If you had to give an alternative name to Strenght, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma...

If you had to give an alternative name to Strenght, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma, what would you call them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LG4VytTgIPo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Punch, Dodge, Soak, Magic, Perception, Spoofing.

Beef, Poultry, Pork, Fish, Veggies, Fruit.

Might
Agility
Toughness
Smarts
Insight
Spirit

I really like these. Does some game actually use these?

>Name
>Singular
Talent.

Fire
Water
Earth
Air
Metal
Cock

Fire
Wind
Earth
Ice
Water
Glass

Manpoints
Womanuints
Boreness
Buttness
Sanctimony

>Strength
>Perception
>Endurance
>Charisma
>Intelligence
>Agility
>Luck

>I really like these. Does some game actually use these?

Not fully, AFAIK. Punch-Dodge-Soak-Magic as a stat set appears in Diablo I/II, and I was a bit inspired by it. Unified casting stat for clerics and sorcelators the way there's unified damage stat for fighters and barbarians. Once you're on that path of having merged int(wizard) and wis(cleric) into one stat which doesn't also signify how good at calculus you are, it's easy to continue rip out overly abstract multifunction mental stats, and you get something like the above setup.

Brawn, Agility, Endurance, Intellect, Cunning, Charm.

Might, Reflex, Resilience, Know-How, Intuition, Manipulation

Strong, Speedy, Sturdy, Smart, Sage, Suave

Might, Magic, Motivation (for doing things)
Endurance, Avoidance, Deception (for not letting things be done to you)

If I had to describe them as mixes of the D&D stats, Might is obviously strength, Magic is the spellcasty parts of int/wis, Motivation is the willpowery part of wis and the pursuedy part of cha, endurance is mostly con but with a bit of will save mixed in, avoidance is the dodgy and acrobatical things from dex, and deception is the physical slight of hand of dex and the misdirection of cha.

A game built around this should probably balance characters by having each ability trio have one Great, one Above Average, and one Just OK. The combinations should allow a bunch of classic archetypes to be implemented in a mechanically viable way using the two strongest stats, with the other stat choices allowing variation.

Meh that's too many. All you really need are muscleyness, mysticality and moxie.

Guts
Sleight
Beef
Brains
Wits
Charm

Well, for my own homebrew I am renaming the six abilities to:
Steel (Strength)
Breath (Constitution)
Articulation (Dexterity)
Memory (Intelligence)
Awareness (Wisdom)
Speech (Charisma)

Can you try and guess what kind of game it is?

A martial arts game?

Muscle, Twitch, Brawn, Brains, Smarts, Charm

Strong, Fast, Smart, Pretty.
Me am so smart, me make simple stats more simple!

Fallen london?

Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet.

All stats are Fist stat.

I like you.

I once got about half way through making a game where the stats were Brawn, Balls and Brains.

StrongFIST, SmartFIST, HardFIST, FastFIST, CharmFIST, WiseFIST

Strenght, Toughness, Dexterity, Agility, Intelligence, Willpower, Instinct, Presence

I like my stuff rather granular.

... RedFIST, BlueFIST!

RIP, TEAR, GUTS, "I need a big gun", Ability to recognise the biggest guns, Communication

12 keks

SBAMAS?

Not quite different names, but a different spread of six, our homebrew system uses
Physique
Focus
Endurance
Judgment
Awareness
Presence
To define player ability, strengths, and weaknesses

Combat
Thievery
Scouting
Magic
Sanctity
Charm

BASMAS rolls off the tongue.
And SDCIWC sure fucking doesn't.

>SBAMAS
>Not calling it SAMBAS
¿Por que?

Utterly depends on the system or kind of campaign you want.

Pulpy dungeon crawl:
>Strength
>Speed
>Toughness
>Intelligence
>Wisdom
>Charisma

REALISM
>Strength
>Training
>Willpower
>Education
>Intelligence
>Diplomacy

>WiseFIST
>The man who punches last, punches hardest.
>A fist is only as strong as the arm behind it.
>Go for the balls.

Combat, Social, Athletics, Fine motor skills, Resources, Education.

