What's your opinion of Nahiri

Who here thinks Nahiri is going to be redeemed in some upcoming set? Who here thinks she CAN be redeemed and have it not be utter bullshit?

Please leave any waifuism at the door

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/maro254/status/753948537637834752
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

For the record, I actually really like Nahiri as a character. I'm just worried that Wizards doesn't know that she a a character that was once noble and pure, and through events that were only partially her fault has been driven irreversibly insane and evil.

She was driven insane by her stay in the hellavault so what she's doing is probably more the result of insanity than genuine hatred. I see some evangel in the next step slap her with some sanity-restoring magic and she goes mono-white "let me help sempai"

She looks like a meth user.

>unironically summoning Eldrazis to inhabited planes
>redeemable

pick one

I get the feeling if Sorin and Avacyn had just tag teamed slapped her around a bit and kicked her off Innistrad instead of sticking her in the helvault then she probably would have just stormed off in a huff looking for Ugin or something.

I think she's a bit insane from her time in there. It's weird to think where her storyline can go. With Ob Nixilis from BFZ and Oath he's a conqueror, you know he left Zendikar to go look for some conquesty shit to do. You know the Phyrexians want to compleat the universe. You know Nicol Bolas is looking to go do schemey shit to regain his pre mending power.

As far as Nahiri knows she's accomplished her goal. She's gotten her revenge.

I want the Gatewatch to find where she is, planeswalk in all ready to fight, and she's just like chilling on a beach in a bikini somewhere going "What?"

In all seriousness I imagine being white she's still got some nobility/honor left in her so when she finds out Zendikar's still around she's going to have a massive amount of guilt on her conscience.

So Ugin and Sorin are irredeemable?

I don't think she even needz a redemption. Sorin was a huge cunt to her when she came to him demanding answers. Instead of apologies, empathy, or compassion he acted like like a dick. Rather than swat her hands for lashing out in anger and trying to fix things, he threw her into a prison that he threw all sorts of demons and the like into.

Sorin was delivered some very appropriate R/W vengence. If anything I expect her to approach ugin with a lot more caution or even not at all. She's angry but not stupid, so if they do meet it will probably be after she's turned jeskai and led a revolt against the dragonlords.

>elder fucking dragon
>vampire
you tell me

She's not going to be redeemed

I would bet she joins up with evil planeswalkers and helps create the evilwatch

What would ironically summoning an Eldrazi to an inhabited plane look like?

that would be retarded since Ugin was dead all the time. And Sorin was just protecting his plane from her, bitch was trying to KILL him.

Summoning a Mini Ulamog to keep as a pet

Emracool, the Aeons Hip

niggers can't be redeemed.

Exactly the same, but you would be doing it ironically so it's fine, it's not serious you're just pretending to want to destroy all life.

No, she was trying to show that she wasn't a weak pushover anymore and never did anything to him he couldn't fix in an instant because oldwalkers are that bullshit OP.
She basically challenged him to a game of Magic the Gathering with her Vintage deck, not knowing all he had with him was AVR draft chaff instead of the Vintage deck he curbstomped her kitchen table casual deck with when they first met. He still lucksacked a victory with Avacyn out of nowhere.
If they want to keep using her as an antagonist, the only thing I could see her really doing is trying to turn some other plane into a new Zendikar. Otherwise, it's curing her madness and making her go 'what have I done'

Redeemed?
Maybe, if WoTc understands that redemption is a path not an action. An act can put you on the path, but it does not absolve your sins.

Personally I hope they don't try. Her actions were inexcusable but understandable. Let her deny the chance for redemption. Let her not care anymore that she committed injustice to get vengeance. I find that more interesting.

Ask Nissa

She decided to stay as she already managed to piss off an old walker and would rather they be pacified then show up at a bad time. This decision was rather poor.
She was not insane. She is perfectly in control of her actions and probably loved the big demon cocks she enjoyed in the Helvault.

