Resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

darchitectures.com/images/arc_real/9014829_3952_1.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Changelog 1.6
> Point Changes
* 120 points base to start
* Can gain up to 30 points from drawbacks to spend on anything. Note that this is down from 40, but it is *not* a nerf, because with the 10 point increase in base points, you can get to the same 150 points with fewer drawbacks.
* Can gain up to an *additional* 30 points in drawbacks (so up to 180 points total), except that these additional 30 points can ONLY be spent on Company, Items and Pocket Dimension purchases. The reason I did it this way is that, frankly, if all you're doing is purchasing things to make yourself into a lonely, living god, then 150 points is plenty to get everything that you really need, along with giving you a hard decision between several things that you *want*. On the other hand, if you also want to bring along family and friends, or empower descendants, then points become stretched *really* thin. So, this is to give you a way to rectify that.

> New Options
* New Minor Gift: "Of Indeterminate Age", a poor man's shapeshifting.
* New Drawback: "Shared World" +20
* New Item: Sanitary Pack
* New Item: Personal Omni-Wear
* Unique Rewards added for all quests part of the main CYOA.

> Alterations
* Allow up to 7 points to be spent on Extended Lifespan for Great Descendants; enough to reach present day from 10,000 BC. More if combined with

'Extended Lifespan' for all descendants.
* Minor Unique Rewards from Quests, but not regular ones, can now be earned past the "time limit". Except for Historian and Technophobe, because that

doesn't make sense for them.
* Removed species restriction on imported companions. They must now either be the same species as you choose, or whatever species they were before you

imported them. Have fun with your... lamias, or whatever.
* Wanderer's Journal reduced to 3 points.

> Clarifications
* Clarified language for Inheritable abilities.
* Rewording of Reflexes & Reaction 2, since bullets travel faster than sound in many cases.

(con't)

>reposting your own stuff
How pleb can you get

Still spacing fail. God.

1.6 Changelog Continued.
> Pocked Dimension Changes / Clarifications
* Garbage disposal, temperature control, Drinking Water free, initial blurb added several clarifications.
* All items replicable and self-repairing
* Running Water, Toiletries cheaper.
* Furnishings expanded to include lightning fixtures, and combined with carpeting/wallpaper.
* Pantry & Refrigeration combined, includes cooking equipment
* Running water includes laundry machines if needed
* Luxury Pack is a discounted combo.
* Chrono-Computer elaborated. New "Restricted Information" discount added.

>Not posting your oc

im crine

>reposting
>oc
user, there are limits to how retarded you can get.

>*shrug*
Kill yourself.

Oi! Post it.

I vaguely remember a cyoa. It had several factions and took place partially in a military base of some sort. Or a wizard school. Shit, I'm not sure. It had demons and cthulhids and maybe necromancers. You had to pick amongst other choices which of those to focus on in your fight when they all started invading. I'm not even sure it was a cyoa. It might have been a dream. Does it ring any bells though?

Oops, wrong changelog in last post.

Version 0.9.2
Changelog 0.9.2
>Magic System. Emphasize: No changes in costs since last version.
* Discounts for your purchase of magic for yourself now spelled out in hard numbers.
* Reworded magic section to remove the use of "level" entirely, because it was needlessly confusing. No actual changes in function from 0.9.1.
* Added (completely optional) extras 'Insanity' and 'Magic-Born' customization options to magic.

>Other
* Under "Soulless", may optionally add magics that return a vampire's soul.
* Added note that if you play as a Piskel, you can automatically breathe water, but can't breathe air unless you get Endurance
* New "Periodic Elementalism" adds fantastical materials to world

Also added more things to the "possible additions" list at the end. If you see something there you would really like to see added, let me know; if more anons express interest in a particular thing, I'm more likely to actually get around to it.

I know what you are talking about.
Let me try and find it.

Had to delete previous response because screwup, but, basically: I don't put my own stuff in the OP, because that seems tacky. For the rest, I suppose I could go "anonymous" to repost it, like I'm sure many other CYOA authors do, but that would seem silly.

Or I could wait until someone else posts it, but then I have to attach the changelog to it via response, which is just confusing because it's still fresh. "Reposting" something I put up for the first time an hour ago due to the change in thread is quite different than continually putting up the same thing of yours over time.

I have no intention, for example, of ever posting this version again myself, because there will be no need to.

>Because one is near-perfect peace among all races, and the other is the brutal destruction of another species while actively preventing them from forming any sort of society; likely to result in a gen/xen-ocide sooner or later. For those wondering.

Heh, point, but it's quite possible to eradicate the demon worshiping ones beneath, and then over the course of several millennia transform into a peaceful and open society.

If one has Major Telepathy, can they still learn the Avare language?