Combat is how good you are at hurting people. It can be further subdivided into particular weapons/skills that you can learn.

Social is how good you are at wording people. It can be further subdivided into areas of communication, ie Intimidation, persuasion, charm, logic so you can fluff your character as a scary guy, a sexpot, an autistic rules lawyer, a charismatic demagogue etc.

Athletics is how good you are at moving around, lifting stuff, how long you have before you get fatigued that sort of shit. It can be further subdivided into Lifting, Running, Acrobatics, Throwing etc.

Fine motor skills is exactly what it says. Subdivides into shit like Accuracy, Sleight of Hand, Lockpicking, etc.

Resources can be money, connections, material goods owned, all that extra shit.

Education is knowledge! Pick specific areas of knowledge IE mechanics, engineering, languages, laws, zoology, magic.

You would pick specific skills in each area and your total would provide a bonus to represent cross-skill benefits.

Or some shit I don't actually play RPGs that use dice or stats. Narrative systems forever!

Fistength, Fisterity, Fistitution, Fistigence, Fistdom, Fistma.

as funny as that is, keeping the grouping of physical and mental attributes is a good idea
also it puts faux-constitution first, since its I portent for everyome

Robustness
Finesse
Hardiness
Wit
Sense
Presence

Sauce.
Hopper.
Dance.
Blue.
Carrot.
James.

>FistDom

Thew
Limber
Fortitude
Wit
Worldliness
Diplomacy

Oh Veeky Forums, you never fail to disappoint.

Might, Agility, Hale, Cunning, Insight, Presence

Brawn
Balance
Body
Brains
Belief
Bravado

Gains
Arts
Guts
Smarts
Wits
Wiles

If in an rpg you had to divide all knowledge skills into 3-5 broad categories of knowledge, encompassing everything that is needed in an usual game, what sort of categories would you set up?

Muscle mass
Motor control
Cellular response
Neurons
Neuron connections
Social engineering

Strength, Mobility, Body, Logic, Wisdom, Influence

Someone should use these in a game.

Practical knowledge
Knowledge of the world (knowledge of urself is ingluded ahaha fug plato it doesn't go in the next category lmao xp)
Knowledge of its laws/of science

But I think you really need subcategories, this is way too general.

(I study epistemology so yeah, I know it's absolutely not scientific, but I think it'd work).

Street, Academic, Professional, Language and Interest
Guess the game

Muscle
Coordination
Fitness
Cognition
Education
Personality

>Street, Academic, Professional, Language and Interest
>Street, Academic, Professional, Language
>Street, Language,
>Professional, Academic,
>Guess the game
DJ Akademiks : The Shy Glizzy Wars

I need to start making a list of these quotes for a wise old mentor character when next I get a chance to play.

What's the difference of academic and professional? Univeristy social science shit and how to use a machine to print out plastic bottles?

Dunno, i'd probably split into 4 categories: physical sciences, theoretical sciences, history and arts. Natural science covers everything from geography to biology, with a more mundane take on the world with alchemy being the magic equivalent. Theoretical sciences delve into the murky realms of thought and potential, dealing with probabilities and pure mathematics to unlock "magic" by working with the theoretical laws and increasing probabilities. History and arts is the knowledge of anything from the rising of nations to past methods of smoking fish, it is pure knowledge of the past and its applications in the present. Last of all is arts, this is a mix between manual knowledge such as carpentry or siegecraft, but the second set of arts covers the inborn gifts or secret skills that neither use neither of the arts and simply make use of the body. For example the extremely beautiful skill of the sword dancers or the symetrist, that heal themselves using the power of symmetry and can only be incapacitated by injuring both sides of the body simultaneously.
Sorry if this was autistic, i'm homebrewing at the moment and my world is developing.

I award you both the full fist

youtube.com/watch?v=LG4VytTgIPo

*that use neither
Just fuck me up senpai

Fuck that game and its ceaseless puns.

I want to start playing again.

