/cyoag/ CYOA General

Resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Previous:

For Ordion:

The problem isn't that she's black, it's that she "will never forget any slight you or anyone else has done to her" My god. That's hell, right there.

I do agree there's a bit too much femdom in there, but there are two decent non-dominant options:

Queen Softris isn't into Femdom; she's represents one of those fetishes where the girl is all "You're terrible and a bad man!", but desperately wants to bone you. Don't know the term for that.

Queen Helena can be won over. Pretty easily too: one measly duel or battle of wits. After she is can be interpreted as being submissive in bed, given "you must be extremely gentle with her"

Haven't really gotten any use out of this so far, but I'm not giving up hope.
Go, A!

B
C is the "insta-win" option, and so it's not an option

haha, this is both amusing and raises some good points on what may be unnecessary restrictions on *some* of those quests.

Specifically, I'll consider getting rid of the Master of Motion requirement for Historian, and saying that the colony can be on any other planet or body besides Earth's Moon

I think it's more likely to mean that she has emotional problems and is easily spooked, but that could just be me projecting.

How about this, user?

>The problem isn't that she's black, it's that she "will never forget any slight you or anyone else has done to her" My god. That's hell, right there.
I do agree that's a bad trait, but I disagree that her being black can't be a problem. Many, many, many people are not attracted to blacks, thus she is a complete non-choice for them.

>Softris
It's femdom of a different kind. She treats you like an animal at worst and a caveman at best.

>Helena
Winning her over doesn't stop her from being a horrible shrew, nor does it say it stops her from trying to undermine your power.

Have Dark God powers Plus Domain. Seems a good combo.

(2/3)

(3/3)

Eh, some people aren't attracted to purple elves, or nipple-less sea creatures, but poTAYto, poTAHto, she's unpalatable to anyone with any sense due to that character trait.

As for Helena, say winning her over assures that she will be "utterly loyal" to you. So, still manipulative, but not undermining your power any longer.

give me the D option!

Loyal probably means sexually.

Blegh, no.
The theme is extremely unappealing to me.
I'll just take another A and make a build out of courtesy. And boredom.

(3/3) for real.

>tfw you're an idiot

I'm still wondering how people would react to a gorgon Empress. I would also like to see a submissive King. There's no reason for all of them to be masculine brutes who'll somewhat undermine your authority.

It's quite possible to make a good god; I did a god of healing and enlightened wisdom myself.

Unless you being "godhood" is unappealing, in which case... sorry, I suppose.

I am okay with this, actually.
So how would this work... I'm the Dark God of my Domain?
>being a cunt
here. There are four choices, so you get twice the points.

>So how would this work... I'm the Dark God of my Domain?
I think your "dominion" as defined in the Dark God CYOA is the same as your domain in the Domain CYOA, so your dominion powers apply to all of your domain

Your avatar becomes something you can project, while you still retain your normal physical Domain CYOA body.

That is exactly the case. Try as I might, I don't see the appeal.

Blue, red.
Another A.

There was a double point "Gifted CYOA" opportunity a few pages back; did that not appeal, either?

Anyway, how about this, then?

Gorgons make no sense, the marriage part at least. They can only have gorgon children which means that by being a gorgon you forever taint their royal house with a gorgon ruler until the end of your dynasty. That's almost as bad as a childless same sex marriage.

2/3

3/3

Any with that, time to work on building my Domain/Dark God combo. And yeah, I know it says "CYOAs you post yourself don't count", but it will be fun, and that's the highest rule I know.

I will forever be furious that the first Legends banded together to become the morality police instead of enjoying their freedom.

>So how would this work... I'm the Dark God of my Domain?
There are some good synergies, I think. For example I'm leaning toward the Dominator because of the "All Minions can choose two additional Minion Choices". And, well, you have 'Minions' from your Domain CYOA as well...

Yeah, it kind of sucks. But I respect that the CYOA author was trying to avoid making "Legend" the pick that everyone did.

>Manipulator
no drawbacks
8 Essence, 12 Influence, Unearthly Charm free.

>World
Well, that would be the Domain I make after this build. So, Land of Fantasy, I suppose.

>Form
>Shapeshifter (1)
>Unearthly Charm
>Mindrobber (2)
>Demonforged (3)
>Pillar of Strength (4)
>Stalkerform (5)
Pretty damn good. During the night I make my form into the Stalkerform, basically making me invincible in combat. Well, more invincible.