I'm not one to complain about stuff like sexism but this cyoa is pretty fucking funny. As if a few men, anons of all people, could keep female godzillas in line.

>King in Yellow
You are back, motherfucker?

It's over a year old.

D

C

is beri working on anything? i love that guy

gay

It doesn't help that I DON'T FUCKING KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH ELDRITCH HORRORS!

Major Telepathy allows you to overcome language barriers via direct mental communication; it does not actually teach you the language. So, if you have Major Telepathy, you can communicate with Avare, but you can't speak their language.

Just don't overanalyze them.

Lovecraft wasn't afraid of fish people because there's something wrong with fish. He was afraid of them because he was horrified by his own jewish ancestry.

>not loving Beri

Kaifu = Kaiju + Waifu
Their transformation alters their brains in such a way that they latch on to their handler, instinctively trying to become their perfect waifu.
Most normal guys don't have a region of their brain specifically dedicated to mentally puppeting and controlling waifus, but the amount of CYOAs that we have done means that we have a dedicated region of our brain that the chip can link to.

A

Could someone post the Dark City cyoa?

>Needing More Space for the Cooking Suite
I used to live in half the size of the basic pocket dimension and it was enough for all of that plus a sink.

>Periodic Elementalism
mite b cool for the free & sustainable quest

I am supposed to fight against that thing even if I didn't pick it because it's the BBEG of the setting.
Fight it. Oh, better yet: fuck it!

What are you, some kind of Hongkongese?

I hope so. He recently came out with a new page of Branching Heart after a long hiatus for an unknown reason.

But on the other hand, I don't want to rush him if he has something IRL going on.

It's a mental trick, user. You only lose to it if you play its game.

The King is Always watching. Take off your mask...

Hey, thanks for all the hard work and thought you've been putting into this CYOA. Since you're asking for suggestions, I wanted to ask about a feature I've been wanting. I was thinking of a relatively cheap option under items that allows you to protect a number of objects (maybe two levels, 99, 999?) from deterioration due to age and minor wear. I don't know about other anons, but I think it would be really cool to be able to collect gear, souvenirs, and trophies through the ages. Without an option like this, even stuff that you store in a steel box under a mountain is going to be falling apart after a few thousand years. Obviously you'd have to set a limit on mass or volume.

Not to bloat the option too much, but you could have an option to store and summon the objects from an extra-dimensional pocket. The summoning could take a minute of concentration if you wanted to limit its strategic usefulness.

Just some ideas I've been kicking around. Feel free to disregard any or all of them.

Rolled 7, 7, 8, 9, 5, 3, 5, 7, 3, 7 = 61 (10d10)

Start Location: Megacity Three

Enemies: ALL

Powers (145): Dynamic Storage, Virtual Armour, Data Anchor, Object Destructor, Dissembly

Items (225, all): Search-Scanner, Enhanced Vision, Object Segregator, Shock Maniple, Datafrag Grenade, Overload Module, Reversal Algorithm, Cycle Accelerator, Mainframe Tunnel

Frankly, with these upgrades the only thing that really has a chance against me is the "boss" The Yellow.

It is more powerful than I, but thanks to Data Anchor, I have ten shots to take it down. I'm going to say I need a 10 on a d10 on one of my rolls.

We'll see...

>Black Dragon
>Vow: Hedonism
>Mark: Tribal Tattoos

>Boons:
Magic
Other Magic: Conceptual magic; Change
Appearance: 9/10 Handsome

Present day Earth except;
1. added Urban fantasy elements: the Supernatural is real, excluding anything that could pose a serious risk to me
2. changed my past: my family is wealthy and I live a comfy life.
3. added the existence of a collective consciousness type entity that governs anything that happens in this world and is absolutely and unchangingly designed to enrich my life, obeying any direct request if needed
4. changed the lives of anyone who ever visited Veeky Forums to be happier and more fulfilling, assuring they will all find true love, unless that directly interferes with my personal happiness

I might be THE munchkin but I'll throw you guys a bone.

Alas, I fall victim to its corruption. The Yellow surely cannot be stopped...

At least I bought the mainframe some time by weakening it with that "9". Hopefully a new hero will arise to finish the job.

Alright, it seems I'm lacking the knowledge necessary. What should I know and what I should NOT know? You seem to be famillar with the subject.

I still don't know whether that whole Mask thing means we're Hastur or what the fuck. I guess I should read those short stories but I'm sure one of you clever ones can tell me instead.

Stop thinking about it and enjoy your day.

That could be worked into the existing pocket dimension though, like all objects that you bring into it get preserved or something

thanks munchkin! do you think you'll do anything about climate change while you're at it? like tell the entity to fix it if it can? not sure what its limits are..

I'm not happy about the AI or you not specifying what "supernatural is real" entails… but I do approve of your last point, so that's nice.

