pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/hy0cUVD2
souleater.wikia.com/wiki/Madness_of_Boobs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So, to address a question at the end of the last thread, racial options in Overlord are alt-forms. I didn't mention it in the document because I kind of assumed it went without saying. I don't think I've seen any racial options on offer in any jumps that weren't alt-forms.

Is that mind control including mind reading? Like, the moment it controls me they would see my memories and be aware of my powers?

What's the range on it? How does it have to be activated? Point at person, think of em, touch em?

Thanks for clarifying. I tend to assume the opposite unless it's explicitly stated. Kind of 'you can't unless it says you can'. There's only a few instances I can think of of the top of my head that don't say it explicitly (Darkstalkers & Hellsing) though. Might just be me being silly though.

I know that it wouldn't count as equipped but would having an item in your inventory count as having it on your person? Such as for a perk that auto loads any ammo you are carrying into your weapon without the need to reload?

So, what other planet spirits are there in jump chain? Are there any ways to interact with other planet spirits in jumpchain?

I just remembered from ages ago, is there any chance of adding a +0 drawback that makes Albedo yandere for the jumper instead of Ainz?

This is the last thing I'm going to post on the subject, then I'm done. There's multiple builds in the God of War Jump which are competitive, even if you take a "no outside perks" drawback. You can be a God, or a Monster, or a Hero. You don't need to take the Titan Blood capstone to win, you just need some blend of perks that'll get you there.

You, on the other hand, mandate taking Level 100 to have any hope of dealing with the biggest dangers in Overlord. Which also means nothing else in Ovelord combined can even hope to compare to it. 1800 CP on perks designed to make you combat capable? You wasted 1800 points, because you're not as capable as you would have been if you'd spent 600. That's shitty jump design, and it's tragic that you don't see it.

Insult me all you want, I'm done responding to someone who thinks making one must-buy perk better than everything else in his jump combined is a hallmark of quality.

Tell me about the time you said something totally badass and the circumstances that led to it.

>Crying more.

We just had that argument but the jumpmaker didn't respond.

It's super-mind control. As in they literally flip your loyalty such that you are now 100% loyal to them and fuck all your previous associations. They can't read your mind, it doesn't do that, but they could order you to tell them all your secrets and you would.

As for the range, it's close range. It's an item and you have to be, at absolute minimum, within sight of them. Presumably the range is shorter than that, perhaps a hundred meters or so.

The item itself is a dress. They have to be wearing it and activating it takes a few seconds. They don't have to point at you specifically, but it's not subtle in the slightest.

Sure. In canon Ainz has to leave his Ring of Ainz Ooal Gown with Pandora's Actor when he vists the treasure vault, because just having it in his inventory still counts as having it 'on him' for purposes of tripping the traps in that area.

Listen dude, your argument is retarded. You are complaining that you can't take out/survive what equates to a pantheon of living gods (compared to normal people) whom SPECIFICALLY want you dead and when you SPECIFICALLY have no out of jump powers or items to fall back on .. while you yourself at not also on par with them.

Your argument and complaint is stupid. I don't like have to use language like that since I think it causes debates to break down, but there's really nothing that can be said other than. You are complaining about taking freaking top-tier drawbacks, including one that restricts out of jump abilities and items, and then being surprised that you can't win unless you take the 'max power' options on offer in the jump.

How is that a drawback? If it was a drawback she'd want you dead.

TLDR - Hell no.

Is there any chnace of bumping the drawback caps up a little?

Hence the +0. Similar to stuff like hellsing abridged/schrodinger and gag reel from blazblue. But if you dont want to include it I wont push it further, just I thought the idea was pretty amusing.

Yeah, not to agree with the guy bitching about Level 100, but the jump I'd clearly built around that undercounted CP hog if a perk. It'd be nice if you could squeeze out a couple of hundred extra CP without being suicidal.

I hope nobody minds, but I'm going to post a few builds and a little writefagging I've done.

Main Chain - Interlude 25
pastebin.com/hy0cUVD2

Main Chain - Jump 26 - Spice and Wolf

Background: Merchant, Male, 26 (Free/Rolled)

Abilities:
+ A Friendly Face (200)
+ Fluffy Tail (250) [Wolf ears and Tail. Black with white tips.]
+ The Monster Inside of Me (850) [Wolf Form]

Items:
+ Spice x2 (Free)
+ Barrel of Apples (950)
+ Goons (1250)
+ Legendary Steed (1400)

Drawbacks:
+ Just a Humble Trader (1000)

Story, TLDR version:
+ DC, Sweets, and Lenore stayed inside the Warehouse in stasis rather than wander around this world. Tak and Seras struck off together to have their own fun. Alita went out alone in a huff. She was annoyed that I had decided to take a vacation from everyone.

