>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1noIvfC0-n5WkZyZGJ5WWFGRUk&usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Damn you, you got to it before I could post Best Edition.

Perhaps tomorrow...

Is anyone else having trouble getting things to load on the drive?

New player, had a go at making a Jump.

Cool.

We're so close to the Thread #1000.

Does anyone has anything special prepared for the occasion?

World Items are a waste of CP. A divine set is much better for buffs, since WI are neither absolute nor really that powerful.

Talents that stack are much more useful.

First of all, welcome and glad to see someone new making jumps!

Second... you have only one discount for Drop-In, and no perks for them at all? You effectively have only two backgrounds.

Why does Tamer give you four exclusive freebies?

>Does anyone has anything special prepared for the occasion?
Not really. I might race to finish my jump for it, but I make no promises.

Needs some love for Drop-In, and I really don't like the "check online for how this Jump works!" approach to Jumpmaking.

I might put in some effort to finish the Jump I was working on, but I doubt I'll be able to do it in time so maybe I'll just give up on it.

Where I can picked up a hammerspace on the level of Personal Inventory (extra large version)?

Likewise, where can I picked an equivalent perk to Innate Talent Golden Mind, because it's straight-up a huge intellect boost with no other add-ons or clauses (other than the mentioned risks of being /that/ smart)?

I do have a fiat-level immunity perk to mind control (thankyou Kirby) but what jumps (besides FFTA) offer perks that gives immunity to instant-death or restricted-movement effects?

We're like thirty threads out on it though

So maybe a week.

I'm a /slow/ jumpmaker.

>log on
>see this
>mfw I have to accept that Dirge is never coming back
>mfw his P&D will forever be WIP while we have this

Super Mario RPG gives immunity to Instant Death. There's also literally any SMT Jump, excluding maybe Persona if you don't go the right Arcana. But it has Homonculi which absorb the effect.

Is there any way to merge companions in jumpchain?

I asked this a last thread, and was banking on using FF15 echo stuff for it, but that only seems capable of merging yourself with one other person.

>Where I can picked up a hammerspace on the level of Personal Inventory (extra large version)?
FT's Requip is the easiest one. There are others, but that's off the top of my head.

>Likewise, where can I picked an equivalent perk to Innate Talent Golden Mind, because it's straight-up a huge intellect boost with no other add-ons or clauses (other than the mentioned risks of being /that/ smart)?
Intellect boost perks are a dime a dozen.

>immunity to instant-death
True Immortal form Vampire Diares and Dog Talisman form Jackie Chan Adventures should do the trick.

You can also negate the magic with some perks.

>Where I can picked up a hammerspace on the level of Personal Inventory (extra large version)?
Invest in science and magic perks and create your own.

And for the Talent Golden Mind, the DC Jump has some pretty nice mind boosts. And Worm's Thinker powers are also pretty useful.

Spamming your question in every thread is not a good way to get help. Ask, wait, then ask again in a few threads.

Use FMA alchemy. Especially if one companion is a little girl and the other one is her dog.

I'm a little lost about Secret Code; what exactly does it do?

I trust Pre-Emptive Attack can be voluntarily turned off?

The egg machine section in general confuses me. What does the part about 150/roll denote? Do rolled monsters become companions or not? What even IS a Godfest? Are these things tech, magic or spiritual, and can they be reverse engineered? Do the pink waifus hatch out of eggs too?

>Secret Code
Too meta.

>Collabs
I think you should limit or block these off entirely for this jump. Cross setting stuff like that is too much, especiallyfor how many settings you can potentially pick characters from.

>Super Mario RPG gives immunity to Instant Death.
Huh?

1Ups

>You can get collab monsters
>characters from DBZ, Evangelion, Fate, Final Fantasy, DC
Yeaaaah, can we just not do that whole thing?

That's not immunity to Instant Death at all.

I'll start my own chain then, I guess.

If you don't mind, being a Ribbon Bearer from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance protects you against a bunch of status effects.

That's not immunity to instant death, that's just a way to survive it.

What headlines have you left in your wake, jumpers?

Echoing what that other user said about Collab Machine. It's best not to reference or provide access to other universes or properties in your jump.

Awoo!!!

Yeah, thirding you guys.

Also I found the simulator. Holy crap, one of the machines really DOES just sorta pop cute girls out of eggs. And looks like a pink dragon, whose arm you have to pull.

I feel disturbed and afraid in ways I can't explain.

It's gonna be okay man.

It's gonna be alright.

Quartz Charm. Immunity to instant death effects.

Can items created by Ensoul apply their abilities to their user? Like, if I make a time stop item, can the person using it move in the frozen time?

Oh, thanks user.

I'm not even seeing 1Ups on the PDF.

Whoops, didn't mean to click that one user.

That one, actually.

Welcome to jump writing. I don't know Puzzle & Dragons, so most of this is general jump stuff.

Drop in seems to get the very short end of the stick. Rule of thumb is "is there a significant advantage/disadvantage to one or more backgrounds". With no discounts or freebies, Drop In definitely meets that criteria.

It's probably best to separate out Items (puzzle grid, friends list etc.) into their own category.

