Age of Sigmar General

resources
pastebin.com/M09HXnQQ

Seeking the god-king's approval, edition.

>Point system pdf for matched game
>Thx, Based Leaker!
sendspace.com/file/n3nkx2
mega.nz/#!7lZ2yDYI!ANWwfQHiJjr5ZbH6sfyruGRPGgWiDjso2uSGyJem1lg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DC6vcScTwXc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Old man Bones

Ah ok in that case then. I don't own a chaos warrior miniature, just some of the blood warriors (pic related, i converted them to chaos warriors with mark of nurgle) and I assumed they were about the size of chaos warriors. I didn't realize how small they were. I do own some stormcast eternals though.

Orginial post here about the Warriors, coould it be possible to create a sort Fanboy faction? Like, after seeing their leader get turned into a stormcast, a bunch of Warriors see it as a easier way to Achieve Daemon Princedom, and thus become a Warband of Order, seeking to die in Sigmars name so as to become Stormcast?

That doesn't really work.
Stormcast don't really work like Daemon Princes and Warriors of Chaos can only be released if they are struck down by Ghal Maraz.

I saw someone with a similar idea, and he was doing an empire army with that theme, seeking to become stormcast eternals themselves by proving themselves in battle. This isn't to say it works, or that it's taught by sigmar's creed, but it's more of a valhalla ideal of heaven in battle sort of thing. I don't think it would be necessary to do the used-to-be-chaos backstory though. I'm not sure what warscrolls you would use for them though, because if they were seeking to become stormcast eternals, you couldnt use the stormcast eternal warscrolls. Maybe empire greatswords from the legacy warscrolls?

>empire greatswords
Sorry I didn't realize they moved to the GA:O book. They would be freeguild greatswords then, mainly for the 4+ armor

>cue a bunch of warriors begging the Celestant-Prime to smite them, with the Celestant-Prime looking vaguely conflicted about it
On more serious note, the silver tower has made it fairly clear that many followers of Chaos don't really give a shit about the gods as such as long as they grant their wishes. Meanwhile, the Reforging is actually a fairly close thing to battle unending and eternal life, something many mortal followers of chaos strife for. There is a connection there.
Mind you, Siggy doesn't actually want such people for his stormcast, but *they* don't know that...

>the silver tower has made it fairly clear that many followers of Chaos don't really give a shit about the gods

Doesn't matter if they don't give a shit, they're already lost. Slaves to Darkness.

>Reforging is actually a fairly close thing to battle unending and eternal life, something many mortal followers of chaos strife for. There is a connection there.

Reforging grants power that Chaos Warriors already have. The immortality is crappy compared to Daemonhood, and you don't even get to become a lord of daemons, instead probably settling for some low tier foot soldier.

Basically, the primary backstory goes like this; They're your average Slaves to Darkness, who in reality, dont give too much a shit so long as they keep getting power and they survive and aren't truly aligned with a god. Execpt of course, for their leader, who is a good man at heart. Cut to later, and their leader is struck by the CP, and comes back as a kick ass Stormcast. They see this guy and go, holy shit, these dudes are awesome, they're even stronger than Daemons, and they're also immortals! Plus, its way more likely for a hero to become a stormcast than a Daemon prince. Thus, they switch sides, and just sorta pretend that all those awful things they did never happened. They dont know that Sigmar will probably never accept them as Stormcast, but nobody wants to tell this group of Wannabe "Champions of Order" otherwise.

They'd either work with a Refluffed Slaves to Darkness ruleset, or some Proxied Freeguild.

Read this. No. Don't assume you've already read it. I mean actually read itright now word-for-word as if you were in a game arguing with your opponent and someone is trying to "read-into" it.

It can be read two ways:

1. The model itself takes priority over the warscroll. If the model does not have a weapon "option" that is listed on the warscroll, then that model cannot attack with it. If the model has 1 sword and 1 axe, but the warscroll says "sword, axe, and spear," then you cannot attack with a spear.

2. The warscroll takes priority. You can attack with all the weapon options listed (as opposed to options that any other model has). If the model has 1 sword and 1 axe, but the warscroll says "sword, axe, and spear," then you can attack with the spear, including any additional weapons listed.