I don't plan to do anything. I want live a normal life with a guaranteed safety cushion. That's what I always do with incredible powers. Is that strange?

Yeah, I thought about that, but I personally would rather have it be a separate option. That's just me though, integrating it would probably simplify things.

It's boring, and you lack the whole "adventure" part of "choose your oen adventure"

Why is the major threat option of the lizardman not that the modern conspiracy theories are true and have been since the dawn of mankind?

Not strange. It's just wish-fulfillment which is one of the core elements of choice games.
Nah.

Nothing would make me happier than live a stable, happy life without hardships. It's the exact opposite of my current life which makes it real wish fulfillment.

Why is the major threat option of the lizardman not that the modern conspiracy theories are true and they hide amongst us disguised as jews?

Enchanting can do that, except for the "cheap" part.
With the minor magic, you can enchant your item to be more durable and slightly self repairing, and refresh the magic when it runs out.
With the major one, enchant a box to repair and protect everything inside.

Acheld, how powerful is minor enchanting anyway? Would it be good enough to turn a butter-knife into a good weapon, or could it just make it lighter and really good at spreading butter?

Because the reptilian are a different species that already exists without choosing this option

Did you find it, user?

>"Is that strange?"
>yes
>"nah"
Now that is strange
Like I said, you're not choosing an adventure, which makes it strange.

Rolled 5, 9, 2, 5, 4, 3, 9, 2, 7, 4 = 50 (10d10)

You can beat it with 10d10? I copy your build, hoping that chance won't go to waste!

Second and seventh shots were really good. I'm done, but you guys can take a breath...

Which cyoa tabboos will dissapear through the passage of time? Will there come a time when we make nazi cyoas with cute juden hunting waifus?

Hastur wears no mask, silly little program.

The only reason there's no nazi waifu CYOA is because you haven't made it.

Rommel-chan will be my Waifu

Really? I thought their was one.

Go big or go home.

Waifu cyoa will always be hated, you fucking untermensch.

Do you actually want to take the cooking suite in the tiny room? If you'll actually make use of that option, I'll change it.

true

First, thanks; glad you're enjoying it. Second, it's honestly a good idea, and one I hadn't considered. I will seriously ponder it.

It would be a cool option to set apart from the pocket dimension if possible. Also, I'd have to think about the implications of making everything brought into the pocket dimension "timeless"

Heh. I *could* maybe do a spin on that...

Both sound like good options for enchanting; adding a cheaper alternative that *only* preserves items might be useful for someone who didn't want to go whole hog on that magic, though.

I would say... it could turn a butter-knife into a decent combat knife, but nothing amazing. OR really good at spreading butter, yes.

Alas!

There's a dictator waifu one with girl Hitler, but no dedicated nazi waifu CYOA.

They're hated in the same way contrarians like you can't stand anything being popular senpai.

Ah, that's what I was thinking of.

>Lots of people are jews so it must be okay, it's a very popular religion! You're just being a hipster!
Keep trying, Goldenberg.
Your argumentum ad populum can't fool a true Aryan.

You sure you have the right post? I've been telling user to make himself a nazi waifu CYOA the whole time.

C'mon user, be cool. Chaddeum is a great guy.

>Do you actually want to take the cooking suite in the tiny room? If you'll actually make use of that option, I'll change it.
I'll probably take the More Space upgrade anyway, I just don't understand the restriction.
Pic related, it's 20m2 (a tiny bit smaller than the base pocket dimension)

what is this, an image for french ants?

Fair enough; the restriction is probably taking up needless room anyway. I don't think anyone is going to spend 3 points on the kitchen upgrade before they spend 4 points on making their place not a closet.

Yes, upscaled with waifu2x.
Original here: darchitectures.com/images/arc_real/9014829_3952_1.jpg

Yo, is Ferrean around? I was just reading over the half-dragon CYOA in a fit of boredom, and was wondering if I could regrow a limb with sufficient magic. I could do without a leg for as long as it took to grow myself one, so long as I had a proper pair of wings.

Wasn't magic basically the munchkin option that let you do everything?

>who needs that much room?

Could someone post more waifu CYOAs?

If you're referring to the drawback that makes you lose a limb that's a "magic decapitation", whatever that means. Basically it's gone forever.

But I think the drawbacks were kind of dumb. I'm remaking all of them so that they're not too harsh and adding more.

As a progress update, the intro page is done and the first page was finished then scrapped. A new magic system is in the works as well, everyone will get magic but it's a tad more limited.

Yeah, please don't. The current cyoa is pretty good so if you're going to start limiting us even more that'd be a complete shit. It's already bad enough that the first update reduced dragons to pitfighters who get bullied by lamias, and lolis who can get cursed by a mere magical girl. It's losing that dragon feel.