+ Backstory - Born to a rather poor mother who still believed in the Old Ways. Quite understandable because I clearly had the blood of some Little God or another running through my veins. Was taught very early on to hide my ears and tail. Became quite good at the lie. Eventually started helping out at a nearby Inn. Earned enough to buy my first load of spices and cart. Mother gave me the horse I now own. She refused to tell me where she got it from, for I had never seen it. And so I set off, stopping in Pasloe along the way to check out the Harvest Festival.

+ Holo picked to stowaway in my cart instead of Lawrence's. Probably because she smelled the apples. She was quite unperturbed when I mentioned what exactly I was and more than a little "hands-on" when I revealed my ears and tail. Still, she was charming and attractive, so we ended up wandering around together. I agreed to help her visit her homeland, if for no other reason than it would give me a goal beyond idle wandering.

[1/2]

You can do the Codex Alera Fury-Crafting thing and make a fury/genius loci/nature spirit representative of the entire planet and potentially more.

Voice of the Planet and Realm of Myths let you interact with the setting like this too. With some wank, Arcane from Smite because enough mana can do anything.

There's probably more, I'm looking for stuff as I speak.

>How is that a drawback?
Basically a little while after you posted the first version of the jump here some anons thought it would be fun/funny if 42nd could have an option where Albedo becomes a companion for the price of having to deal with her bullshit. Some other anons got really pissy about the idea because they thought it was NTR.

Probably not. 600cp is the traditional cap, and you can already get up to 800cp if you're willing to put yourself at serious risk.

It doesn't even make sense. Albedo is not Yandere for Ainz, she is deredere. She's perfectly willing to share with others, she and Shalltear literally have several conversations along those lines in canon. It's the other members of AOG she hated, and only because they didn't stick around like Momonga did.

Regardless no such drawback will be making an appearance, because it's not actually a drawback.

You don't have to take it. If you've got quick training perks and are willing to invest the time you can get level 100 without purchasing it. You just won't have access to any of the good stuff until you do, and it will take a while.

>600cp is the traditional cap
Oh good lord don't say that, "Because I said so" is less likely to cause a shitstorm.

That might technically be true, but you can't do anything relevant during the jump if you don't take it, and during the time you spend trying to get there you could just get learn the other classes' abilities and talents instead.

>That might technically be true, but you can't do anything relevant during the jump

Take friends with the devil. Done.

If you dont antagonize them chances are you will be fine.

Sure you can. Take friends with the Devil. 100cp, and Ainz and Nazarick like you. You now get to pal around with them, and maybe affect the overall operation of Nazarick via influencing Ainz, and you don't have to be level 100, or even in the realm of heroes, to do it.

Alternatively nothing it stopping you from being relevant with out of jump perks and powers. Complaining about not being able to be relevant when taking a Drawback that forces no out of jump stuff and then not buying the options that make it easier for you to interact on the 'plot level' is just silly.

This guy gets it.

[2/2]
+ Pretty dull overall, for a Jump. Plenty of social interaction, trading, and lots of fun conversations, but only a few action packed moments. One of these involved Alita, who had been accused of being a witch for defending herself with Panzer Kunst. The Church had overwhelmed and captured her. They were holding her until the next Holy Day to burn her sins away, or some such nonsense.

+ I immediately dropped everything to rush over and save her. I was all ready to dive in, monster form first, but Holo cautioned me. She persuaded me to try a stealthy approach, which ended up working much better. Alita was beaten and bruised, but they had thought better of trying to molest her after she had broken fingers in a very intimate way. She was grateful for the rescue, but glared at Holo as if she was a hated enemy and dashed off before much could be said. I was confused, but Holo sighed and shoved me after her.

"I refuse to continue travelling with someone who could make a girl cry. Go apologize you idiot!"

+ What followed was a rather heartwarming scene that I refuse to relate because even a Jumper is allowed a private moment now and then. In the end, Alita and I had started to patch things up and Holo approved. The three of us traveled together from then on, enjoying each others company more than anything else. It took years, as such things do, before Alita and I had managed to mend the fence fully, but time was the one thing we had in abundance in this Jump.

