Warhammer 40k General

You Need Better Fanart edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/FpVfNKp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Was Perturabo the best son of the Emperor?

>inb4 no

No.

I find this question debatable.

He might not have been the best, but he was one of the brightest. After all, he built his own automata as well as invented 30k to play with the IW in their secret masons lodge. And a tiny working scale replica of a warhound titan with screws the size of grains of sand that he broke on Fulgrim's face. So I say that he's my favorite Primarch.

He also liked Leonardo Da Vinci.

I still think his obsession with yellow stripes makes him look like he's got a construction worker fetish.

There's nothing wrong with that, those who don't love hard-working Americans are commies, therefore Perturabo is a good old fashioned capitalist

I got a ribbing from a friend for making an abridged guide to home brew eldar from sources I gathered online and from the core rule book.

Could be used for any of the core games but I wrote it with rogue trader in mind.

Wrong, comrade. His construction worker fetish clearly indicates his support for organized labor. Perturabo is the vanguard of the glorious workers' revolution.

False! The IW are hard working Americans and the Domitar-Ferrum class battle automatas are mini Liberty Primes with Power Sledgehammers to complement the IW's Power Shovels!

>IW
>>More like IWW

He could have been part of the perfect Being.

But he has this fetishistic attachment to not been sacrificed to Slaanesh.

Im angry /40kg/

Angry about Orks

>>IWW
?

Even non-Orks are angry about what GW is doing to Orks.

Orks and Tyranids are the most fun factions to play against, give them fucking something.

>The unit inside can shoot if you can draw a line of sight from a Fire Point that doesn't go through the units locked in combat.
So when a stompa's in close combat, stuff inside can shoot so long as the line of sight doesn't cross the stompa itself. Goooooood.

But they did give them something

an ugly conversion kit with bad rules as an excuse to raise the price of their one flyer by nearly 50%welcome to orks

I get the feeling that people dont understand what FAQ actually means. It's not supposed to be a "New Version Update 1.04" of your codex, its just to explain how the rules are written.
Obviously GW hates orks, but thats not the FAQ's fault and its certainly nothing new.
I fucking wish orks were strong, then perhaps we wouldnt see stormsurges in every game and some stompas instead...

I cant even imagine a world where Orks are the OP army that everyone complains about

read the rulebook, you disregard the model.

>Go down to local GW for a friendly game
>Start unpacking my fluffy wraithguard army
>Opponent starts unpacking his orks
>Oh boy

I shit you not it was nothing but boyz, nobz and a warboss with TWO FUCKING gorkanauts. I just packed up and left right then. Fucking ork players

I'd love to have all that green muscle to paint and cool gimmicky rules, but in todays meta i wouldnt get to play them cause everyone is an ass and cant have a decent casual game

What page? There's something about template and beam powers not hitting the transport vehicle, but not seeing where it says you disregard the vehicle for LOS. I mean, otherwise aevery fire point would by definition have a 360 degree arc if the vehicle is "invisible" to anything firing out of it.

Yeah, it sounds so wrong

There is the part where every ruling fells infavourably for orks.

The only "yes" the got was Green Tide, and only if you own the old Ghazghkull supplement.

i dont know shit about orcs but I always wanted see a rule where orcs get better during the game. wipe a unit with shooting? +1 BS but only available to units actually meant to dakka, win close combat? D3 for +1 str, tough, or WS

Granted that could be OP as shit, but at least something to reflect the more they fight the better they get fluff would be fun.

Somebody hasn't seen what they did to Power From Pain.

Travel back in time to the start of 5th edition.

Tournament-quality bullshit is boring whether you're on the top or the bottom. I may play marines, but I sure as fuck wouldn't be caught dead using divination conclaves and skyhammer. It's not fun to play with or against.

