Order of the Stick #1045: Studying Up

Order of the Stick #1045: Studying Up

HAHA

MASTURBATION

This is literally Michael Bay's Transformers-tier joke.

Well, what do you expect? For an old man, Eugene's about as middle-school as they come.

I dunno, "Give me your face" was so bad it was good.

Well, if anybody knows about releasing magical energy from a phallic object it'd be Eugene.

Look, if masturbation jokes are what it takes for us to get a comic that's less WORDSWORDSWORDS, I'm fine with that. We have multiple panels of visual shit happening, varying facial expressions and nobody talking.

4 panels with no words? Most of the text boxes don't take up the whole panel? This is fake.

Eh. It's an improvement, but it's still thoggable. And I know the last gag is still long, but I feel the emptiness elsewhere excuses it.

>doesn't advance the plot in any meaningful way
>in the old times it would have been either a 6 panels or a double issue
>takes FUCKING AGES
Ýup, it's oots all right.

You know, not every comic has to advance the plot.

This one might not be focusing on the plot, but it is dealing with the characters progression of power and is setting up for what might be meaningful character interaction.

Roy's new powers will be part of the next battle, so having him develop them in the lull is something that is worth showing.

I like that expression in the third panel.

Loss and CAD in general created a group of critics who think they know exactly how to make a comic . They're idiots.

Still too many words.

>You know, not every comic has to advance the plot.

Then what is the point of having a story? You might as well be Penny Arcade and all episodic. You don't have books printed where two to three chapters are just completely irrelevant characters showing up and doing shit all just for kicks.

>he doesn't like hooptedoodle

When y jerking off to someone you hate

I miss when Thogs were funny

Thogs were never funny.

That wasn't the original purpose though

I forgot is it the sword or did roy take a level in warblade or something?

>You wanked in the bathroom

kek

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite Thog on the station.

His sword spontaneously became a Weapon of Legacy.

>spontaneously

>Party caught killing guards in king's palace
I swear to god, it was spontaenous. My weapon acted on impulse!

I'm pretty sure people were betting that it was going to end up being a Weapon of Legacy like a decade ago.

Starmetal blade unlocked it, but there's some ancestral connection to the Greenhilt

>some

It's literally his family sword. The Greenhilts are an old family of accomplished warriors and Eugene was a pussy who set it aside to go be a nerd.

Did you not read the rest of my post? I talked about why the comic did what it did.

I wonder if warblades exist in that universe and how roy would react to meeting one

>You don't have books printed where two to three chapters are just completely irrelevant characters showing up and doing shit all just for kicks.
>he hasn't read George RR Martin

They probably do, Roy would probably consider them interesting and that's about it. He didn't choose his class for min/max purposes after all.

Has Roy ever multiclassed or at least thought about it?

In the Invaders from the 4th Dimension bonus comic, Roy's alternate unvierse counterpart - a Warlord - asks him why he didn't become a Warblade with his Intelligence.
He replies that his father would never have paid for a PHD program.

He's kinda stubbornly insisting on being a single-classed Fighter, for various reasons.

>Invaders from the 4th Dimension bonus comic
Did anyone ever post it here?

>Sex jokes are LITERALLY only ok when Thog does them.
These threads are getting more and more /v/ tier every day.

Oh who let this asshole back in here?

Nah. Kinda wish someone would.

Thog edits were a mistake

>it's a "Rich takes fucking forever because 'muh pretty art' to make such a short and useless comic" episode

Rich always takes fucking forever, I doubt 'pretty art' makes the update take much longer than it typically does.

God, I've been following OotS since I was 13, and it's still not finished. I'm 22 now, and I'm sure it'll be another half decade before he's finished with the comic.

Did anyone actually use legacy weapons? I basically forgot about it after flipping through the book because it seemed like just another mildly interesting subsystem with little to no payoff.

>you wanked in the bathroom

He's now making the dick jokes for us.

Yeah, it seems like Rich is actively trying to use less words.

I guess he doesn't want to become stagnant as an artist.

Best posted