>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread
Season of War is over, what is next?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Age_of_Sigmar/Tactics/Edition_1.1/Khorne_Bloodbound
youtube.com/watch?v=RKM1AAzeRCg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

again for steamhead duardin rumors. jetpack and zeppelin dwarves incoming, slated for september, after beastclaw ogors of course

Roughly when is beastclaw happening?
An army of mammoths and wooly rhinos sounds pretty sweet

Post rare Mikes

Well this is next week's hints from this coming Sat's WD, so up for preorder on the 30th seems a fairly safe guess.

Chaos took control of my store today, maybe there is still hope for Order losing

Picked up three boxes.

Anyone tested them yet?

All three options seemed really good, i cant decide.

My lists are usually full of treemen and Alarielle so I thinking maybe bows?

HELP

Anyone thinking they won't really be steampunk, but more of a high fantasy magi-tech look? I mean, all the high tech stuff for the storm casts, like the prosecutor wings and all the bolter- eh, crossbows, along with all the mechanisms you see in sigmaron, were all designed by Grungi. It makes sense he'd keep the best toys for himself and his children, so theres no reason anything should look cog-fop

also, any chance we'll get a new ogre faction in the same light of the ironjawz? i want some AoS unique ogres, though beast claw fit right into the new setting aesthetic

Fuck off Orderfag.

This is a non-Order thread.

And yet, here we are....

You want at least one unit of Scythes. The want to stand right at the front of your army to channel the Ancient's Command. The Scythes' 2" range also helps with the thicket-ability.

One unit should get bows, those guys are basically war machines that can fight back. Also keep the bow-guys in terrain, like always. Their bows are 30" range and they're damn tall, so you should have no trouble keeping them in cover and still being able to shoot whatever. They're brutal, but comparatively slow, so if possible set them up in a Wyldwood close to the opponent.

The last one... See which performs better, Scythes or Bows, and then make the third unit into that.

You might hold the cities, but you're not holding this thread.

Head canon incoming, don't take this for official fluff

I like to think Arkhan the Black would definitely like to ally with Sigmar (at least for the time being), however he is so loyal to Nagash that he doesn't want to say anything and has to agree with him, even though he is clearly a raving lunatic who can't let things go

Don't know what to say, you guys.
Took another look at the Generals Handbook at my local GW today.
Warplightningcannon 140 points.
Don't know which version is right or wrong, but at least I know that I do can read.

Suck on that random internet asshat.

eat shit chaos fag.

Also rate my list

Free Guilds 2000/2000

General on Griffin: 300
Battle Mage: 100
General with flag and horse:100
Gryph hound: 40

4 X 5 empire Knights: 560
Knightly Brotherhood: 80

2 X 10 swordsmen: 160
1 X 20 handgunners: 200

2 X 10 greatswords: 320

5 pistoleers: 140

Destruction, actually. It's not even a good fight, it's too one sided, but we fight anyway.

Order still a shit.

So, I think I've talked a buddy of mine into buying a Bloodbound army. What should he buy? And what about paints? I was thinking around 4 colors, if only for ease of painting:
Khorne Red
LeadBelcher
Bugman's glow
Retributor Armor

As for his army, he's thinking Blood Warriors and Reavers. I have no idea how they work as a faction, nor how they play. Would any one care to fill me in?

Well, I'm playing dark elves currently. Technically I'm Order, but arguably I maybe shouldn't be...

On that note, thinking of adding a big hero-on-monster and heavy cavalry to this force, and I've always loved the models for dragon princes and preferred the helf dragon model to the delf one. Problem is, the helf dragon probably has stronger rules. Do you think people might bitch that I'm just taking the more powerful option?

Right, now that i am no longer tied to work (finished today) i can finally take part in the campaign... if i can't make the boyz in green win overall then ill crush opposition in store.

Now i have a 4 tier list ready for my ironjawz;

1 megaboos
1 Warchanter
1 Weirdnob
2x 10 brutes
1x10 ard boyz
ironfist formation

add a wyvern

Change wyvern to gordrakk
5 more brutes
10 more ard boyz

3 more megabosses
mega fist formation (got 80p spare which i can say is the cost for the formation)

Now this is to crush people in lotsa attacks, but also because i love the idea of 5 megabosses dogpilling into enemy lines (and im more about fun that winning to be honest :D not to say i won't try my best to win my store for the boyz)

Your thoughts?

>Painting my Hunters and Treelord
>Get super paranoid that i'm fucking up very pretty models
Won't post since they're still in pieces and i've only got an iPhone

I wish i had a better camera - oh well here are my Dryads

>Zeppelin

In the wrong game, Dangit.