+ Tak and Seras showed up now and again when our paths crossed. Eventually they stated that they were heading South to the tropics and wouldn't be back for several years. I took fresh hair and nail samples from them, in case the worst happened, and bid them good luck and much love.

+ The Jump ended on a snowy day, with the cart buried and the horse comfortably stabled, in a small wooden cottage I had bought near the northern edge of the world. Holo came along, because I was a great friend.

If you have any learning perks or xp perks they are going to help a lot. Do you complain about not having max power in d&d if you dont pay for it?

Generally, it's been considered `okay` to bump the drawback cap up if the jump offers a ton. Several do, many don't. It's down to jumpmaker preference.

That said, the argument you can't be relevant is basically total hogwash, though that should be obvious by now. Someone tried an identical argument for Lost Property, and one user was even convinced Cardcaptor Sakura was out to murder him and could.

It's a silly place.

So bit of confusion about sentient tech from the way Red was talking about it- are we banned from utilizing its full potential from the origin and associated sentient perks? Or are we banned from getting it in any sense, including by using other tech/magical perks? I could understand the first, but what the hell is the point of the second? Sentient tech doesn't seem any more 'broken' than Wormtech. In terms of scale and complexity it seems way goddamn weaker, what with the lack of multiversal space folding and galaxy busting durability/attacks.

Codex Alera furies scale with how 'powerful' you are, but what does that mean? In what context?

Question: How does any amount of human knights manage to overwhelm Alita? She doesn't have the nickname "Battle Angel" for no reason. I'm fairly certain she could disable (non-fatally if she wanted to, even, so issues of being held back from not wanting to hurt all those people) an entire country on her own.

If you're the 42nd Supreme Being, how much do extra Custom NPCs cost beyond the first?

Since you're a Player automatically you get the Player discount, so 200 per.

What sort of shard tinker tech has galaxy busting things?

>Cardcaptor Sakura was out to murder him and could
Does this look like the face of mercy?

I assume mental strength?

Yes?

I assume they're referencing Sting which, by the very nature of its operation, is expending more energy than is contained in the observable universe every time it is used. Even if it doesn't appear that way.

That is a face of a cold blooded murderer.

+0 CP "drawbacks" aren't drawbacks, they're toggle options. They're generally are used for things like "you're going to be in an alternate continuity," "you're taking a main character's place," or "some random meme about the setting is now true for that setting." I think it got started with Wild Wasteland in Fallout.

Like I'm not trying to argue, just educate.

I'll be perfectly honest, you're right. Even stuck in a human body, Alita should be able to hold off entire small armies of Knights. I had initially planned for her to be merely on the run from the Church for the self-defense and then subsequent pummeling of a few dozen Paladins.

But then I rolled the dice and she got an 11/1000. So I'm guessing someone got lucky with a sword pommel to the back of her head. I was forced to rework a lot of my plan because of that, but it ended up better in the end.

canonically, yes lots of mercy for everyone.

Heroes never die.

But people die when they are killed

So how hard would it actually be to survive Powerless + Rival Guild with a fairly min-maxed build.

>Cardcaptor Sakura was out to murder him

I remember that. It was funny.

There really should be.

I didn't say 'shard tinker tech'. I was referring to the Endbringers being galaxies of mass and Scion killing them. He might of also just bypassed their durability so whatever. Maybe not galaxy destroying attacks (although given the other feats of the entities it would be surprising if they couldn't). The sheer scale and complexity of Wormtech is far greater than anything ever displayed by Sentients, was my point. I'd understand not making it available for purchase, but not letting us even figure it out on our own is just weird.

Did you take that mass import companion option with all of them at lvl 100? Then survivable, as long as you're very careful.

If you're solo? Prepare your anus. You'll be facing long odds in the extreme no matter what your build, and if you need to sleep or rest *at all* you're basically dead. Basically you're going to be spending 10 years on the run and you need to be ready to bolt at the slightest provocation. And they *will* be pulling Scry and Die on you unless you take some sort of measure to prevent it.

How many people at once can the dress affect?

How powerful antimagic or anti reality warping a power or object has to be to deny or weaken the world item power?

>So how hard would it actually be to survive Powerless + Rival Guild with a fairly min-maxed build.
It's not worth the extra 200CP.

but it's totally chainbreaking tho

Wouldn't I be able to slaughter them pretty easily with Level 100 + Heteromorphic Race (any) + Realm of Heroes + World Class Item (any)? Momonga's nothing special among Level 100s, especially once you can null death, and he's their strongest character.

