Warhammer 40k General

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>Not the FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Official Discord Server
discord.gg/FpVfNKp

For the first heretic.

CYOBANEBLADE Edition

I'm tired of asmodai, give us more fluff about Sapphon please.

Walking home from sushi and A FUCKING MOM AND POP GAMESHOP OPENED UP NEARBY.

I just want more chaplain stuff, and an Asmodai with decent rules.

NO MORE INTERNET SALES TO GW JEWS

Continuing from past thread.
Yeah once for a laugh we made a custom scenario where I had to get my Vulcan Tank across the 4 ft board, while a friend swooped me with two cheesy flyrants.
It took 40 minutes, and we both got to use our fun models.

It ended up with me snap-shooting one out of the sky, grounding it, and finishing it off with the second volley of Str6 Ap3 Heavy15 shots.
The second flyrant was brought down to it's last wound but glanced me to death.

Good times.

If you were gonna buy online anyway why pay GW MSRP? All the non GW exclusive kits can be bought for 20% off at minimum from even eBay or any online store.

Also gave me a 10% off my first purchase at the store. Now to fucking wait for fall to start painting these guys.

Hell yeah. Thats gotta feel good.

Support local small business yo. Economy ain't gonna fix itself.

>Now to fucking wait for fall to start painting these guys.

Humidity is the primary antagonist of 40k.

>wait for fall

Why?

There's a new shop opening up next to my work, they'll be the first store around here to support 30k.
I'm excited.

>Kasrkin
Neat

I like to travel and go outside a lot during summer. Don't want to "waste" it by staying in. I also get a lot more inspiration for painting in fall and winter.

Humidity.

If you're like me and live in Houston, you pretty much have to suck it up and deal with it, or literally drop what you're doing and go prime your models when the weather lines up for minimal humidity.

Return to psychic powers be chosen and used like wargear when?

As long as they have relevant point costs.

Actually, let me revise that. Rebalance powers so that each one is of relatively equal level, and those that aren't come at much greater risk to the psyker himself.

I want bikes, monstrous creatures, and psychic powers to be nerfed.

I want terminators and troop transports to be buffed.

what do you guys use for objective markers?

most monstrous creatures aren't that OP, my keeper in the last game was dangerous but only chopped up 3 helbrutes and had a 2++ due to investments. my flying daemon prince on the other hand died a quick death only managing to kill a 1k son.

well vortex of doom causes you to instantly perils if you fail it, perhaps like that?

The problem is though that MC provided a way to cheese out more then vehicle rules and thats why the most OP units are MC and newest stuff has been MC based.

i'm not saying your wrong; but we've had this same talk about 20 times this year.

>Monstrous creatures aren't that OP
Looks like you need to have the talk again then, dipshit.

How effective is the Deathstrike? What's the minimum of troops that you need to deploy one as ally?

Stop blanketing MCs, New MCs are the cancer.

Tyranids are so broken.

>muh tonks

yeah, they're stronger then vehicles. i guess you gotta stop fielding them since they blow up in breezes. we've talked about this forever. where's my new business?

its big and scary but isnt that great. Its only use is to give your enemies a target to focus on because one apoc template is 2 spooky

>markers

Going to be making something like pic related

Samefag

tea candles + drinking straws.

Elite MCs and FMCs are OP. Most Tyranid MCs are horde type MCs.

It could still be that the other two guys are samefag.

Yes, but I'm not them/him. More then 3 people post on the general.

Post timers m8.

That's sweet man. Now I want to set up objectives with two different coloured lights on them which you switch between depending on who's holding it.

>vortex of doom

Yeah, stuff like that. Really strong powers could cost tons of warp charges, could cause debuffs if they failed, maybe even affecting certain units differently.

An example with Invisibility:

Now costs 3 successful warp charges on generic infantry units (including jump/jet pack INFANTRY, not jump/jet MCs)

HQ-slot characters add 1 to necessary warp charges.

Elite-slot units add 1 to WC.

Things 1 size above infantry (bikes, MCs, Walkers, Chariots) add 1

2 sizes above add 3 (GC, larger vehicles) WC

Super Heavies add 5 WC

If the psyker fails to manifest the power, they forfeit their next psychic phase and gain the "Debilitating Strain" SR.

