangel and Seraphim, the folks of the Warehouse are used to dealing with strange and dangerous things. The Harpies? Not so much.
>Go to the Roost; they won't know how to fight these things.

Well, fuck me sideways. It's a fantasy Skynet, or HAL.

Why is this not on /qst/

is that a real question or are you being contrary?

It's a real question

I don't use this board often and I came over here and saw the quest thing and I saw all the quest threads

I asked in every thread but only you have responded

thanks

well /qst/ is a shithole and a lot of long running qm's to not want to run their quests there, because of that many have chosen to keep running their quests on Veeky Forums until the mods decide that they MUST run on /qst/. However the more likely scenario is /qst/ will just be closed as a failed project.

But i don't like quests on Veeky Forums because Veeky Forums gets encrusted with them and there's too many

sometimes in life we have to put up with things that we do not like, now please stop posting this is derailing the thread.

I don't like your thread I'm going to keep shitposting in it

it used to be the case, but /qst/ really does weed out the bad quests outta Veeky Forums. Now the quests that remain on Veeky Forums are the ones with quality in them.
Not to say that /qst/ quests can't be good - I've seen some good ones, but the majority of shitquests went there.

Now please, let us return to our collaborative story and begone. Nobody feed that troll more than this.

On my way home. Just gotta do dishes and find food. Thank you for your patience.

The short answer is "it started before /qst/ was a thing, and the QM didn't feel like transferring boards"

sorry, I thought there was a chance he just did not know and was not actually attempting to troll.

>Sound the alarm. The Warehouse must be warned.

Vox, do you deny the allegations that The Librarian is actually magical clockwork Skynet?

The Librarian is a believer in the idea that the body is a cheap and disposable container for the soul.

Is the librarian looking for a sidekick

So he's either skynet, or a cyborg. Bueno.

Gentlemen, we're gonna hack the Librarian

Because the posters suffer from the home board mentality. It means that they think "I use this board the most and like it and its posters a lot therefore I should be able to post about any topic here" and refuse to recognise the rules. They also decided t that qst was made because of a vocal minority and that the nigga are idiots, so they went to qst en masse to shitpost in an attempt to kill it before it becomes permanent.

They failed and now sit here and get angry if you mention that the board exists. They think that being given their own place with added functionality is a punishment for some reason plus they don't get that one you've opened a thread from the page or catalog it doesn't matter where the hell it's posted.

One day, Comcast will suffer for all it has done to me.

Called, writing.

>One day, Comcast will suffer for all it has done to me.
but not this day?

He's a lich; he can afford to wait a few decades before unleashing his terrible wrath on them, and all their ilk. So they are safe..for now.

>refuse to recognise the rules
And which rules are these?

Veeky Forums.org/rules#tg
>1. Board games, paper games, war games, card games, etc. go here!

Veeky Forums.org/rules#qst
>1. This board is for author-driven collaborative storytelling (i.e. "quests"). All threads posted here should be part of a new or ongoing quest.
>2. The author controls the story of the quest. They can take suggestions from other posters, or not, at their sole discretion. If things don't go your way don't complain!
>3. All threads on this board should be created by the associated quest author. Please refrain from making meta-threads.
>4. Erotic roleplay is not permitted. Frequent explicit descriptions of sexual encounters by a quest author may result in mod intervention.

Those are the rules. Does it say anywhere that quests are not allowed in Veeky Forums? Check. Now let's get that alarm system going, the Roost guys should be fine.

Never fucking mind, can't keep fighting with Comcast tonight. Votes are reopened, with my apologies. I'ma go to bed and hope this gets better.

It's hardly your fault that Comcast is a colossal bag of dicks. Just get some proper shut eye and try again later, Veeky Forums isn't going anywhere.

Bump before bed!

Oh user. With Vox powerlevel the librarian can be only one thing..

"Hate...let me tell you how much i've come to hate you since i be can to live."

Does the librarian need money. I would give money to him if he managed to give me a robot body.

Oh fuk bummp

Maybe I should give a friendly bump as well

OH FUCK YES. I've never wanted anything before as much as I want this to be a thing.

I'm up. Let me get coffee.

Black as your undead nigger cock?

user, I'm so white I dance in formation and encourage others to do the same, and I take my coffee with so much cream that my day gets a Brazzer's logo.

Called, writing.

I was talking about Sir Fetch.

"We can't let them get the rest of these," you decide. "Especially not if they're here for the thing I just thought of."

"Which is?" Flitter asks, as she starts to summon her witchflames and prepare for a fight.

"Smashing all the kegs, burning all the food, and destroying all of the supplies."

"...FUCK," your friend shouts, after a moment to think about it. She zips to keep up with you as you sprint for the alarm in the Inner Ring.

"Battle stations!" you yell. "This is not a drill! We're under attack!"

One of the Warehouse residents, with more wherewithal than the others, shouts "From where?"

"CORNUCOPIA ENTRANCE!" you and Flitter yell at the same time.

You hear the sounds of battle joining in the Roost; the screech of the harpies is distinctive, as is the rolling toll of quiet from Silence's bell. For better or worse, the battle there is joined.