>God powers
>Change of Heart (7)
>Aether Passage (8)

>Empowerment
>Monuments (1)
>Battle (2)
>Underworld (10)

>Prophet
so, do I get one for free?
>Hero (3)
"Good" is so relative.
>Leader x2 (12)

>Divine gifts
>Immortality (4)
>Magecraft (5)
>Beauty (6)
>Resilience (9)

>Minions + Dominion
that part is taken care of in Domain Master. Which means I have 4 extra points, and I need to backtrack...

>Underworld
So, can I buy two? I'd like "regular Heaven" and "Hero Heaven".
>Hall of Heroes (8)
you need to earn a spot in my Heaven
>Forest (1)
>Manifest Deity (2)
>Weather Mastery (3)
>Ocean (4)
>Legendary Beasts (5)
>Servants (6)
>Gladiators (7)
>Steward (8)
Can't spend all my time down theme
>Dungeon (9)
>Hallfs of the Gods (10)
So they aren't bored.
My subjects would only die in combat, thanks to granting them Immortality. So why wouldn't you want to follow me?

I have seen no such thing.
This does look much more interesting.

I like the idea that more power means more responsibility but this is too much. They're complete slaves to the governments they work for and are alienated from everyone else. They also work as assassins which means that they mess up shit for everyone else.

ah okay, I can get the "don't want to be a God", part. I'm not too fond of it either, but hey, it was the cyoa that was posted.

>so, do I get one for free?
yes.

>So, can I buy two?
Not technically, it says "you can buy one of four"

Yeah; it's certainly bad enough that I would never consider taking "Legend" myself.

I'll try A, too.

It's not just about being a Legend. You also need to consider that plenty of Legends are assassins and absolute relish the chance to go on assassination missions. So even if you're a Legend, if you go against the government, they can send one to hunt you down and you will not survive that because they're so stupidly strong.

*even if you're not a Legend

Legends have an easier time of rebelling, because they have more survivability and only quest intended to let you quit. I figure the best way is to max magic, get a mana affinity, and hide behind your stalker while you try and weave sorcerous workings and rituals to enhance your body, possibly using the corpses of assassins that came after her.

fucking rice pudding here i come

Sorry I have not been replying much, was sleeping.

So what are the main issues with the marriages this time?

As for the gorgon empress, no one minds much. Their cursed status is just how they were rated, and since Gorgons aided the Empire in the previous CYOA they're actually seen as pretty good.

I'm having trouble getting my mind around how a gorgon empress would be allowed to marry those Kings. Their "curse" ensures that they can only bear gorgons which means you're effectively turning your spouse's royal dynasty into gorgons. It's even worse than not having any kids.

How they were created*

Also I'm going to work so leave a response and I'll try to see to it.

my main issue is that some races only have one option so I can't dominate a cute angel with my demonic penis.

Also some people dislike that none of the woman are submissive.

See , I link to all my posts in the argument.

Basically, all the women are femdom except two, one of whom is black, and the other is an evil shrew who wants to undermine your power. It's just unbalanced because there's next to no options for people not into femdom.

Can I be a woman with a penis, maybe a demon?

It's not even that they're not submissive, there's a middle ground that none of them are in either, it's all dominant.

doing drawbacks first
>Crusade +5 minion tokens
>Treasure +3 minion tokens
>Adaptation +1 shard of power
seems kinda silly you get the shard before completing the quest
>Usurper +5 minion tokens
lol fuck that. You gon get wrecked, King. Maybe I'll rape him with Change of Heart...
I don't really count as Good, and I don't like the Evil options, fluff wise. To my subjects, I'd like to think I'm Good.
They get immortality, beauty, magic, and if they die in battle, they get a fun afterlife. They wouldn't just kill themselves of course, my Steward would toss them out if they did.

so +1 Shard, +13 minion tokens. Lots of powers I don't need to take, like Sustenance for my minions.

>Realm
>Inferno + Tempest
My followers are naturally resilient to fire from the realm, coupled with Resilience from Dark God. We suffer no consequence of the firey place we call "home".

>Size
>Average
>Race
>Demonic + Humanoid
why not? I'm a Dark God, I gain power from battle, and our home is a Firey plane.
Beautiful and deadly, I like it.

