Can anyone even do Courtesan right?

Can anyone even do Courtesan right?

No but when done right the role is rather fascinating and enjoyable to play alongside but to many people just go around be a complete slut and never make use of this for assassination of a unique type

I once played a Courtesan as the happily married wife of a foreign merchant that had already given him many sons and daughters, and had now taken to employing her knack for seduction in the noble courts we were enjoying.

She was supposedly incredible in bed, but she was portrayed more as the intelligent, sensual type more often than not.

Temporarily, yeah.

Just nothing but flattery via CHA rolls. No action because the real courtesans saw me as a threat and got the attention pulled away from me, which was perfect because my character was there as a "Lando posing as a temple guard until Luke (the druid) gives the signal" capacity.

A courtesan is a character best use in political intrigue and socially focused campaigns. These sorts of campaigns require that the players maintain a sharp eye for details, high deductive reasoning skills, and an externalized view from their character and how things explicitly effect them.

Ask yourself, how many players have you met that could actually perform well in that environment? Contrary to that, how many have you met that have an indescribably hard time following even basic plotline information?

Depends on the system and setting.

Tenra Bansho Zero, Exalted and Legends of the Wulin are all system swhich spring to mind as having built in options and setting details that allow for that sort of character to make perfect sense.

D&D and all its variants, on the other hand, really isn't built for anything like that.

Honestly, the sexy courtesan just seem like a cheap excuse for people who want to play a power fantasy where they are loved and desired by everyone and they can have all the sex they want without negative social repercussions.

Effeminate eunuchs make the best courtesans.

This
>also
Castle Marrach

They're women who have sex for money. How can you even do it wrong?

>landwhale_holding_up_Ineedfeminismbecause_sign.triggering

The famous courtesans were more than just "they were pretty and good in bed," they're also known for being intellectually stimulating and, in some cases, really politically astute.

Still, if your party is shy about sex it'd be a dumb character to play, but even so it doesn't mean she needs to constantly use sex to get her way, that should just be one thing in her arsenal and probably reserved for very prominent people.

The best courtesan PC's i've seen was in an Exalted H-game.

All female party. Choppy courtesan, Sexy courtesan, a Courtesan's courtesan, Sneaky courtesan, Magic courtesan.

Courtesan career for Classic Traveller.

>Any given piece of media
>The courtesans are always, ALWAYS the best women
>Not purely in sex appeal, but in personality, knowledge and usefulness too

Fucking WHY? It's as retarded as mothers always being an objective upgrade over their daughters in anime.

Do you know how hard it was to become a courtesan? It took years of training. You couldn't just walk in off the street and get the job. You probably think harems were made up scantily clad women captured from enemy nations, huh, weeb?

Also, in that PDF, you need to roll a 12 on your survival roll to end up in the elites of the Sisterhood. On a 2d6, that's just a 2.78% chance.

>effeminate eunuch courtesan
I actually had that as a background for a 5e warlock.

>Courtesans put more effort and training into being desirable women than most wives
Why didn't the elite send their daughters on wife training? You know, like courtesan training but without the fucking for money part?

Why do you think they didn't? Many certainly did.

Then why did we ever abolish wife education? I demand an explanation!

Because the modern re implementation would also include mandatory husband education.

So? That might be one way to get our insane divorce rates down.

The best way to get divorce rates down is to abolish divorce.

Why is neck so long? Neck is as long as face

>The best way to get divorce rates down is to abolish marriage.
Close to 100% of divorced couples were married.

This sounds almost like the beginnings of navy seal copy pasta

>Close to 100%
>not 100%
Uh, what?

People who marry later in life are less likely to be divorced. And divorce rates have been declining for a long time now, anyway.

It's not the cynics that are divorcing, it's the romantics that jump in too eagerly into marriage.

And? Master swordsman is just a cheap excuse for people who want to play a power fantasy where they're strong and confident and skilled and can carry a weapon all they want without negative social repercussions. How is one power fantasy better or worse than the other?

Since we already don't care about this being a fetish thread, this is one of the reasons I think elven women are popular as fantasy waifus.
After all, 200 years of experience sucking dick while still having a killer body must be attractive to SOMEONE.