Why did she drip hot metal all over her shoulder? Is she some kind of crazy masochist?

Yes, Nahiri wasn't driven mad by the Hellvault, she was mad way earlier when she decided mortals weren't worth her time and started locking herself up in a rock cocoon in Zendikar's underground.

>2016
>not living in a comfy cave cocoon
Enjoy squatting in your surface-hut, ground ape

This.
Also she hung out with mortals for a very long time before rock snuggles

She's a bitch and definitely carries some of the blame, but Sorin isn't an innocent either.

I hope she won't be redeemed. Also there is no redemption for her except heroic sacrifice.

> genocide of the whole plane
> redemption

You can pick only one.

This

OP here, I will say that Sorin is deeply at fault in the things that happen. Regardless of the 2edgy4u image he sometimes gets on here, I think he is also one of the more compelling characters mtg has right now. The way that things played out left a ton of moral gray areas that somehow left both parties leaning towards being totally wrong.

I will say that in the end I find Sorin slightly less culpable since his faults were more about arrogance and disregard for something he should have helped with, as well as subjecting a former friend to a terrible fate. While these things are pretty fucking awful, they in no way compare to purposefully bring the death and horror Nahiri brought on untold thousands of innocents. Seriously, what an eldrazi does on Innistrad is so much worse than what an eldrazi does on Zendikar.

Sorin's a dick.
Nahiri's a cunt.
They're made for each other.

Black - On
Green - Garruk
Red - Nahiri
White - Elspeth
Blue - Tibalt

No Tezz? Also why's Elspeth even there?

She deserves to die, honestly. As understandable as her motives were, Zendikar was at least saved for the most part but Innistrad is corrupted beyond repair, even if they stop Her. With most of the angels and the church gone or corrupted Innistrad will just slowly wither as the mostly intact vampire populace will just feed on the very few remaining humans.

If only Nahiri had been competent and actually helped her own plane Zendikar or at least realised that Sorin did go back to help Zendikar despite Nissa's stupid move.

I was so mad to see Nahiri win that battle against Sorin and leave him writhe in agony as he watched Thraben's doom too. Pretty infuriating.

The order of most at fault I think is
>Nahiri
Didn't much think to object to using her own homeplane as a trapping ground for three plane-eaters that weren't doing much aside from eating some backwater plane, then reeee'd when they broke out not once but twice and help didn't arrive IMMEDIATELY because her two allies were dead and in a coma. Then she committed planecide.
>Ugin
Nerd dragon that wasn't upfront with their ideas which inevitably fucked everyone over.
>Sorin
Tutored Nahiri and begrudingly allowed sealing the titans instead of straight-up killing them. Then he went home to try to straighten out the absolute mess that Innistradt is and keep it from getting fucked hard, and falling comatose from the sheer exertion. Like what Nahiri half attempted to do, except she accidentally starting a religion and fucked off instead of intentionally starting a religion, putting in place backup plans in case things go badly, and then taking a well-deserved nap.

tl;dr, the fact they tried sealing them away in the first place was retarded, Ugin's a douche, Nahiri is Hitler, and Sorin admittedly fucked up but he got shafted way too hard for it.

>Didn't much think to object to using her own homeplane as a trapping ground for three plane-eaters that weren't doing much aside from eating some backwater plane

This is wrong. Nahiri was apprehensive as fuck about it, but Sorin and Ugin convinced her that it needed to be Zendikar because Zendikar was naturally overflowing with mana, and then GUILT TRIPPED her into it further by pointing out how unfair it would be to force this shit on someone else's plane and endanger a bunch of innocent nobodies by burying the Eldrazi beneath their feet.

It has no effect on her, it's stone that's under her control whether it's molten or otherwise.

There's absolutely no way she can be redeemed. At best she could pull a heroic sacrifice, but it still wouldn't really make up for the shit she pulled.

Frankly, any attempt at redemption by WotC would come across as ridiculous.

