Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Your Primarch Is Huge! That Means He Has Huge Guts! Edition
Your Dudes Wednesday Sub-Edition
In the previous bread we marked off what the Custodes will be getting, the Iron Circle got an upgrade, one user asked to be convinced to buy a 30k army and another asked how many BaC boxes are too much, the reason why the Phoenix Guard was revealed, an abomination was posted, Primarch heights were discussed, and I assure you that I have nothing to do with the release of the next 30k plastic box. All of this plus much more in the last thread Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Age of Darkness Army List: mediafire.com/download/f0c2pnieoijyrqk/Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness Army List.pdf
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

mrinitialman.com/OddsEnds/Sizes/sizes.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for the First.

Do it for the Omnissiah

Well people, i need a good reason to keep my IW loyal from a background perspective, having them assigned on a shit mission on the other end of hte galaxy isn't exactly original

Thinking about running an Imperial Fist/Blood Angels Siege of Terra themed list, but I don't have much experience with 30k. Should I run it using shattered legions or simply a BA allied detachment.

The reason my Warsmith stayed loyal is because he really wanted to have a chance to unleash a barrage of artillery on his papa, and because the World Eaters thought they would be good practice for Angron try out his daemonic training wheels.

Survivors of the sacrificial force in the Hrud extermination campaign that was ongoing when news of Olympia's rebellions reached Perturabo.

So have use that as an idea. Maybe one of the Traitors shot at your IWs first, maybe your Warsmith got into a fight with a rival and was frowned upon by Perty so he took his company against Pert by trying to get back into the Imperium's good graces.

>Then again, the phrase "Imperial Titans are a city that hates you" is kind of an exaggeration, right?
>mfw
I would feel offended if it was.

mrinitialman.com/OddsEnds/Sizes/sizes.html
'ere you go

>>Evangelion
>Lel
I was thinking more about Pacific Rim height 2bh. Then again, the phrase "Imperial Titans are a city that hates you" is kind of an exaggeration, right?
...right?
I mean, 39m is not the city I was threatened with

Primarchs are 10ft. Magnus is 12ft.
I assume Emps is also 12ft?

>I mean, 39m is not the city I was threatened with
Which city threaten you? Or did you bring it on yourself for interrupting nap time at a Titan daycare?

>having them assigned on a shit mission on the other end of hte galaxy isn't exactly original
iron warriors aren't very original, and the bulk of them were stuck in shit missions on the other end of the galaxy

a nameless garrison sticking to their guns is about as iron warrior as you can get

>Has sacks of water buried inside its face
>Has keratin wires erupting from scalp
>Has a visible epidermis
Holy shit this is disgusting.

>Then again, the phrase "Imperial Titans are a city that hates you" is kind of an exaggeration, right?
The problem is people are judging titan heights off of the miniatures, while forgetting that 40k vehicles and infantry aren't even remotely in the same scale. The old "ten marines in a rhino" problem.

All we really know is that titans are big.

VULKAN

Why not be traitors? Iron Warriors had one of the best reasons to hate the emperor.

>Titan daycare
kek
I was rather thinking a better representation of a Titan wouldn't be a mini, but a you putting on a damned costume and jumping on the table.

At least Momanon will have two Titans.

What are options for HQ that aren't Praetor + command squad deathstar? I thought a Vigilator with a Seeker squad would be cool but he can't be your mandatory HQ. So what are my options then?

I guess it depends what part of the siege you want to emulate.

If you're doing early into the siege maybe a primary detachment of one and an allied of the other to represent that both forces still have defined command structure because the attrition hasn't taken hold yet.

But if you're doing mid to late siege a shattered force might be more thematic to show how the legions probably polymerized to cover each others weaknesses as they took losses. Maybe include some militia too? I'm pretty sure there were some at the siege.

>I assume Emps is also 12ft?

The Emperor is whatever height he wishes to be though in here he seems to be just around Horus' chin/shoulders.

In a recent BL artwork he's roughly the same size of Horus. But I don't want to think about it.

Go for allies, shattered legions require opponents permission to use.

wat

since when

>At least Momanon will have two Titans.
>Can destroy both enemy and friendly models without care, removing them as casualties
>Don't care about nothing
>Can even destroy the terrain itself
Yup. Titanchildren.
Vigilators aren't Support Officers, user. The "attach for Infiltration" gimmick is still on revision, I think? Currently it's a no-no.
I mean, what's his size on his private quartes when alone?
It would depend on the size of his auric furniture...UNLESS that's morphic Ikea too.

it always has. means if you try to pull some really gamey shit people just wont play you

They also had one of the best reasons to hate their progenitor, alongside the World Eaters.