To the user complaining that AoS bases are too big

I put ogors on 50mm rounds

so one wishing to be an eternal would have to be asking to out of pure selflessness

Sorry, I really don't see it working for chaos turned to order simply because the eternals are 'so awesome'

If it was choas turned order, you would need to come up with a better reason, like a series of instances where the gods abandoned them, didn't provide them with blessings and boons, a series of betrayals from other chaos, and someone from order convincing them they are actually on the wrong side of the war. It wouldn't simply be a case of fanboyism to get chaos warriors over.

Welcome to 8 months ago

I kinda want to go a beyonetta angels design angle for a counts as army, probably seraphon as they are the order daemons, any suggestions?

The number of attacks is based on the model. The weapons the model counts as using are based on the warscroll. It's not either/or; two different characteristics are described.

don't

Awesome. Was there an update that I missed?

For example?

>Terminators don't actually have terminator armor because it doesn't say so in their equipment

ok

can you offer a reason not to?

Do you not understand how weapon options work? It's pretty obvious. Lots of heros offer different combinations of weapons to match how they're modelable. Nothing will say that the model has 'all three weapons' or anything like that. Really isn't something that takes much thought.

It's called the "Giant Asshole trap" in the rulebook. Essentially it serves a noble purpose of revealing who is a gigantic asshole who looks for minuet wording in rules to gain an advantage in a plastic toy soldiers game.

an entire army made of green stuff is a waste of time

The update was the guy constantly insisting his warrior priest got 8 attacks for having two warhammers and being kicked out of the store

thats why I was asking for ideas, like how to convert from bits

Are you perhaps slightly slow, user? How is that even a question?

Well than yeah, lets do that; The warband itself was practically the punching bag of the other warbands. They got the shitty mutations, they never got boons, Daemons constantly team killed them, and their glories were stolen when ever they could be had. Maybe they werent loyal enough to the gods, maybe they just got the short end of the Chaos stick one too many times, but in the end, you have this group of disgruntled warriors, getting their shit pushed in and being just a step above Beastmen in rank. They feel abandond and betrayed, so when these golden fuekhueg Golden warriors, riding giany thunderbolts and flying in on angelic wings, bringing with them actual life and people, and stomping all those assholes who had treated them like shit, they feel like a little in awe. Like, holy shit, these guys are pretty fucking Rad. So they send a hero of theirs to them, to find out who the hell they are, and he comes back just full of Stormcast/Order propoganda, while also hitching a ride on the Celestant's giant mother fuckin Star Dragon, while also telling them, yes, you too can become one of these bad asses if you juuuuuust pillage those other Chaos assholes and worship Sigmar. So now you've got a reasonable set up for guys who look like Kick ass Vikings yet fight for Sigmar

I think you could make them not fucking retarded by saying they're a formerly barbaric tribe that heard about the Stormcast and that heroes are whisked away by the God King to become immortal warriors and thus try to prove themselves worthy of being reforged

Like mixing chaos marauders with flagellants, using free guild or devoted of Sigmar rules I guess.

Use wings from Stormcast. The angels in Bayonetta is kinda caked in bling and ivory to hide that they are cosmic horrors. So you want them to have a somewhat artificial look.

the warscroll mentions what combination can be taken

so bash from stormcasts and Tyranids?

>Nothing will say that the model has 'all three weapons' or anything like that.

Except like, my entire FLGS and everyone playing at the club. I thought it was very odd. I then played "all three weapons," and no one batted an eyelash.

> Essentially it serves a noble purpose of revealing who is a gigantic asshole who looks for minuet wording in rules to gain an advantage in a plastic toy soldiers game.

So then what if everyone else in the store is actually doing just that? I may be playing with a bunch of giant assholes.

The event organizer + all the other employees play that guy a lot.

>They're already lost
Uh, tell that to the "Greater Champion oofNurgle" who got redeemed. Their souls aren't lost till they're dead.

>instead probably settling for some low tier foot soldier

I think you mean, settle for either Daemons eating your soul or becoming but buddies with Nagash. Because thats 95% of what happens most of the time. You dont get to become the Daemon, you get fucking eaten. You failed. Its all or nothing with Chaos, you either becone a Daemon prince or you dont. The gods dont go "Aw shucks, sorry about that, here's a consolation prize".