Debilitating Strain: The huge amount of stress placed on the psyker's mind by the failure of their manifestation renders them vulnerable. They now suffer Perils on ANY doubles and cannot take any invulnerable or FNP-style saves against hostile psychic powers.

Now add these kinds of rules to different psychic powers, lessening or strengthening the side effects depending on how strong the power is.

I was going to say "The last guy could still be a samefag." But I realized you guys wouldn't fall for bait that low.

Is it good to use it as bait, particularly if you have tons of interceptor weapons?

Kinda not really. Honestly points could be better spent elsewhere. I think it used to be viable when it was Str D vortex.

>keeper of secret
>attempts to cast invisiblity lv3 on herself
>needs 5, probably uses 6 dice
>probably perils

interesting. it would push people to use smaller powers

Fuckin ace dude

It's just an example, but yeah.

Psychic-based armies should also get ways of counteracting it, too; however, getting it to happen would require careful synergy and would be prone to failure if opponents could capitalize on weak points.

>herself

You mean XERself, loyalist scum.

Chances of perils on n dice is n(n-1)/72

So probably NOT periling.

Easier just to nerf the powers themselves if they're too strong.

Shameless repost of my 2250 point Space Wolves list after shredding my buddies Ultramarines today.

+Primary Detachment+
Wolves Unleashed

+HQ+
>Ragnar Blackmane- 195 pts
>Bran Redmaw- 210 pts
>Wolf Lord: Runic Armor, Thunderwolf Mount, Helm of Durfast, Frost Sword, Storm Shield

+Troops+
>Blood Claws x15: WGPL with Melta Bombs- 195 pts
>Blood Claws x15: WGPL with Melta Bombs- 195 pts
>Blood Claws x15: WGPL with melta Bombs- 195 pts

+Elites+
>Wulfen x10: 5 with TH/SS, others with Frost Claws- 460 pts
>Venerable Dreadnought: Helfrost Cannon, Great Wolf Claw with built in Heavy Flamer- 155 pts
> Venerable Dreadnought: Great Axe and Blizzard Shield- 145 pts

+Fast Attack+
>Thunderwolf Cav x3: SS/Frost Swords- 225 pts
>Thunderwolf Cav x3: SS/Frost Swords -225 pts

Wolf Lord goes with one of the groups of Thunderwolf Cav, Blackmane with the Blood Claws, Redmaw with the Wulfen.

Not meant to be competitive really, we just play lots of big games and I thought this list looked fun.

How else would you nerf a power like invisibility? Just make it cost lots of points or a large base amount of WCs?

Both of those seem like less interesting options, although they'd also be less bloaty rules-wise.

2250 is an odd points level, and I think you mentioned your group doesn't really use any transports.

Both of those factors make it hard for people to judge how good your list is/will be. And given you said you already shredded someone else and there's nothing glaringly wrong, I think you're fine.

i guess i kind of assume that i'm going to peril if i use 6 dice or more, but that's a good formula to remember

Just make it BS/WS1, so blasts and templates are a counter to it.

That would help too.

>counter

I don't think you understand how every new GW piece of bullshit works. You're not meant to have a counter. Your counter is wait until the next even more OP garbage comes out then play that instead.

Its why I play with a bunch of houserules.

Yeah, we couldn't decide between 2000 and 2500

I think I'm going to trim out the Wulfen pack for more troops though.

How are the Dark Angels competitively? Are they better or worse than Codex: Space Marines?

Their Battle Company is slightly worse but is still a Battle Company, and their Ravenwing are on par with White Scars bikes, so they're pretty much a top army. They just don't get recognition because they aren't as well known as vanilla.

Equal/better marine spam, equal to vanilla biker spam and slightly better terminators (but that's really not saying much at all) stuck in shit formations.

Didnt a Dark Angels Lion formation just win a major ITC event? Not even Ravenwing.

Razorbacks are razorbacks

IIRC it did have some ravenwing units mixed in, but yeah it was mainly a lions blade formation (gladius strike force for you baka non first legionnaires).

anyone has any tips to play GK? I picked them up because I wanted an all terminator army, and it worked nice in 5th ed. Now I came back and after a few games I do not know what to play with. Paldins seem overcosted, terminators are cheaper, but they do not do much and I would have to run something with them to get 1500pts, and I do not know what it should be.Maybe purifires in razorbacks or rhinos? Also I do not know, if it is my countries version of the codex or a something else, but what happened to GK blessed ammo?

