Mechagirl Pit Fighter Quest

The continuing story of violence and desperation.

Twitter:twitter.com/QuestGuy1

Previous Thread: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/48259863/

Upgrade Shop:pastebin.com/n29aiRnQ

Fox Fire Stats:
pastebin.com/QbHTADB9

New Fox Fire upgrades will be posted in thread when/if we decide to upgrade her weapons

Lesath Stats: pastebin.com/CbdcHgWh

COMMUNAL CREDITS:30

PERSONAL CREDITS: 0

THE THIRD DAY

You set Angel up in one of the rooms in your upstairs territory. The red-skinned gynoid reboots peacefully, perhaps for the first time in her life, in a soft bed.

Kitten has a fight tomorrow, and Yurei's challenge is in two days following that. Today you've decided to get some use out of Worst Dad and upgrade yourself and Fox Fire.

First thing though: DO WE WAKE ASH UP OR LET HER SLEEP?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/J33nncfE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think the best thing we can do is just let her sleep. When she is ready to wake up and wants to chat, she'll find us.

Watch, she'll wake up when we get intimate with Fox Fire.

Kind of wish that we set up a light fight/squash match for ourselves, but its cool. Can't wait to see what neat stuff Fox Fire can get.

this

You pat Angel's head and kiss her cheek. She's had a hard, hard life. She deserves all the rest she can get.

You head downstairs and find Mister E still napping. You tip over the sofa and spill him on the floor.

Mr. S smiles from the sides.

"Awww...What the hell?" He groggily sits up on his elbows.

"Time to earn your keep." You say. "We have fights coming up and credits burning a hole in our pockets. Time to upgrade."

"Oh shit...you couldn't have waited huh?"

"No. Go get your tools. It's time."

"Sure sure sure..." He grumbles as he gets unsteadily to his feet. "You better keep winning like you are for all the trouble you give us."

"You better keep making me stronger for all the trouble you give me."

BEGIN UPGRADING:

FIRST OPTION:

DO WE UPGRADE ANY OF LESATHS STATS? WHAT STATS DO WE UPGRADE AND BY HOW MUCH?

So what do we wanna do?

So, in trying to keep a reserve fund, I would like to try and leave 10 credits on the table, for emergency repairs. As such we should have 10 spent on both Leseath and Fox Fire.

As of right now, the only stat I would like to upgrade is our Agility, up one point to 3. For a total of 4 credits. We can look to more stat upgrades after Fox's Fight/any additional fights that we have. As we should really look into wholesale stat upgrades after we get a few more useful tools.

It should be noted that if our dads think we can spend a little more, we can keep a reserve of 5. But I like having 10 on us at all times.

They're totally fine with draining the bank.

Increase Dexterity to 3, 4 credits

I'm assuming by agility you mean dexterity?

think it best just to go with that

>Increase Dexterity to 3

Upgrading is so boring. You sit and wait for hours while Mr. E takes out your quick-twitch polymer tendons and replace them with faster models.

When he's done you feel faster. And your practice jabs show it.

"Make sure you don't trip up on all that extra speed." Mr. E warns.

"Make sure you shut up and get back to work." You warn back.

COMMUNITY CREDITS: 26

NEXT OPTION: LESATH WEAPONRY

What weapons would you like? Would you like the anti-sword weapon from last thread?

If you don't like what's on the shop list. suggest a weapon or upgrade and I'll cook something up!

I'm in favor of the anti-sword, unless someone else has another idea?

Good to know these two are getting along so swimmingly after yesterday.

So with that in mind, the anti sword weapon was 6 credits, yes? Is it something we have to carry? Or is it kind of a passive weapon that can be activated? Can you spell it out for us again to give full description?

For now, I like Trifurcation and Thruster Punch as options, as they cover an additional aspect, our Mobility. Its gone up, but we're still a little squishy, being able to jet away and jet ahead is something useful, not to mention added power punches and something to tie robots down more for added mobility loss.

Not commiting till we have more answers on the Blob Shield. But just laying out some thoughts.

I also should mention that Force Corona is a viable alternative, if people want to hold off on Thruster Punch.

oh shit, I had no idea this was up.

We already have Force Corona.

BLOB SHIELD. This thick hand weapon can block projectiles and absorb the kinetic force of blows. And if something like an energy sword were to hit it the sword would become stuck...

The shield however is vulnerable to energy weapons, electricity, and extreme temperatures. Mechanically it provides +2 to your hand to hand stat while blocking and +2 to your armor.

