Dragonball Quest #57

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a sixteen year old boy named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

22nd World Martial Arts Tournament

>>youtube.com/watch?v=K8JwUGR9Sok

Let's fuck, mother rockers!

You and Krillin spend a short time talking with one another before deciding to get a good night's rest. He and Goku both have matches tomorrow, and they want to be at their best for them.

It has been a long day, and you are pretty tired, so you fall asleep rather quickly. Also, sleeping in a bed again after three years of mostly sleeping on the ground is a pretty fantastic feeling.

Unfortunately, while falling asleep is easy, staying asleep proves rather difficult. Before too much time passes, your eyes snap open, and you glance around in the darkness, swearing you heard something.

Then, your eyes are able to just barely make out a figure standing beside your bed.

>A. Ask who he is

>B. Go back to sleep

>C. Shout to wake everyone up

>D. Something else

>A. Ask who he is

>A. Ask who he is

Get ready to dodge

Bear Shout to wake everyone up

>>A. Ask who he is

>>D. Something else
Jump him. Ask questions once he's pinned to the ground

"Who are you?" you ask the figure.

In answer, he takes a fighting stance, throwing a palm-strike aimed at your heart. You bring your arm up, blocking it, but he seizes your wrist and pulls you close, giving a solid kick to the jaw that sends you up into the ceiling.

The sound of you crashing against the ceiling, and the grunt you make as you fall back into your bed wakes the others.

"Who's that?" Krillin asks.

The figure turns and flees.

"Wait, you're-" Roshi begins before the attacker crashes through the sliding door and leaps down from the balcony.

Goku immediately gives chase, and Krillin isn't far behind.

>A. Chase the man

>B. Let Goku and Krillin handle this

>C. Something else

>A. Chase the man

>A. Chase the man

>>A. Chase the man

>A. Chase the man
I swear Som. You better not have him mysteriously get away. I want to get at least 1 solid hit in.

Following Goku and Krillin, you race through the remains of the door and leap from the balcony, hearing Master Roshi shout behind you.

"Doesn't anybody remember how to use the stairs?"

As you and your friends descend from the balcony, you watch the retreating figure reach the ground, but by the time the three of you land, he seems to have vanished altogether.

"Where'd he go?" Goku asks.

As if on cue, the attacker leaps from the trees, landing in front of Krillin and giving him a solid kick to the face. Krillin is thrown into the air, but backflips and lands in a fighting stance.

Goku attacks with a flying kick, but the attacker ducks under it, turning and throwing a punch as Goku lands. Goku ducks under it, grabbing the man's wrist and throwing him forward over his shoulder.

The attacker recovers quickly, righting himself and landing in a crouch. You take the chance to rush him, driving him back with a series of punches, then forcing him back into the air with another kick.

He seems to vanish altogether, but a warning from Krillin causes you to duck beneath a kick aimed at your head, allowing you to drop to the ground and kick back, knocking the attacker's legs out from under him.

He does several backflips to gain distance, but Krillin jumps onto his back. Krillin is quickly thrown off, but manages to remove the cloth covering the man's face.

"Wait, aren't you the Crane Hermit?" Goku asks.

>A. Ask why he attacked

>B. Apologize for what happened to Tao

>C. Explain that you killed Tao in self-defense

>D. Get ready to fight with Goku and Krillin

>E. Something else

>>C. Explain that you killed Tao in self-defense

>D. Get ready to fight with Goku and Krillin

explaining won't do anything.

>>D. Get ready to fight with Goku and Krillin

Well well well. Look who is at SDCC

Oh God

This is what happens when nobody blocks the rock

It's cause they're making a Legends of the Hidden Temple TV Movie

why

I went there because you fuckers kept blocking me

>>C. Explain that you killed Tao in self-defense

"If this is about Tao, I was just defending myself," you insist.

"My brother is dead," Shen replies. "I don't care why. You shed Tao's blood, and now you will pay for it with your own."

You look to Goku and Krillin, and the three of you spread out just a bit, moving to surround Shen.