And which units from the GK codex can take the new psychic powers ? WD only says GK can take them, but doesn't specify on which units.

It ran a ravenwing strike force with a bunch of black knights and darkshroud alongside the battle company. One nice thing about DA battle company is that you can get fill the auxiliary requirement with just 1 scout squad to save points. still not as good as white scars but at least it's close

If ya count the angels of death supplement, not as good as vanilla.

The overwhelming majority of winners and competitive lists don't use Razorbacks, why do you keep spamming that retarded meme?

>think eldar corsairs are a shit army
>play against them for the first time today
>get my ass beat in only a way slaanesh would be pleased

If MC's had to be nerfed, I would change them all to using the same rules as walkers, while creating two subtypes for walkers, which would be 'biological' or 'construct'. These subtypes would outline what type of rules they would have and how they would interact with other rules, such as haywire effecting constructs, fleshbane effecting biological etc.

good idea or bad idea on balancing MC's?

Well what happened?

It should go the other way. AV should be removed from the game.

how deadly are your home brew deathworlds anons?

We all know you are thinking of invisibility.

We houseruled it to force the taget to snap shot as well. Instantly fixed, doesn't nerf assault (which it shouldn't), and no one thinks it is unfair.

Except for 2 of the White Scar faggots, but Marine WAAC faggots who complain about this, can go suck a dick. The rest of the 40-something regulars love the fix, so they can bitch and moan all they want. It is not like they weren't complaining before, but then it was just "waaah. IG artillery is broken, waaah, Tau can remove my 2+ rerollable cover save, waah people are bringing cheese fliers", etc. Etc.

There was a massive fan backlash against 5th ed GK for being the most powerful faction and the anointed heroes of Matt Ward's fluff. As a result they are much weaker than they used to be. The only good units are Dreadknights, Interceptors and Librarians. Build your list around incinerators instead of psycannons so you can at least handle the xenos. Marines with grav will wipe the floor with you.

Rely on deep strikes and teleporters. Skip the vehicles unless you desperately need lascannons or anti-air. Even then you're better off using allies for anti-tank and anti-air. Inquisition (servo skulls!) and marines, Knights and Admech/Skeeters are all good for filling up the gaps in your codex.

He got lucky on his reserve rolls and my skitarii got shot to shit and couldn't charge cause he kept running out of range during overwatch
It also doesn't help he gave almost everything jet packs if they could take it

There is worse than just invisibility now days.

fuck. I don't have any power armored GKs. How are dreadnoughts in 7th ed? I have 5 of those and only 1 dreadknight. Wasn't inquisition removed, I can't find them in my codex.Although I may be looking in a wrong place, I couldn't find Draigo at first too.

only those that roll for powers. so just the librarian.

the other user is correct, the "good unit" list is basically purifiers, dreadknights and librarians, with interceptors and terminators being ok. all else is garbage. landraiders might be ok if so many vehicle weapons didn't give a shit about AV at all, if your local meta does not have lots of grav/haywire or tons of people running melta, then it might be worth stuffing a unit in one.

I still run a single squad of paladins and pure terminators because I'm a masochist, but I take 3 librarians and try to roll for telepathy because its the only way a marine/skitmech list isn't going to blow me off the board with AP2

inquisition was removed to its own codex, but are battle brothers so can ally.

GK FAQs haven't been released yet, but the current ruling for formations is "as long as your model has the same reserves capability as the formation, he can join them" so current raw is malleus terminator inquisitors can join NSF squads, but if you play very strict opponents they might take issue and argue. 95% probably won't give a shit.

You're not looking in the wrong place, inquisition got split off from the grey knights codex in 7th for some reason. Dreadnoughts are still poor but you could use these rules for one as they're a bit better, I don't think anyone would argue against increasing its base attacks by +2 like every other dreadnought either.

I love playing corsairs cause all it is run away and shoot the crap out of stuff. I got a lovely 22" inch move with some Voidstorms after shooting and then thrust move.

