The Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread

Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!

Previously: I seriously terrible amount of shit posting, arguing and not much else.

Previous thread: Writefagging last time:
A new flakeplane REMINDER:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder. And the old snowsheets are under "Snowstorm sheets" > "1- ALL FLAKE SHEETS."

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
Unless that's too gay.

>Current Repository

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1yf8Rl_wFYElPtkIaNqCZLyrfAEGWH8jUej3kN76ro5A/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Will post part 2 of Venn's story when I get home unless Serena wants to post it for me.

Here you go. A continuation of Venn's story, explaining his ignition.

docs.google.com/document/d/1yf8Rl_wFYElPtkIaNqCZLyrfAEGWH8jUej3kN76ro5A/edit

Oh, hun. Tsk tsk. You really need to scan the threads more carefully.

Again, this is why I am the back up. Also I'm currently enduring almost 40c temperatures and close to 100% humidity with no AC. I meant to write today but I can barely even think.

so what you're saying is that you're pretty hot right now

Catch me up as to what happened in Eldrich Moon. Just summarize it to me.

Emmy shows up, Nahiri puts Sorin in a stone wall, Emmy gets shut into the moon. Gatewatch wins!

Emrakul showed up and everything went crazy for a bit, some people died, but eventually the Avengers trapped Emrakul in the moon.

So what resolution was there between Sorin and Nahiri? I honestly dont even care about the eldrazi.

Sorin and Nahiri fought and Nahiri won. Sorin's trapped in a wall and I assume Nahiri fucked off to a different plane.

So they killed Sorin and will probably never release him. Cool, bye forever MTG lore

Nah, Sorin's fine, he's just out of the picture for the next few thousand years as the stone erodes.

aka, not anywhere in the near future, or at least until they kill off the Gatewatch, because they are all mortal.

So I say again, bye forever, MTG lore.

He's alive. He was punking Nahiri in the fight, but got too arrogant and toi close to rocks. But yeah, he lives.

Thank you Titty Angel.

Anyone got any sort of input for the story at all?

I'd like to say that as well but I heard return to kamigawa is happening and I don't want to miss it.
Hey. drawing's coming along decently I guess. You sure no colors tho?

>Avacyn's holy bosom
>Avacyn's holy clit
I think you may have gone too far in a few places. Other than some of the cursing being a bit silly, I liked it a lot! Very emotional.

Random flake idea: A ferromancer who manipulates precious metals for shenanigans. Maybe a jewler on Ravnica. Pic related. Probably red artifacts.

You're right, perhaps the use of holy body parts was a bit too much. Venn's cursing is quite different because I didn't want to exclusively use fuck shit damn ect.

No colors is totally fine.

so much for being a cancer meme amateur that is in only for the money, i guess. Ok, i guess it be ready tomorrow.

God damn, its been a while since I wrote "Messenger comes to Innistrad". About time I contribute something more. This time, I wrote something short starring two of the witches that I made bunch of threads ago.

Wishing to hear feedback from this one, since its somewhat different from the writefaggings I have done before for these threads.

>I didn't want to exclusively use fuck shit damn etc.
Hey, if you ask me, there's nothing wrong with a good fuck.

ha ha ha

Cursing is always a bit weird in the Multiverse, especially since the official lore is 13+. It's good to mix it up a little, but just don't use too many and too odd curses. Also, maybe think of real world counterparts? "Avacyn's blood" or "Avacyn's wounds" or something is probably better than her "holy clit"

Yeah, I know. In hindsight, I got a little too zealous there. Will change it out!

"By Grislebrand's noxious nethers!"

STEALING THAT!

Okay that's amazing. Congrats, user, you got me to laugh.

It's kawaii.

In all seriousness, I liked it a lot! Good characterization and description, the only complaints I have are grammatical nitpicks. Keep it up, I like those flakes.

Since Gaia said she actually liked my stuff, here's a story explaining why Leon's so weird around angels!

Keep in mind what's important to residents of Innistrad. The whole concept of the blessed sleep, reliance on one another against the supernatural and how vile the supernatural are to your average human.

In a few unshared stories I've written for my Innistrad-flake, he uses 'corpse-tosser,' 'graf-thief' and 'fiend's-thrall' as generic insults. Exclamations include 'sleep take me,' 'angel's grace,' 'angel's mercy' and just plain old 'devilry' whenever cursing any event of misfortune.

If you really want to resort to easy stuff like shit, fuck and damn, remember that the denizens of Innistrad are pretty German. Don't shy away from deutschifying a few simple curses. There's nothing wrong with a bit of sheiße.

Since people are telling me some of Venn's curses were a bit too silly... I am taking suggestions!

Give me curse ideas that a foul mouthed Innistrad smith would use!

Instead of asking for lore checks, I'll post background/bio for my first flake, and invite any feedback anyone wants to give. That way you at least have something to read for your trouble.