Just give nobz 2 wounds and IWND default, as well as all nob/warboss/big ork type units multiple wounds and IWND. Every time they regen a wound from IWND they gain +1S and +1A permanently. When WAAAGH is activated, any fully destroyed infantry units can outflank from any table edge other than opponent's closest edge at full strength.

Would you rather have tasteless edible food of 5E or inedible wacky fun flavor 2000 mystery feces edition 7E?

I honestly didn't have any questions about the rules I needed clarified, and I knew turn 1.5 charges with blitz brigade was not RAI. It was the dumb shit errata section that ruined it. They took the opportunity to nerf Orks even more by limiting Ghazghkull's warlord trait allowing SnP units to run to only him and the unit he's part of. WTF was running MANz a game breaker? I guess MANz can't get "really fired up" unless Ghazzy is breathing down their necks.

>>fun
>>tournament-quality

I'll choose neither. If I want tasteless but functional 3rd or 4th edition work fine. If I want wacky flavor I can go to 2nd edition.

I'll still play the most recent edition for random pickup games, but filter out the netlisting fags pretty quick. Not going to waste time setting up if it's just going to be the same song and dance every time.

Fucking hell I know this feel, every try I try to play my friendly triptide list and some Ork or Chaos player starts pulling out WAACfaggotry.

This is not a postal office.
They shouldn't care about what is suppose to be what.
"FAQ is suppose to" argument is bullshit.
There is no law that force them to only answer for rules clarification, and that they can't bend interpretation to do some good.

They are a company, and they had the perfect chance to make customers happy and so, make more money.
This is their purpose, and they screw up.

Ho, snap. I'm pretty stoked for some of the AoS releases desu. The Khorne Bloodbound would be awesome for conversions into KDK stuff. Fuck flimsyass daemons.

Khorne is lame

how do you shoot out of a rhino? the "viewport" is 2 dimensional on top and you can only shoot straight up?

Hey Veeky Forums
I was thinking to field 3 hellbrutes in 1000 pt.

Is that too cheesy?

He's not my favourite god but I adore bloodcrushers a lot. The box would make it really easy to make Lords on Juggers too.

Yeah, sure, why not.

id love to play against you, seems fun!

I must admit they are indeed cool models.

I always visualize him as a warrior hanging around goldshire spamming duel invites and "not pots"

Nobz merely need a price cut (probably to 12 points - they are pretty much 2 boyz after all) as fundamentally the unit functions fine. The warbike upgrade also needs to come down to around 20 points a head.

If you can live with yourself afterwards

GW is trying to NOT become the kind of company that posts rules updates to their webpage to balance stuff and instead keep it all in their books.
I'd love if they did balance the game with incremental updates like online games, but that's not how they work.
They fucked up doing the dreadnaught errata for all codexes (except fucking csm/kdk/orks) and it's biting them in the ass now cause everyone is spamming their facebook page with insults. "FAQ is suppose to" is by their own hand, you dont control it. Read the facebook page to the hundreds of responses they write to people bitching that they didnt suddenly start buffing orks in a faq.

Honestly I don't know why GW despises Space Marines so much. There's no way to compete with underpriced shit like meganobz, battlewagons and stompas. Meanwhile they're supposed to be a melee race yet their shooting is top-tier. Look at all the fucking AP2 shit they get. Add their fucking broken morale rules on top of that and you've got the most overpowered race since 4th edition Eldar.

>has three helbrutes, cant spell helbrute

Sorry I just realized this post may have come across as a little whiny, I just wish GW had given my marines some sort of tools for dealing with mega armor and multi-wound models. Way to fuck up the entire meta, GW.

>Look at all the fucking AP2 shit they get.

See, while I know you are being sarcastic a tau player in my group actually does believe this as I keep using KMK to exterminate his crisis suit based army. More than once have different tau players bityched that KMK are grossly overpowered as it scythes though a good chunk of their army while being highly resistant to return fire (20 gretchin crew motherfucker).

Do they not notice how at least one of them is self-destructing every turn?

