/l5rg/ Legend of the Five Rings General

Fuck Your Face Edition

mediafire.com/folder/vx477quhxz4vt/Regend5Ling#btf4cvsidtj6ff

Last thread: bad Wapanese, proper (ka)mon construction, Bushido and Sengoku RPGs.
What's the hardest you've killed someone in-game, /l5rg/?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!pFJHQb4a!aTRN6jnqqgkK0hoTMUfgAQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Last thread: bad Wapanese
I think that's every L5R thread

Sshhh.

Not me, but I once let a player talk me into allowing him to importune the kami into manifesting a cubic meter chunk of solid rock and then drop it on top of the Mirumoto Daimyo, who by then was outed as working for the Lying Darkness.

Posting a bunch of fanmade 1E schools from like 2002. Translating from Spanish.

>Mizu Bushi School
Benefit: +1 to Reflexes.
Skills: Defense 2, Kenjutsu, Meditation, Archery, Mountaineering, a Bugei skill.
Starting Honor: 2.5
Starting Outfit: Katana, wakizashi, bow, 20 arrows of any kind, kimono, light armor, any 1 weapon, traveling pack, 2 koku.

Mirumoto Matsuo, a young Dragon bushi, once challenged an arrogant Matsu that called him a coward. Because he did not manage to hit him once, he ended up so exhausted that Matsuo scored first blood on him with little effort. With time, this young Dragon would become a sensei, teaching the brashest students to calm their vehemence with his fighting techniques. Years after his death, his few pupils keep his school alive, barely.

Rank 1: Made of Air
El primer paso para vencer al enemigo es que éste no te golpee. Por lo tanto el bushi añade sus reflejos a la dificultad para ser impactado.
The first step to defeating the enemy is that they won't hit you. Therefore, the bushi adds their Reflexes to their TN to be hit.

Rank 2: Refuse to Fall
El bushi empieza a aprender a sublimar la defensa activa. Cada vez que haga la maniobra de defensa total guarda dos dados en lugar de uno.
The bushi learns how to sublimate active defense. Every time they perform the Full Defense maneuver they keep two dice instead of one.

Rank 3: My Response
The bushi channels the energy they save in combat by not being harmed, which allows them to attack two times per turn.

Rank 4: Armor of Void
At this level one is a master of defensive combat. The bushi may use Full Defense even after performing all of their actions this turn.

Rank 5: Tire the Foe
By resisting longer than their opponents, the bushi manages to weaken them dramatically. Every time an opponent attacks and fails to hit the bushi, they throw one die less for damage and reduce their TN to be hit in 5.

>Kuma Bushi School
Benefit: +1 to Strength.
Skills: Kenjutsu, Sumai, Jiujutsu, Athletics, Intimidation, a Bugei skill.
Starting Honor: 1.5
Starting Outfit: Katana, wakizashi, bow, 20 arrows of any kind, light or heavy armor, helm, any 2 weapons, traveling pack, 5 koku.

It is a refinement and fusion of the Hida and Badger schools born from sensei Hida Shioki's interest in the methods of this minor clan. After a journey to Badger lands, Shioki returned with new ideas and taught them to his disciples, though with some wariness from his comrades due to his apparent lack of trust in the Hida school.

Rank 1: The Strength of the Bear.
The Kuma school is based on hitting a foe a single time. To achieve this, the bushi starts by adding their Strength to damage.

Rank 2: Communion with the Katana
The bond between the bushi and their katana is reinforced here, for they may keep one of their Strength dice when dealing damage.

Rank 3: Double Paw Strike
The strength of the bushi allows them to perform two attacks per turn.

Rank 4: Turn Against
Once attaining this rank, the bushi's blows know no barriers, for they may make a raise to ignore the opponent's armor (two if it's Heavy), and on a successful hit the armor's bonus is added to damage.

Rank 5: Inner Strength
The bushi finally learns how to use up to the last shred of their power in battle. Any damage roll treats 9s as if they were 10s, and they're able to be rerolled.

>Sakura Bushi School

Benefit: +1 a Willpower
Skills: History, Tea Ceremony, Kenjutsu, Bard, Defense, 2 High skills.
Starting Honor: 3.5
Starting Outfit: Katana, wakizashi, bow, 20 arrows of any kind, light armor, helm, any 2 weapons, traveling pack, 5 koku.