The Blob Shield is its own hand weapon. But if you're willing to fork over 3 more credits you can get it attached as an upgrade to the piston or fixer.

I dunno, I sort of really like thruster punch.

Going with Thruster Punch, and leaning for Trifurication.

Don't we already have Force Corona

Shit, it's a hand weapon?
We need our hand slots badly.
And it's too much of a one-shot use kind of thing to want to attach it to a piston.
Maybe attach it to the tail so that tail can be defensive and offensive?

How does its blocking ability vs swords compare to the swords we can get in our tail?

If we attach it to the fixer, is there any way to then combine that with the plan b upgrade?

Thinking it could unbalance enemies using melee attacks against us or make sure that explosive projectiles blocked by it don't end up right next to us.

Another alternative I thought of is getting the jaws of death on our pilebunker, which would allow us to switch out offhand weapons depending on the fight.
but it's MAD expensive, and won't start seeing dividends for several fights.

>attack to the tail

That's an option!

>blocking ability

It's far better than trying to fence. Once it catches a sword the sword's stuck. The enemy will have to yank it out, and sense your horsepower is so high odds are they won't be able to unless they're built for power.

It also helps that it can be concealed and then deployed airbag style.

Yep! I didn't plan on combo options but now that I think about it it does have some nifty options with the plan B upgrade.

You could even launch the blob shield Captain America style!

okay, these are my posts, and I've thought on it a bit.
We should get either thruster punch or trifurication, or both. This will allow us to ditch the fixer for a fight and switch to poofy shield.

This is what I'd like. If you guys want to spend the extra cash mixing the poofy shield and the fixer, then that's your choice.

Question, how do we upgrade our Willpower again? Last I checked it was a dump stat of sorts for us, and I'm just nervous.

This was my post.

I think it would be an interesting thing to do, but it is a fair divergence from our usual style and I am not sure if we can really afford it yet. I would like to consider something like this so that we don't have to constantly switch weapons.

Other than that, I agree with on either thruster punch or trifurication

don't we just pay for it?
It is kind of low.
our REAL dump stat, however, is our targetting system.

It looks like we want the shield, so I'll go ahead and fix that up.

If you want to attach it to a hand weapon just spend 3 more Credits.

"My word..." Fox Fire pushes her straw sunhat back to better look at your new hand weapon. Its a translucent dark blue circle that radiates from your forearm. You look out through the shield at Fox. "Hey! You look kind of funny through this goop!"

Fox Fire stares back at you through the shield "You look like yourself...just more blue."

With a flick of your wrist the blob shield retracts into your arm with a PLOP noise. With another flick you bring it back out.

"Nanite colony. Its similar to a material they use to line mines on ateroid jobs. Dampens kinetic force, but energy and concentrated temperatures fuck with the nanite's communication and causes it to liquefy."

Fox Fire gently touches the shield and has to pull with all her might just to get her finger free.

"That's something I added. The nanites form molecular bonds with whatever they touch. Very, very sticky."

CREDITS: 20

It's not too late to go back and bump up stats.

INCREASE WILLPOWER?

Well, in that case, I'm voting we up our Willpower. Targeting system being low is understandable since, IIRC, we're kitted out largely to drag people into CQC range even if they're out of it and then GnP them.

I am up for thruster punch.
And how much does a willpower increase cost? Like three? sure.

>INCREASE WILLPOWER?
I say hold off for now, it can wait until our loadout is more complete.

So far one for holding out and two for bumping Willpower. Willpower is currently at 2, so it would cost 4 credits to bring it to 3.

I don't believe we need to add it to a weapon. Now that we know it is a hidden weapon that can be activated, I think we can leave it as is. And we just use the Fixer hand to hold it for now.

It will cost 4, same as Dexterity.

I think we either go willpower or thruster punch. We can affoard to spend more on ourselves that Fox Fire, but, I still wish to upgrade her a but, and to do that we need funds.

If anything, we can look to the purse in the fight against Sherry, or a quick squash match, or both, to help us and upgrade our weapons before Yurei fight.

For what it is worth, I am leaning toward just Thruster Punch for now.

If we have enough after Fox Fire's upgrades, maybe, but for now I would like 8-12 credits for Fox Fire to play with.

I change my mind from getting willpower to holding off for now.
We'll get an extra next fight.
It's mostly a luxury thing at this point, we won't NEED it against any of our upcoming opponents.

Alright, adding thruster punch now.

You grin as you feel your upward momentum equalize with gravity. For a moment you feel weightless, as if you were actually in space...