"Most of the supplies are down below," Flitter reasons.

"They'll secure an entrance first," you tell her. "The Librarian is nothing if he's not methodical. Here, watch my back."

Flitter turns to face the hallway as you start to work the alarm, cranking it furiously. You've been on the other side for less than a month and you're already fighting for you life. Ain't this a bitch.

"Jaaaack," Flitter calls, worriedly. "How do I fight these?"

"Go for the eyes and gears," you tell her, turning from the alarm to see three of the looming geargrinders, their bodies clad in plate that's been bolted to their frames. The one in the lead has a personal crest - a descending sword - stamped into his (well, sort of), chest plate.

"Cobalt," you say, evenly.

"Jack," he returns, his mechanical voice muffled by his armor.

"I can't help but notice you're heading for the Center Ring," you tell him, your hand reaching for the open mouth of the Six Demon Bag.

"I can't help but notice that you're a lowly traitor and oath-breaker, every bit the unreliable coward that Father said you are."

"HE. IS NOT. A COWARD!" Flitter screams. The witchflames orbiting her brighten before their light lashes out.

Cobalt's faster than she expected. The geargrinder throws his subordinate in the way and watches impassively, his wooden face expressionless, as Flitter's attack slags his steel and ignites the wood and gears beneath.

"At them," Cobalt orders, plainly. You're wondering who he's talking to, until two doors on the side of the Outer Ring burst open, admitting a flood of geargrinders.

"Flitter, if we live, kill me."

> Run towards the Center Ring and the Keepers
> Use the bag (Air/Earth/Wind/Fire/Storm/Metal)
> Grab Flitter and use a book to get to the Athenaem
> Surrender

>> Use the bag (Air/Earth/Wind/Fire/Storm/Metal)

Hmm, whichever works the best in this situation, probably fire or wind.

>> Run towards the Center Ring and the Keepers

That old lich better have his wits about him and zap these things with death rays.

>> Use the bag (Air/Earth/Wind/Fire/Storm/Metal)
>>Fire, slag them!
>> "A Coward would not be here!"

> Use the bag (Earth)
Seems like the best course of action is to clog the hall with rubble or a temporary wall, then rouse the floor. Buy time

>>> Use the bag (Air/Earth/Wind/Fire/Storm/Metal)
>>>Fire, slag them!
>>> "A Coward would not be here!"
Liking this

>Use the Bag and use Earth, we don't have to kill them(though it is encouraged) but we do need to slow them down. I say do this while Flitter and Jack haul ass to the Center Ring and the Keepers. Seeing as we got everyone up, if we slow them down and make a lot of noise while in the center we can maybe catch this Cobalt bastard with Metal. If necessary we keep Flitter close and use the Book to get out and then get backup for whatever the hell these guys are here for.

>Earth
More precisely mud/ quagmire so we can make then slip

This has my vote.

>Earth

Not if you don't add greentext it doesn't. Vox has some sort of autism.

That fucking feel when real life.

Called. I'm at work, gonna try to update from phone. Looks like a combination of "earth" and "run".

Could we create some kind of sand or something to mess with their gears and ability to move? We don't have to destroy them, just keep make it hard for them to hurt anyone.

No way man. I just want to kill some bad dudes for once, and here we have robots with malformed souls. Guilt free destruction.

Also, re: Being a coward, we should yell out

> He's right, I am a coward! A living one, who doesn't have to do terrible things finally, and can run and get help!

Because I think not being ashamed of being a coward will piss Mister Domo Arigato off even more.

You open the Six Demon Bag and bark a command in the tongue of demons: "|Earth|!"

The bag rumbles worryingly as the geargrinders advance. "Jack?" Flitter asks, worried.

"Wait for it," you say steadily.

"Jack!" the pixie yells, when she sees some of them raise crossbows. She lances out with light, slagging one, two.

"Save your energy," you order, hoping you're making the right call.

You know you did when you see Cobalt throw himself aside in a panic, yelling futilely for his men (well, sort of) to take cover.

A massive boulder disgorges from the Bag, and you grab Flitter and run rather than staying to watch. The terrified screaming and cracks of splintering wood and steel are more than enough proof.

"Where are we going?" Flitter yells.

> Reinforcements
> Seal the access to lower storage
> Seal the door to the Cornucopia so the Lush can't send aid.

>Reinforcements

>call for Reinforcements, then delegate whoever shows up first to seal the door to the Cornucopia with the reinforcements. If that takes long enough for the bots to almost make it through the blockade then blast them with Water from the demon bag. Then we proceed to run screaming down the halls toward lower storage to seal all access, and haul ass toward the Keepers as planned to tell them to guard artifacts from the gearheads. With that settled go see if we can break a few bots and try to catch Cobalt.

That's a bit much vote for one vote, user.

Gonna call in roughly three hours when I get home.

>>call for Reinforcements, then delegate whoever shows up first to seal the door to the Cornucopia with the reinforcements.

Would this fit?

Works for me.

> I'll back

This then

Greentext your votes

> Like this

It's not difficult.

Oh gee golly gosh sir, I'm sorry red arrows are harder to see than light green.

oh wait