Due to some technicalities you can have unmarried couple divorce.

On topic: Yes. Play an intellectually stimulating, handsome, and sultry woman. Become the muse of the NPC

the best way to get divorce rates down is not to marry

Yes, but you have to realize that a capable courtesan PC will not come off as a good person. She needs to be seductive, sultry and sexy, but also manipulative, callous and cunning. Be it charming men, crushing hearts or destroying the chances of the competition, a courtesan will do it in stride and with what seems like natural elegance.

Courtesans aren't just whores, but naturally gifted and specifically trained women that know how to hold themselves up among nobility and control the power they receive from the ones they serve.

>a capable courtesan PC will not come off as a good person
Except she will. A courtesan that can't evoke the impression of being a good person isn't really useful. You shouldn't be able to smell the betrayal, blood and STDs off her.

>Except she will. A courtesan that can't evoke the impression of being a good person isn't really useful. You shouldn't be able to smell the betrayal, blood and STDs off her.

She won't to anyone that knows that she is a spy. which would be the PCs. The PCs would know about the stable boy she murdered because he saw her sending a letter or something, her man wouldn't.

>Except she will. A courtesan that can't evoke the impression of being a good person isn't really useful.
This. I mean, remember the whore in Firefly?

Which one? There were a bunch of women in Firefly, and since all women are whores you're going to need to narrow that down.

It's funny because it's true.

What other tools in her arsenal beyond braining a man or woman senseless in the sheets or enclosed garden?

not the gearhead, not the gun-ho, not the Mary Sue

>I can make you finish in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands.

So what? Most people roleplay some kind of powerfantasy because most people don't want to roleplay a complete slob loser.

No, because you can only do it right if you are ever given an opportunity to take part in a large gathering of nobles/politicians and that more than likely never happens as groups usually have no patience to let individuals do their thing if it has the potential to take up more than 30 minutes of time. Which is at least understandable, so much to do and only so much time is given.

Apart from the "front man" and his occasional CHA based rolls to try and get a very short-term benefit for the party, Courtesan would require the one person from the party to take a noticeable amount of session time to get any sort of information to be useful for the party. I mean the DM could just do some fast-forward faggotry and say "you got (enter information gathered here) in your time when you went to the ball" and while that's better for the groups session time it make being a courtesan completely lack-luster.

It just makes you want to be a "me crush skull" barbarian as they are constantly useful in combat, which is the largest danger most campaigns ever make you face, and just say fuck it to most forms of RP/background based actions.

>Honestly, the wise wizard just seem like a cheap excuse for people who want to play a power fantasy where they are intelligent and wiser than everyone and they can have all the answers they want without negative social repercussions.

K.

>Why didn't the elite send their daughters on wife training?

They do. Because when your the one who has to pay the dowry, you gotta make sure your daughter isn't gonna enturbulate her husband, causing that nice political bargain you made with the husband's family to swirl down the toilet. Upper class women had all sorts of things, like social etiquette (among many other things) to make them socially appealing as wives.

I meant to the players.

>have all the sex they want without negative social repercussions.

Tuberculosis affects people's social lives pretty drastically user.

Because marriage was basically a political or monetary transaction.
It didn't matter if she was ugly or hot or sexy or interesting; you WERE going to marry her because that was the deal.
A pretty wife would be easier to use in that way, but frequently marriages were arranged back when you were children.

Courtesans are terrific in RuneQuest 6. They know all the most important social skills that can be a chore to be good at, lore about the places around them, and can get in from of nobility easiest. They also are skilled gamblers and very deadly assassins.

It's called home economics, user. plenty of girls on the road to being a housewife take that course. Typically along with hair styling or some form of art class or some shit.

Because Feminism. Instead of men thinking "She loves children, keeps a home and has a loving and caring disposition and DEM CHILDBEARING HIPS" and finding that desireable and want to impress that we are confronted with a large, angry woman with piercings and a flash of brightly colored hair and told that we must find this desirable.

You do know "feminism" is a joke for most women right? Something landwhales, uglies, and bitches cling as they fail to even try to compensate for their flaws and look for something to blame. In that case men. Ask an actually hot/nice chick if they're a feminist and they'd look at your weird or have a shallow idea of what that group is actually like.