Ancestral school of the Akodo ancestors. Wet nurses, and then sensei to the Lion bushi tell them stories about brave samurai protected by their sense of honor to encourage them. It seems that Rank 2 of the current school is a remainder of this thorough and righteous training, the secrets of which are still rumored to be known by the eldest Lion sensei.

Rank 1: Honor is Life
The bushi lets their honor guide them and draws strength from it. Once a day they may spend a Void point and heal as many Wound Ranks as their honor.

Rank 2: To Face Death
In case of dying, the bushi shall do it facing their fate, without betrayal. Any attack directed at the bushi from the back allows them a TN 20 Perception roll to respond with an attack.

Rank 3: Two Hands, Two Blades
At this level, the bushi is guided by such rectitude that they may attack two times per turn.

Rank 4: I Have Not Failed
Upon reaching this rank a second chance is granted to the bushi that is not favored by the Fortunes. They may reroll as many rolls per adventure as their Honor with -5 to TN.

Rank 5: A Single Essence
The bushi achieves such a level of purity that their Honor and Void become one. They may spend Honor points as Void points. If their Honor is less than 3 they may not achieve this communion.

>Chiyo Jiujutsu School

Benefit: +1 to Reflexes
Skills: Craft, Jiujutsu, Meditation, Farming, Herbalism, 2 Low skills.

This is a school for heimin founded by ise zumi Togashi Chiyo, dedicated to teaching peasants how to defend themselves from bandits and samurai abuse. Since abandoning toil to learn martial arts is unthinkable, this school channels the strength developed by crafting and farming labor as its doctrine of fighting and self-control.

Rank 1: The Way of the Bee
The first thing this school teaches is fusioning work with defense. Therefore, the heimin adds the score of its trade (Herbalism, Craft) to hit and damage.

Rank 2: Strengthen the Stinger
Once learning how to control strength it is time to increase it without peril. When reaching this rank, the heimin keeps 2 dice when striking barehanded instead of 1.

Rank 3: Fleeting Flight
Once the circle is closed, total dominion over one's own physical capability is achieved. The heimin may make as many TN 25 Void rolls as their school rank. Each successful one gives them an extra attack or action.

>Silent Mercenaries

The ronin band called the Silent Mercenaries follows Hotei as their chief. He was a samurai that lost his lord, abandoning him by recklessly throwing himself into battle. After becoming a ronin, Hotei arrived into Phoenix lands. where he tried to gain acceptance from the Shiba, and even though he was close to be accepted among their ranks his brash character betrayed him once again and he had to leave their lands, displeasing those that saw in him a boon of strength for the Phoenix army. After this, Hotei was able to reflect and apply what he had learned of the meditative clan. Today, his mercenaries follow precise attack patterns and attack ruthlessly, using what little his boss learned from Phoenix insight.

Requirements: Vacío 3.
Skills: Meditation 2, Kenjutsu 3, Defense 1, Battle 2.
Advantages: Death Trance.
Disadvantages: Insensible.

Rank 1: Sure Strike
It is an attempt at using the Void in the Shiba manner. Spending a Void point, Raises do not increase the TN in 5, but in 3.

>Benzai Bushi School

Benefit: +1 to Agility
Skills: Naginata 2, Athletics, Defense, Etiquette, a High skill and a Bugei skill.
Starting Outfit: katana, wakizashi, naginata, kimono, light armor, traveling pack, 5 koku.

This school consists of a refinement and specialization on naginata usage by the Crane Clan's samurai-ko. Since its teachers and creators belong to the Daidoji family, it is not strange that some of its techniques sacrifice a certain orthodoxy in combat in exchange for certain advantages.

Rank 1: Where My Arm Reaches
To begin familiarization with the school techniques the possibilities of the weapon it uses must be learned. Because of this ,the samurai-ko multiplies her school rank by 2 and adds it to hit and damage rolls, or divides it between both.

Rank 2: Cut the Wings
The consideration of the naginata as an extension of the arms starts becoming a fact. When a called hit to a limb is made, it only takes a single Raise instead of two.

Rank 3: Remake the Duel
A strategic, surprising retreat using the naginata's length, seeking a favorable position to restart the fight. With an Agility+Athletics roll against TN 20 the round ends and the samurai-ko ends in a position that adds 5 to her TN to be hit.