You're grinning when you land on your feet. "This might actually be my favorite thing you've made..." You hate giving the creep a compliment, but damn it, your fist is now a space rocket. You like that. A lot.

"Tch. That barely took anything out of the warchest. All I did was apply a little primitive rocketry to your pile bunker. It's nothing special."

That's where he's wrong.

COMMUNITY CREDITS: 18

Anything else you'd like for Lesath or MOVE TO FOX FIRE'S UPGRADES?

I think we're good for now, let's amp up Fox with all the craziest shit we can afford.

I think we're OK. we can revisit this if we have a big wad of cash left over and want anything else.

But we don't HAVE to spend all our cash. I mean, we can keep it in reserve for repairs. which I bet we will need at some point.

>MOVE TO FOX FIRE'S UPGRADES?
Yes.

>>MOVE TO FOX FIRE'S UPGRADES?
Let's get to it! Show me the good stuff, dealer.

Agreed. Think about what would have happened had Fox Fire melted that Fixer arm off? Probably would have been a fair nummber of credits.

Fox is up! Time to see the good stuff!

If by crazy, you mean up her glaring weaknesses as brought about from our fight against her, right?

I was thinking more along the lines of illusion clones made of plasma, short range teleporting (if that's possible) and hidden laser claws for CQC, but your ideas good too.

"Now for Fox Fire." You say leading Mr. E by the hand over to where she lays on a work bench waiting.

"Damn it...I can't believe you're actually upgrading her. And I can't believe I'm letting you..."

"She's one of us now Mr. E." Mr. S says. "We take care of our own. She fights for us and we take care of her."

"Fine fine fine fine fine." Mr. E stands over Fox Fire, ready to run a schematic diagnostic.

"Lesath, are you sure he can improve me? I'm the result of so many great minds of the Yakuza."

Mr. E smirks. "Oh...Okay. Now I actually do want to fix you up."

FIRE GEM UPGRADES:

Super-Napalm: Installs a small device in her palm of ONE of her fire-gems that mixes in a sticky chemical that bonds molecularly much like your blob shield. The chemical becomes super heated when exposed to fire, absorbing the heat of fox fire's flames to melt through armor.

-cost: 5, 2 Credits provides 3 ammo. Starts with 3.
-Replaces the 1d6 damage over time effect with a 1d6+2
-Marks targets. The super-heated chemical shows up easily to scans.
-makes Fox Fire's fires resistant to being put out.

Fireball caster: Modifies a flame jewel to be able to fire a ball of fire that can move and snake around targets.
-Cost: 5
-Fireball only deals 5 damage plus splash and fire effect, but homes in on opponents, allowing missed rolls to be re-rolled

Ray of the Sun: A modification to a single fire jewel that allows Fox Fire to sacrifice the fire effect and multi-part splash damage to super-heat and fire a round that can potentially disable a part in a single shot.
-Cost 9 +1 per shot. Start with 3 shots.
-Deals 30 damage
-ignores anti-fire measures

FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS: UPGRADE FOX FIRE'S STATS? WHICH ONE?

Let's upgrade her targeting and horsepower first and foremost, those seem like her preferred stats.

After that, Ray of the Sun is way too amazing to pass up.

Boost Armor by 1.

Also DODON RAY- I mean Ray of the Sun.

get her an additional armor, and then get the fireball caster.
How many fireballs can we operate at once with fireball caster?
exactly how much of a bullet hell of seeking fireballs are we looking at?

Armor is a must. Improved to 2 at least. To 3 if we're feeling particularly paranoid.

Lesath w/Fixers + Fox Fire with Ray of the Sun =
Instant Disable Victory. Two to the legs, one to wherever the hell else we feel is important. Shit's brutal, mang.

Short Range Teleporter: Sadly your heart-brain is far too simple and primitive to be able to use this ara ara but fortunately you know a certain bot with an advance CPU...

-Cost 25
-An experimental miniaturization of the space tunnels used across the solar system. It allows for Fox Fire to make a will check to teleport within 360 feet. It allows her to use her willpower as a defense mod against all attacks representing how she teleports out of the way
-Jesus god its a teleportation device!

You can make 1 fireball per turn, but they stick around afterwards. If you spend enough turns you can make a whole lot of them, or plant them around the arena as you hide like the kitsune you are.

...We'll save it for later and a what-the-fuck surprise. That's a little costly for us at the moment.

Well, that is appropriately overpriced for it's crazy ass power. I'd say hold off on it for now, but I'm glad I gave us something super badass for the future.