I'd rather everyone NOT get magic than be forced into getting limited magic.

Will you be updating Ira so people won't feel like monsters for liking her as she is?

Thanks for the advice. I'm aware of a lot of these problems and trying to make it more of a simple "here are powers, pick some" CYOA like you guys want.

The quests have been removed, but I still feel like magic should be addressed. If anyone has ideas on a better way to implement it please let me know. Or if you guys don't want me to touch it, that's fine too.

Yeah, I messed that up.

>more limited
Please no.

I don't know of anyone asking for it to be more simple, outside of that one guy who keeps complaining about lamias I don't know of anyone who minded the quests EXCEPT the Ira one.

I'd advise you not to touch magic, but if you do want to address it as you say, a compromise would be to, assuming I know your intent, give everyone a 'tad more limited' version of magic just for being half-dragons, then offer as one power selection choice the original magic in the earlier versions of the CYOA. It should make people less inclined to always pick it.

>If anyone has ideas on a better way to implement it please let me know. Or if you guys don't want me to touch it, that's fine too.

Ferrean you're only going to get mixed opposing opinions about how to properly implement magic, if you try to incorporate all of the suggestions being thrown your way, you won't get anywhere. Because designing by committee sucks.

In this scenario its best for you to continue with whatever you have planned, finish the update and post it, and let us bash our heads/whine/bitch/moan all the problems it has.

Wrong. The idea that, because not everyone can be pleased, you shouldn't bother trying to please anyone is completely warped. He SHOULD listen to and integrate criticism, and use his own judgement on deciding what is and isn't a good idea. You're advocating an extreme position just as bad as using literally every suggestion, because it's turtling up and refusing to improve your work.

The way he is currently implementing the magic system; a limited one available to everyone, was based on initial constructive criticisms people were telling him that the magic option was way too versatile, flexible, overpowered and is capable of mimicking almost every other option in the cyoa.

Now people are telling him to reverse the decisions. Quite frankly if Ferrean posted another status update on another day, you can bet your ass that the general opinion is going to be completely different again.

At this point, Ferrean just pick a direction and stick with it, or he'll never finish the update due to having to change the cyoa every time a different set of people wants him to go another direction.

A few people were telling him that. Probably you. More people liked the magic, also, see , if you want to discourage people from always taking magic without weakening it.

>I think I know everything about Ferrean's creative process
Psychic?

Muad'Dib/Super Napoleon/Guide of the Revolution build

Time And Place:
>Paris, 14th of July 1789

Appearance:
>Handsome and in my forties. Can help to be taken seriously.

Social Position:
>One Percenter

Mental:
>All upgrades at maximum level.

Physical:
>Pain Control 2
>Endurance level 1
>Super Senses level 1
>Diet level 2

Supernatural Gifts:
>Divination, Major
>Telepathy, Major

Items:
>Book of Culture
>Book of Knowledge

Pocket Dimension:
>Time Dilation
>Chrono-computer

Quests:
An Empire Eternal

I wanted to see what a mentally-focused build would look like. Now I know.
The goal is to defend and strengthen Revolutionary France with all my considerable skills. As a deputy then probably as a committee leader.
The fun part will be experiencing these very turbulent and heightened times and hanging out with the likes of Danton, Mirabeau and Robespierre.
My main weakness is that I'm quite easy to kill. I'll have to actively use Divination, Telepathy and Super Senses at all times to preempt assassinations and coups. I'll never drink or eat to circumvent poisonings and I'll only sleep in the safety of my pocket dimension.
A very busy, very paranoid life awaits me!

user I was not part of that crowd, nor am I discouraging people from voicing constructive criticism.

However what I am trying to convey is the fact that the creator reserves the right to refuse to incorporate new ideas and concepts if those ideas serve only to compromise the balance or theme of the OC and thus leading to a inferior end product.

So far we have no idea what the current WIP magic system looks like other then the fact that magic is available to everyone albeit with limitations. And we don't even know what those limits are or how balanced magic in this system is compared to all the other options.

People are literally just making suggestions to keep the magic option strong and flexible in the dark.

So yeah, Ferrean can either continue with his current direction of implement a limited magic system available to everyone or make magic a strong and flexible yet expensive option.

And even if Ferrean also includes the original magic option as an upgrade, it won't deter people from being less inclined to pick it, because magic is just extremely useful.

Love it! Unique build and time period. I'm really happy to see something like this.

Given your situation, you might arguably be better off with Iron Gut than bothering with Diet 2; this would allow you to enjoy food and wine, and be cheaper in points besides.

How do you plan to use Time Dilation?

>the creator reserves the right to refuse to incorporate new ideas and concepts
He does. He should be given the power to make that judgement for himself, not be told by other people to literally ignore anyone attempting to help him. That's not the same thing at all, that's inference.