Rank 4: Blade Spin
Learning to wield the naginata in rapid spins that take advantage of its inertia, the samurai-ko may attack twice per turn.

Rank 5: One-Arm Army
Finally, the maximum efficacy of the weapon is developed, to the point of being able to adapt it to any combat situation. The samurai-ko may attack as many times as opponents she has, without suffering penalties for flanking or rear attacks. The sole restriction is that she has to perform a single attack per foe.

>Akakuro (Red-Black) Bushi School

Only the chosen of the Matsu family may join the ranks of the feared Akakurojin (the Red-Black Men), an elite corps that is sent to the most troublesome spots in the battlefield to open breaches in particular locations and dispatch small, dangerous advance parties. Experts in special tactics, it is said that their members perform dark rituals before battle to concentrate their strength on the enemy in the shape of controlled rage outbursts. Every Akakurojin wears black armor.

Benefit: +1 to Willpower.
Skills: Kenjutsu, Defensa, Intimidation, Battle, Heraldry, Meditation, Archery
Starting Outfit: (one item of Fine quality) Katana, wakizashi, bow, 20 arrows of any kind, light armor, kimono, traveling pack, any 2 weapons, 3 koku.

Rank 1: My Rage Makes Me Strong
The bushi rolls two extra dice for damage and for hitting when performing a Full Attack.

Rank 2: My Rage Makes Me Fast
The bushi may perform two Full Attacks per turn.

Rank 3: My Rage Makes Me Unpredictable
The bushi gains the highest initiative in the turn after performing a successful Full Defense, but only if they perform a Full Attack.

Rank 4: My Rage Makes Me Invincible
The bushi's TN to be hit is not reduced when performing a Full Attack.

Rank 5: My Rage Makes Me Win
If the bushi makes an Intimidation roll against their opponent's Willpower x 5, succeeds and performs a Full Attack the opponent's TN to be hit is 5. They may only try to use this technique once per opponent.

I'm digging these schools. Might update them for my own purposes; nice to see a naginata school and the red-black-men have a cool niche of being male Matsu berserks who lack honor by virtue of their duty and the way their training goes against traditional family doctrine.

Bumpu for the glory of AKODOOOOOOOOO!

So when a new lion daimyo takes over do they kill off all the males related to the old one and they attempt to impregnate all the females?

... They do now
... You fucking spider

Posting superior waifu

Posting the edgemaster clan

That's not a Spider!

So I've been working on a conversion of L5R into a Banner Saga game, and I need an opinion on the following change: a implying the rings and traits from 4 rings and 8 traits, to 4 stats: Might, Vitality, Resolve, and Wit, which follow the rings for the most part. My intention is to simplify the system.

What does /tg think?

I don't think it fits, since each ring has one physical and one mental stat, meaning that anyone from a frail philosopher to a brutish warrior can still employ any given ring.

Consider looking at 7th Sea 1st edition, they only use four stats and it runs on the same system. Crunch the mechanics and you ought to be able to get it all to work with whatever math you end up using for the simplified system.

Where can I get a .pdf of the 1st ed core rulebook? Or is the 2nd ed in OP sufficiently similar?

mega.nz/#F!pFJHQb4a!aTRN6jnqqgkK0hoTMUfgAQ

Here is a 1E trove.

Thanks a bunch!

Crossposting from last thread:
What do you mean by "zero capacity in operating online environments?"

>tfw no yasuki sugar mommy

He had a katana. I had a tetsubo.

No one explained the rules for fancy, citified dueling to me until afterwards. Poor Lion.

Probably means he isn't good at online play. It took me a while to get used to it too since my first two years of RPGs were in person.

Hida Yakamo would be proud.

Fellow PC nearly murdered somebody at full health with a shinai. NPC had Earth 2, and one die rolled a 39 which is more than enough to kill an Earth 2 character.

Yakamo would have died like a chump if Satsu hadn't thrown the duel.

I understand why he couldn't reveal it, but a lot of awful shit could've been avoided if he had told Hitomi about it.

It's debatable; maybe knowing would have helped, maybe not. Perhaps it would have spawned worse events..

Satsu does choose to kabob Yakumo when he gets another go-round when the Shadow Dragon thing happened, and Yokuni tells him later that it wasn't the wrong choice.