Can I ask for more info on the uses of marking a target? Is it just going to be anti-stealth or will there be other upgrades from it? I am thinking either increased targeting or possibly using it to trigger some sort of trap.

Even without that, extra damage over time. Might be good with the teleport upgrade

Didn't see the cost on the teleport.
Still could work with illusions or we could save it for later.

Up that armour. She is going to need that buffed, shes our ranged character, but we need her to not be brittle. I hope Mr.E has some super strong super lightweight idea in mind. She can keep her figure that way.

I want to see all the other upgrades before I go too crazy here.

That ability...my god...

But considering that we are currently an outfit with a roster of 2 and not a lot of money...that is very very far down the line. Can't wait to see what overpowered 25 credit item we can find for Lesath.

So what do we have for when our enemies get a little too close for comfort?

I really want fireball casters.
INFINITY HOMING MISSILES sounds really good.

...I just realized she has a personal Force Field that's an instant cast and bumps her armor up to 4 temporarily.

So I dunno if we need the armor up that urgently anymore...how'd we get past it last time? Critfail on her part?

More or less, yeah. We rolled just high enough to pierce the forcefield and she couldn't get the harpoon out. Sure its a freak chance, but we should always prepare ourselves for someone who can break through it, or more freak hits like ours. We don't know how it fares against energy attacks, after all.

Armor:2

CREDITS:18

It's basically an anti stealth feature. You can turn invisible or project radar jamming chaff but you still stick out if you're covered in golden glowing molten sludge.

WHAT NEXT ON THE SHOPPING LIST?

Laser claws: Channels the power of a fire jewel through fox fires fingertips, shredding metal.

-cost 7
-inflicts 15 damage
-no burn or splash, but can be used when grappled or in a situation where the jewel flame thrower isn't too useful
-kitten has claws!

Plasma shadow: This upgrade Foxs illusion generator allows her to use her illusions to hide plasma discharges.
-illusions now hurt! Deals 5 damage and splash and fire when touched

True.

And the shadow costs 5 by the way

I still think HOMING FIRE is a good strategery, but I guess I'm alone in that.
Combine that with plasma shadow later, and suddenly we're a touhou boss.

Oh god the Plasma Shadow sounds pretty gnarly. Bet it costs a pretty penny though.

The Claws are also pretty damn dynamite. They retractable?

Definitely go with Laser Claws, and maybe Plasma Shadow if it's not too expensive.

Yep!

Backing Laser Claws.

I think we could do fun things mixing the homing fire and plasma shadow.

Those are my vote assuming no more upgrades show up

Hooming fireballs plus the Plasma Shadow sounds like fun combo. Everything everywhere is burny. They need to find kitten to stop the homing attacks, but all the kittens are way too hot!

Shouldn't we be at 16 credits, or did E manage to boost Fox's armor for free?

I'm torn between the Laser Claws and Ray of the Sun. Getting both would leave us at 0 creds.

As is, I'm going to go with the Laser Claws, so Fox isn't ruined in CQC like with us.

Screw it, we can afford all three. But lets not forget Ray of the Sun, we still need that.

did we do any research on fire's opponent?
what's her deal?

Excellent. Always love a good surprise.

So here is my thoughts. Unless Booker has some other secret upgrades we don't know about, here are my thoughts.

Laser Claws are a must, that will help those that saw last fight and think they instantly have a strategy.

Then, I think we either go for Fireball Caster or Super-Napalm. But only the one. We should keep the 10 damage blast for now. That way we don't actually decrease our burst potential.

We have not yet, but thats what Mr.S and a possible field trip to the pits are for.

And once we have the upgrades done. Its time to find out what data Fox Fire got from us!

>laser claws

CREDITS:11

Fox Fire flicks a Crimson nail out of her finger and stares at it curiously. "I am not so sure...I don't feel comfortable about hand to hand engagement. I'd much rather attack from a distance."

"You got your tail kicked in because you were made to go invisible and blast away with your flames. That didn't work because Lesath drew you in close and trapped you. This will give you a prayer when trapped again."

"Hmm...yes." Fox fire flicks a fistful of claws. "I think I understand your point."

NEXT BUY?

Ray of the Sun, PLEASE.

we've got two paths.

Either A. ray of sun

or B. shadow clones and fireballs.

I'm a B man.

Plasma shadow or fireball

Ray of the Sun

As useful as Ray of the Sun will be, I think Plasma Shadow and Fireballs will be the better option for now. Backing B.