Immense change was upon Alara. Denizens of each former Shard reacted differently once the plane was whole once more. Among the Cylian elves of Naya, there was zealous outcry for even more reverence for nature and it's great Behemoths. To many, preparations could have been made to make the Conflux much less cataclysmic, if only all inhabitants of Naya had been more aware, and more vigilant. To them, a greater connection to the Behemoths would help bring that awareness so that they may be vigilant in the face of any future threats to their world.

As soon as Izael's parents discovered her talent for magic, her life was seemingly doomed to endless monotony. Everything spoken to her had something to do with responsibility to Alara, or worshiping the behemoths and their great power, or carefully listening to the many voices of Alara.

How could a child not grow sick of it all? How could everyone around her not notice the growing bitterness, or how that bitterness festered to hatred?

Surprisingly, she did not embark on a genocidal conquest of revenge. Instead she ran away. Well, to her it was running away. She was just going to hide from her parents long enough to worry them, then convince them to let her have fun once in a while. She ended up actually running away when a behemoth's youngling nearly chased her out of Naya. By the time she mustered enough concentration to weave a lethal spell for the hateful thing, her surroundings were completely alien to her. Luckily for her, a few humans of the Bloodbraid clan had been watching the entire time while doing nothing to help. There was only one real choice to their invitation.

Thank you.

Really should push my stories through some grammer checker multiple times. There are always some mistakes I seemingly never get rid of.

>Owl Mom facing off against Serena while protecting the kids.

SO. CUTE. UGH. I LOVE OWLS.

So angels make his heart go doki doki now?

I admittedly haven't read much on your flake yet. It's definitely a nice read though.

Ah, so that's why he was ultra formal with Serena. That was a nice read.

Ferromancer mom?
She gonna die

By Avacyn would likely still be an expression.
Lili uses 'nine hells'

By the Angel and such is also common. You can basically take any real-world phrases and replace God or Jesus with Avacyn or Angel. Or even things like 'By the Blade of Goldnight!' ect.

Old, but revamped.

Gay smut and backstory: Damian has a one-night-stand with an Azorius arrester.

Too wordy imo
Maybe "Bruna's breath"
The Cathar invoked Avacyn frequently after his ignition before he became jaded

>Which flake needs a hug the most.

>Which flake wants a hug the most.

>Owlmom needs the most hugs

cute
not Chandra cute, but still cute.

I'd give Rinteller a hug. Being Boros is suffering

I was shooting the shit about Kaladesh earlier, and I wanted to know if we had any confirmation about the races on the plane. Semi-urban artificer elves sound absolutely baller, something like pic related.

Ignore the filename, it was for D&D.

Here's an alternate question:

Would you hug your own flake?
I imagine given how volatile some of these characters are, some of us would have to consider the answer to this question for a few moments.

>Remes
No.

>Cala
Yes, but I might regret it, because I'm not actually sure how she'd react. This is nothing that ever crossed my mind and I don't know what would happen.
Pre-ignition Cala I would hug, but she's such a shy thing that it would probably end awkwardly in a way that would be humorous or strange to onlookers.

>Jakrol
NO.

>Winifred
Sure, but only if I thought she wouldn't jinx me for it. I guess that depends on the situation.

>Wyston
I mean... If we were good friends, I guess an embrace could be appropriate when meeting.

ZENDIKAR WAS AN INSIDE JOB
UGIN IS WORKING WITH THE ELDRAZI
WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

IF GUUL DRAZ WAS EATEN FROM THE OUTSIDE WHY DID IT COLLAPSE

FACT
UGIN MADE A MECHANISM TO RELEASE THE ELDRAZI
FACT
A SCROLL CONTAINING THE SECRET TO GHOST FIRE AND A MAP TO THE EYE OF UGIN WAS ON A PLANE THAT WASN'T TARKIR.
FACT
UGIN'S KNOWN ACCOMPLICE, SORIN, WAS SEEN ENTERING THE EYE OF UGIN SHORTLY BEFORE THE TITANS BROKE OUT. HE WAS THEN SEEN PLANESWALKING AWAY
WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT THE SITUATION?

How would Serena swear other than "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE "

how many planes are there with a confirmed cycle of reincarnation, and how many are there out there that we know of that are confirmed not to have one?

>momma G
Yes
>The big Cock
Yes'm
>spooooder
NopeNopeNope
>hoooter
YupYupYup
>the bard
Yup
>the bug
Nah

I can't think of any with a confirmed cycle of reincarnation. We know Theros does not have one, unless you count the Returned as a new incarnation, and there are pretty strong indications that neither Innistrad nor Ravnica has one, though I don't think absolute confirmation.

confirmed yes: none
confirmed no: all of them

Serena could use hugs.

I'd hug Owl Mom whether she needed it or not.

I'd hesitate to hug R/W Serena but Mono-W Serena is perfect for snuggles.

Serena doesn't really swear and she tries to not use Avacyn's name in vain. She mostly just uses overly flowery exclamations really.

Something that interests me is Innistrad's natural tendency towards balance. Vampires upset this balance so Sorin restored it with Avacyn which actually created an imbalance in the other direction which caused the immortal demons to become prominent. With almost all the angels dead will we maybe see the opposite? With angels reincarnating to balance out the loses until they're back on a semi-even footing?