But kannons are half the price, don't scatter, don't get hot and unless he makes his suit clump like a chump gets as many kills.

A 3 point grot token? Oh no.

With 20 gretchin do I look like I give a fuck about gets hot? Really though its just players being salty I have a durable unit thats a good counter to their MEQ based army.

The KMK gel nicely with the rest of my list so it creates a problem for a lot of your typical non tournament TAC to tackle as i've got respectable dakka and some dangerous choppy units.

The AP2 is worth it over a kannon simply for versatility, as thats is why those KMK makew the list - to tackle 'ard stuff the boyz can't get to.

>hundreds of responses they write to people bitching
And what? They deserve it. The way they mistreat some of their customers is sickening, they deserve every bits of whining they can get.

People spend a lot of money and time for this hobby, and they are suppose to have continuous fun through the years.

They had years and several occasions to fix this, but didn't. They should have known that they needed to do the extra step here, expecially after they did something good with SM.
What is suppose to be or not, is irrelevant. It was the good moment to do what they should have done long ago. But they were lazy and shy.

I can't fucking wait for the CSM FAQ, for they are a lot more and more pissed off than Orks are.

Doesn't the ammo runt negate gets hot? Also how do you use a cover while allowing LoS for the kannon? The crewmember needs LoS too.

>Doesn't the ammo runt negate gets hot?

A re-roll is nice, but I don't think they are worth it for KMK myself. A targetting relay objective is HILARIOUS with KMK sitting on it.

>Also how do you use a cover while allowing LoS for the kannon? The crewmember needs LoS too.

They do need LoS but there are plenty pieces of terrain - even from GW itself - that allow a gretchin to see over stuff while being within cover. Option B of course is a KFF big mek (take that markerlights!).

discord.gg/FpVfNKp

Jesus. A battery of Mek Gunz, 20 T7 gretchin in front, a low wall for cover and a KFF in the middle for an invuln bubble to all.

That's pretty fucking good. Cheap too.

> 20 T7 gretchin in front

Don't put 20 in front, only 5 (I think, I cannot into percentages) so you have 5 ablative wounds before you need ot take morale tests. Then just keep cycling gretchin to the front every movement phase to protect the guns.

csm faq? i dont think there is a single thing that needs to be faqd actually.

yea you still dont understand how the faq works. Keep crying cause no one fucking cares about your whiny ass anymore

youre an idiot. someone asks "how does this rule work?" and gw should answer OH WAIT NOW THIS UNIT HAS T5 AND THAT ONE HAS A 4++ INVUL ALSO HERES A NEW UNIT AND FORMAITON HURRDURR

Ah shit, of course. In that case I recommend taking the runt for morale purposes only. 4 crewmembers means that if even 1 gretchin dies, you lose 25%, triggering the test.

Unless of course the gun counts as well, in which case you're safe without the runt. Smart shit, cause the gun would be useless without crew so you don't need to worry about regrouping with heroic morale.. Need to tell all this shit to my ork buddy.

>you still dont understand how the faq works.
And you still don't get that how faq works is irrelevant, and the faq include erratas.

> I recommend taking the runt for morale purposes only

Runts aren't models in that way - they are purely decorative.

>Unless of course the gun counts as well,

The gun is still a model in the unit, so it counts. Plus they have a 3+ save anyway so with their T7 they can absorb dakka better than hte gretchin can.

That's why erratas are there.

They can but only 2 wounds and the gretchin become useless without it. It's in your best interest to protect the gun at all costs.

Artillery crew use the youghness and saves of their field gun.

Errata is for when something was plain wrong to how they wanted it. You really believe orks are sucky by mistake? lol

As far as I know it's only toughness. Where did you read saves?

Is there a FAQ or errata where GW says that KMKs allocate their "gets hot" wounds to the crew? Because there's an explicit rule that says that for zzap guns. No such rule for KMK. Not saying it isn't RAI, but I'm gonna need proof to try that at my store.