I was working on creating an extremely basic game that used these stats

> Kill
> Live
> Think
> Talk
> Luck

Occult
Connections
Hunting

>Spin (Lorentz representation)
>Yukawa (with Higgs)
>Colour [SU(3)c representation]
>Electrical Charge [U(1)e representation]
>Isospin [SU(2)w representation]
>Intrinsic Parity (for composites)

I'd say, as far as stat blocks goes, it's pretty standard

Someone please explain this to me.

/thread

everyone go home

As far as I can gauge, it's just a weak joke. Really off-color.

It's all the quantum numbers of the Standard Model

ah

Swolitude, Flexosity, Builtulism, Thinkmeats, Kung-fu Master Aptitude Level, and Girth.

Vigor
Velocity
Vitality
Veracity
Valor
Vim

Might
Mobility
Meat
Mind / Mental Aptitude
Mettle / Mental Strength
Magnetism

Okay, Meat and Velocity are a bit weak, but I need to go to bed before I pass out at my desk, so I'll leave it to you to come up with something better.

Academic knowledge - "...and that's why gauge bosons are really, really important."
Professional knowledge - "Right, I've fixed yer boiler. That'll be 50 quid, mate."

I think statting a human would be quite tedious. I mean I think you would need to stat all particles that make up that human, then calculate the muscle mass and derive from that how much he can lift. And then do that for all other things he can do.

But as far as stats for a simulationist systems go, I think you can't go more simulationist that that.

Nah, that would be:

Hearts
Iron
Mirrors
Veils
Pages

What would be a good word for a skill all about magic, religion, planes, etc, that isn't "arcane"?

mysticism
occult
aviation

>aviation

Tomato crushing, tomato catching, tomato eating, tomato knowing, tomato using, tomato selling

Wisdom, Stature, Favor With God, Favor With Man

Meat, Rubber, Metal, Smoke, Power, Money

Makes me think of Half-Life
>RUN
>THINK
>SHOOT
>LIVE

Might, Agility, Endurance, Intellect, Knowledge / Education, Charm

Occultism, theology, dimensional geography

Khorne
Mork
Nurgle
Tzeentch
Gork
Slaanesh

Str dex agi con int pow will per

Traditional stats seem a bit redundant. I try to condense them into three primary attributes:

Power - Strength and constitution rolled into one, because why would a muscle-bound character not also have equally high constitution to match? In some interpretations, "Power" could also refer to a generic character resource - for instance, the power level of a wizard's spells, but not the power of his physical attacks.
Skill - Dexterity, basically. Could also refer to a generic resource pertaining to character-specific skill efficiency, such as skill with a bow, or skill with thieving skills.
Wits - How versed the character is in whatever knowledge or tactics they practice. Could also refer to street smarts, or things that might traditionally involve charisma checks.

more or less:
academic is knowledge you gain from theory, professional is knowledge you gain from practice

shadowrun is fun

> Dex as Mork and Wis as Gork
> Not the other way around

U WOT ZOG

Strength: Pretty much Strength everywhere.
Dexterity: Agility.
Constitution: Endurance, Health.
Intelligence: IQ, Wits.
Wisdom: Will, Intuition, Discipline, Psyche.
Charisma: Personality, Presence.

Solomon
Hercules
Atlas
Zeus
Achilles
Mercury

Smashing, Dashing, Standing, Thinking, Stinking, and Spunk.

Muscle
Moxie
Muster
Mind
Madness
Mastication

Hitty
Movey
Healthy
Smarty
Wisey
Speaky

Might
Grace
Vigor
Logic
Cunning
Presence

>Strenght, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma,

Might

Sleight

Form

Insight

Foresight

Pizzazz

Was going to try to make them all rhyme but I have to leave to go catch a movie this afternoon.

Why are intellect and wisdom separate? Is that because of dumb shit like streetsmarts and fool's paradise?

oo oo, got a good one:

>Strength
>Toughness
>Intelligence
>Agility
>Inquisitiveness
>Detirmination

or STIAIDS for short!

Strength, Speed, Stamina, Smarts, Senses, Social

I can't place my finger on it but something about this list seems off

Arcana
History
Nature
Religion

power,skill,toughness, technical knowledge, critical thinking, and personal presentation