Vigilator can be HQ I think.

Battlescribe says they have the Support Officer rule, unless that's out of date. So it looks like I need to have a Praetor or something to go along with it.

BattleScribe is out of date, new book they don't have the rule.

>I mean, what's his size on his private quartes when alone?
Probably his "normal" size inside his armor, or however tall he is naturally.

Slightly related question that's been bugging me for a while: what did the emperor (or the primarchs for that matter) wear when they weren't in their armor? I mean, they did get out of their power armor from time to time, right?

Since always, go read the rules for shattered legions. You can do some really janky, min-maxy shit with them so they want to make sure people know what they're getting into.

They would also get reasons to hate the Warmaster for giving them shitty jobs by ordering Perturabo around...if he had been Warmaster for more than 6 years, that is.
Are you sure you're not mistaking Vigilators for Saboteurs or something?

you need somebody with master of the legion anyway. so ether a praetor, delegatus, or a primarch + HQ

Have you read the new Beast book user?

Shoot man, I feel as if IW would be the most likely to remain loyal. None of the other traitor legions had to swear loyalty to Horus, and with what happened with the EC in the Eye of Terror I wouldn't be surprised if they went back to being loyalists.

>command squad
>deathstar

If you want a chepa-ish deathstar then give your praetor a jump pack+paragon blade and give 21 more wounds with a max Assault Squad+Apothecary.

Togas, or silk loincloths or whatever those things are called.
But Ferrus would go all "Clothes? Space marines weren't made for that!"
Corax would be wearing only his skins. His human skins.

>you need somebody with master of the legion anyway
Only if you want a RoW, it would be silly not to play one however.

Only if you want Rites. HQ without "Support Officer" can be taken in mandatory slot.

You mean Curze right?

Yes. Dammit he infiltrated onto my post.
I'm at a loss about what he would wear.
Infiltrating...togas? His ragged prisoner jumper? Dunno

My Corpsegrinders are original gangsters, Terran born and bred. During the early onset of the crusade our forces where given domain over a death world of lightning wracked sky's and tumultuous molten surfaces. Tasked with constructing bastion keeps across the planets surface, we called upon our close allies from a nearby forge world, offering raw material from the planets surface In exchange for resources with which to aide our efforts.

After completing our fortifications, we began building gene vaults to store as well as gestate our gene seed. Next we began the foundries on the surface and shipyards in orbit.

After years of neglect our claim to this planet was a testament to our determination, to our ability to carve out a fiefdom of our own.

Gg, we sat around and built up our forces. The end.

A cloak made of Raven feathers.

Ah so it was changed, brilliant. I'll need to update Battlescribe.

I'm building a fairly vanilla infantry + dreads Dark Angels legion list. Only heavy hitters I have for it are a modded Stormraven that I can run as a Storm Eagle and soon a Sicaran. The rest I want to keep infantry focused.

There's not really room for a Rite of War here is there?

Blackshields can get Rad Grenades right that means that with Chainaxes Chymeriae could ID muhrens with their basic troops

That's neat

no one has posted a link yet.

If you hate everyone you don't support one of your enemies, you should go full renegade. Ruleswise I would treat it as traitors for access to wargear (willing to use daemons or forbidden technology) and opposed to your opponent's loyalties for the purposes of rules (eg. if you are fighting someone with preferred enemy loyalists or whatever you count as loyalist).

Why would World Eaters hate Angron? The butchers nails were voluntary.

Because even after they took the nails Angron still acted like they were beneath him and treated them with nothing but contempt. Not to mention life with the nails is shitty as fuck.

>papa chan, all we want is to be accepted by you!!
>(kills everyone who enters his room)
>papa chan!!! Love us please!!!!
>Karn walks in, nearly dies, convinces angron it's ok.
>ok. I'll love you, but all of you need nails like me. They will eventually destroy your impulse control, fill you with rage and then kill you.
>anything for you papa chan.
>choice
Kek

The way ADB portrayed was that they wanted Angron's approval but it never came, they mutilated themselves and they were treated with as much contempt as before. Angron was the abusive father that's always disappointed in you even when you emulate him.

Daddy issues basically.

Why are IW Sworn Brothers with WE?

You know what, you're right. It's Angron the one who doesn't care about his children, but most of them were happy with chopping stuff by his side, so it didn't matter much.
The ones angry with him would be because he betrayed them on Istvaan III, like Shabran Darr.
Inb4 people say Endryd Haar. He's not a World Eater but a War Hound.