Scratch Damage seems odd, because it might not be strong in the jump, it can be very powerful in combination with other jump's abilities, like stacking poison/drain/status effects.

Anons tend to not like hard % numbers, like in Awakening. Advise you use qualitative descriptors like "minor boost" "significant boost" "large increase" etc.

Does the June Wedding Ring grant Light Magic to people that don't have any magical powers, or does it only enhance existing powers?

Generally, having to look up the wiki to create a build is frowned upon.

Nope. Get fucked powerwanker.

>Super Mario RPG
Is that the Quartz Charm? It only says it "protects", and I wasn't sure how potent (or not) it was as an item.

From what I've heard/read, I think SMT jumps are still above my jumper's pay grade so far.

Requip's good, but it uses the Warehouse and I was eyeing Personal Inventory as a great backup in the event I'm cut off from the Warehouse but still have my powers.

>True Immortal from Vampire Diaries
Ahahahano. Once you include the prereqs that perk costs over a thousand in drawbacks at an absolute minimum and I am nowhere remotely near that much of a masochist.

>Dog Talisman
Affordable and a great buy... hmm, while the Talismans are powerful I suspect they're roughly Legendary/Divine tier, not World tier, if we use the Overlord scale?

Good reminder about the magic negation/immunity perks, thankyou.

>Genius in DC
Dammit, my wallet is already on fire in that jump.

>Thinker powers in Worm
Haven't hit Worm yet. I'm still lining up my ducks for that one.

Yeah. That's the point of it. You're making your own Clow Cards, basically, though without being limited to just cards.

>Advise you use qualitative descriptors like "minor boost" "significant boost" "large increase" etc.
Adding to this, examples if possible (Lift a car, lift a truck, lift a skyscraper).

Fanwank, since I don't think a situation like that ever comes up in series since most Clow Cards could probably just exclude Sakura from their effects if needed. That or go on the IRC and ask Stupid_Dog. He doesn't ever answer questions in thread.

It just. It hurts so bad, man.

And his WIP Bay's empty ever since Spyro posted all of it to thread.

That's... pretty much what it's for, right? It says it the magical ability can be "used by others"

...Is this a RYOA? Really? I'm sorry, I don't want to be rude to someone making their first work, but what made you think that rolling for your monsters would be a good idea?

Why not just use Duel Echos with a perk to transfer the perk to the aforementioned companions?

I've got Ribbon, it's an absolute bang for the buck, but I'm wary about relying on it too much lest I discover the hard way that something lethally nasty doesn't /quite/ qualify as a "Final Fantasy status effect".

I saved all those WIPs in my own folder, if you'd like them.

Aside from yours.

Minecraft, Terraria, and Sburb all have inventory systems you can get too.

I'm not feeling this as much as I thought it would. Especially after reading over that Drop-ins only get one thing discounted. And expect that to compete with Tamer getting a million free perks [and one EXCLUSIVE TO THEM]. Monster is ...alright? I found it underwhelming.

I don't think it's actually based on those settings in terms of power. It's more likely based on PnD scaling really. So it won't be nearly as overpowered as you all think it is. Perhaps if he's keen to note you aren't really gaining access to those characters. Just Puzzles and Dragons take on said characters. AKA in line with the settings power level.

>Scratch Damage seems odd, because it might not be strong in the jump, it can be very powerful in combination with other jump's abilities, like stacking poison/drain/status effects.
I dunno why but I feel like more and more people are just more concerned with interjump balance.

Sometimes it's a tad appropriate if it's as extensive as Puzzles and Dragons. I think he might want to list some example monsters and whatnot to give people a feel for it and give the link for more detailed info or further examples/choices.

Oh and I forgot to say this is the first pass so stuff is being taken into account. Not going anywhere near dropbox until it has been significantly tuned/overhauled.

There was a more mundane supplement for it that was scrapped but I may dig out the better parts of it and replace the bits that people have issues with.

Again no. Just remove the crossover stuff. It's simpler that way.

Please.

And you're a beautiful person, user. Thank you.

That still has the problem of the companions being distinct individuals.

I want them to merge completely into a singular entity.

So let's say I ate a Chaotic Evil Deity, for example Lolth. Do I become CE after this, or not?
fucker ate my como aniĆ³n

You got an answer. Determination. Stop asking for a couple of threads and maybe you'll get a new one.

Not him but best way is, so long as they love eachother, you could import them as Gems in Steven Universe and have them fuse. But they have to legit love eachother to have a psuedo permanency, like Garnet does.

Has anyone mentioned power in their complaint about cross setting stuff? It's still a problem if it's a one stop companion shop for 10-20 settings we have jumps off.

Every time, all the time.

Megas xlr has a mega super computer hammerspace. Reverse engineer that maybe?

>Local Girl lights up the night.
>" " drifts though the redline.
>" " destroys Communisim.
>Local Soroitas wanted for consorting with Slaanesh cultists

ate your wat?

Be nice if you could respond to some of the criticism so far. It's always worked out better for both sides if you keep up a connection with the people giving feedback, since you can tell us why you did something and get more explanation on why something is bad or disliked.