>Boss perks
All the stuff I got from Form apply, too. So I can already steal knowledge, shapeshift, more physical strength, become immaterial at night, and I already have Enchanted Armour+Weapon. Since the cyoas are combined, I say I don't have the "only one hour" restriction from Dark God.
>Agility, Magical, Perception, Charisma Prowess (4)
With Shapeshifting and Unerthly charm, combined with Charisma Prowess, I don't even need to use Change of Heart to turn my enemy into a friend.
Or we could just kill them and take over that way. Whichever is most fun.
>Corruption (5)
>Phylactery (6)
I should be able to infuse this in my Steward - she's away from all harm, since only my followers go to my Underworld, and she is completely loyal.
>Personal Guards (7) +4 Lieutenants
>Empowerment (8)
Tempest, because why not
>Hybrid (9)
Humanoid, to protect from Celestials.

Nice; still working on mine. Not sure how to reasonably interpret minion overlap.

Like, do you think minion powers bought with minion tokens in Domain would affect minions from Dark God? I'm thinking yes, but don't know if that is a stretch.

>Since the cyoas are combined, I say I don't have the "only one hour" restriction from Dark God.
To each their own, but my interpretation was that I couldn't just get rid of the time limit, so instead it was the amount of time I could manifest in my "avatar form", a much more impressive version of my base form. Think Aang/Avatar form dealio. Only during that time could I use avatar powers, while the rest of the time I would just be in my form as described by the Domain CYOA

Of course, I took "Free Avatar" so that within my own Domain I could *always* be in Avatar Form; the time limit still applies outside of my domain, though.

If you do decide to be in your avatar form all the time, then you'll need "Wrathful Avatar" to use god powers from Dark God at all, since normally they are forbidden in avatar form. Plus it doubles uses of powers, so a good purchase regardless.

I don't care for how most of the female marriage options are dominant in a hateful, manipulative way. I'd like some options that are dominant in a more gentle/protective way, but still highly sexual and sexually aggressive.

Optional expansion for Dark City.

I want to be Harry Dresden! Minus the shit love life!

+13 Minion points, +4 Lieutenants
so, 28 minion points
They're all Average size + Human/Demonic hybrids. They're my followers, after all.
>Soldiers x2
>Mages x1
>Engineers x1

>Overseers x2
>Priests x1
to help keep my people faithful while I'm away with my group.
>Warriors x1
>Battle mages x2
>Sorcerers x1
>Riders x3
And they will see us on the horizon when we come marching.

(Personal, ultra loyal Lieutenants)
>Hunter
my waifu
>Witch
>Chosen
Not really sure how she feels about serving a Dark God, but I must assume she's cool with it.
>Warlord

>Minion perks
>Evolution
>Training
>Sustenance
I needn't take Faction, they are already loyal to my religion. I am literally their God, walking among them.
We still need to eat when out of the Domain, but I think we can handle.

Wow, I still have 11 more points.
>Servants x2
>Slaves x1
>Mages x1
>Engineers x1
Just to make sure my domain can take care of itself, and improves with time

>Battlemages x2
>Champion x1
>Assassin x1
>Oracle x1
She'll take care of the Domain, along with the 20 Overseers, while I'm gone.
>Chosen x1

Unless my math is off, my army is 7 Lieutenants (7 units), 9 Elites (90 units) and 2 Mooks (50 units).
So I come marching, a Dark God, along with 147 soldiers, who are all stronger, more resilient, more magically powerful... yeah, this will be easy.

Love and desire. I'll make the world a better place, I'll get laid a lot, and it has the highest survival rate.

>Manipulator
>Earth

Form:
>Unearthly Charm (free)
>Shapeshifter
>Wrathful Avatar
>Pillar of Strength
>Pillar of Hope
>Psychokinetic
>Flight

God Powers:
>Resurrect
>Change of Heart
>Pacify
>Worldgate
>Aether Passage
>Firestorm

Empowerment:
>Monuments
>Knowledge

Prophet:
>Inventor (free)
>Child
>Hero
>Leader

Divine Gifts:
>Magecraft
>Beauty
>Strength
>Resilience
>Restructure

Dominion:
>Terrain Warp
>Centre of Magic
>Free Avatar
>Hellgate
>Fauna Adaptation
>Summoning Sites
>Whispers

Minions:
>Lesser
>Form - Mammalian (free)
>Power - Divine Focus
>Skill - Get Back Up
>Skill - Spawner
>Skill - Flight
>Skill - Speed
>Skill - Healer
>Affinity - Life
>Affinity - Cyber