>Daddy issues basically.
sums up everything that cuck ADB writes... funny how that works.

im sure its just a coincidence.

The D in ADB stands for Daddy-issues

>ADB
>Daddy issues

Stop the presses

Khârn was the only "good one" in Angron's eyes.

One day we'll see someone taking blackshields for something other than +1 S and T. One day.

Wait, there's other options?

>Why are IW Sworn Brothers with WE?
Because they go forward no matter what, and that's what they need of them, instead of those "We need to fortify this position" guys :^)

Or maybe it was because Perty was on a quest to be a worse father than Angron, dunno.

There's the one that let's you take the Nemean Reaver.

This is priceless

So I was told today that according to the new FAQ a centurion in cataphractii armour confers slow and purposeful to heavy support squads. Is this correct? I'm thinking of making a pair of fodder Centurions to act as meatshields and buffs for my support teams.

This is vs 40k WAACfags btw, I'm not fortunate enough to have many/any HH opponents currently.

30k Cataphractii doesn't have the sow and purposeful rule.

He's gotta be normal sized if he's currently pretending to be one of us, right now.

The novels have them out of armor quite frequently, and they just wear robes or whatever else. They don't have black carapaces; in some ways they're more human than the Astartes.

According to LACAL they do, was that changed in the new book? Mine's not here yet.

I don't know but I think Pert is marginally a better father than Angron. Angron's mentally abusive while Pert's just physically abusive. How did Forrix even reach being the 1st Captain anyway?

>They don't have black carapaces; in some ways they're more human than the Astartes.
I think that's the effect of having all those aguments as a natural part of their gene code rather than being bio-borgs through implanted geneseeds.
They're shown to have twin hearts, they surely have some of the other organs. Say, they may lack ossmodulas because they naturally grow like that, but they have the gel substance and all that.
LACAL is outdated

Are medusan immortals and gorgon terminators useful? I read their rules and didn't see anything outstanding.

Since the last FAQ cataphractii in 30k doesnt have S&P, I mean it does the same as the special rule but without the rule itself so its not conferable and it hasnt been conferable for years in 30k. You are like 2 years late to the party.

How do you deal with Knights?

>I don't know but I think Pert is marginally a better father than Angron
Ah, of course. He's as good as a highly intelligent bipolar dad can be. Try to catch his good side and you may learn. Deliver him bad news and you'll be the new dreadnought.
But it'll be your fault for being dumb enough to not send your brother in your stead - see? You learned something.
Not to mention his army boosting rules in the tabletop.
Angron is merely the ever-drunk angry dad or something.

And Curze?

Maybe Curze is the meth dad with dissociative personality disorder, or whatever they call double personality nowadays?

>Ah, of course. He's as good as a highly intelligent bipolar dad can be. Try to catch his good side and you may learn. Deliver him bad news and you'll be the new dreadnought.
>But it'll be your fault for being dumb enough to not send your brother in your stead - see? You learned something.
Why not just write down the bad news on a letter, and deliver it with a 40ft pole? Wait no Pert would just beat you with your end of the pole once he's done reading the bad news.
Curze at first loved his children but then started to hate them.
At this point we're going to summon ADB.

Okay cool. So... do 40k Cataphractii get it then, the knock-offs in Angels of Death?

Maybe I should have picked up that White Dwarf. It's not so important, it doesn't really change my approach much anyway.

>do 40k Cataphractii get

I believe they do.

I think the haka and other Pacific Islander war-dance traditions are really cool. Does /HHG/ think it would it be terribly unfluffy for my Terran BAngels to have a tradition like that in my writefaggotry? I'm curious what ya'll think.

The fluff for my army is that it's a pathfinder expeditionary fleet led by a Terran Praetor. Because a Terran is in command and by the quirk of having a larger than average amount of Terran veterans in the fleet the traditions of old earth still have some strength in the fleet.

Right now there's no real fluff I am aware of concerning where the Blood Angels did their original recruiting and I would imagine Terran culture would a lot more diffused and spread than it is today.

>Pacific Islander
that's the terran raven guard's stick

yes, because GW was too dumb to fix a problem FW addressed years ago.

Why not just pseudo RAVEN Guard predation fleet then. They have furious charge, ravens talons, dark furies for a cc fix, if that's what you what, and they literally have that exact fluff.
Unless you want BA for assault cannon spam/blades of Perdition or something.... because they aren't getting rules or characters for a LONG time. And RG are already done.