No, but you probably become very sick and tragic.

Here you go. There are a few finished jumps of his in here too, so some redundancy with the drive, I just saved everything that got posted. Though the Dark Cloud 1 jump on the drive is the old one, as far as I can tell, and hasn't been updated.

drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1noIvfC0-n5WkZyZGJ5WWFGRUk&usp=sharing

Companion *
autocorrect please

...Well, Spider, you're already eating people. I'd say you were CE beforehand.

But it'd probably not change your existing alignment? Why would it?

"Macho Man impersonator suplexes T-Rex"

>Well, Spider, you're already eating people

Kek, Elves don't count as people you filthy xenophile, let alone their gods.

Gained her divine portafolio, which includes Chaotic and Evil.
Also motherfucker kidnapped my companion and ate her, the fuck was I supposed to do, let her off with a warning?
Also "Devourer of Divinity" is a nice title to add among "Bringer of the End" and "Maid of Doom".

>Terraria Inventory
That looks... complicated.

AWOOing is forbidden.

Maybe you can find another deity with whom to trade the portfolios for something else in return?

Oh buddy
You did not just infringe my freedoms did you?

So a few threads back, someone posted a short combo that would allow for massive time-dilation between real-time and mental-time (something along the lines of 10 years realtime = 200 millions years brain-time).

So I'm taking that and I'm going to try to make a list of similar time-dilation effects
Right now I have:
SCP Foundation with SCP-24000 (140:1 ratio of inside:outside time)
Symbiote with Berserker OS (24000:1 ratio of mental:realtime)
Halo with Augmented + Improved Spartan Time (15:1 ratio)
Narnia with Clock Of Ages (start at 2:1 ratio of inside:outside time and increase the ratio by 1 every 5 jumps)
Touhou with Lunar Dial (though i don't actually know the maximum compression ratio)
Tropico with Pause (unlimited mental actions but the world is completely frozen)

Of the top of my head, that's all i can think off.
If you know of any other, can someone let me know?

Wait holy shit, and these were never posted? What the hell was this guy.

>Kek, Elves don't count as people you filthy xenophile, let alone their gods.
What? No, I meant his standard eats-people deal. Not eating Lolth. Hell, eating Lolth probably shifts him closer to Good.

Hm. Probably still wouldn't, just because you have dominion over it doesn't mean you have to BE it. Also what're you using to absorb divine portfolios?
And fair point. Probably justified.

They were WIPs. They only got posted because Spyro got pissy and decided to do it without Dirge's permission.

No, they were posted.

Atleast half got posted, rest is WIPs he'd made before he left.

Dwarf Fortress has one similar to Tropico.

What about the several planets worth of people he ate before that?

This is the first time I've seen spideranon and I thought it was just Loth.

But if it's not he needs to know that he's perpetuating the negative stereotype us spiders have to work against every day.

Sometimes pic related. Other times, Awoo~!

I'm guessing that there's status effect attacks within the jump as well? I dunno.
[carefully edits out a rant] Sorry, carry on

Invader Zim has a variable time stasis field, Dishonored has a slow time power too. And I think one of the later Final Fantasy ones, XIII or something.

>You are immune to all Final Fantasy status effect.
Well, woah.
>Out of universe, this provides a resistance to non FF-shared status effects.
Is that as in, "in addition to" or "instead of"? Because biiig difference.

Also, is FF's Doom status effect == Instant Death effects?

I've caused numerous apocalypses by trying to help people. I'm trying to fix shit, I'm just really bad at not being evil.

Spiders have always been shit and evil.

>complicated
Fair enough. Secrets of Evermore, Borderlands, and Drakengard also have inventory options that may interest you.

Spiders are prone to evil and criminality. Get rekt web spinner.

>Ahahahano. Once you include the prereqs that perk costs over a thousand in drawbacks at an absolute minimum and I am nowhere remotely near that much of a masochist.

There is loveless drawabacks that give you 400 cp. And you can probably planeshift/orbital bomb the rest of the enemy drawbacks.
>Affordable and a great buy... hmm, while the Talismans are powerful I suspect they're roughly Legendary/Divine tier, not World tier, if we use the Overlord scale?

They're jump fiat, unless the author stated otherwise. Since he didn't like Brellin did, it does exactly what the wording tells + canon.

>Also, is FF's Doom status effect == Instant Death effects?
That's exactly what it is.

But the one you need to be looking for is mind control immunity. That's harder to find than death immunity.

You don't fix shit by eating people
You fix shit with infrastructure and mechanization.
We are natures engineers for fucks sakes user.

We're underappreciated thanks to lazy pricks with vore fetishes like spideranon. I bet you pricks like snakes.

Use DnD Fusion and Astral Seed. Go to Dark Sun to pick them up, they're psionic abilities.

Sneks are pure. PURE!

>I bet you pricks like snakes.
I'm willing to tolerate snakes, spiders however are known malcontents who engage in drive by venomings and try to bind and eat everything they come across.

Sure, you talk a big game about engineering, but that's just a front so you can get away with looking creepy and chewing on innocents.

Control and Charm are both FF statuses.