Dragonball Quest #56

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a sixteen year old boy named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

22nd World Martial Arts Tournament

>>youtube.com/watch?v=K8JwUGR9Sok

#BeatUpYamacha

"What do you think you're doing?!" you shout up to Yamcha.

"Ha....." he continues, a glowing blue ball of light appearing in his hands.

"I promised Puar I wouldn't beat you down too badly!" you shout up to him.

"ME...HAAAAAA!!!!" he shouts, thrusting his hands down toward you.

A massive, blue wave of light shoots down at you, and you leap out of the way as quickly as you can. It strikes the stage, creating a massive explosion and a powerful gust of wind.

You hold your hands toward Yamcha, and release your Light Shot, sending a small ball of light from your palms that quickly crosses the distance between the two of you.

Yamcha, searching for you on the ground, doesn't see it coming, and is entirely blindsided. Letting out a yell of pain and surprise, he plummets toward the ground.

"In a strange act, Yamcha, a student of the Crane School, has used the signature technique of the Turtle School against Tofoo!" the announcer shouts. "Yet. somehow Tofoo's avoided the devastating attack and taken the opportunity to catch Yamcha off-guard! This may be it!"

You quickly find yourself falling from the sky. But, being in a much better position than Yamcha at the moment, you land just fine, ending up in a crouch and rising to see Yamcha sprawled out on the floor of the ring.

"I don't think Yamcha's getting up from that one," the announcer tells the crowd. "But I'll start the count anyway! One! Two! Three!"

The crowd roars with applause as the announcer continues, though you can practically feel the glares of the Crane School members melting through your skull.

>A. When the announcer ends the match, take Yamcha and bring him to the medical area

>B. Tell Yamcha that he fought well

>C. Call Puar, and ask him to take Yamcha somewhere to recover

>D. Don't say anything, just leave the ring once the count is done

>E. Something else

>>A. When the announcer ends the match, take Yamcha and bring him to the medical area
>>B. Tell Yamcha that he fought well

>A. When the announcer ends the match, take Yamcha and bring him to the medical area
>B. Tell Yamcha that he fought well
Is he sprawled out like I think he is?

user, I'm not sure what you're referring to

>>A. When the announcer ends the match, take Yamcha and bring him to the medical area
Good times, beating up Yamcha..Beating up Yamcha some more

yes you do
>captcha is a bakery called "the negro"
what?

I can assure you, there is no severed hand next to him

You remain where you are as the announcer finishes his countdown.

"Nine! Ten! The winner of the first match is Tofoo!" the announcer calls.

The crowd cheers, and you can hear your friends shouting to you, congratulating you and telling you that they're proud of your victory.

Ignoring that for the time being, you approach your unconscious opponent, bending down and scooping him up.

"You fought well," you tell Yamcha.

It's true. While he wasn't strong enough to defeat you, he still pushed you further than you'd expected, and the amount of progress he's made in the past three years is incredible. If he'd had more time to train, he could have possibly caught up to you, maybe even surpassed you.

Turning away from the crowd, you carry Yamcha out of the ring, intending to take him to the medical center to get his injuries treated. You don't think you did anything too severe to him, but it's worth checking out.

As you step out of the ring, you pass Goku, Krillin, and Jackie Chun.

"Great job out there," Krillin tells you.

Passing them, you continue on your way, until you find your path blocked by Tenshinhan.

"Where are you taking him?" the three-eyed fighter asks.

>A. To the medical center

>B. Ask if he'd rather take him there

>C. Tell him to get out of your way

>D. Something else

>>A. To the medical center

>>A. To the medical center
Just to clarify, Tofoo has little to no real martial arts training right? Mainly just the brief time he spent with Roshi.

Yeah, we're all self taught. Hence why we have our own school of martial arts.

Right. He pretty much taught himself to fight while living alone for years. Roshi never taught Krillin or Goku any actual martial arts, though, unless you count them teaching themselves the Kamehameha Wave

That makes it seem like Shen is the only one who actually teaches his students

>A. To the medical center

Pretty much. The entire point of the Turtle School is that there is no set fighting style. Roshi gives his students challenges to help them overcome normal human abilities. He does it in a karate kid method that somewhat translates into fighting.

Thats... intuitive if not a little lazy

"To the medical center," you tell him.

Tenshinhan looks confused, then amused. "Sympathy for your opponents is a weak trait that only leads to self-destruction."

"Would you rather take him yourself?" you ask.

He holds out his arms, and you hand Yamcha over. Without another word, Tenshinhan turns and carries your opponent off.

"Tofoo," you hear Jackie say from behind you.

You turn to find the old man staring up at you with great concern. Jackie's always been a pretty relaxed guy who doesn't really seem to let much get to him. If he's worried about something, it must be pretty major.

"Is what Goku says true?" Chun asks. "Did you really kill Mercenary Tao?"

"Why does everyone keep asking that?" Goku asks.

>A. Yes

>B. Yes, but only in self defense

>C. Yes, why?