I suspect what will happen is that Nahiri will no re-appear until during/just before whenever we inevitably return to return to Innistrad again. As you say, Nahiri has accomplished her goal and will likely chill the fuck out now. Enough that the Gatewatch or some other neutral party and approach her and explain the situation that Zendikar lives.

Once she finds out that her home plane was not destroyed by the Eldrazi, she might agree to help save the people of Innistrad from Emrakul breaking out of the moon/ rampant demon problems now as a form of penance for going overboard in her revenge against Sorin, though probably on the condition that Sorin stays in time-out. Probably taking the opportunity to make sure that his prison becomes much more permanent and hellish, since she was sort of counting on him getting eaten by Emrakul before and her life is in grave danger if he escapes somehow.

I think Nahiri would take a certain great pleasure in becoming the new protector and lord of Innistrad, the savior of the people lauded as the second coming of Avacyn, while Sorin gets locked in some hell dimension in the basement and the people of Innistrad only ever know him as some nameless evil enemy of their savior, locked away in the ancient past. Vilifying Sorin and disgracing his accomplishments by usurping them.

Its the equivalent of not just ruining your life and making you lose your home and job, but stealing your girlfriend on top of it.

This is delicious - though perhaps we can push it even further and have her disguise herself as Avacyn. She's only wings and thigh-high boots away.

>Avacyn
>Emotion

She was Hal 9000 with tits and thigh highs

Taken behind the chemical sheds and shot is really the best outcome.

She's probably on her way to tarkir to kill some elder dragons....just out of spite for Ugin...
Speaking of which...
Is he still sitting on Zendikar waiting for Jace to get Sorin to get Nahiri,
Who's he gonna send next, Kiora..
Will we eventually get to the point where every planeswalker is just looking for another planeswalker cause the elder dragon said so...

> Zendikar was at least saved for the most part but Innistrad is corrupted beyond repair
source, because Zendikar was fucked up and Nissa realized that while it could eventually recover, it would take a lot of time and effort.

So source on the 'beyond repair' bit for Innistrad?

>being this wrong
Look, I know you hate Nahiri, and it's fine to hate her because she did a horrible thing. But you're biases is so bad you're getting the facts all wrong here.

>Innistrad corrupted beyond repair

Sure Thraben's fucked but once Big E gets sealed there's probably just going to be some residual Eldrazi boogeymen roaming about while Olivia takes the throne.

Oh look, the horror plane is being ruled by a vampire and there's scary monsters running around. That's fucking par for the course for Innistrad.

>"Look at it, Gared. Pretty, in a way. Your world is ending."
>"Yes, mistress. S'what it does around here, mostly." The geistmage's apprentice, with his bulging eye, looked forlornly down at the chaos.

You've got Thalia and the Innistrad Avengers PLUS the full five man Gatewatch going to town on the Eldrazi hordes. Innistrad is going to fine. The walls may ooze green slime from time to time but they always did that.

Avacyn expresses something vaguely resembling emotion before her death. It's just that it consists of her concluding on her own that Sorin is as much of a threat to peace on Innistrad as anything else.

She was high on Emrakul drugs at that point

If Innistrad does not fall apart then it's simply bad writing because last time just the absence of Avacyn was an apocalyptic scenario.

Shes going to be the white ranger of the gatewatch, when she becomes 100% good again sorin will break out for revenge after he sees his precious gothic hangout has turned into a shitty call of cthulu fanboys wet dream. We'll have a block where sorin is trying to kill good guys and be monoblack again, maybe on zendikar, but probably ravnica.

>If Innistrad does not fall apart then it's simply bad writing because last time just the absence of Avacyn was an apocalyptic scenario.

That apocalyptic scenario was diverted by Liliana killing Griselbrand

Now there's the Gatewatch + Tamiyo canceling the apocalypse this time

Innistrad 3.0 is probably going to be about how much darker the plane is when ruled by Vampires or something, which is still on theme.

