Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z #41

>You are Maple Son-Mahogany, one of two young Tuffle twins thrown at Earth starting in early Dragon Ball by your "father," Dr. Raichi

>"Canon" had already taken a sharp turn from the "norm" when you began, and through your actions, choices, and dialogue, took even further turns from the "norm," and will probably continue to do so

>Stats and dice mechanics are used, and can be explained again as needed

>Let's all try to have some fun, ok?

And a pastebin: pastebin.com/5P4NfuUh

Last time, on Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z! After witnessing Vegeta's stunning transformation into a Super Saiyan, you decide to have everyone test their skills against Cooler in the Pendulum Room... and discover just how powerful Cooler himself is. Though with that drastic difference in strength revealed, it looks like the Super Saiyan bargain sale came early, for Raditz and your kids! And as the tyrants approach Earth, you learn that Gero is responsible for King Cold's recovery, and Freeza's true goal on Earth. And right as you prepare to face King Cold and Cooler, a mysterious youth appears before you...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eMYt9sGOcTU
youtube.com/watch?v=Ezrbyf6t9mY
youtu.be/6vg7iM9eEOY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=eMYt9sGOcTU

"Three?" Cooler asks skeptically. "Tch, it doesn't matter how many monkeys you bring together, you are nothing."

"Trust me, Cooler, we're more than enough to handle you." the boy says with a cocky smirk.

Goku and Raditz look at each other with confusion, but seem to be willing to take any help they can get. Most everyone is staring at the youth, yourself included, with mixed reactions. Acer nudges you in the shoulder, quietly questioning, "...I haven't really thought to ask before, but have you seen this guy in any visions before, Maple? Because I'm damn sure I have."

You take a moment to recall his name, then nod. "Trunks."

He hears you, looking back. He then checks around the gathered fighters, face changing into a panicked expression when he sees Lapis and Lazuli, that quickly becomes mixed with confusion. He shakes his head, looking back at Cooler and King Cold. "Not... exactly what I remember. But even so, I'm here, and I'm going to make things right. Cooler, Cold! You die here!" He clenches his fists, powering up, hair standing on end and spiking wildly. His power rises, matching Raditz, then Goku... and rises further as his hair turns blonde, that golden aura flaring around him. He's... he's closer to Cooler in strength than any of you. Higher than your Scouter can tell you, but if you were to give it a guess...

He probably clocks in at 370 million.

(cont.)

"Vegeta's going to hate this." Raditz mentions with smug satisfaction. Your husband meanwhile is more than pleased by this development.

As the two tyrants brace themselves, Cooler's minions leap forward, striking poses. Cooler glares at your group, then at the Super Saiyan trio. "Armored Squadron, take out the trash! Father and I will handle these supposed Super Saiyans. Oh, but keep the girl alive. I want to make sure she suffers, just like her little terrorist friends did."

A cold-blooded glare comes across Lazuli's face, slowly turning to boiling rage. "You'll pay for every life you've taken!"

King Cold raises his hand. "Troops, ATTACK!"

>A. Pick off the grunts while the Super Saiyans face the tyrants!
>B. Hey, Armored Squadron! GINYU FORCE RULES!
>C. Support the Saiyans and Chuu Lee, they'll need all the help you can give them!
>D. Sense back to Vegeta, see how things are going on there
>E. Something else?

>C. Support the Saiyans and Chuu Lee, they'll need all the help you can give them!

It's better to take out the heavies than waste time on the grunts or risk a repeat of the simulation just yet.

...I don't know why we'd yell that out, but whatever.

hi kato!

Samma Vaca +Samma Ajiva + Lunar Siren plan!

Get Yamcha to perform the shuffle alliance with us against.

>Show superior posing!

go go tuffle alliance!

The last thing we need is them to see Cooler losing and get a lucky distraction in.

Also, how's it been Kato?

Here's the rules for the super shake from the ask.

>So, here's how the Mighty Smoothie works:
Drinking the whole thing would give a x20 boost to Power Level, but it can be cut down into portions. Half the smoothie, x10 boost. Quarter, x5 boost. It can keep being divided down to 10 portions, with each giving a x2 boost to Power Level.

>It is with Bulma currently, and Lapis can teleport you to her in case of emergency. This all said, you should be very careful with how you use it. While it does indeed give you a boost, higher portions might not be as permanent as the actual Tree of Might's fruit. There's risk involved in relying on it.

>On the plus side, it DOES taste delicious.

...I wonder if we can replicate the taste with non super foods.

Doing all right, got caught in a bit of traffic on my way home, sorry about the delay. Someone seems to be very upset with me on Ask, if I'm reading this barrage of questions correctly.