Now the one under attack, Shen readies himself for a defense.

The three of you charge, Goku attacking from the front, and you going to attack from behind alongside Krillin.

Shen leaps at Goku, and the three of you leap to engage him, only to find your attacks blocked by two new arrivals.

Tenshinhan gets between Goku and Shen, stopping their attacks, and Yamcha blocks you and Krillin from striking his master.

The two Crane Students drop to the ground as the rest of you move back, readying yourselves to face three foes.

"Tenshinhan, Yamcha, I don't recall inviting you," Shen scolds.

"Forgive us, master," Tenshinhan pleads. "But we did not want you to kill Tofoo."

Crane Hermit gives him a hard look. "Explain."

"Tofoo took Tao's life, and for that he deserves to die," Tenshinhan tells Shen. "But he did not act alone. Goku was involved, which makes him, as well as the Turtle School guilty."

"Your point?" Shen asks.

"A swift death is too good for them," Tenshinhan explains. "Yamcha had the right idea. They should die in the ring, broken and humiliated in front of everyone. Master Roshi, and all of their friends can feel the shame of watching them die, and the whole world will see their weakness."

"Your heart is cruel and vengeful," Shen comments. "It warms my own. You may proceed."

Tenshinhan bows. "Thank you, master."

Yamcha walks over to rejoin his master and fellow student without a word to you. Tenshinhan, on the other hand, comes to address you.

"You've made it through the first round," he says. "But next you will face Chaozu. And, even if you somehow defeat him, you will face me. When next we meet, we will fight for Tao's honor."

>Continued

The three Cranes depart, turning their backs on you and your friends and heading back toward their own hotel.

"I don't have a good feeling about this," Krillin admits.

"Me either," Goku agrees. "I get the feeling they're going to fight dirty. We need to be careful."

>A. Apologize for getting Krillin involved in this

>B. Tell them it won't matter, you beat Yamcha, and you know they can beat Tenshinhan and Chaozu

>C. This tournament's a lot more serious than you remember

>D. Head back to the hotel

>E. Something else

>D. Head back to the hotel

>>A. Apologize for getting Krillin involved in this

Also what happened to getting the sword and returning it to Yamcha?

Lapis and Lazuli are bringing it in the morning

"Sorry for getting you involved in this," you tell Krillin.

He smirks. "Are you kidding? What are friends for? Even if they were just after you or Goku, I'd have your backs. Besides, I think someone needs to teach those jerks a lesson."

"I'm fighting Chaozu tomorrow," Goku recalls. "I wonder where he is."

"Who knows?" Krillin asks. "It doesn't really matter, anyway. You can take him no problem."

"I don't know," Goku says. "I have a weird feeling about him. I think he's dangerous."

"You really think so?" Krillin asks. "He didn't seem that impressive to me."

Goku shrugs. "It's just a feeling."

"Well, I still think you'll beat him," Krillin says. "Then I can take care of Tenshinhan, unless Jackie does it first."

>A. What about his match with Pamput?

>B. Jackie should be able to handle Tenshinhan

>C. You think Tenshinhan might be too much for Jackie

>D. Tell Goku you're sure he can handle Chaozu

>E. Something else

Im honestly really curious to see how the Chaozu Goku fight plays out. I mean, it's dumb vs dumber.

"Jackie should be able to handle Tenshinhan," you tell your friends.

"Yeah, Jackie's one of the strongest guys we know," Krillin agrees. "There's no way old triclops can beat him."

Goku smiles. "Do you think you can beat Jackie, Krillin?"

"I don't know," your friend admits. "I think it'll be close."

The three of you return to the hotel, and, after assuring Master Roshi that you're fine, you all go back to sleep.

The next morning, Lapis arrives with Yamcha's sword.

"Lazuli wanted me to tell you your room's a mess," he says as he hands you the sword.

>A. Tell him to tell her that you haven't been in it in three years

>B. Thank him for bringing it

>C. Go find Yamcha

>D. Goku's match is starting soon, head for the tournament grounds

>E. Something else

>A. What about his match with Pamput?

