Feedback?

Hey guys, new to Veeky Forums, but was pointed in this direction.

I'm developing a card game, my first attempt.

At the moment I've got it down to a very simple "core" thats playable and thats it with the bare mechanics I want tested for quality.

Essentially I'm asking;
if I were to post some printables, would ths be a good place to post and get some feedback?
(or hell you could use MTG cards)

excuse the thread, but I saw no generals for this kinda thing.

This is a horrible place to get feedback, but you will post anyway because if you are here, you have no-where else to go.

Don't worry about posting a specific thread; general threads are cancer. Just see our four simultaneous Pathfinder General threads for proof.

Thats essentially it,
I wont be seeing any of my likeminded buddies for at least another three weeks.

I have a local shop but im wondering how inclined theyd be to test play something so small and undeveloped.

Should have started the thread with (one of) the cards as an image, or at least something more eyecatching.
Post some cards anyway, but except some harsh criticism.

I havnt worked on art yet,
it's all just been mechanics development and theorizing.

>harsh criticism
thanks, I'm aware of where I am.

You can post your cards even without the art.
Point is, without stuff to discuss the thread is kinda useless.

fair enough yeah,
I'll get something prepared to post so that it's concise.

May post to this thread if it's still around.

Hope to see something from you soon, OP. I love playtesting new card games.

Bump for hype.

If you want to print some testable cards go to a chinese vendor which I can't name because spam filters. They do a decent job, though it takes forever. Wait for one of their very common free-shipping deals as the shipping is often as much as the item itself.

what kind of card game is it?

where the cards at, dude

OP here,
writing out the rules into a booklet type format
and then compressing it all into a easy to follow visual revealed a couple flaws that I'm gunna work out. It's mostly done now but I wanna review it and playtest it myself.

I have work today so I'll make sure to start another thread tomorrow (or to this thread if it's still up by some miracle)

Good to know you haven't abandoned it.

Can't wait dude, I love testing other people's games.

I cant abandon this project man,
it's my first real wobbly step into my craft.

seeing this to the end.

checked btw.

As long as you don't give up like me then you're golden dude.

I would wait until you can find a live, in person test group. The feedback you get from understanding people who you can talk to in the room and be there to explain for is invaluable at an early stage.

Don't go into open testing until you've done a few closed, controlled testing cycles.

All you're going to get here, especially at this stage, is broad, useless criticisms, nitpicks, or comparisons to other games.

Any genuine or helpful criticism and feedback will be gimped because nobody here will take the effort to write out a full honest review in a thread like this.

I know it's tempting and exciting, and I'm very curious, but I strongly suggest you wait. I know you want to move ahead but sometimes you need to hold yourself back just a little.

Shut the fuck up, I want to play this new game.

Wait until it's ready to be played, baby