Anyway, roll me 2d20, best of five, DC is 13 for both.

Rolled 6, 5 = 11 (2d20)

Rolled 19, 5 = 24 (2d20)

Dub 1s.

Rolled 6, 18 = 24 (2d20)

GINYU FORCE RULES!
GINYU FORCE RULES!
GINYU FORCE RULES!

Rolled 17, 17 = 34 (2d20)

Rolled 7, 12 = 19 (2d20)

Rolled 20, 8, 4, 6, 4 = 42 (5d20)

Very nice!

Writing...

>20
Great!

Great success!!

youtube.com/watch?v=Ezrbyf6t9mY

You leap to the side, drawing the attention of the Cooler's henchmen to you with a shout of, "Hey, Armored Squadron! GINYU FORCE RULES!" A quick CLOTHES BEAM to make sure they see the emblem of the Ginyus on your outfit and striking a mighty pose.

The blonde, blue Brench member of the team glares at you. "You did not just do that." He covers his arm in Ki and... HEY! That's your Spirit Sword technique! "ARMORED SQUADRON, SHOW HER WHAT WE CAN DO!"

You create one yourself, Acer, Yamcha, Chi-chi, and Lapis coming to you. Chi-chi and Lapis move towards some of the grunts, attacking them as they go after Lazuli. Yamcha moves after the large, green member of the Armored Squadron and your brother, the frog-like one.

You clash with the Brench, Ki blade to Ki blade, your opponent showing remarkable skill in spite of the difference in strength between you both. "Tch, has even Jeice learned to do that technique too?!"

"I should be asking you that, I invented this skill on my own!" you yell, slashing down. It barely misses his chest, leaving a small cut in his armor, as he swings back up, trying to catch you off-guard. But you're having none of that, parrying the slash, then kicking off him at the thigh.

"RGH! You... bitch!" His leg trembles from your kick, forcing him to fly up so he doesn't fall over. He mixes it up, firing Ki blasts at you with his free hand as he slashes.

(cont.)

>Someone seems to be very upset with me on Ask, if I'm reading this barrage of questions correctly.
No need to relay all the noise, but may I ask what the subject of consternation is?

You bring up your Spirit Bits, sending some to help cover for your friends as you leave four behind, both sets of them moving around your fist and Ki blade. With the added strength, you clash again at the Brench fighter, himself trying to block your strike with his Saber... only for yours to slash through it, and then his arm. You punch him in the gut after that, sending him flying.

"SALZA!" the two other Armored Squadron members shout, only for Acer and Yamcha to knee the both of them in the chests and hammer them into the dirt.

Chi-chi and Lapis seem to be cleaning up the grunts, while the Super Saiyans and Chuu Lee carefully face off with the tyrants.

>A. Brobro! Yamcha! Let's finish this, Shuffle style!
>B. Focus on Salza, he might be down an arm but he's not out yet
>C. Lunar Siren, boost one of the fighters! (Who?)
>D. Armored Squadron is good as gone, put your attention on the bigger threats!
>E. Something else?

Siren first on Trunks, then back to salza.

>>B. Focus on Salza, he might be down an arm but he's not out yet
Trunks

>A. Brobro! Yamcha! Let's finish this, Shuffle style!

THIS HAND OF MINE GLOWS WITH AN AWESOME POWER

ITS BURNING GRIP TELLS ME TO GRASP VICTORY

TAKE THIS. MY LOVE, MY ANGER AND ALL OF MY SORROW!

SHINIIIIING FINGAAAAAH!

>C. Lunar Siren, boost one of the fighters!
Trunks. Maybe we can get the Armored Squad to surrender.

Cooler might be a better boss than Frieza, but surrendering in a fight in which the Cold family is supposed to be avenging a grievous insult and assassination attempt? That sounds like the perfect set of circumstances for a case of the explosions.

>C. Lunar Siren, boost one of the fighters! Goku
Then
>E. Lightning bits Cold/ gate goku for a super kamehameha to end him quick

Rolled 2, 2, 13, 7, 4 = 28 (5d20)

2d20, best of five, DC is 12 for both.

Rolled 9, 2 = 11 (2d20)

Rolled 2, 6 = 8 (2d20)

Rolled 11, 10 = 21 (2d20)

Rolled 4, 19 = 23 (2d20)

Rolled 17, 7 = 24 (2d20)

Come on Tuffle Luck! We've got friends' lives on the line!

Rolled 10, 19, 4, 13, 4 = 50 (5d20)

That was a close one.