Assuming you run only tanks, which legion has the best rules to support the Armoured Breakthrough RoW? Does it even matter, since tanks dont have the Legiones Astartes rule?

I already own BAngels. I've been playing them since I got into 40k way back when and have been my only army.

The reason I ask is because there's no real details on the Terran culture of the people who the BAngels were drawn from.

>LACAL is outdated
What's the new one called?

Sicaran Venator is the super-heavy antidote of choice, but there are other ways. Flank the knight with jetbikes or land speeders. Bring large heavy support squads. Deepstrike onto them.

Yeah, so my book being out of date, Angels of Death being WRONG and me being retarded and oblivious to FAQ changes led to this. Sorry, my bad. As mentioned I don't get to play all that much. I wanted to just have 20 HS dudes with autocannons marching forth and blatting things, but I guess they're staying put for now. Maybe an Aegis Defence Line would be a better investment.

I need 5 more heavy support fuckers. I'm on the fence between vanilla MKII or MKIII with torso and head swaps for non-standard MKV.

>I already own 40k BAngel models

Blood Angels, for massed assault cannons (though I think they might be overrated). You have to have more infantry units than tanks, but dedicated transports (required by Armored Assault) don't count due to the LA(BA) rule. Bikes can be a good way to run more infantry units too.

Wait please everyone stay your hands, I have a 40k AND 30k army.

Against small-arms fire, Gorgons are invincible. Immortals are one-upped breachers, but they need the Bitter Iron Rite to be truly effective.

None really, but Iron Hands with Castrmen Orth make the list a lot better than any other legion can.

Not armoured assault, armoured breakthrough. The predators as troops one.

Let's get this over with. Ferrus is the dad that does love you, but he's too cold to show it outwardly. Unless your Autek but the feeling's mutual. Who knows why he's that, maybe he just likes being that way, or the real reason is mysterious as the dark side of the moon.

I have no clue on Alpharius and Omegon as their children are Alpharius and vice versa.

Lorgar loves his boys and regretted sending the ones who cared more about revenge than worshiping Chaos.

Horus was Super Dad but that was degraded over time.

Corvus felt that his Terran children were too edgy.

The Lion didn't trust his Terran boys(probably because they didn't wage war on nature).

Leman well was Leman and did Leman things.

Magnus loved his children, but got them hooked on wizardry.

Papa Sang we all know about the weeping so do I need to say more?

Dorn's also like Frank but maybe not as cold.

I haven't read much in the BL books to know how the Khan feels about his boys, but they're the only source of info we have until we get FW's full WS fluff.

Rowboat is a pretty good dad.

Vulkan loves his boys, but wants them to be self reliant.

Mortarion? See Frank and Dorn.

>Lorgar loves his boys and regretted sending the ones who cared more about revenge than worshiping Chaos.
>to die on Calth
Fixed.

Angels of Death isn't really "wrong" since it's the only rule for Cataphractii in 40k. It's just... really stupid.

>Let's get this over with. Ferrus is the dad that does love you, but he's too cold to show it outwardly. Unless your Autek but the feeling's mutual. Who knows why he's that, maybe he just likes being that way, or the real reason is mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
He's the dad that's too busy working on shit in the garage to do any real parenting, except for the moments the kids make something really cool themselves and he gives the fleeting hint of a smile and a nod (at best).

>Why not just write down the bad news on a letter, and deliver it with a 40ft pole? Wait no Pert would just beat you with your end of the pole once he's done reading the bad news.
"You tried to denounce me to the Social Services?! Yet I managed to find out you little sneaky shit. YOU'RE NOT THE BEST YOU COULD BE!!"
*Decimation*

>Curze at first loved his children but then started to hate them.
Curze wasn't the problem. Night Haunter was.

>At this point we're going to summon ADB.
Keks

>Sicaran Venator is the super-heavy antidote of choice, but there are other ways. Flank the knight with jetbikes or land speeders. Bring large heavy support squads. Deepstrike onto them.
And what if you are dealing with three? The issue isn't knights, it is when your opponent spams them especially at low point levels.

Grav rapiers and Grav speeders.

Perturabo's the dad who has emotional problems. Some days he's the nicest guy around who'll play 30k with you and school you just to show why he's the best player around. Some days if you so much tell him that you messed something up even slightly he'll beat the crap out of you. Outwardly he's a pretty cold guy when his sons are around, but when they're not around he's fiercely protective of them.