>Humanoid
>Skill - Genius (free)
>Skill - Attraction
>Skill - Smithing
>Skill - Perpetual
>Skill - Hypersenses
>Skill - Healer
>Skill - Toughness
>Skill - Speed
>Affinity - Lightning
>Affinity - Cyber
>Affinity - Life
>Affinity - Earth
>Affinity - Fire
>Affinity - Water
>Affinity - Ice

>Humanoid
>Skill - Rage (free)
>Skill - Toughness
>Skill - Speed
>Skill - Flight
>Skill - Vampiric
>Skill - Perpetual
>Skill - Armsmaster
>Skill - Hypersenses
>Skill - Invisibility
>Equip - Smiting
>Equip - Armour
>Affinity - Decay
>Affinity - Death
>Equip - Mounts
>M. Skill - Speed
>M. Skill - Healer
>M. Affinity - Cyber
>M. Affinity - Water
>M. Skill - Flight

Underworld:
>Judgement
>Restoration Cycle
>Steward
>Servants
>Dungeons
>Legendary Beasts
>Floating Islands
>Crystals
>Forest

Jus ttake mega yandere, pretty sure with her you can kick the ass out of any Legend sent after you, and honestly they may relish assassination missions but these cities are possible losing a very important person sending them after another Legend.

This triggers my special snowflake button so hard. I love it.

>Mage
Holy shit, I can see why the government would hunt you. This is intense. Let's see, I'd probably get the basics in everything, and then throw the extra two points in Anima. That gives me a strong basis and lets my cure myself of certain issues. Then I'll hold up in my house and keep on researching. Unless my visitor can cure me, in which case I'll probably drop the two in Field instead, which will make things much easier to practice. Hope I don't trip any sort of "mage alarm," but that's probably an unrealistic concern, with all the monster groups in the city.

I wish the shows had lasted longer ;_;

Glad you like it!

>Slayer

>Physique
>Hexproof
>Mental Fortress
>Natural Combatant

Requesting a lesbian witch/mage to be my side-kick.

>Realm perks
>Mobile
>Protected
I use Aether Passage to move myself and my army closer to enemies or treasure, and the Realm comes with us. I can use Aether Passage to get us back home in a day if need be - if not, we still have Protected to keep morons at bay.

Eventually a scout from the Not So Evil Hangout will find us, and assume that "Demonic = they will totally want to hang out with us (and let me corrupt them) ^-^"
That will be a fun day. I look forward to breaking their ruler and adding their Realm to mine, without needing to resort to Change of Heart.
It's not like she can do much against a literal God but bow down to me. If she's nice, and understands her place, I'll even let her join the Oracle in ruling my Realm when I am away.
I'll make the Assassin stay behind in case she is dumb enough to attempt a coup.

I heard there's a guy with a similar plan to mine. He is even of the same race as me. Maybe we'll meet.
Maybe he's smart.

>Not technically
Dang. I'd have liked two Underworlds - one for the people who die (they don't age, but accidents do happen), and one for the people who die in combat, serving me. The last one is grand, it is a reward.
>I'm thinking yes
It's what I did.
>it was the amount of time I could manifest in my "avatar form", a much more impressive version of my base form
I suppose that's reasonable. Still, that means I can *only* shapeshift, be invincible during the night, steal knowledge and mindcrush people, improve my own and my follower's armor and weapons, and their strength, for two hours a day.
That's more than enough.

Do you also need her to be a red-head?

You know, I was thinking about stopping time to steal useful shit like food and teleporting to foreign locations and distant cities to practice magic, but Anima really wouldn't be a bad thing to start with, either. Aside from healing myself, there's all sorts of nifty functions I'd like to explore at some point, and it could be hard to do this stuff later. You know, the usual stuff like enhancing physical traits, a healing factor, a breath weapon, retractable functions like wings and claws, occluding the third eye to hide from observers, gaining Insight to focus divinations, Black Blood for, well, a lot of things, maybe a Philosopher's Stone, or creating servants, or just experimenting on people. If it's harder to learn things in the long run, maybe it'd be better to start by investing in Anima, but I don't want to wait too long to start doing extensive testing in case it gets even harder going forward.

>Awakened

>Mage

>Level 4 Anima
>Level 3 Essence

Holy shit, I'm an immortal flesh/plant shaper and necromancer, that has complete control over spirits. I can literally cure and prevent everything that ails man, including death. I can also read minds, rewrite the memories of anyone, and can astrally project myself anywhere, even in other people's dreams.