>D. Something else

>>C. Yes, why?

>D. "Well, technically he blew himself up."

>B. Yes, but only in self defense
"He threw a grenade at me when I had my back turn for second asking Upa and his dad on whether I should trust his words on him not harming us again."

>>D. "Well, technically he blew himself up."

>C. Yes, why?
>>D. Ask Goku why anyone besides him and Upa/Bora know this?
Click all the street signs, one says "despair" is it an omen SOM?

Well, some major shit is coming up, so maybe

Seconding this

"Well, technically he blew himself up, but yes," you answer. "Why?"

"Oh, my.." Jackie sighs. "Tofoo, you and Goku don't know the ramifications of what you've done. Mercenary Tao is the Crane Hermit's younger brother."

"Really?" Goku asks. "But they don't look anything like each other. Then again, Master Roshi doesn't look anything like his sister Baba, except for the whiskers."

"Yes, and I've no doubt Tenshinhan has already informed his master of your role in Tao's death," Jackie explains. "You two now have the full wrath of the Crane Hermit focused on you."

>A. You aren't afraid

>B. You can try explaining things to Crane Hermit

>C. Go see your other friends

>D. Something else

>>C. Go see your other friends
>Oh well

>>A. You aren't afraid
>>B. You can try explaining things to Crane Hermit

>A. You aren't afraid

>C. Go see your friends
>>D. Make it clear to Goku he should keep his mouth shut about things like that from now on

"I'm not afraid," you tell Jackie.

"And that's what worries me," he replies. "Given the situation, fear is the proper response. Crane Hermit is a very dangerous enemy to make."

"I can try explaining things to him," you suggest.

"A respectable approach," Jackie tells you. "But one doomed to failure. Shen has always been stubborn, and now, he has surely become blinded by rage. There will be no getting through to him now."

"It'll be fine," Krillin assures Jackie, coming to your side. "Tofoo's had all kinds of creeps come after him before, and he's still here. Besides, he has me and Goku."

Goku nods, smiling. "We won't let anything happen to him."

Jackie smiles. "He is quite lucky to have friends like you. Speaking of, I'm sure your other friends are waiting for you, Tofoo. The matches are over for today, so why not go and celebrate with them?"

>A. Good idea

>B. Ask we he and the others bothered sticking around for this match if none of them were fighting today

>C. Something else

>A. Good idea

>>A. Good idea

>>A. Good idea

>A. Good idea

>A, I'm assuming you stayed to scout me.

>>A. Good idea
>>C. Thank him for sticking around for this match even though he didn't have a match today. Tell him you hope to see him in the finals.

>A. Good idea
>B. Ask we he and the others bothered sticking around for this match if none of them were fighting today

"Good idea," you tell him.

Jackie takes his leave, and you start heading for your friends, accompanied by Goku and Krillin.

Partway there, however, Krillin stops.

"Sorry, guys, I've got to go to the hospital to check on Chichi and Ox King," he tells you. "I'll see you both back at the hotel."

Krillin rushes off as you and Goku continue on your way.

"He sure does spend a lot of time with Chichi and Ox King," Goku comments.

>A. That's because Chichi's his girlfriend

>B. Tell Goku he'll understand when he finds a girl he likes

>C. Don't comment

>D. Something else

>>B. Tell Goku he'll understand when he finds a girl he likes
We really gotta get Suno in Goku's pants soon.

Oh hey, this talk

>>B. Tell Goku he'll understand when he finds a girl he likes

"And no I'm not talking about like, but "like, like""

>B. Tell Goku he'll understands when he finds a girl he likes
Bardock wasn't this socially retarded, Jesus.

"That's because Chichi's his girlfriend," you tell Goku.

"I still don't get that," Goku tells you. "What makes a "girlfriend" so special?"

"You'll understand when you find a girl you like," you promise.

"I like plenty of girls," Goku insists. "Bulma, Launch, Chichi, Suno, plus some friends I made during training."

"Not like, but "like,like", Goku," you explain.

He looks at you with pure confusion. "What are you talking about?"

>A. Ask if he's being serious

>B. Explain that sometimes boys and girls like each other in special ways.

>C. Tell him that you'll sit him down and explain it later

>D. Something else

Bardock also didn't spend the first twelve years of his life without seeing another person besides his grandpa, and had actually grown up around girls

>>B. Explain that sometimes boys and girls like each other in special ways.
We're doing this now

>>B. Explain that sometimes boys and girls like each other in special ways.

I said we needed to do this yesterday
Can we have Bulma help us explain?

>B. Explain that sometimes boys and girls like each other in special ways

You can ask whoever you like, but Goku isn't very good with this sort of thing. The concept of a suitcase was amazing to him.

>Bulma
>Not her father, the best briefs
user do you want Goku to stay retarded

teamfourstar is wise as always

I don't but Dr. Briefs isn't here atm, krillin took off, and roshi would give goku the wrong idea we need to explain it in concepts he can understand like fighting or food

"When you find a girl you like you tend to spend more time with her than you would usually do with other people. Going on dates and eating tasty food, doing fun things together. Dr. Briefs might be a better person on explaining this than me though."

