Halo: Ground Command drops in a week edition

myemail.constantcontact.com/It-s-landing---.html?soid=1103441312609&aid=A2nAzV7AoJk

So is anybody else getting this? Is anyone else hyped?

Other urls found in this thread:

community.spartangames.co.uk/index.php?/topic/18156-halo-ground-command-designers-view/&page=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm always hyped for 15mm anything.
Definitely getting some Spartans for sweet conversions

Yep, it seems like they won't commit the HFB error of bundling everything, which should make things cheaper.

I'd need to see the rules for it.

Actually looks pretty good.

fuck YES!

I get to paint ODST? and MARINES? and make myself some SPARTANS and ELITES TOO!?

so much for vacation, i'mma spend all my spare cash on NERD STUFF! fuckyes

The rules aren't out for it yet, but this thread they talk in depth about it and it looks pretty cool.

community.spartangames.co.uk/index.php?/topic/18156-halo-ground-command-designers-view/&page=1

would this be a good first time wargame?

15mm seems like it would be hard to paint

Also nobody fucking asked for fleet battles when it comes to the halo universe. I mean I guess a tiny percentage of folks might but the overwhelming majority want ground combat, because well, Halo

space naval action was a real big thing in the halo universe, though. like, really pivotal.

only one thing I care about

Are their ODST models?

Story wise? Yeah, as a tabletop game people wanted? Not really.

They are using Halo: Reach models.

I'd say that's more Spartan than actual demand. Spartan likes their naval combat games.

At the very least they seem to plan to do something interesting with it, by allowing boarding actions to be played as minigames of H:GC

>hard to paint

Media for playing giant units translate well in 15mm because the models end-up being 1-3in in size like 28mm infantry/ walker models - so they're just as easy and fun to paint. It's infantry at smaller scales that are fiddly and tend to look, at arms-length, like blobs on a biscuit. Spaceship war games seem fine at 15, but I'd avoid something 15mm called "ground command" just on GPs, and pics seen online have done nothing to change my suspicions.

Bump

This looks terrible.

Covenant or USMC, and why?

Personally if it's possible to build a functional "operators operating" list consisting entirely of mechanized ODST or Elites I'll probably do that. Maybe Covie vehicle spam so I can make WHOOoOOOoooSHH noises.

When are they gonna do a 28mm skirmish?

Why?

No plans yet, but this is spartan games we are talking about

I'm seriously considering getting into this. Hopefully more people get into this so I don't end up putting everything on a shelf.

I myself plan on building a standard UNSC army battalion, to get my bearings on it.

But I really want to build is a Jiralhanae company, with a Jiralhanae War Chieftain Ultra.

I have been really shit about following this. Haven't seen any complete models beyond concept art until now, and definitely didn't know they were already releasing.
But seeing the models, I'm at least gonna get the starter set to paint it up and maybe be able to find someone at the LGS to play with. Those things look fucking sweet fully painted.

Getting the models because they are genius, no real expectations of good gameplay or consistent support.

Those actually look pretty nice. 15mm is a good choice for Halo as you can have the large pitched battles that occur in the games, along with giving important models like Spartans and Elites enough detail. Definitely a better choice than 28mm in this case.

Btw, Fuck Facebook and their shitty compression

The smaller the scale of the model, the easier it is to paint, actually. With small models you only need a steady hand and a few spots of paint. The bigger the model, the more details and the more big, flat areas. Smooth paintjobs, blending, freehands, nitty-gritty details are much less concern than at 28mm or even 54mm. There's a reason why the best painters often do 54mm or bigger or even busts: Getting that shit right is immensly difficult.

Honestly I'm just here for the Covenant siege engines that both 343 and SG have been teasing.

For a second I thought the zealot in the middle was giving the elite behind it a piggyback ride.

Just Facebook shitty compression, nothing to see here citizen.

I'm not touching anything by Spartan at this point. No way they can convince me that there'll be a player base or support over a year after release.

Double-so for licensed games. That limits how far you can expand.

As for the company? Spartan drops support for their own games, like a rock, without fail after approx 2 years. Only to make a new, similar but-not-the-same game with slightly different IPs.

That's precisely why I'm getting the Spartans I want in bulk now. Don't care about the game, just about the miniatures. There are other games out there to play.

>15mm

Gimme a sec to find a tiny rubbish bin

15mm is a perfectly good scale for this sort of thing you lemon.

Look at how many models there are and the size of the tanks. If this were 28mm it would be as much of a clusterfuck as 40K.

I prefer little scales for big battles, 28mm is for skirmishing, 15mm or even 6mm is for true battles.

Bump

I'm not even a big Halo fan, but I like the Covenant aesthetics enough to pick up some minis.

Well I got good news then:

>Because the list building mechanics in H:GC are so flexible I would prefer the game to release with micro-purchasing-principles (where the vast amount of elements are available, organised into their Units - either direct from Spartan or in General Release), and I believe that is the plan. :)
>This means that if you want just one Scorpion to bolster your Battle Group, you can buy them signally without having to commit to a larger box purchase!... and the same would be true for any other unit in the game.

They will have them on the next expansions later this year. They will also release noble team. Did you not read or play reach? ODST are there.

Can't wait to paint my hunters like this, Hunter Ultras would be awesome as I imagine they would have all the benefits of the ultra ranks and body and stats and abilities of a hunter