I will make Anime real.

Personally if I were making a Mage build I would start with Anima to get immortality so I had more time to study.

Nice build!

Thanks for the support m8, in return I will make you're waifu real.

I just grabbed one of everything because I figured it'd be harder to get started later. If all goes well and I don't get ambushed by killsquads, I'll have decades to figure out immortality, so it shouldn't be too harsh to skip on Master rank. But you make a good point about Anima vs Field.

>Legend, Big Game Hunter

Powers:
>Magic 3 (Fire)
>Endurance 3
>Precision 2
>Strength 3
>Beastmaster
>Improved Lung 1
>Beast Eye 1

Companions:
>Fenrir Wolf
>Stone Lion
>Roc
>Ancient Dragon (Water)
>Good Dog (Corgi)
>Horse (Shetland Pony)
>Raven
>Bizarre Lizard
>Cute Fairy
>Babe

Equipment:
>Hook 4
>Double Belt 3
>Weapon 4 (non-elemental, Halberd)
>Mythril Plate + Shield
>Explosive Satchel 4
>Ranged Weapon 1 (Dagger)

Good point.

Hey, it's not like I'll have to figure it out myself. I can make other people immortal and see if they devolve into horrible cancer-blobs of torturous flesh, or explode because they produce too much blood and rupture their organs, or spontaneously combust from an overflow of magical energies their bodies aren't accustomed to, or whatever other ways magical immortality can go wrong. Pay would pay to take part in those trials, so the real trouble is hiding the actual cause of death from the government. Maybe I can get some sort of sponsorship deal from the Dragons if I look into their curse? It could take some time, but they probably know a lot about patience.

The Dragons would probably be interested in that deal.

I was going to go be outraged on the Internet, but after I read this...I just can't. Thank you, user.

You know the cost for powers is cumulative right?

Probably, but it's really only trading one enemy for another. It'll be harder for them to prove anything, but I'll have to deal with fairy assassins. The good news is that I can pull a decent poison ivy impression, which could make it look like an intra-species conflict to outside observers.

If I could spin that, how would the other races respond? Business as usual, or would they risk making the dragons mad to make sure the curse isn't messed with?

Double the comfy, here we go.

View:
>Ocean during nighttime with meteor shower

Weather:
>Clear

Room:
>Couch
>Electronics (consoles)
>TV
>Large Windows
>Bed
>Bathing Supplies

Companions:
>Magical Beings and Other

Misc.:
>Bedding
>Hot Chocolate
>Fruits and Pastries
>Soft Carpets
>Sleepware
>Mobile Games
>Alcohol
>Stuffed Toy

Almost maximum comfy achieved.

The previous version of this or whatever is way better in every way. I saw it once, but I don't remember how long ago it was. Can someone post it?

Yeah, should be 40, unless I miscounted somewhere.

The response from the other races would depend on who has treaties with who at the time.

Nevermind, I just want to check if any of the other races had plant magic, and (of course) the only other one seems to be Dragons, so nobody would believe it.

The important thing here is that it means I won't be making enemies with everyone else, though.

E

Let Chaos reign!

Yeah.

There's no previous version; this is a sequel to something else, which may be what you're thinking of.

Right, I recall there being an assassin as a class that let you be invisible whenever you weren't attacking which seemed pretty OP to me. Don't really remember much else aside from the fact that there were a lot more companions.

Technically, this is the first CYOA posted by someone other than me after the meta-one, so I think I'll use meta on this. "A", of course.

Dres-, I mean, Awakened, of course. Dres-, I mean, Mage.

>Anima 4
Unaging; obvious choice.
>Field 3
Time control? Yes, please. 4 is a bit overkill.
>Essence 2
Don't want to be vulnerable to ghosts, and reading memories is always useful.
>Energy 3
More than enough offensive capability. 4 is cool, but unnecessary.
>Matter 2

So, yeah; demigod. And yes, I know "double point" builds are usually a bit silly; don't take it seriously.

Serious question though: is the implication that we can continue to learn the higher levels of the others over time?

>Technically, this is the first CYOA posted by someone other than me after the meta-one
Oh, wait; no it's not. Arguably the first point-based one, though.

>is the implication that we can continue to learn the higher levels of the others over time?
Yes, but the further you get into it the harder it becomes to progress.