>Scry and Die
Anti-scrying perks really are goat.

To be fair, Overlord lets you be as strong as Ainz for 600 cp. With Lost Property, you're explicitly weaker than canon characters for no real reason than because they're too strong in relation to... something.

What you get in the Drop-In capstones is the most you're going to get. I've already explained that I'm not letting anyone get the full scope of Sentient shenanigans. At all. I've already explained the adaptation stuff (one user pointed out a good comparison, the 80%-90% damage reduction was off, it's actually more), how they can mindrape anyone who touches/see through a piece of Sentient bone regardless of distance, the works.

Simply put, there would be literally no point to offering anything else if I put it on full offer. None. We're talking the machine race that looked at a Clarketech godlike civilization and pretty much had a giggle. Why the hell would anyone go for anything else when Sentient stuff could give everything and better? So no. I'm putting my foot down on this one. No. The hardcap is not getting removed.

>b-but endbringers
And now you're arguing inter-jump stuff when the issue has been intra-jump concerns. No.

How? In what way?

There is another much stronger character in Nazarik that the enemy guild would have their own equivalent of.

Soul Eater, obsession (boobs) would you essentially be like Spirit?

Well clearly you'd take the one that makes Momo come after you instead of the one that sends some unknown after you.

Boobs are justice.
They are not madness.

If you take the one that has Nazarik after you they would still eventually send Albedo's sister after you, who is also an unknown.

Alright cool, you're not going off of inter-jump balance. But are you even reading my arguments? I'm not asking for it to be offered. It's fine if the version we can buy is gimped if it's so much better than the rest of the jump (intrajump and all that). I just don't see why we can't replicate it no matter how many super-science perks we have. What's the actual rational of banning it?

Wait wasn't Spirit all about the ass, or am I thinking about a different pervy anime character?

>inb4 Albedo's sister is a yandere too.

souleater.wikia.com/wiki/Madness_of_Boobs

>This madness type influences an individual into having a much larger preference of female breasts and makes those under its influence fascinated with it enough to have the urge to repeatedly fondle, grab, or think of them often.

>Albedo's sister
wot

Think spirit was all about having women around, period. He often goes to the hostess bar where he has all the young women drinking with him.

>>That picture.
I knew I liked you for a reason Manyfist.

The guild war drawback seems incredibly cruel to the locals.
>Two groups of incredibly powerful monsters are going to go to war in your general area, they both have neigh impregnable fortresses and resurrection capabilities so this is unlikely to end anytime soon.

One of her two sisters is supposedly the most powerful being in the setting, far outstripping momonga.

Because if I let people just simply study and replicate the full thing, what's the fucking point of anything else in the first place? It's basically putting up a sign that says "no tresspassing" then giving you a key to the front door. There might as well not even be a cap if someone can just walk up and snap their fingers to get the full package without paying a single point.

On top of that, your arguments have been "Endbringers and Worm setting is more OP so this should be allowed", which is honestly skeevy.

Just a reminder to introduce the Endbringers to a GBE, because haha fuck them.

>Yoro likes tits
Huh. I always figured with your bunny fixation you'd gravitate more toward petite builds.

>pic is not petite

Chill out. I haven't made any jumps, so I wasn't aware that it was standard for really powerful shit in setting to be banned even if it's not broken in the context of the chain. Generally if people argue for a thing in setting to be actually fiat banned, instead of not being offered, it's because it's actually chainbreaking instead of 'just' being really powerful.

Updated Build, and I am so god damn happy.

Overlord(Anime)-
0/1600
The Great Tomb of Nazarick
Rolled for 25
Player
Free Angel
Warrior
Free Tolerance of Evil-God fucking damn it
Free Personal Inventory
Free Themed Asthetics
Free Shared Language
The 42nd Supreme Being
Free Level 100
The Realm of Heros
Free Damage Focused
Discount World Champion
Free Golden Coins
Free Summoned Mount
Free Hall of the Champion
Free Medium Tier Equipment
Discount The Bracelet of Arnessa- Sure, I don't have Divine Tier Equipment, but Incredibly buffed Defense, I'm Twice as Strong when I'm already Stronk as Fuck, and the protection from mind-altering effects and instant death? Yes please.
Free Ring of Ainz Ooal Gown
Free Homunculus Maid
Free Custom NPC
----------
Here we go, my Custom Floorboss tier character. Who is basically replacing Cocytus
Name:Dis
Alignment: Great~Extreme good, Sense of Justice:450
Free Warrior
Free Themed Asthetics
Free Inventory
Free Legendary Equipment
Free Level 100
Free Realm of Heros
Free Dragonoid
Free Magic Warrior
Discount Tireless
Arcane Caster
Specific Specialization-Evoker

The idea is that she becomes a co-floor boss with Cocytus, with the 4th Floor remaining an Ice-themed floor. The trick? She's a Fire-themed boss.
----------

Foreigner+100
Embroiled in Politics+200
Rival Player+300

>inb4 the cult of the booty

One at a time, there is a cool down effect.