Screw your sigmar dwarfs, squats a best.

woops, its 2x5 brutes!

woops

really like the white on the face.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Age_of_Sigmar/Tactics/Edition_1.1/Khorne_Bloodbound
Good start with the colors. Tell him to add some Agrax Earthshade. Paint it all, shade it all. Looks better than just basecoat.

Thanks user, i'm also glad i went for that, gives them a little oompf

You know, I've been happy to shit on the AoS models but the Sylvaneth are the first faction I could happily collect. I don't think they've got a model I dislike.

Bows are undeniably the best as its the only real way to get a proper range game and theyre badically living artillery, id say two units of bows and a unit of scythes, scythes because its one of the few ways sylvaneth can get rend

I felt the same about Stormcast until I tried a test paint scheme on one and fell in love with it. Now have a whole army with about half painted so far.

Dark copper with green weathering and glowing orange cloth, runes and eyes. Looks snazzy

Post pics.

Do you think there change the Knight Azyros' ability to include other deep-strike abilities other then the lighting strike ability?

where is the lightning strike ability from?

As it should be. Chaos will be broken, Destruction will be tamed and Death shall be brought into line.

Order shall not be denied.

>Only has an iPhone

Good light and a white backdrop can go a long way you know. Make sure you take photos during daytime as well.

only the thunerstrike brotherhood and the 20+ plus liberator warscroll formations.

It's undoubtedly going to get FAQ'd

Luckily the deep strike equivalents that aren't named Lightning Strike don't really need an Azyros to function, usually

You say that, but I'm sure chaos is creeping up. I haven't been taking screencaps of the pie charts so can't check, but they're softly softly catchy monkey making a move.

Too little too late.

Thanks, that should help a lot. There's also a girl in my Area who's interested in Dark Elves, specifically the Corsair faction. She has more than enough to buy a box of the Corsairs, a Fleet master and maybe something else. But Im not gonna push her into it. Aside from that, im looking foward to heading to my not so local, but very friendly game store soon to participate in the season of war. I'll post my list in just a bit.

Order has more than 50% in the Living City now

Americans wtf are you doing?

>week 1

Winning

Then I might as well wait to build one and for now just get the rest of the knights especially the Venator which is one of my fav stormcast models

Chaos might as well just swing back to even worse than week one. It will be the begining of the dynasty of Chaos becoming the loser underdog.

Maybe way later down the line for the next edition of stormcast books or something, but probably not in the forseeable future.
That said, maybe one of the allegiance boni will be Lightning Strike? It is *the* most mentioned ability of the stormhosts, after all.

I'm almost done with my first batch of Orruks, 1 shammy and a box of Brutes to kick things of.

Would another box of brutes and a Megaboss together with the Ironjawz army book be a good second purchase? I have seen the new upcoming starter box and noticed that it lacks the models I'm currently craving, and thus would make for a great 3 expansion later on, when the core of my army is finished.

lookin dank mate, love the base especially

what did you use for the armor?

What's a good anti-shine matte varnish to use for my stormcasts?

youtube.com/watch?v=RKM1AAzeRCg

Thanks man!
The plastic that came in the box of course...
On a more serious note though, I drybrushed from black base with black-metal, followed by a light drybrush of gun-metal, and an even lighter dry of silver (almost only some selected edges). Then wash with Agrax, followed by a modest edge of gun, followed by edge silver on selected areas. Hope this helps.

the army-painter has a descent one if you don't use an airbrush yourself.
But take care of using anti-shine on metal models as it easily can make them loose the shine of metal and make them look dull.

The dark elves are practical enough to desire not death, destruction or chaos

Here's my list that I plan to use at my FLGS, and help secure the area for the forces of death:

Mounted Wight King/w Blade
30 Skeletons/w Spears
20 Skeletons/w Spears
15 Grave Guard/w Great Weapon
10 Black Knights/w Spears

Add Necromancer
Add Flying Vampire Lord
Add 10 man unit of Skeletons/w Swords
Add 5 Hex Wraiths

Bump up 20 skeleton unit to 30
Add another Necromancer
Add Tomb King
Add Vampire
Add 10 Zombies

Im actually considering picking up the Start Collecting! Flesh Eaters Court as as a way to beef up ny army. What do you all think?

Oh, and I used rust weathering powder on random rivets and armor-parts as a weathering effect. Just blend with water and dot on, then use your finger to wipe of excess.

Venator is always fun, he's an annoying little shit that will snipe support stuff from 30" away. His big arrow can score some crazy damage with some good luck but putting down 6 decent shots (buffable by the lord celestant on foots command bubble too) will earn his points back usually.

Eh? Footlestant only buffs hit rolls in the combat phase.

So does Sigmar have a Heimdall to his Odin?