Also even though I think corsairs could use reckless abandon after overwatch I'd probably never use it. Some of my opponents think it should only be used in the shooting phase despite it saying shooting attack.

doomglaive nought is ass because the primary reason to ever take a dread is for anti-tank you can't take anywhere else. you could be spending those points on a purifier squad or a dreadknight.

>Nemesis force halberd with a potential 11 attacks on the charge

hot damn that's sexy

Grav is that stupid thing that shots like 5 times hits on +3 with re-rolls and wounds on+2 ?

I can't seem to find a codex for inquisition at my store, and the owner says they never had one. Was it a WD codex or something stupid like that?
And what is a NSF?

I think the minimum is an allied IG detachment with 1 HQ ; 1 veteran squad (10 dudes) and the deathstrike

For HQ a Lord commisar could work but a company command squad would be far more effective. Especially with Regimental advisors

You can give the CCS and vets a heavy weapon to have some dakka from behind or taurox/chimera and load up on plasma/melta

It does both anti tank, horde clearing and MC bashing well. Yeah a dreadknight is always going to be better, the guy wants to use dreadnoughts though.

I think I may have the wrong GK codex, because in my there is no dreadnought like this one. Plus as someone else said, all my dreads are twin AC ones or las/RL. I don't think I even own melee hands.
by the way how does aegis work nowadays, when Ld is no longer used to cast powers?

>I can't seem to find a codex for inquisition at my store, and the owner says they never had one

ebook only. Check the gw website

How do I overcome my social anxiety and find people to have games of this with?

I want to get into 40k (I played the LOTR game when I was a kid), but I am super awkward and find it hard to find people. Is it possible to find actual real life opponents?

Not OP but that looks like a FW Imperial Armor book, from the layout and everything

Yeah, I'd say getting into leagues is a start of sorts, or just hanging about a store with your army nearby.
Just don't smell like ass and don't be an ass.

It's definitely Imperial Armor.

yeah I kind of a don't have a way to get an ebook in a legal way, and there is no way for me to get it to the store I play at.

Realy GW was stupid or what, remove inquisition from GK codex, but still force people to take them for servo skulls. That is moronic, they are making people buy multiple books to play one army. 5th ed seemed that much better. I bought 3 dreads 15 terminators and draigo and had ton of fun playing casual games.

inquisiton dex is digital only, check the mega in the OP.

NSF is nemesis strike force, which you should pretty much always be using instead of a standard combined arms detachment for the deepstrike potential and ability to spread out after you arrive.

only in CC, otherwise its a standard psycannon platform, which doesn't help it much vs AV 13 or 14, while a regular dread can at least be used as a lascannon/ML dread.

that image is a dreadnought from imperial armor volume 2 second edition, not part of base codex but completely rules legal, the vortimer pattern redeemer is from the same source.

Aegis is in your codex, along with purity of spirit, page 86

>that is moronic
Well if people are dumb enough to not pirate the books then they make more money.

But everyone just pirates the digital codices since you can't even get the benefits of a hard copy.

It's from imperial armour 2 second edition, you would have to convert or buy the arms for the dread off Forgeworld.

Aegis would only come into play if an enemy psyker was to perils, bit shit now.

kind of interested in playing either tau or eldar, but before you guys start throwing tomatos and eggs at me, is it possible to do so without being super OP, my group plays without formations and without superheavies and fliers. and in both cases I am mostly interested in their cool tanks, being limited by a CAD, and my primary opponent is IG.

Your best bet is to go to a local game store if you have one nearby.
As for overcoming anxiety, thats hard. Maybe start small and watch a game for a time. Small steps.
Oh here are some general how-to-behaves
-Do not touch the other peoples minis without permission.
-Do not give advice to the people playing
-Be nice to the store owner, especially at a GW store the staff must ask you what you want, but 'I am looking and want to watch a game' is usually a good answer. You are not the first to do so. Probably not even the first on that day

And dont be upset if it is less fruitul than you thought. Just go there like 5 times before you make a decision to actually commit money to it. Some LGS crowds are rather nasty, especially to new gamers, unfortunatly.

Well I can't play with a printed codex at my store. So I guess it is no servo skulls for me.
My store doesn't sell FW, and so it is not allowed to use FW models or FW rules. But it is ok, it doesn't seem very good to be honest. Maybe I'll ask if people let me counts as NDKs with dreadnought models.