World Items are canonically the condensed power of an entire World. So, basically, can you muster an effect equivalent to the power of an entire world? If the answer is no, then you have your answer.

No. You think they're going to line up one by one? They want you dead. They're going to go in loaded for beat and with way more fighters and disposable troops than you have any hope of countering solo.

Not quite. The magic caster perks are based off of him. He's got the equivalent of lvl 100, Necromancy, Dark Wisdom, and Abyss of Magic. And a full set of divine tier gear. And Skeleton.

Forget her. They're not going to come at you piece meal. Ainz is not Rita Repulsa or Lord Zed, he's one of the best PK's from the Yggdrasil game and he's going to bury you under high level disposable monsters. And he, personally, isn't going to be anywhere near you. He fought Shalltear solo because he didn't want the other NPC's, whom he thinks of as practically the children of his friends, killing each other.

Albedo's *sisters*. One of them enables high-tier Scry-and-die tactics and the other is apparently the equivalent of a mini-raid boss or something.

Just buy it as your tech in that space brain jump.

>Cult of booty
>Not cult of thighs
Try again mate.

My heart bedroom has more than enough room for females of all builds. From flat to handfuls to massive mountainous ranges, all can and will be included!

I'm actually more of a leg and booty fan, but I still have a healthy appreciation for busts.

But hardcapping things in a setting to jumpers with reverse engineering perks, just so the things available for purchase are more valuable relatively speaking, isn't in the spirit of jumpchain.

That's like heading to Worm and literally everything not on purchase in the setting itself being totally of limits to the jumper.

These inane debates forget that amazing breasts, butts, and thighs are not mutually exclusive.

Wait what? I thought in jump and setting Ainz was an 'average' level 100? It even references it in the jump.

>Not adding Legs to that equation
I will fight you mate.

Try might not have been a very good show, but at least it carried on in the first season's tradition of having excellent waifu bait.

Explain further?

Booty!

>That's like heading to Worm and literally everything not on purchase in the setting itself being totally of limits to the jumper.
It totally should be, because everything there is totally chainbreaking, it also make actually buying things in the jump totally pointless.

No. He's average for a high-tier player. Actually average people are pretty substantially below him.

His actual build, if you wanted to replicate it, would be magic caster origin, skeleton, lvl 100, arcane caster class skill, necromancy, dark wisdom, abyss of magic, and divine tier equipment.

Not including all the support from Nazarick, obviously. He doesn't have spell-overcharging from Abyss of Magic though, but he does have the other bits.

Wow I sure am glad we can get timelord tech in doctor who.

He's noted to be "weak" for a High Tier Player, because he wanted to play to a Theme rather than power-game.
The reason he's still a High Tier Player, is because he is good at strategy, and playing on the enemy's weakness, and because he spent more than a small amount of Money on Gatcha items, which got him some insanely powerful items.

Fucking Plebeians.
Thighs are what matter!

Well, though I may specialize where you dabble I can at least appreciate your appetite. You're alright, Yoro; we can hang.

World Class Item means they can't scry and die me, so they fight on my terms, not the other way around. Which means they'll never bring anything to me that I can't deal with, otherwise I won't be there.

More please?

I thought the drawbacks in question meant that they wouldn't actually be specifically going out of their way to hunt you down? Why are you phrasing it like they're all actively hunting for you?

Sometimes you need a bit of both.

>Arguing for Boobs
>Arguing for Butt
>Arguing for Thighs
>Arguing for Legs
>Someone will likely argue for Belly, or Arms, or any number of other things
>People don't realize that Everything is great.

Way to reference the jump that people either barely talk about or express dislike with when they do.

Man, is this the next level of shitposting? People are legitimately trying to start and have real, relevant discussion, and then these fags have to spam images and talk about the same thing as they do every thread and drowning out any attempt to actually talk about things.

Justice what is life if we can't argue about things.