Arlinn kord will keep innistrad safe in avecyns stead you dink. A very progressive change for the gaurdian of innistrad to be transgender instead of a white woman I may add.

Innistrad 3 will be sorins revenge, it will literally be castlevania

It wasn't apocalyptic in original inn, just that the scale is tipped to the 'evil' side without avacyn.

>People saying Innistrad is fucked

There's still a flight of angels apparently. There's a non corrupt church dedicated to Sigarda and Traft, and spirits are helping humans out a lot more now.

Shit's gonna be dark in Innistrad again, there's no doubt about it. BUT there's hope and ways for humans to fight back still.

Ya fucking babies.

Why would she needs to be redeemed? Most people think she was right to wreck everything and Maro consider Sorin to be a/the bad guy.
So I'm pretty sure she'll be treated as a neutral character onwards.
Fucking hell.

Underrated post.

My opinion of Nahiri is that she, and Sorin as well, exemplify all the traits that were bad about Oldwalkers. This entire Innistrad return block has to me felt like a deconstruction of Oldwalkers and looking at why they are a problem. They have no connection to the places they fight in. To them, the death of a plane is a statistic. Unless it's something they care about because it interferes with them, at which point they take things COMPLETELY personally. Beyond that, though, they have no connection to or care for the little guy. Everybody bitching at Innistrad being destroyed? This is what Oldwalkers do. They give no fucks.

As much as people hate the Neowalkers, Gideon, Jace, Liliana (bit less so, since she was an Oldwalker, but it's getting there), Chandra... they all actually have a reason to give a shit about the places they go to. This doesn't in itself make them good characters, mind you, but it does highlight and contrast the differences.

tl;dr the whole story arc has been one giant Oldwalker pissing match, and I love it.

Yeah, the implication of several centuries of demon rape is pretty nasty.

On the other hand, once Avacyn showed up in the Helvault at least the rape was being split between the two of them.

MaRo has already said she's the main antagonist, you're whining at a strawman.

He consider both of them to be villains tho.
twitter.com/maro254/status/753948537637834752

I really wanna entertain the idea that she won't be redeemed any time soon, if ever, and she's just an occasional villain that shows up randomly, wrecks some shit, and goes on their way, like pic related.

>Most people
Source?

I hate planeslwakers, Magic lore is fucking terrible. It's disgusting.

What are kor made of?
Are they organic flesh like humans, or are they some sort of stone niggers?

>source directly contradicts your statement
that's not how source works.

>Because alot of fans seem to be of the opinion that it's okay for Nahiri to literally kill every person on an entire PLANET just because she's mad at Sorin.

okay, so your source is not some random guy on twitter, with no source.

Still not how source works.

Organic.

This would worry me less if Olivia wasn't an insane idiot pathologically incapable of holding back the other idiot vampires. Avacyn as a nuclear deterrent was about all that kept those morons in check, which means if the humans don't get rid of them and QUICKLY after Emrakul is gone the fucking blood orgies will start up in earnest and good-bye, humanity.

They also really don't have an explanation for how Sigarda, either alone or with what's left of her flight, is going to do the job of four flights of angels and Avacyn. Unless the demons like Ormendahl who apparently got eldrazified don't reincarnate anymore, the angel population is at best down to its last 20% or so and at worst only a single angel is still alive and sane while demon population is as strong as it's ever been.

Maybe we could have a resurgenced of the black flight, giving the GB colors to the protectors of Innistrad since it fit the plane, but i doubt it now that the gatewatch is involved.

The angels are still white. The WB sister's mana cost, if it's consistent with the others, is WWB, not WBB. And the benevolent geists are currently the ones doing all the work protecting humanity, and they're all white or blue.

And werewolves as protectors is a load of shit. Arlinn is uniquely privileged in control of her nature spirit thing, the rest of them are either psychopaths who revel in eating human flesh or victims living in freakish misery with a monstrosity that makes them attack their friends and loved ones every full moon.

Wolfir and the Cursemute were a solution, but SOI fucked THAT up.