In a vacuum that makes sense, but when you consider LD5 on the grots to a certain extent you are better to try and tank wounds on the guns after the first 4 or whatever gretchin die to prevent morale tests.

Toughness yes, but not save. I suggest you re-read the artilley rules.

Erratas are for typos and inconsistencies between codex/supplement/BRB

I wouldn't be surprised if they changed their mind on how the Scrolls of Magnus work with non-Psykers.

I am curious if/how they're going to handle the Crimson Slaughter "character."

>You really believe orks are sucky by mistake?
You really believe Orks are badly written and that they lost customers on purpose? lol

Errata gave dread and scout the update they needed for coherency with the other codices, yet cyborg body doesn't work like the Iron Hands bonus, which would have make sense.
Clearly something that belongs in the errata.

So errata would have been the perfect place to make Cybork and Feel no Pain consistent with Iron Hands Bionics and Feel no Pain.

Misremembered, T AND Saves are for fantasy artillery.

Not to mention the "fluff" written above each weapon's entry in the codex suggests the opposite. Zzap guns are SUPPOSED to electrocute the crew. KMKs are SUPPOSED to explode when they overheat.

1) Artillery don't shoot themselves, the crew do
2) Gets hot specifies the model firing a weapon suffers the wound

In fact the KMK themselves cannot ever take a wound from gets hot.

It would have.

Ezcept "werging ad indeded :DDDDD"

are orks imperials now? thats fresh

Not mistake.
Incompetence, they had an interwiew with one of the crew and the reson Orks came out so poorly is noone played them and they had no real idea for a direction, so they just pooled together what they thought were cool concepts and then handwaved some rules.

Cybork Body and Bionics are essentially the same thing.
In a game that GW wants to cut and make simpler, consistency is the first step.

Your argument is shit, and so are you.
This game has already rules that transcend codices, this doesn't need to be any different.

And people collectively spend hundreds of thousands of currency on that army, only for the company itself to treat it like a fan codex you can find anywhere or do yourself.

Fucking disgusting. There should be some form of accountability.

cool link me that interview.
orks was part of the pre-decurion debacle, it's not shocking it was bad.

thats like saying feel no pain and reanimation protocols are the same. If they were the same they would be called the same.

tfw just got a new job and gonna blow all the money on chinese recasts

Outside of RP working on instant death they are mechanically the same.

Except for reanimation proto col workin on ID

Its the Relentless=S&P discussion all over again.

And the other hands what you are saying is that Preferred Enemy need to be different ruled between CSM and Tau because they specialized in fighting their enemy in two different ways.

Hope 8th edition's supposed rule shrinkage fixes all this fucking bloat, honestly.

>There should be some form of accountability.
It's called not giving GW your money.

ork: A model with a cybork body has the Feel No Pain (6+) special rule.
IH: The Flesh is Weak: Non-vehicle Iron Hands models have the Feel No Pain (6+) special
rule. If they have the Feel No Pain rule from another source (a narthecium, for example),
they instead add 1 to the result of any Feel No Pain rolls.

YEA THATS TOTALLY THE SAME RULE

gtfo and stop giving them your money?

It's called shareholder meetings. Convince 40k fans to buy shares instead of toys.

That may work now, but what about when you bought miniatures in a good environment and then GW suddenly decide your faction is going to suck for the next 5 years.

People don't buy bad products on purpose. Mostly.

They should be the same, yes.

Both are cybernetic arguments.
So, they should have the same rule.

Do you have some cognitive problem?

Veeky Forums am I trying to learn IG, am I doing this right

Armored Battle Group: HQ Grizmund, Troops: 2 russ (for best of the best 4BS) Troops: 1 leman russ punisher

Then I can take and Emporers Fist with tank commander for 3 more Russ's with BS 4? Of course taking more troops to fill out minumums.

But is that a legit way to get 6 leman russ at BS4?