Are you fucking stupid? I'm an actual lawyer and this is the most feeble attempt at rules lawyering I've ever seen.
You equip a model with a specific weapon. If the model comes with two or more weapons, the war scroll will tell you so. You attack with each weapon the model is equipped with, not all weapons listed on the war scroll.

Honestly, I really like that. It's not entirely grounded in fluff, but it is cool and unusual enough to make me look past that. AoS is flexible enough to accept something like that knocking about in one of the realms.
Now, building those for the tabletop might be a bit more difficult. Painstakingly filing off all the chaos symbols on the warriors would be a first step, I guess.

What a bunch of fucking grognards.

Also it single handedly makes the Empire General on Griffin the single best offensive melee hero in the game

Key word here is "armed with." If the model doesn't have a spear on it, it isn't armed with a spear so you can't use the spear weapon option on the war scroll. It's very simple.

Not only that, but the FAQ explicitly clarifies that dual wielding doesnt automatically grant you double attacks of that weapon. Sometimes it does, but most of the time it grants an ability that says something like 'reroll 1's" or 'reroll hits'. In the case of one of the ork characters, his choppa is 4 attacks, but dual wielding choppas grants him 6 attacks.

I'm calling shenanigans. Give me the name and phone # of the club, I'm going to shitpost IRL about this.

>Uh, tell that to the "Greater Champion oofNurgle" who got redeemed.

By Ghal Maraz, which we already acknowledged you faggot.

>I may be playing with a bunch of giant assholes.
You might be on to something there, user. Jesus Christ, I hate to be that guy, but have you considered not playing in non-shitty club?

>Are you fucking stupid?

No. Just very new to wargaming in-general and feeling warmly welcomed into the new hobby and all. . .

So, the equipment the model has on the actual model does count. Shit. I've been lied to this whole time!

>What a bunch of fucking grognards

Yah WTF? If that's true, then. . .I might as well be playing Overwatch instead.

>Key word here is "armed with."

OMG, thanks user! You've been a great help. Just dunno how I'm going to argue this to the rest of the players. Fuck it, I'm out. >_

Honestly you could take the route that the Darkoath Chieftan from Silver tower was taking in the novella made about that game; basically his tribe had been praying to Sigmar for a long time, but since Sigmar had closed off his realm and was focusing on the Stormcasts, he never heard them, nor sent any help. His tribe was being constantly harrassed by Chaos warriors, and Orruks, so the chieftain was looking for whatever help he could actually get to save his people from destruction.

I haven't read the full novel, but currently this Chieftain is conflicted between getting a dark chaotic boon to protect his people with, or joining the Knight Questor that's featured in the novel and (Its hinted at) becoming a Stormcast himself.

So its definitely grounded in the fluff that there are Slaves to Darkness that are genuinely just trying to survive by turning to the only gods that will listen.

Well, live and learn, I suppose.
That said, I *really* don't see how anyone could honestly argue for that. I mean, even basic logic would already solve that issue, but now that the FAQ is out it's even less of a matter.

Your the autist going "Hurr durr, not in my gamez" in a game thats basically lets anything be possible. So your telling me, that in the 9 different, infinite realms, not one group of Chaos Worshippers have ever gone "This is actually pretty evil." Thats fucking Retarded. We can have godbeasts, dream lizards, Ghouls who act like royalty, but heaven fucking forbideth one group of Chaos mooks from realizing that Chaos might be a shitty deal? Motherfucker, do you realize how idiotic your being? There is so much space, so much possibility, and so much magic/technology in this setting that ANYTHING is possible.

Mixed with Seraphon, Kroot and baroque Imperium bits it could work.

thanks man, this might be a pricey army but its a labor of love

They could, but from what we've seen, the Chaos Gods have measures to keep their worshippers loyal even if they are hated by their worshippers. Able to read minds and torture people that have been touched by their power and such.

I was just taking their word for it because I was relying on them to teach me to play.

So if the model has 2 weapons, but the warscroll has 3, van I customize the model to add the 3rd weapon, and thus gain a 3rd attack like that? What's to prevent me from just gluing on all the extra bits I can get hold of?

It all depends on the wording on the description part of the warscroll. You can derive what weapon loadouts are legal on it, generally it wont always let you have all weapons available to it even if the bits are all on the model.