I'd hug Serena.
I'd hug my flakes, but the question is how well they would take it.
as for the swearing, I guess that comes from being an old maid.

I would hug Belloski
I would tuck him in at night and tell him stories of happy merchants and their profits
I would finish his story if I wasn't so damn busy
Also buying a booster box today. Should I post my pulls here or make a thread devoted to it?

Just post it here so I can be jealous. My SOI box was garbage.

>try to find a thread to talk about the new UR
>it's just filled with Gaia-tier OCfaggotry
when will this cancer wither and die

To be fair, the new UR was pretty much nothing. Gatewatch show up, get rekt, Lili saves them, Gideon is angry about zombies but everyone tells him to shut up.

And here you told me not to buy an EMN box.
I watching you
>points from eyes to tits

It's Nissa who's being a salty bitch because she doesn't like Best Plane
She's probably the kind of person who would block Eldritch Moon spoilers for being "yucky"
but srs tho if Innistrad was a person, she would bitch slap Nissa just for being an Elf

There was also some great shipping material
You know Elves existed on Innistrad, right? They're presumed extinct.

I sure hope they fucking stay extinct. The only good elf is a dead elf

You sound a little mad, user. You need to calm yourself

Is that bitch ever going to go back to mono white?

I keep wondering if the loss of it's elves was one of the first unbalancing things on Innistrad, and all the green they would have been using caused the werewolves to show up instead.

You seem upset.

It's possible. At the very least she'll go to WWR instead of RRW.

That "around elves, watch yourselves" goes for ancient dragons and milennia old vampires as well.
Murdock needs hugs badly but I like my kidneys to stay in place so I'd pass on hugging her.

>I keep wondering if the loss of it's elves was one of the first unbalancing things on Innistrad, and all the green they would have been using caused the werewolves to show up instead.
Conversely, it's possible that the steady worsening of Innistrad is what caused the elves to die out, since they would have been the first targets for any horrors. It's likely the elves were long gone before the first vampires, since there are no vampire elves, all those present in Markov's ceremony were human.

Maybe it was humans, spirits, zambies, and elves
humans killed Elves
Elves laid down the werewolf curse
I liked it, show that they can't do everything without any effort and the descriptions of them planeswalking was neat.
Well when leylines start trying to choke you, it's hard to remain fond of them.
Plus, she knows that the Chain Veil is full of spoopy and bad news.

They definitely died before the vampires were a thing. I was just wondering if their extinction lead to the werewolves, or if maybe the werewolves starting to spawn directly lead to their extinction.

I tell myself that every day when thinking about mtg.

I just want to know how good of a snack-stop Ravnica is.

Considering that the Golgari are in charge of agriculture, expect most poor man's food to be mushroom-based. Cloying, oily mushroom stews, sickly sweet candied morels, dried chanterelle crisps, etc.

I'm sure your fuck flake will get plebty of white mana to drink down. I bet she'll make a Rakdos blush yet.

Coming to the flake thread and complaining about oc faggotry is like going to a horse stable and complaining about the manure smell.

>werewolves came from elves
>nissa turns.
Someone's salty

I don't know about Ravnica as a whole, but Del's has quite the selection of tasty soups.

Everything is made of people.

have any of you guys played Arena of the Planeswalkers? does it seem like the kind of thing you could adapt snowflakes to work with?

when you really think about it, damn near everything you eat NOW is made of people.

Given that I just had a sandwich that consisted of some lettuce and tomatoes that I can guarantee the source of, a slice of bread which was basically flour water and eggs, a slice of cheese, and some pieces of leftover chicken, I'm going wonder what you're on about.

fertilizer is made of dead shit. humans are dead shit. often, land being used for farming sits where, long ago, things (probably decently often people) died and were buried/left.

there's a reason that for years after the world wars farming was better than ever.

No I haven't, but I am working on my own wargame version of MTG
Getting ranges under grips is a bitch though.

Sorin's entrapment was only temporary. It was made to last long enough to keep him in place before Emrakul destroyed everything. Nahiri didn't know the Jacetice League was going to deal with it. So, Sorin will be back in a few sets more than likely. He's too much of a fan favorite to throw away.

To be fair, no one with half a brain will free Sorin if the Gatewatch doesn't do it before they leave.

I guess he can operate a little mind control if anyone weak enough happens to pass nearby. I hope it doesn't happen cause it doesn't make for a very interesting way to introduce him back to the scene, but MTG these days is not really well known for well thought-out plots.

Perhaps, but he might not be able to cast high level spells if he can't concentrate well enough to planeswalk

Choose a system. Any tabletop. Stat your flake in it.

I think he'll get used to the pain eventually and break himself out. It's just a matter of time.

Shit, Maxwell was originally built for Mutants and Masterminds. Here's his sheet.

thought that I'd try and contribute a little

>Hilde has a new friend!

yay!