EDH/Commander General

Tribal edition

Old thread: >RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/godo-do-the-modo/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ezuri-claw-of-progress-or-the-game-where-you-lose/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/thalia-heretic-stax/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/token-copies-edh/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/volrath-the-inneficient/
pastebin.com/vF4TixrQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Buying overpriced old combos just to maintain the monopoly that TCGplayer is artificially holding onto staples that were printed in thousands just to win in commander. We get it dude, you want to attack with 100 creatures on turn 2 because your mom bought you a box of every set and you go on the internet to look up combos. Kill yourself for telling me I have to put more than half of my deck into killing his combos.

>He thinks using infinite is fun!
What do you think if I put eldrazi conscription on a slippery boggle and then have a counterspell for your holy day.
LMAO. His plan was so predictable than I would not have to change anything to beat him again. That's why he was so easy to beat in the first place. It's a good thing that trying it again for the same conclusion would be a waste of time. Priceless.

Post my YFW you BTFO no skill players.

Honestly if your EDH deck doesn't have at least one infinite combo in it you're doing it wrong.

y u mad tho?

Man, why'd you guys have to bite?

have you tried asking him to tone it down? this is supposed to be a social format

You're the one that bit.

>burning desire to build something new
>can't stay away from red
HELP ME

What?

Been toying with building this for the past couple of days.

Any suggestions? The deck list I have currently put together is here.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/godo-do-the-modo/

Did remach guy finally return?

What do you already have? Maybe getting away from a familiar gameplan is what you need to do.

>Post my YFW you BTFO no skill players

I have a story for this probably told it about 5 times but it doesn't get old

>guy in our group plays, in his own words, "daretti I draw mountains to discard mountains"
>blatantly obvious that he just puts in darksteel forge, kuldotha forgemaster, clock of omens, etc.
>wait to see his graveyard get filled with nice things like pentavus, spine of ish sah, darksteel forge
>during his upkeep I cast this secret tech targeting his graveyard
>he immediately scoops because "muh graveyard is sacred"

You're right. For a while I was the only White mage in the group and became known as the "Policeman" to keep other people from going off too soon. That got boring so I took most of my niche cards out in favor of 'fun' ones. More people in the group are running White also, thankfully.

why would that be a problem

red is the greatest color of all with the best cards

>plays a strong and fast strategy which is balanced by being vulnerable to graveyard hate
>bitches when graveyard hate happens
That's like if I played a deck built around hellbent then bitched about getting boardwiped.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ezuri-claw-of-progress-or-the-game-where-you-lose/

R8 and H8, already ordered a birthing pod for this will probably replace throne of geth. Unsure if I want to run eldrtich evolution in this as well

Never forgetti Daretti spaghetti

I don't see no Strata Scythe in there

Hey, I run Horde as one of my commanders!
Not for a tribal deck but still.

I have a lot of red, both currently and in the past

I was considering a nonpermanent-heavy deck... but then I gravitate towards like Melek or something

So I know this isn't /tinyleaders/ but I thought I'd ask here anyway. I'm looking to build pic related as a Tiny Leader. I'm going for a Stax/Hatebear/DnT/whatever deck. Here's what I have so far:
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/thalia-heretic-stax/
Thoughts? Anything I should add or remove?

i think this is probably the farthest you can get away from red decks

or play Spymaster Edric and try to do some game of thrones littlefinger shit with your opponents

>those teeth

-Grafted Wargear: You are just asking to get 2-for-1'd IMO not worth the risk

-Blade of Selves: You don't have enough ETB creatures to abuse for this to warrant a spot in the list currently

Bonehoard is meta-dependant, but you only have 17 creatures so . . .

I've never used Dolemn Gate but if you're going for voltron, General's Kabuto is worth considering

I like the Ronin Cliffrider + Quietus Spike combo, I'd bring in Basilisk Collar

Liqui-metal Coating can have its uses with your Scrap Mastery/Goblin Welder cards and offers you a way to deal with enchantments if you decide to add more artifact removal spells

Not that guy, but Blade of Selves is essential Godo tech, user

What are you talking about, her teeth are great.

I have seen what Phelddagrif is capable of. That hippo is pure evil, do not let that shit-eating grin fool you.

Getting a KStew vibe from that pic

So, I got together with a friend and played my own Xenagos and Sigarda versus each-other. A weird situation arose:

>Sigarda had totem armor and protection from creatures
>She was blocking 40/40, double striker Malignus (damage cannot be prevented)

What happen?