I plan on running a couple prosecutors and the two flying knights as a type of vanguard before I deep-strike the foot sloggers. He should do enough damage if I keep him close to the Azyros.

I was worried that they would look to shiny using the Hammers of Sigmar paint scheme. I'll wait to I finish a unit and decide if they could be dulled down a bit

Oh you're totally right

Gaaaay

>greatswords and free guild guard just get a free D6 inches of movement towards an enemy within 12" in the enemies turn.

WIP globadiers, waitin for my backpacks to arrive.

Sounds good. You could actually run two battalions there, a Hammerstrike force to deep strike with the prosecutors and something to deep strike with the Azyros. It would be very fluffy

I planning on running the host azryic formation, I don't think the Azyros will help that much unless it get's FAQ'ed but I'm open to other formations

Like a most trusted subordinate/champion? Celestant Prime

>You want honourable battle man-thing?
>TOO BAD, HERE POISON WIND, FUCK YOU

I was actually describing Sigmar to someone who never played a wargame and I described him as a mix between Odin and Zues

Who's a retired thor

Honestly if someone didn't let you use the Azyros ability with the god damn Host Azyric, they're a giant asshole.

That being said you have plenty of movement options available with the Vexillor and the actual bonus for the Formation makes it so you'll probably get your alpha strike anyway

Don't forge that his origin story is that he was Charlemange Conan.

What are good battleline for a tzeentchy force? Are Warriors any good? I have 20 horrors already but feel like im lacking a bit of chaff. Sadly warhounds arent battleline otherwise they would be choice numero uno.

sigmar is much better
he's a mortal who achieved godhood

Warriors are always a decent choice. Buff oportunities for tzeenchian warriors are fairly limited, but they are generally reliable and tough.

what are Teclis and Tyrion the gods of again?

I haven't had the opportunity to look at the contents of the starter kit stormcast in person, how hard are they to headswap?

currently looking at doing a spartan-theme (the greek kind) swapping the heads and shields if possible, and the starter box has mostly what I want to get off the ground.

i am going to build an oruk's army. Huge and powerful. Do you think new ironjaws star collecting is good as a starter?

Light, I think.

Are Daemons an ok army to run by themselves or should they be supported with other GA:Chaos dudes?

both of them?

Do you believe legacy armies will become progressively obsolete as new models are released?

>dude watch where you point that thing
>sry

Can't go wrong with 'ardboys, and the warchanter is pretty neat. Personally I don't think very highly of the Gore-gruntas, but others swear by them, so make of that what you will.
Basically, if you buy a box of the pig-riders you may as well get the Start Collecting, which gets you ten 'ardboys and a warchanter 2 quid, so it's a solid deal.

>free warchanter
>10 free 'ardboyz

buy two

Is it worth taking 10 or 20? I feel like the bonus for 20+ isn't really worth it.

I have no idea how they work.

I don't think they'll phase out the rules but they'll probably put them out of production.

That being said most legacy models still have the keyword for their respective faction, you can still make a pure free guild army using all empire Knights, handgunners and empire cannons.

I think GW is aware that there is an oldfag crowd that like the legacy stuff better.

But newer units will result in more consistent overall wins over old units, amirite?

All the legacy armies are fixtures of the new setting, so they won't be going away probably ever.
The real question is, will GW eventually update models from legacy armies such as spearelves and warriors of chaos with new kits to have more dynamic poses to take advantage of the fact that they don't have to be packed into tight ranks and files? I hope so

So I've had a few games with Ironjawz at 1k and 2k points using the leakbro point values. I think this is a superb SC! bundle.

>Warchanter
Solid, you usually want at least 1 in your lists. Cheap to boot.

>'Ardboys
These guys over perform on the table. 180 points for 10 is a fucking steal. They can do some damage and can be a real pain in the ass to remove. Put them in the way of an enemy unit and liberally apply the propa boyz.

>Gore-gruntas
They're expensive but if they hit something intact it's fucking dead. I like having at least one unit.

You can take this, add a Mega Boss and a unit of Brutes and have a pretty good 1k point list, running the units in an Ironfist battalion to get the sweet bonuses.

Depends on who you play against. I just play to have fun and because I like a theme. So I don't put a whole lot of thought into having an efficent army in general.

That fucking picture makes me giggle every time.

>the return of non pajama wearing state regiments
>knightly orders get an update after 20 years

Is the 'ardfist worth it? it does cover your warchanteer and ardboy needs

I want to run a Skarbrand list. What are some good support units for him besides cheesing it up with Sayl the Faithless?

Wrath of Khorne BT

That's the one that sets up destroyed 'Ardboys on the nearest table edge? Depending on the new Set Up rules, it could very well be worth it. Giving recursion to this massive blob of units is pretty spicy.