Maybe in third world countries. Not in Europe.

True, but the average woman who would of normally been a fat-titted wife that loves children and can bake and cook are the ones that are now overweight, dying their hair and shouting about their periods.

Varg Vargess said it best.

Especially in Europe. Yes many European countries are fairly liberal. That has nothing to do with the influence of feminism. American feminism is a fucking joke around the world.

This thread is shit, as are all who sail in her.

Varg is huge autist faggotron. Most men don't do what they used to before the industrial revolution either, because we don't have to.

>That has nothing to do with the influence of feminism. American feminism is a fucking joke around the world.

There is only Western Feminism which is a pox on the search for truth, liberty and freedom of speech. It is double-think and crimethink rolled in to one.

Same guy, but you are right. We no longer want to fight or compete, or measure ourselves against our brothers. Instead we have torn down the only objective measurement, competition.

We no longer value the old values of resliliance, toughness, endurance and self-sufficiency. We look down on the man who goes to war, we would rather remain in our ivory towers than jump down in to the pit of contest and measure our worth.

Who the fuck is "we"? There are over 8 billion people in the world.

Yeah, because we have options. There is nothing right and wrong anymore. Autists like Varg can't adapt so he throws a shitfit and romanticises the past.

>You do know "feminism" is a joke for most women right?

The essence of feminism, that men owe women respect, but women don't owe men anything, is an accepted norm of female thought in the postmodern west.

There's nothing wrong with healthy competition to keep oneself motivated, but honestly having it as the sole mode of operation is fucking stupid.

We competed over fucking everything in the military, and it was dogshit stupid at times.

>We no longer want to fight or compete

You don't know many men do you.

When we don't have to compete as warriors we can compete as makers. Isn't the ivory tower achievement in its own right? Can it not measure competitively?

It's still stupid. The people in characte of society is often oafs and oafs also makes into the military.

I have no fucking clue what you're trying to say in this post.

Everything has always been stupid and crazy all the time.

Oh, so you were being retarded.

Please excuse yourself from the discussion.

>We competed over fucking everything in the military, and it was dogshit stupid at times.

The stories I hear from my folks confirm that. Things would get especially nasty among officers if it was promotion.

>Not in Europe
It is in most of Europe. The idea of modern feminism is basically unheard of in the smaller countries or is generally seen as too boring of a topic to even bring up

Yes

Europoor here, when people say "feminist" around here, the first thing that comes to mind is suffragettes, second thing that comes to mind is that letting women into the office is not a bad idea principally (but Merkel was a mistake).
The tumblrinas are only a thing for people who "use foreign internet" (as in visit pages in language other than our native) which is minority of the population and virtually nobody above the age of 30.

No. Neither of those boards would make for good courtesans.

That's interesting. What is it about America that seems to breed extremist political views. Do you have groups like /pol/ in Europe?

Only about 7.4 billion, actually.

Are you talking about Yolanda, Saffron, or Bridgette?

What is finishing school?

Divorce rates are inflated by the chunk of people that get married and divorced repeatedly.

French feminism is worse but your point still stands.

A Courtesan maybe?
Although, I think most callgirls are used to a different kind of roleplay.
Then again, if you are willing to pay by the hour...

I've been to university friend, and I can tell you those women are without exception steaming piles of shit compared to how courtesans are historically described or depicted in fiction.

MY IVORY TOWER IS TALLER THAN YOURS

>Do you have groups like /pol/ in Europe?

He's talking about Inara, most likely, since this is a courtesan thread.

>Do you know how hard it was to become a courtesan? It took years of training. You couldn't just walk in off the street and get the job. You probably think harems were made up scantily clad women captured from enemy nations, huh, weeb?

How hard is it for a man to become a cute courtesan tho?

>mandatory husband education
I'm down for that.
>Eat right, Sleep well, and LIFT
>People>women>puppies
>Don't be a push over, despite what some feminism wants you to think.
>Learn one practical skill, one intellectual skill, and one fun skill of your choices.
>Don't just work hard, work smart.
Anything else?

How large does a Courtesan's bust have to be to add bonuses?

>impregnate the wives of other men to assert dominance

>Be attractive
>Don't be unattractive.