Writing...

THANK YOU!

Whooo! Clutch 17!

Of course. Just have to remind ourselves what's truly at stake in times like these

Seeing the Cold family reminds me we're missing the greatest of Cold Clan.

We're never going to see Arctus again, are we guys? ARE WE?!

Nah. Eail doesn't really quest anymore. Sure he might fart out some impulsive anonkun thing, but they never last or are substantial.

He runs on anonkun now, just like chuckles.

Maybe one day guys. One day...

You carefully analyze the battle going on. Goku and Raditz are holding off King Cold with Chuu Lee's help, and while he's clearly stronger, they're fighting smarter. Trunks meanwhile seems to be struggling against Cooler, there's a clear gap in power between the both of them, though one the other Super Saiyan seems to have vastly better skills than Cooler expected.

Time to give him a little boost.

You form a False Moon in your palm, then carefully adjust it, then throw it upwards. You fling it up into the air right as Cooler catches Trunks' sword. "I'll admit, Super Saiyan, you have far greater strength than any fighter I've faced before! You could easily kill my brother with this kind of power... it would be a shame to lose a promising fighter like yourself."

"Not a chance, Cooler!" he roars, trying to push the blade into Cooler's palm.

Spotting Cooler make a Ki blade like your own and Salza's, you quickly, telepathically warn Trunks, 'To your right!'

He avoids it just in time, the blade slashing at his jacket. Trunks looks back at you, dodging Cooler's next strike. You point up and smile. The Lunar Siren beams energy down at Trunks, surprising him with the gigantic boost to his Ki. Cooler's turn to try and slam his Ki blade down at Trunks, and Trunks' turn to catch it. "W-what trickery is this?!" He spots you looking at Trunks, then attempts to fire a beam from his finger at you out of rage.

You dodge it with a warning of foresight... and then barely avoid Salza's attack, a slash at your cheek being clear warning to how close that was. The Brench fighter looks at you with frenzy, his stump of an arm cauterized. "YOU TOOK MY ARM, I'LL TAKE YOUR HEAD!"

(cont.)

He seems to pour every last ounce of strength he has into his next attack and lunges at you. You let the Spirit Stinger empower your own Ki blade once more as you dash at him, letting out a battle cry. The two of you clash.

You stop yourself a meter away from your opponent, a new gash in your arm, but one thankfully not too deep. Salza looks back at you... then falls in two distinct chunks, half his torso from shoulder to hip falling away from the other half.

Acer and Yamcha give a roar of "BURNING CRUSHER!" as they grab the two other members of the Armored Squadron together and slam them into each other, moving back and firing Kamehamehas at the fighters, blasting them into nothingness.

Your foes numbers dwindle... but then you sense something sinister approach. A dark presence. You look up to Cooler and Cold, the two of them suddenly feeling significantly stronger... dark auras around them both. Cooler's matched Trunks' increase in strength equally, while King Cold now easily can overpower the ones facing him.

>A. Keep supporting Trunks, get Cooler down first!
>B. Chi-chi, fusion!
>C. Toss someone the Senzus, heal yourself up, and try to locate whatever's empowering the fighters
>D. Goku and the others need some help!
>E. Lapis, get to Capsule Corp! We'll need something extra!
>F. Something else?

Stop, Maple Time!

>C. Toss someone the Senzus, heal yourself up, and try to locate whatever's empowering the fighters

>A. Keep supporting Trunks, get Cooler down first!
>F. Chuu Lee, you know this technique as well power up Goku. Chi chi, Samma Vacca on Cooler

Fucking Towa!

Save Senzus and let Chi-chi heal us up.

>F. SAMMA AJIVA AND SAMMA VACA!

Boost and weaken!

Too bad we don't know anyone who can say...make a gigantic bomb of spiritual energy while we're dealing with our foes.

>C.
>F.
Chi-chi, Samma Vaca on Cooler, then efforts can be focused on King Cold. We take the fight to Towa to make sure she doesn't try any more funny business.

I'll support this:

Rolled 9, 8, 15, 7, 18 = 57 (5d20)

Roll me 3d20, best of five. DC is 16 for all.

Rolled 7, 7, 13 = 27 (3d20)

Rolled 6, 7, 6 = 19 (3d20)

Why isn't Spike exploding anyone yet?!!!

Rolled 11, 3, 4 = 18 (3d20)

With this many d20s thrown around there is going to be a 1 I know it.

Rolled 20, 4, 5 = 29 (3d20)

Rolled 1, 12, 9 = 22 (3d20)

Come on, we can't fail now!