I would say Roshi might work, but superpredator Goku would not be a good thing.

"Sometimes boys and girls like each other in a special way," you tell Goku. "When you find a girl you like that way, you spend more time with her than you usually would with someone else. You go on dates, eat tasty food, and do fun things together."

"Fun things?" Goku asks. "Like fighting?"

Well, depending on the girl, maybe. But you still aren't sure Goku's entirely grasping the concept.

"Doctor Briefs might be better at explaining this than I am," you admit.

"I'll try asking Krillin," Goku promises.

The two of you soon find your friends, who grin as they see you coming.

"Kid, that was one heck of a show," Oolong tells you. "Best fight I've seen in years."

"Have you even seen a fight since the last tournament?" Bulma asks.

"On television, yes," Oolong answers.

"That was one heck of a beating you laid on Yamcha," Launch, now in her bad form, tells you. "You should've hit him a few more times, though."

"You were terrific up there," Bulma tells you.

>A. Thank them

>B. Ask where Master Roshi is

>C. Ask Bulma if she can help you explain relationships to Goku

>D. Ask Bulma if you can have a kiss for doing such a good job

>E. Ask if anyone else is hungry

>F. Something else

>>A. Thank them
>E. Ask if anyone else is hungry
time to ignore those flags

>A. Thank them
>>F. Ask OOLONG to explain that to Goku, and we can reward him for patience later

>A. Thank them

>48361640
>A. Thank them

D is kinda thirsty for right now it was just the first match we still have more to come

Oolong probably lacks the patience to explain it. Then again, so does Bulma

>A. Thank them

>A. Thank them
>F. Finally thank Launch for giving you the idea to train yourself

>A. Thank them

Yeah, we need to thank launch for the idea

That's why I'm saying we bribe Oolong to do it, he's probably more well equipped, even with less patience.

What would you bribe him with?

Oh yeah, we should probably do that.

Second thanking Launch with my former votes of

panties

"Thanks, guys," you tell your friends. "And Launch, thanks for giving me the idea to train myself."

"Wait, that was you?" Turtle asks, just now catching up with the group.

Launch chuckles to herself. "No problem, kid. See? I told you you'd do better by yourself than you would listening to that old pervert."

"Huh, Launch had a good idea, go figure," Oolong says. "I guess crazy isn't the only thing that comes out of her mouth."

"I heard that, pork chop!" Launch shouts, punching him in the back of the head.

"Hey, Bulma, can you help me explain relationships to Goku?" you ask.

"Huh?" Bulma asks. "Relationships?"

"Krillin's been spending a lot of time with Chichi," Goku tells her. "Tofoo's been telling me why, but I still don't get it."

"Okay, what aren't you understanding?" Bulma asks.

"Tofoo says that boys and girls that like each other do things called dates, where they do fun stuff," Goku tells her. "Does that mean they fight?"

"Well, my parents called it wrestling," Oolong mutters.

Bulma glares at the pig, then looks back at Goku. "They do something they both enjoy."

"Oh, I think I get it," Goku tells her.

>A. Ask if anyone wants to go get some food

>B. Progress!

>C. You still aren't sure he gets it

>D. Ask if anyone has seen Master Roshi

>E. Something else

>>E. Something else
Let's take Bulma on a date to show Goku an example.

>>C. You still aren't sure he gets it
>Yeah we're going to need Dr. Briefs

Smart man

>>B. Progress!

Not sure if smooth or super lame. But I'll support it all the same

I like this very much but I am gonna go with fourstar

>C. You still aren't sure he gets it

>>C. You still aren't sure he gets it
>>D. Ask if anyone has seen Master Roshi
Can we like find the Dragonballs, summon Shenron and make Shenron explain it to Goku?
I'd suggest wishing it, but as Shenron would say:
>"I cannot grant a wish beyond my power."

>>E. Something else
Let's take Bulma on a date to show Goku an example

>>B. Progress!
in addition to

>B. Progress!

Fuck it, changing my answer to take Bulma on a date so goku can learn, he is a hands on guy and certainly is dense enough to not give a fuck being a 3rd wheel. I hope Bulma goes for it

I'll throw my hat in with this

>B.

And this.

Let's ask him if there are any girls that he's met recently that seemed to like him before we do.

>B. Progress!
can I vote against the date?

>Taking Goku on the first date
I implore you to reconsider

Idunno, you seem to be in the minority here

It's a pretend date, still has its uses in the sense we get to read what Bulma's interests are for the real one.

You can't stop it, SOM.
We will get Goku a waifu, and we will make sure Bulma has a cool dude to date.

We could always have a "proper" first date later, but I agree it worries me too

Call a vote for it.

Guys don't take Goku on the first date. Please. After Bulma and Toofo have been dating awhile and they are comfortable, sure.

But not the first.

My god what have I done, it was only suppose to be a joke...