Now there's a what-if: the Crab have no Thunder for the Second Day, but someone else takes up the mantle.

Yoritomo being a Thunder sounds real nice. :^)

Yoritomo being his own Thunder would be a better justification for making him a Kami equivalent than what they actually went with.

A bit new to the system, just been leafing through. What's the conventional wisdom as far as character optimization goes? Are there any good resources and breakdowns on the subject online?

>Optimization is dishonorable, user-san, just make a character to match the backstory

All actions are honorable in battle, and system mastery assists in creating gimmicky characters who can still survive despite their handicaps.

For a character whose primary focus is not combat, such as a courtier or artisan, what's the cheapest buy in to make them useful in a fight?

Learn archery, it relies on Reflexes (which you also use to determine TN to be hit) so you can stay in the back, pop people with arrows and still be hard to hit if things go tits up.

Also, never go minor clan/ronin, they're deliberately made to be shittier than the regular great clans.

Optimized how?
A highly functional character is at least somewhat balanced and can do some things well will have one or two increase to stats (Ideally at least one that increases a Ring to 3) and a few skills at 2-4.
A minmaxed character trying to get to a higher insight rank as soon as possible regardless of their actual competence picks a family and school combo to gain an increased ring without spending any xp on it, and has as many skills as possible at rank 1 to boost their insight.

>A minmaxed character trying to get to a higher insight rank as soon as possible regardless of their actual competence

If they're less functional, then they're less optimized. Given the power of insight ranks, can it occasionally be worth it to pump level one skills though? Given a high stat in an area, it would be useful for low hanging fruit.

If you happen to be close to your next insight level, it might be worth it after character creation, assuming a vacuum where the GM lets you get any skill without justification or training time.
If you're at court, it's easy to justify some fluffy skills, like arts and performance, since there are often masters giving seminars, group lessons/activities, and constructive criticism.

>never go minor clan/ronin, they're deliberately made to be shittier than the regular great clans.

Agree with ronin, disagree with minor clan. Most minor clan bushi schools are weak or too gimmicky, but there are some nice minor clan schools. Toku Bushi for the Monkey Clan is fucking fantastic, arguably the most overpowered bushi school in the game, and Ichiro Bushi are a great school.

For courtiers, the Tortoise Clan and the Otomo courtier schools are both pretty comparable to the Great Clans in power. Kasuga smugglers get no honor penalties for sneaky stuff if they do it for the clan, free info from peasants, and a shitload of bonuses to courtier and sneaky skills alike, they're great courtier/rogue hybrid characters.

I haven't put enough thought into Shugenja to know there, but since they've only got techniques the differences really come down to spell selection and affinity.

*only got one technique

The only thing Minor Clan shugenja miss out on mechanically is the opportunity to go into alternate ranks. But shuggie alt ranks do come with the downside of learning less spells, so it's a give and take.
Fluffwise, their family libraries won't have as many spells as Great Clan spell libraries, and they'll take longer to have new spells disseminated to them, but that's not a mechanical difference.

Are any of the alternate ranks really worth it though? How many of them really apply benefits worth the opportunity cost in juicy, juicy spells?

Also, what element is the best for spellcasting? I'm leaning towards fire having looked at the spells. Damage + luck effects +buffs, it's a strong element.

>Kasuga smugglers get no honor penalties for sneaky stuff if they do it for the clan
This is something where I think L5R never really takes a strong stance on. Is Honor a personal thing, or something born from what others think about you? If the latter, then Kasuga (and Harriers and Scorpions and so on) should lose Honor from their shady dealings - it's the price they pay to do the things they must do. If it's personal, then how come stuff like poisoning people is dishonorable, when anyone can self-justify that kind of action as something that is in their clan's benefit or whatever?

Personally I feel that there should not be ways to get around Honor loss for shady actions. Low Honor gives you freedom of action, high Honor gives you inner strength and fortitude. A clan's code shouldn't come into it.

It's internal.
You might be able to justify it morally to yourself by saying it's for the good of your clan, but honor is a rigid ideal, and it's still dishonorable to do those things unless you've been indoctrinated to believe that it's truly not dishonorable (Which is why many ninja schools have exceptions as part of their Rank 1 techs).
Morality and justness are not directly related to honor, even though many Rokugani believe it is.