What cards sow the most salt in your playgroup?

Sowing Salt

she dies in the first strike damage step, if malignus got trample then you'd eat the rest

fuck, I just read the totem armor my bad

she dies the in normal damage step, the aura dies in first strike

I have cast this twice. Both times involved a mono-green deck shitting out Forests. One of those times had the unfortunate side effect of blowing up almost all the Karador player's lands, he got mana fucked and couldn't get a black source.

The mad was Biblical.

I just won with Barren Glory. I am never playing Magic again after tonight, because there's no way I can top that.

I will miss you all.

Yeah I am probably gonna add that

>-Grafted Wargear: You are just asking to get 2-for-1'd IMO not worth the risk
I was just thinking an instant gratification with godo

>-Blade of Selves: You don't have enough ETB creatures to abuse for this to warrant a spot in the list currently
Did you even read GODO master of shitting out equipment?

>Bonehoard is meta-dependant, but you only have 17 creatures so . . .
My meta is creature heavy

>I've never used Dolemn Gate but if you're going for voltron, General's Kabuto is worth considering
Not bad

>I like the Ronin Cliffrider + Quietus Spike combo, I'd bring in Basilisk Collar
It is a nice little interaction

>Liqui-metal Coating can have its uses with your Scrap Mastery/Goblin Welder cards and offers you a way to deal with enchantments if you decide to add more artifact removal spells
Huh, didn't think of that as an option

he's no Samurai but he gives your dudes some nice evasion

Holy shit.. what's wrong with her teeth?

erm, with Goblin War Drums

>not posting the supreme RKF version

Oh man Edric looks pretty cool. Fuck yeah. I was thinking of trying Sydri since I love me some artifacts, but she's obviously much different than Daretti or Bosh (I've built both in the past)

Or Yisan, but I worry that I'd end up shitstomping my group with some of green's crazy ETB triggers

Go. Ascend. There is nothing left for you here.

>implying

>7th edition art

better flavor IMO, these are MTG Goblins not Orcs

I suppose. I just like cards that depict MTG goblins largely as little badasses rather than bumbling retards, but I'm in the minority

Squee might be responsible

MTG goblins are vicious and suicidal. Orcs are cowardly and sneaky.

Any enchantments that give mass Intimidate?

don't forget silly

How? I do not understand.

missed the mark, just barely

Depends a lot on the artist

Bellowing Tanglewurm but it's a creature that only works with other green creatures

it certainly does

Fuck the new Sharpshooter art

pro creatures happens, however much tramples over hits your face, then it tramples over and hits your face again but sigaurda hits back

So I'm planning on build pic related

I was planning on making a control magic tribal deck around him, does anyone have an experience with this and can you recommend some control magic like cards?

Thanks bae.

God I love that art. They look like they're about to go firebomb someone's house and they have sweet sideburns.

Shame the abilities are so slow. I've wanted to try building them for a while

That art is way more indicative of what the card does.

There's also variance in goblins from different planes.

The 'D' in protection's D.E.B.T. is overridden by Malignus's ability that prevents its damage from being prevented

Sigarda is hit for lethal in first-strike, but totem armor saves her and removes all marked damage

then she is hit again for lethal in normal damage assignment

obligatory

I talked a bunch about it, but here's a better list for my Populate Token Copy deck I've been wanting to build but couldn't get right.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/token-copies-edh/

Any obvious missing pieces? I know shit like Trosti's Judgement is too expensive, but it seems pretty easy to get repeatable exile by populating an E-wit or Mnemonic Wall.

But anyone have experience with this sort of deck? Anything obvious not work?

Is this bad?

Should I put in more blue mana cards costs for the sake of balancing it out?

>he's never seen Grif stax disguised as group hug
It's gross.

Myriad + Sundial of the Infinite might be worth a shot, although the Bant Ones aren't amazing Blade of Selves could be a possibility,

depends on your curve
if your early game cards tend towards one color you should have more of that

okay yeah my mana curve is a bit all over the place and has no blue early on

i guess it's okay to have a bit less blue mana then since i don't have to rely on getting it early?

My favorite is when I blow people out with the third ability.

remach?

Looking to upgrade my Volrath deck.