>Your the autist

You're the autist, someone wanted input and got given input.
>Durrr just do anfin hurr hurr hurr
Is the most useless piece of advice ever, people understand that intrinsically, you autistic trash.

hrmn. if i hate horse and mounts in general but i want to use some units that only come with mounts, what are some good conversions to do that still lets me use those units?

Warscrolls list equipment options. Usually there are options, but they require swapping one set of gear for another. Occasionally there's an optional extras. Never is it ALL THE FUCKING SWORDS.

Piggyback riders is always fun.

seconding this

The warscrolls specifically will state what a model is equipped with and they're pretty good about having exclusive language showing that the weapon choices are not fucking stackable unless it says "In addition" or "all X carry Y"

Here is an example of what we are talking about. Ignore the battalion part, i just had this image on hand

The goblin warboss has the following one weapon loadout, you may not have all 3:
>git-cutta and shield
>2 git-cuttas (which allows you to reroll 1's to-hit, and not 10 attacks)
>git-slicer

Then you have the option to add the wolf mount on top of that. Hope this clears it up.

>stick a lance and a sword on the back of my general on griffon
>he can now use those weapons to

No problem. I hope you get around to post pictures.

>Then you have the option to add the wolf mount on top of that. Hope this clears it up.

Okay, that makes sense. So my opponent has the male Glade Lord w/the 2 handed sword and the bow on his back. Can he glue on a spear to his back, another sword at his side, and like, a falcon on his shoulder? [I swear to sigmar I'm not trolling]

Fuck

No

>Griffin gets 4 deadly beak attacks because it has two heads

>A Freeguild General on Griffin is a single model. Many Freeguild Generals ride to war armed with a Freeguild Lance to skewer their foes on the charge. Others prefer to carry a Sigmarite Runesword or Greathammer into battle.

You choose one weapon.

ONE.

YOU CAN'T GLUE ALL OF THEM TO THE MODEL AND SAY HE'S ATTACKING WITH ALL THREE CHOICES!

Why are there people out there who would even think to ask if this is okay?! Fuck!

No. Read the warscroll to see what combinations are allowed.

This. The warscroll tells you what loadouts you have.

For friendly games, you could have all weapon options on the model, but he has to choose what weapon option he is using that whole game. He can only attack with one weapon option the whole game. He cant switch between turns.

So when putting that glade lord down, you say "this game he is using the 2h sword.", then in a different game you could say he is using the spear, and so on.

I think it was either in this thread or another, I can't recall which, where there were people talking about allowing conversions if they at least looked like they had effort put into it. Chameleon Skinks came up. Didn't have my models on me at that time, but took a picture when I remembered about it.

Would you accept these converted Skinks as Chameleon Skinks? The one on the larger base also has the golden blowpipe, if you can't figure who that's supposed to be.

How many Heroes can you have at 1k?

The SOW event organizer/judge is all, "The most errors are caused when players confuse AoS with WFB, so forget everything you know about WFB [everything] and just play to the warscroll. Doesn't matter what model you have, proxy, etc. You can just say, "This is my Warboss, and then play to the corresponding warscroll." If it doesn't explicitly say that you cannot do something, then you can do it. The rules are just 4 pages, so anything goes. Everyone Else: "Alright then, ALL THE SWORDS."

Picture 2 from the side to help show the eyes and tails a little better.

Not at all. Look at the wording on various warscrolls. Notice how they follow the trend of:
"Some units of !things wield big swords, while others carry long stabby spears."
This means that for the entire unit, each model must be armed with either a sword OR a spear, and that all the models in the unit must have the same loadout. Therefore, it is illegal to model them with both a sword and a spear, as it is to mix models with swords and models with spears in the same unit. On the other hand, some warscrolls DO allow mixing, saying that "Out of every X models, Y can wield a special weapon rather than the default". To further complicate things, some models do carry multiple weapons and are able to attack with all of them. (For example, a model might have both a sword AND a handaxe). Read each warscroll carefully, and apply the rules on a case-by-case basis. The wording is actually pretty unambiguous if you read it carefully.

OP here again. It just occurred to me that this could be due to the fact that the SOW event organizer is a 40K player and has never played WFB at all. He just picked up some Stormcasts and his boss was all, "You're running the event; teach everyone to play."