I always viewed honor in the system as something magical. It's a measure of the opinion of the kami, the Celestial order, all of that jazz. That's why for some people, dispensations from the Emperor (who has authority and power in both domains) prevent karmic stains from being accrued by some actions they take. For the Kasuga, because of Imperial Decree, for the Shosura Infiltrators, indirectly through the Scorpion's imperial role as the Emperor's "Underhand." This doesn't explain everything of course (Where does the Yasuki's special dispensation come from?), but the system's a bit wishy-washy about it anyway.

Going that route for it, the Yasuki were selected by a Kami for their purpose. Their mercantilism is divinely ordained by Doji, even though they moved away from the Crane.

Does that make the Daidoji pretenders to a role set by the gods?

Eh, not really, since every clan has merchant patrons who pretend to not be interested and have peasant merchants working for them.
The Yasuki are different only because they're directly merchants.

I find it easier to claim internal, but that certain schools mar your outlook on bushido vs your own actions.

Tamori Warrior Priest is pretty cool if you want to b a shugenja who can fight with the bushi.

So anyone think FFG will reveal anything at GenCon in a few weeks? Even if not a finished game, at least *some* sort of news?

He does have Crab blood in him, after all.

No, I mean him being the 8th Thunder.
It's no more bullshit than what actually happened, and would have made acceptance as a Great Clan super easy to justify.

If killing Yakamo, I'd go with not having the full set of thunders. Almost happened with the Crane thunder.

Fires of Purity is one of the best spells period, the fact that it's level 1 boggles the mind. +2k2 damage from all melee on you or a friend, + 2k2 damage for anybody who hits you? Level 1? Minute long duration? 10/10 perfectly balanced.

Fire is generally pretty powerful, having some water is very useful for healing though. Also, you're a bit mixed up, fire doesn't give any luck-like effects, that's water.

It does have the downside that you can't pick anything up or it gets burnified. Although at low ranks, most enemies can't even attempt to Disarm, and even if they can, they probably can't succeed at it.

I usually rule that even your feet burninate, which means you can't just use it anywhere without consequence.

If you have no weapons, your fists will still be doing 4k3 damage at minimum of strength 2, no special skills or abilities.

This spell alone is better than the entirety of the vanilla Sparrow Bushi's kit.

I specifically took Extinguish to counter accidental burninations. It is magical fire on the target themselves, but things that get set on fire away from them is just normal fire, so it can be put out.

>This spell alone is better than the entirety of the vanilla Sparrow Bushi's kit.
That's not exactly hard!

Which is fine if you only have to put out fires once in the FoP duration.

Seconding Reflexes+ Kyujutsu for the easiest way to contribute to a fight. You don't have to be a Tsuruchi to put an arrow in a person every round.

Without houserules the Sparrow Bushi is unbelievably awful. Aside from the simple attacks, it's not consistently better than even courtiers at fighting.

There is, at best, one way to build the Sparrow Bushi to be a competent member of the party, and that's as a high honour, high reflexes archer. But then again, a lot of classes can fill that roll and much better, and that build makes your rank 4 effectively useless.

The better way to build a Sparrow bushi is to house-rule the school entirely or pay up for the different school advantage.

If you allow the player to integrate ronin techniques then maybe you can get something worth using, but I cannot stress enough how bad the school as written is, especially as they said on their forums before they burst that the bonus is temporary, the initiative loss is for the rest of combat.

>especially as they said on their forums before they burst that the bonus is temporary, the initiative loss is for the rest of combat.

Stop! It's already dead!

>that build makes your rank 4 effectively useless
Opens you up to minor clan diplomat, emerald magistrate, etc.

Then again, that's how I view most all the sparrow techniques - good to replace with paths.

That is true, you can get a decent courtier using the School as a base - but, the problem with the school is it's terrible terrible rank one. To the point where the only way it's good is with an ally from the people's legion, or by combining the two schools so there's a good reason to mess with your initiative.

But yeah, have some house rules.

there's been a lot of homebrew schools being toseed around for the past month, has anyone ever made a decent school around rokugani firearms?

Wouldn't that defeat the point of firearms? Being ranged weapons of simple usage that even a green peasant can use with full competence after two weeks of training?

you are correct, but no, since both the teppo and the handgun have the samurai keyword.

Well, in real Japan during the age of samurai with guns, higher ranking samurai acted more like Dragoons and marksmen while lower ranking samurai and ashigaru worked in rank and file blocks.