Any suggestions?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/volrath-the-inneficient/

I originally had the sword in there, alongside Mirror Mockery, but I figured it would be too unreliable since I would need to be able to populate it before combat ends or have the dial. I also run a lot of mass artifact wipe and the idea of having an equipment that literally does nothing when it becomes 1v1 seemed rough.

I really want it to work. I fucking love Myriad.

Fair. I thought I put in all the cards that specified tokens, but I guess I missed a few. The list is pretty old.

Any tips for RUG control? probably going to use Surrak as the general as Animar and Maelstrom feel like they'd be better as combo decks.

general plan is low drop dorks/rocks and things like burgeoning to keep ahead in lands so i can still get early ramp while having enough mana to counterspell if needed, while the endgoal being uncounterable fatties and a source of haste

also going to be running things like Power Drain, Price of Glory and Creature Teferi to stop my fatties just getting pathed/Doombladed

Depends on the general. Maelstrom Wanderer means you shouldn't run too many counterspells but instead focus on spot removal/bounce, but Animar is a bit more free in that regard. However, Animar also requires more creatures in the deck.

I have built Sydri. She's a fucking blast.

Is Edric just evasive little fuckers?

SO, /EDH/!

How many of your creatures must be of the type in question to be considered a tribal deck?

I have Kraj deck, 1/3 of its creatures are wizards, more than enough to make azami and sage of fables awesome. Am I tribal?

I don't consider a deck tribal unless more than 50% of the creatures in the deck are one of species or type

Is there a brick tied to that fish

distinctly possible

fukin merfolk punkass bitches in their merrows

Can you at least greentext the details of your glorious rise to glory.

Tribal aspects generally depend on running tribal support and enablers. So almost any deck that runs a Door of Destinies is gonna be tribal, even if 50 percent aren't of that tribe.

Personally though, for heavily referenced tribes like Elementals or Elves or Goblins and whatnot, I go full 100% and supplement the rest with spells.

Trygon predator or rec sage?I run both right now but I'm uncertain of what to cut. Any advixe?

You really don't have a worse card to cut? I would cut the Trygon, but it seems stupid to cut either.

can you abuse ETB effects
if yes, rec sage
if no, probably rec sage anyway but whatever

Currently building angel waifu tribal in BRW colors. What's the consensus on the last few angels released since Origins? Linvala, Tithes and Avacyn seem like good additions, what about the rest of the bunch?

the two new ones that meld are alright, especially Bruna because she can nab one of your dudes back from the grave

>burning desire

Question About Mizzix, how many artifacts/auras should I run specifically to protect him? (There will already be counters and some field manipulation)
I have to dig up boots/greaves, and will be getting Clout of the Dominus as soon as I can find it.

smashed together a new deck idea for marchesa, no idea if it's any good

pastebin.com/vF4TixrQ

it's pretty cheap so it's missing that ghost dude who makes everyone undying and some other expensive stuff. basically the plan is to get some unleash creatures to sac, some way to sac them and then put marchesa on the table and do sac your guys at everyone's end step for big profit.

added benefit is that you can often run down the most annoying player in the beginning of the game thanks to cheap unleash creatures. later, you'll transition into a big saccing engine that shits damage at everyone, forces people to sac their guys, draws cards, makes mana, stacks counters, steals creatures, whatever

it's kinda light on the simple cheap kind of artifact/enchantment/creature destruction, but i figured it's best to play to the deck's strengths and just try to be an unkillable sac engine than try to beat other decks at their own game.

haven't playtested in a real game though, but tappedouts playtesting shows that i can usually get some kind of sac engine going at turn 5-6, which is probably decent

Don't faggot, embrace the red.
>tfw 6/6 of my Commanders have red

This combo takes a full three turns to kill everyone. How do I protect it?

Currently using Ever After to get Ob back if he dies, and Teferi's Puzzle Box to empty my opponents' hands while Maralen keeps them from drawing cards to replace the lost hand. The combo still dies to any instant-speed removal and Maralen lets them go and find it.

if your opponent tutors 3 times they're probably just going to kill you

yeah i'm not sure that even counts as a combo

when i think combo, i think infinite mana/dmg out of nowhere that can't be stopped without immediate removal

You can't really protect something against a couple other players getting their specific counters to your play every turn.

Is it possible to play goblin tribal without always relying on Kiki for a combo win? I was thinking of building a cool goblin deck but am usure of who the general should be or what the strategy is. I just hate the idea of only rocking a Kiki combo deck and want variety, Kiki and his combo pieces can be in the deck but I want more ways to win then that.