>>B. Thank him for bringing it
>>C. Go find Yamcha

As long as Goku can ask something asinine enough to confuse Kazoo, he can win.

>A, B, D
We can find Yamcha after Goku's match, or at the grounds.

>C. Go find Yamcha

>>A. Tell him to tell her that you haven't been in it in three years

>>C. Go find Yamcha

>A. Tell him to tell her that you haven't been in it in three years
>>B. Thank him for bringing it

>C. Go find Yamcha

>C. Go find Yamcha

"Tell her I haven't been in that room in three years," you tell him.

He shrugs. "Whatever. It's no messier than my room."

"Thanks for bringing this," you say, hooking the sword to your waist.

"Well, it was this or going shopping with my sister, not a tough choice," he says. "See ya."

Once Lapis leaves, you decide to go looking for Yamcha. You start at the hotel, and are told that he left for the tournament not long before. With that knowledge, you head for the tournament grounds and find Yamcha in the contestant area, speaking with Tenshinhan.

The two of them glare in your direction as you arrive, and Tenshinhan heads for the ring as Goku and Chaozu are called out to fight.

Yamcha stays behind, eyes falling on the sword.

"So, you weren't just lying to save your neck," Yamcha observes, sounding surprised.

>A. Hand him the sword

>B. Apologize for stealing it

>C. Go watch the match

>D. Something else

>>A. Hand him the sword
>>B. Apologize for stealing it
>>D. Something else
"You're a talented fighter, it's a shame i didn't get a chance to see you fight without the weight you were carrying during our fight"

>A. Hand him the sword
>C. Go watch the match

Is this an insult veiled as a compliment?

Cause I'll support it only if its sincere.

Yeah I'll back this namefag

>B. Apologize for stealing it
>D. "I meant to return it last time, but the problem with training in the wilderness is its hard to ask someone to do you a favor."

>A. Hand him the sword
>B. Apologize for stealing it, and not returning it sooner.

You hold the sword out toward Yamcha, and apologize for taking it.

"You're a talented fighter," you tell him. "It's a shame I didn't get a chance to see you fight without the weight you were carrying during ours."

Yamcha stares at you. He's not glaring, which is a nice piece of progress. But, he doesn't take the sword either. He looks surprised and confused, and not quite sure how to take what you're saying to him.

In the end, he reaches out, and pushes the sword away.

"I don't need it anymore," he says. "I'm not the desert bandit anymore. Thanks to Master Shen, I'm a great martial artist instead."

>A. That's true

>B. Ask if Puar might want the sword, then

>C. Tell him that Shen's making him a better fighter, but a worse person

>D. Tell Yamcha what Puar told you

>E. Go watch the match

>F. Something else

>E. Go watch the match

>>A. That's true

I feel like Puar is the key to this, but I forget what Puar told us...

>>C. Tell him that Shen's making him a better fighter, but a worse person
"He's also imposed a limit on you can't see. There's a lot more to martial arts than using anger."

>>D. Tell Yamcha what Puar told you
This too, sorry.

>B. Ask if Puar might want the sword, then

Pretty much that Paur is worried about how Yamcha is acting.

>>A. That's true
>>C. Tell him that Shen's making him a better fighter, but a worse person
>>D. Tell Yamcha what Puar told you

"Shen's made you a better fighter, but a worse person," you tell Yamcha.

"What?" he asks, sounding insulted.

You tell him what Puar told you; how Shen's been teaching him to be more cruel, and to hurt people without good reason.

"Puar worries too much," Yamcha says. "We were bandits before, and we hurt people doing that. He didn't seem too concerned back then."

You remind him that back then he and Puar mostly scared people into giving up their stuff, and that they let people go in peace if they cooperated.

Yamcha's hands clench into fists. "Look, I don't need you passing judgement on me, or my master! And I definitely don't need Puar going behind my back! Just leave me alone!"