There's no reason you couldn't find a way to work that difference in, like how various clans have elite spear units and how there's a whole family that practically reveres their spears as much as their swords but ashigaru aren't barred from using spears completely.

Essentially what Iron Empire does with samurai tagged firearms, yari equivalent firearms, and wakizashi firearms for mirumoto.

I actually like the Sparrow RAW. They're the minor clan most shat on by fate, and you pick their school to experience that without being shat on by your GM. (who may even take pity on you)

Changing it is like wanting to play Eeyore, then deciding that while you like playing a donkey, this one isn't happy enough for you.

Who is Pooh in this analogy?

>mfw I once played Eeyore, except not as a donkey.

Damn. Now I want to know, too.

Hida Kisada

"Oh bother," said Kisada the Pooh as he marched on the Empire at the head of a Shadowlands horde.

A crab of very little brain.

I imagine lots of spells used inside structures might be problematic, like using Earth Becomes Sky in any structure whatsoever. Rip the shit out of that floor!

>Wouldn't that defeat the point of firearms?

So? It is not like a crack sniper (a samurai) is on the same page as your average grunt (an ashigaru). Having guns is not "Muh samurai are useless! U-U-USELESS!" tier plastic drama, no matter how hard the L5R setting tries to push this.

There are a few where I came from. In our homebrew setting, the Phoenix Clan is a tech savvy, progressivist bunch who firmly believe in peace through superior firepower, and I think they have a few stuff centered around going butt-wild with a tanegashima. I will take a look and post my findings.

If you're casting combat spells indoors in the first place, the circumstances probably dictate you're not going to be worried about those kinds of consequences anyway.

>Having guns is not "Muh samurai are useless! U-U-USELESS!" tier plastic drama, no matter how hard the L5R setting tries to push this.
It's not, agreed. For a long time, bows were faster, more accurate and longer ranged than firearms. But ease of use was their main advantage: you could put out squads of trained arquebus wielders in a fraction of the time needed to obtain a proper battlefield archer.

The firearms that make the most sense for Rokugan are smoothbore matchlocks. Rifling (and accurate long-range fire) exists by the time of the Tanegashima guns, but its commonplace use is still very far into the future. The problem with making a school of firearms use is that there isn't too much to go beyond "you hit better": these arms are naturally inaccurate so they can't be relied on for called shots, you will have a very hard time getting extra attacks even while carrying many loaded firearms due to the nature of the matchlock; you might be able to shave off a bit of the time for reloading, and that's it. There just isn't much to fill five school ranks with. At best, you could get away with paths or some other alternate advancement schemes for an established school.

Ease of use is not really an advantage in a world where trained archers are dime a dozen as literally every samurai is trained in the way of the bow.

Thus, I think the firearms that make the most sense for Rokugan are actually heavy muskets like jezails or jingals (primitive sniper rifles, essentially). These can really do some damage, and have good accuracy with their fucklong barrels.

All bushi are trained in archery, but they also have a shitload of other things to do. If you can put your peasant troops to work on the ranged role with enough effectiveness to stop cavalry charges on their tracks, then you have an advantage over an opponent that cannot do so.

Generally people prefer it when you don't destroy their homes in the process of saving them from oni. Even if you don't care about property damage, There's something to be said for not setting a house or field ablaze whole you walk through it.

Tsuruchi bump

hey, i've never played l5r before
it seems kinda interesting
it also seems like weeb shit, like
Severe Weeb Shit

what should i expect out of this?
a friend wants me to play but I have no idea if my eyes will roll to the backs of their sockets shortly after starting

It's Severe Weeb Shit. No two bones about it. It's also really fucking fun when you get into it.

so i'll have the most fun with it if i just refuse to take it too seriously and embrace how fucking corny all this stuff seems
cause i'm reading up on the lore and maaan this is cheesy

Like, don't go shitting on people's games if they want to play a straight, serious game, but otherwise just embrace the shameless weebery and roll with it.

Tonbo Shugenja here; ability to spend spell slots to boost social rolls works really well in bursts, and lets me keep up with people far better raw skill than me in court. That said, once your out of slots you have absolutely zero benefits. Free raises on Divination is nice too.

>With people far better raw skill
>your

Well, gonna commit sepukku for my dishonorable spelling/grammar errors.