Fireballs. Lets leave Plasma Shadow for now. Its so good, but I want reserves. Especially with higher cost weapons available, and increases in stat costs.

Plasma Shadow is Fox Fire's version of us and Willpower. Save it for the future.

B is tempting, but then if her opponent gets a way to resist fire, A would be necessary. Can we look her up real quick before deciding on what to get?

DO YOU WANT TO POSTPONE FURTHER UPGRADES TO DO SOME RECON? YOU WILL BE RACING THE CLOCK TO GET INTELL AND THEN GET BACK IN TIME FOE THE UPGRADES.

Fuck if that caps lock isn't terrifying, but I'd rather make an informed decision about our upgrades. Mostly because I'm terrified of how this will go.

Not , but I say no. If they are fire immune we have the claws and use the illusions to get close. If fire AND illusions don't work,we are screwed anyway. That is assuming there is no QUICK recon we can do that doesn't leave us at risk of running out of time.

Let's not, hope for the best. Lesson to learn for next time, ideally.

so, how soon are we to our next hacking/getting hacked session?
It's been so long

Well I was hoping we could look her up online or call someone familiar with the fighters, but if not, just do upgrades and remember to get in plenty of info ahead of the fights next time.

To be fair, she's a Mafia bot. Maybe we can check the archives, surely there are some recorded matches somewhere. And we can always ask Ash too. As she was a former Mafia bot.

Kinda wish I could gleam more about how Sherry could fight by her name alone. But my Arabic mythology game is pits.

You never know user, patience.

I wish that guy who was writing side-hacks about another bot would come back.
I am still interested.

>Sherry could fight by her name alone
Sherezade was a princess/harem girl belonging to a sultan that killed every bride after consumating because he only liked virgins or something like that.
When her turn came she, instead, told him one story every night for 1001 nights before having sex with him. Before he could dispose of her, he realized he was madly in love with her.

So, i guess illusions and hacking?

Who?

you know, the guy who made this
pastebin.com/J33nncfE

>pastebin.com/J33nncfE
Oh, that'd be me then
Sorry for the hiatus, had work related problems. That and me being a whiny bitch.

Right now i am rewriting my old stuff, should have the first chapter redone by the end of the session.

sweet

Well, that's worrying in the extreme. Is her skillset is like a close range variation of Fox... fuck.

Probably something like planting a bomb or slow acting desintegrator on you and fucking around until there is nothing left of you.
Well, THAT, or she is a standard fighter and made to look exotic and appealing as an afterthought

Fucking hell... I'm going to be a nervous wreck for this entire fight.

Its a quest run by QG. You and I both know that he wouldn't name the bot something so specific as an afterthought.

And this is a relatively low stakes battle we have here...thank goodness for that, eh?

It should be a fun battle, at the very least. And I am partial to having a rival like Sherry. Adds a fun dynamic.

A quick look online is possible, but there's only so much a recording can tell you. The only way to get a full read is to have Mr E see her personally and get some readings off his tools.

You fire up the Data net projector and within seconds you're browsing an archive of fights. You find Sherry's fight from last night and put it on.

She fights with that scarf of hers. She wraps it around herself to strengthen her punches and kicks and around her opponents to break their joints and immobilize them. It moves like a thing alive, quick as lightning, and her opponent wilts and moans in its embrace.

Needless to say she won. Her opponent was a sleek looking gynoid outfitted with sharp white wings named Haniel. She tried to fight off the ribbon with mighty slashes of her wings but it snaked around them and delivered powerful lashes until she fell.

Sherry took her time finishing her. She slowly wrapped her ribbon around the fallen angel limb by limb starting with her toes and ending with her face. She waved and blew kisses to the cheering crowd that chanted her name. The proud angel struggled to get a wing free even when they were squeezed together by the ribbon, even when Sherry tied a bow between them and shouted "Taa Da!". It was only when Sherry placed a bare brown foot on her precious wings that her pride finally broke and she mewles out her submission.

Sherry, very much the entertainer, performed a dance for the crowd while her ribbon hacked Haniel until she gasped out her conqueress' name.

"The thing is some sort of super circuitry. It's capable of hacking what it touches."

"Ara ara. That is of no concern to me. Can my claws cut it?"

"How the hell should I know? I'd need to scan the thing just to know what it's made of."

Could also be some sort of willpower reducer rather than a physical effect. Just one more thing to worry about.

Oooh how fun, someone who seems to play in Lesath's wheelhouse. Personality wise, at least.