Why I hate Magic now:

Why I hate Magic now:

Standard: Rotation is faster now, and thanks to broken mythics and power creep, prices are higher. It's basically just Yugioh at this point.

Modern: Too many unnecessary bans, and not enough decent countermagic.

Legacy and Vintage: Way too expensive.

EDH and Pauper: Not competitive formats.

I've heard stories of Yugioh vendors literally HIRING THEIVES to steal stuff for them so the store would get discounted product and the victims would purchase product from them to replace the cards that were stolen from them.

Trust me, Yugioh is MUCH worse.

The Solution is Forgery. Prices go low, and everyone can have decks of each format built and ready.

How is standard rotation faster now? It's still two years right?

Standard: ya pretty shit desu fampai
Modern: I doubt they will touch modern again since the axed it from the protour
Legacy: ya.... I know the feel
Vintage: ....ya
Commander: its just to fuck around with your friends
Pauper: you might beable drum up support

Eighteen months. Three blocks are allowed in standard at a time and blocks are now made up of two sets. A set is released every quarter. That means six sets every eighteen months, which is three blocks, which is the rotation time.

Everyone has migrated to Modern and EDH at my FLGS - there's less than a dozen Standard-losers left that play.

I find it rather odd that they sped things up in such a manner. I enjoy that we spend less time in each plane and get more varied cards now, but I think the big mistake here was speeding things up instead of slowing things down.

I couldn't afford to keep up with standard before, and I sure as hell can't keep up with it now.

How does Forgery works? I know i can Google but i want a biased, vague and dickish explanation.

For every story you hear about Yugioh, there's one for Magic.

>we spend less time in each plane

Stop it with the fucking lore! We are talking about the game. If you want to pretend you are a wizard, become a cosplayer.

Nigger, I'm saying its a fucking good thing because shitty mechanics are left behind quickly and shit gets changed up at a hopefully faster rate

Every format that isn't Limited: It's shit.

Call me a filthy fucking casual if you want. I admit it. I totally am one. But buying a pile of packs and doing some sealed with your friends is just about the most fun you can have in an afternoon of playing Magic.

>M-muh power creep
Meanwhile your average non-creature card becomes more and more worthless with rare exception where you'll get a decent card.

Bant is like $300-$400 right now, right?
That's way less than the dominant decks of Zendiscars, and Scars/Innistrad or Innistrad/Ravnica were about comparable.

>Paying for cards
Why not just play online on proxy programs such as Xmage or cockatrice? I play all formats but vintage there for free as much as I want.

>Meanwhile your average non-creature card becomes more and more worthless
The problem is non-creatures are getting more worthless while ( rare and mythic ) creatures are having a massive powercreep.

Something is wrong when a Standard deck is made up almost exclusively of rares and mythics.
Apparently Wizards thinks complexity == powerlevel instead of options and decisions.

An instant kill spell is 3cmc but rare but kill target attacking or blocking creature is 4cmc and uncommon?
Isn't having to keep it in your hand until conditions are met literally more complex than just instant unconditional removal?

>An instant kill spell is 3cmc
Black staple
>kill target attacking or blocking creature is 4cmc and uncommon
White staple

What's the issue fampai? Certain effects cost different amount of mana and have different conditions thanks to the colour their are assigned.

>The problem is non-creatures are getting more worthless while ( rare and mythic ) creatures are having a massive powercreep.
While there is a timmy-level power gap and increase of average power, on average older monsters effects are better. Look at Siege Rhino. How much play did it see outside of Standard?

>An instant kill spell is 3cmc but rare

They just reprinted Murder at uncommon, friend.

SeeI wanna try xmage but it's been such a clusterfuck trying to download and install it that I've given up.

I think the faster rotation pace has to do with how formats can be "solved" much more quickly now with results being immediately posted online. With so much information readily available it'll become more likely that a format will stagnate once players figure out the best decks to play. The way to address this would be to speed up the rotation pace so that WOTC can introduce new cards to shake things up.

>Want to play an updated remake of Shandalar game with modern cards in it
>Fucking clusterfuck with anime avatars
>Buggy as shit
>lolJava
>Complete pain in the ass to install properly
I hate this.

I didn't know that because at my prerelease I didn't open a single one.
Why does it feel like certain uncommons are rarer than rares sometimes?

>too many unnecessary bans
>No bans yesterday
Make up your mind

>Something is wrong when a Standard deck is made up almost exclusively of rares and mythics.
>Apparently Wizards thinks complexity == powerlevel instead of options and decisions.

It is part of their business strategy, Making the game about creatures swinging into each other, with very little in the way of removal or burn has opens certain avenues of the game to casual gamers, who can now go to FNM and other tournaments and not get curbstomped by savvier players.

On top of that, if you make the best creatures mythic and rate, lots of sealed product is going to get opened. Mtg not only has a never before seen number of players, but also it makes a lot more money.

Eventually, the game is slowly becoming lands, creatures and combat tricks. And this is not a decision that design made, regardless what Maro wants to tell us. It was made by the bottom line people.

Just play good old casual kitchen table magic with your buddies. If you don't have friends, then you're fucked, sorry.

>College mates quit playing magic after graduation and too busy with married life
>tfw work mates fired from job due to attendance
>work mates had strong decks that were fun to fight
>current work mates at my job are new to the game and get super salty when they lose
>their deck design+playstyles are not even as good as old mates, despite having decent cards for play
So that's why people quit magic...

I'm sad that's happened to you, because that just sucks (for a lack of a better word). I don't know if you're a misery loves company kind of person, but I only get to play with my friends a couple times a year. I also think that because I'm a collector of sorts (I'm a bit of a pack rat and I like collecting things) I enjoy magic for other reasons then play, like the artwork (except that the newer artwork is not as good as the older artwork in my opinion).

Yeah, I am still going to collect MtG cards because art is nice... but my spending will be reduced by a rather large amount since I have no reason to make new decks anymore. That said, Yugioh suddenly got big at my workplace, so I can atleast play some form of a card game. Too bad that Yugioh feels really limiting in how you build decks compared to MtG, feels like all the decks fit into the same three strict molds regardless of what theme they run in and it's basically a race to who can get their combo off first, game really lacks the play variety of MtG.

I actually can confirm at least one instance of that. Circa 2004, my parents owned a card store in Missouri. One day, some thieves took one of our rares binders. Lo and behold, there it was at another game store who were very vocal about being our "rival", and we eventually traced the thief to being one of the store's employees.

I believe their store is now closed, but my parents store was called Animation Depot (we also sold lots of other collectibles and stuff), and theirs was Neutral Zone.

And yeah I'm just an user, so believe me or not but I'm sticking to my story.

Kool aid drinking mother fucker
Most money is made during set releases so release more sets and you make more money. Speed up the hamster wheel and they will run faster.

Yes

The number of sets released is the same though, just it's actual sets instead of core sets.

Set release rate was not dramatically changed. They changed set to block ratio.
They don't want to speed up set release too much because design and development need time.

While you might hate the goals of r&d, they do spend considerable time trying to accomplish those goals

Because you suffer from confirmation bias and are a huge faggot who just likes to complain.