Rolled 13, 18, 11, 13, 5 = 60 (5d20)

Who says he hasn't?

Well, good news and bad news!

Writing...

I am so mad I went pseudo ssj

Fuck I ruined this

It was me

You heal yourself up and toss the Senzus to Chi-chi. "I'm going to put a stop to this at the source, but we need to ensure we keep the upper hand. Weaken Cooler." You work to focus on where this dark boost is coming from as Chi-chi shouts the words to halt the tyrant's increase in strength.

Lapis moves to you, realizing what you're about to do. "Tell me when, Maple!" he says, tapping his forehead with two fingers. You focus hard, and sense for these dark intentions. Almost...

"THERE!" you shout, locked on. Lapis grabs your shoulder as you telepathically direct him. The two of you teleport and come face-to-face with... an uncomfortably smug Towa. You ready yourself and try to shout "SAMMA VA-"

youtu.be/6vg7iM9eEOY

You and Lapis are slammed into the ground face-first. You try to push yourself up, to no avail. A nightmarishly powerful presence is keeping you there. You struggle to look up as you hear the demon woman laugh. "Oh that bait was too perfect. I knew you'd fall for it." You watch her walk towards you, slowly. "Tell me, did you really think I wouldn't be prepared for you, little Tuffle girl?~"

"Is this about the Tree of Might again?" you ask while forcing a smile.

You notice her eye twitch, but she keeps up her smug look at you. "I certainly haven't forgotten. No matter, I already have someone people on their way to retrieve the wonderful little experiment you've done with them. Gero always wanted to give 15 and 15 a test run. This should be a simple one."

>A. Warn Bulma!
>B. Keep Towa talking
>C. Break out of this, full power!
>D. Something else?

>15 and 15
14 and 15. Damn it.

>A. Warn Bulma!
>B. Keep Towa talking
>D. She's a bit of an egomaniac, so get her bragging

>A. Warn Bulma!
>B. Keep Towa talking

Pretend to say
"SOLAR FLARE!"
So she blocks and closes her eyes but instead...

>D. Something else?
>SAMMA DITTHI!

Then get the shake.

Time to figure out who gets to eat it.

>B. Keep Towa talking
>D.
Tell her she's pretty.

Don't do this. She'll know it's a ruse

>"Oh Maple.. Even though it's technologically impossible for me to miss you, I'll MISS YOU!"

Rolled 7, 3, 16, 7, 15 = 48 (5d20)

Mind rolling me 1d20, best of five, DC 13?

Rolled 8 (1d20)

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Rolled 14 (1d20)

Rolled 14 (1d20)

Rolled 15 (1d20)

Let's hope she likes to gloat to us enough to keep her distracted

Rolled 2 (1d20)

No whammys...

Rolled 3 (1d20)

I hope Tien is having better rolls in his mysterious space fight...

*whew*

Rolled 17, 1, 20, 7, 3 = 48 (5d20)

Very interesting.

Writing...

>1
>20
Yay?

Meh.

It's a success with something nasty on the end.

Hey, where's Lapis right now? I have a plan to deal with Cold until his forces are defeated.

Well share it then faggot

Okay, he's right next to us, so here's my plan: We IT Cold to Penguin Village real quick.

Why specifically there? People can get across the world fast nowadays.

hehehehehehehehe

Because in Penguin Village, Looney Tune Rules apply.

Arale and Kaiju have problems of their own.

That's why we don't have Super Godzilla with us.

Hey guys, anyone else feel cucked by time travelers showing up to help us out when we haven't even gotten to see how well we'd do without them?

Nope! I'm glad Trunks is here.

300million is a pretty big gap to clear when none of our individual fighters break 100 million max.

We don't need Arale, we just need quality hijinks to stall Cold for a bit.

Sounds like coward's talk to me. We haven't even fought yet and already Kato's saying we'll be needing more help.

Trunks is only there because something fucked up though. Him traveling to this timeline implies we'll fuck up even though we haven't gotten a bad future for him to fix yet. Does he have the bad future, and why would he travel to a timeline so different from his own if he wants to warn people away from his timeline's future? Trunks' appearance just doesn't make sense, and if it does make sense in that we'll fuck up, I find that demeaning when we haven't even gotten a chance to see how well we'd do without him.

We get it. You're a cuck. Your feelings are hurt. We understand.

You don't need to keep telling us that.

We don't know the true identity of this Trunks yet.

Trunks don't even exist here in any form, the timeline is already too different for him to relate to.

GokuXBulma Trunks from another timeline.

We are pretty sure it is the Trunks from Kato's version of the Path to Power-verse