I would totally accept that. They make perfect fucking sense to me.
>big chameleon eyes
>curled tails
Pretty much all the real features that set them apart from regular skinks. Nice work.

1-4

looks like baby's first attempt at greenstuff

0/10 see me after class

Thanks user. Much appreciated. I think the main problem is that no one is bothering to read other armies to spot the trends, but it's right on the money. I'll try to include this when making my case at my FLGS.

It may be tough, because some guys are going to miss those 8 attacks with their warrior priest, but play the meta, i always say, and if everyone unanimously likes to do things the wrong way, just follow the trend, as long as you know it's the wrong way.

Im just saying if you go and play at another store, and they do things properly, don't try to get away with the bullshit method, citing "well its how we do it at our store" as a reason.

Reposting from last thread to get a bit more feedback.

Quick mockup for my Chaos dwarf steam golem bull centaur conversion. Going to be covering up all of the sensors, replacing most of the hammer to match the rest of the chaos dwarf's weapons, replacing the wire with steam pipe-style tubing and adding the smokestacks from the forgefiend. Also going to be modifying the armor of the domitar to match that of the forgefiend, as well as adding horns/a new head or some fire in between the joints to emphasize it's a kadaii.

Any thoughts on modelling and/or what to count it as rules wise? I was thinking a slaughterbrute could work well for it rules wise, or a skullcracker. Custom rules could be cool but I'd rather not deal with any arguments. Modelling-wise my main concern is how to do the centaur body, since the forgefiend body is more insect-like and its tail isn't very animal-like. I'm also looking for possible helmet replacements, but it's tough due to the size.

Yes, I realize that it looks very 40k.
No, money is not a concern as I already have an old forgefiend and I'm getting the domitar for cheap.

I did exactly the same thing to mine so I'd accept them

From a modelling perspective, the tails could use a little more work. But it looks very unambiguously chameleon-y!

Bloodbros, I require your wisdom.
Goreaxes or gorefists?

Axes, but fists because it's way cheaper to get the starter set and eventually a box of blood warriors.

fists man

>Goreaxes or gorefists?

It depends who you face and what you like.

Axes means 0.44 wounds against 4+ armor and 0.44 for no respite.

Fists are 0.33. Assuming 2 saves before death (above average) they would also do an additional 0.33 wounds. No respite would produce a final 0.33.

Axes apply to all of your attacking unit. Fists apply only to what they get through. So, for 10 guys Axes do 8.8 and fists do 6.6 plus 1/6 of their armor saves. The more rend you face the worse fists get.

Sorry correction -- a fists does 0.08 wounds -- 1 wounds * 0.5 save * .167 chance to hit back = 8.4%

Still easier to collect and do fists due to the starter kit. If you buy into.bloodbound without that, or cherry picking, then axes are worth it.

>AOS is p2w

>The cheap starter set doesn't come with all the optimal weapons wahhhhhhhhh

It is joke user, please be taking pill of chill

Why are people so hellbent on maximising the efficiency of their units when they should be going by what looks the best instead?

Well I personally like the fists. When I have 2 units in combat, I like that I don't NEED to have them attack first, and if they are taking hits it's not a total loss and my opponent would be taking some MW's. I would recommend kitbashing a goreglaive for your champion if you do 10 man units

Different tastes and styles of play

Sigvald pls go.

Is he even still around?

Nah. Throgg the Troll King killed him and pissed on his corpse during the End Times. He's quite dead, and considering Slaanesh's current condition, he's probably staying that way.

I hope Slaanesh returns big time and brings sexy back.

"Sexy" referring to Sigvald, or just sexiness in general?

"Both" is a viable answer

No. His model is just a slaanesh chaos Lord

Slaanesh always goes more than one way and he doesn't judge which way that is either.

Oh snap is that what happened? Holy shit that's brutal, being killed by savage ugly. How did it happen? I didn't get to reading all of end times

I want this kind of sexy when Slaanesh is involved.
youtube.com/watch?v=DC6vcScTwXc

>Play Stormcast
>Field Swarms of Prosecutors Because angel dudes throwing Thor hammers is pretty cool
>Prosecutors super meh and eat shit most games
>Still love to set up a bunch of flying angels in plate armour.
Sigmar wills it.