He turns and storms away, heading not for the ring, but leaving the contest hall all together.

>A. Go watch the match

>B. Go after him

>C. Something else

>>B. Go after him

>>B. Go after him
Let's insist on giving him his sword. It's his.

(Also I really like this Yamcha character development.)

>B. Go after him

>B. Go after him
Where's Puar when you need him? And man this sword would have been handy for collecting gross monster penises.

>>B. Go after him

Leaving the match behind for now, you follow Yamcha, making your way out of the contest hall as he travels away from the tournament grounds.

He walks with his head down, presumably lost in thought. There are few people in this direction, so he doesn't really need to worry about bumping into anyone. You continue to follow.

Yamcha stops, and whirls on you, shouting at the top of his lungs.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!"

>A. Ask what he's so upset about

>B. Tell him he should take his sword back

>C. Do as he says, go watch the match

>D. Tell him he doesn't have to keep working for Shen

>E. Something else

>>B. Go after him
I guess we're going friendship mode

>>A. Ask what he's so upset about

>E. Ask if this is about the match, and if he wants you to leave him alone, he'll have to take the sword and listen to Puar

>>A. Ask what he's so upset about

>E. Tell him he didn't need Shen to make him into a great martial artist, he already was one.

give the man some fucking space, goddamn.

>B. Tell him he should take his sword back

I don't know what, but we should say or do something to show wanting to be friends.

I mean, he'll probably reject it right now, but he'll remember it.

>C
Leave him alone boys he needs time

THIS THIS THIS
ABORT ABORT ABORT

>arrive late
>Veeky Forums is in full COLLECT THE NPCS mode

>C.

>>C. Do as he says, go watch the match

I'd like to change
to
>>C. Do as he says, go watch the match

The other anons make a good point

Veeky Forums cares about make fictitious friends more than a persona MC

Hey, are you TeamFourStar?

No, but you should go watch teamfourstar's video's which can be found at their website or on youtube

Can I use adblock? Cause I'd rather not give ad revenue to that piece of shit KaiserNeko.

That's fair enough, but you should keep Takahata101 and Lanipator in mind, who both are NOT pieces of shit

Deciding to give Yamcha some space, you do as he asks and make your way back to the contest hall, walking through and heading for the ring, where Goku's match against Chaozu is fully underway.

Goku is on the defensive, blocking attacks from Chaozu with apparent ease. Goku gives a counterattack, and Chaozu is kicked in the face and sent flying from the ring.

However, he quickly stops himself, floating above the ground and slowly rising higher into the air. He lifts his upper body, giving himself the appearance of standing on air, and then begins to walk across the sky.

Once he's just above Goku, he raises his right hand into the air, pointing a finger to the sky. It begins to glow with a yellow light, and he points it down at Goku.

"DODONPA!"

A ray of light shoots from Chaozu's finger, and Goku leaps back to avoid it. Chaozu doesn't let up, however, and sends a full barrage of the Dodonpa down at Goku, who scurries across the stage in an effort to avoid it.

>A. Shout for Goku to use his Kamehameha

>B. Comment that Chaozu can't keep this up forever

>C. Silently watch the match

>D. Something else

Lanipator plz, go back to making lets play shit.

>B. Comment that Chaozu can't keep this up forever

Yeah, Kaiser is kind of a tool

>>D. Something else
Grab some random girl's butt and blame it on roshi

>>C. Silently watch the match
Goku's got this. Better not distract him

Wait, what happened? Did I miss some sort of internet drama?

Not really, just my personal opinion on the guy

Nah, Kaiser has always been kind of a control freak. HE's the reason that the Gohan Bulma joke sex scene wasn't included in the history of trunks, even though it was a great joke and Taka wanted it in more than any other joke.

And wonder in amazement as your old pal Goko vanquishes Kazoo!

Basically what those two said, just various issues revolving around Kaiser being an restrictive asshole

Is he the reason they stopped doing all the references and jokes and DBA pretty much became alot more serious and less funny?