...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Personal Mobility Vehicles: What to do when they start laughing, and why gorging on Ice Cream is not the solution.trid
>Using Drones as Transports: Fad or functional.trid
>Piloting T-Birds.sklchp
>Birthday gifts for vehicle riggers.knwsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: -5i (1111% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled ''Hey Omae, you want a ride?"
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Best Girl.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Transportation Edition: How do you get around? Does your rigger drive? PMVs? Public Transport?

Where is there any information on Singapore in SR?

Sixth World Almanac? Shadows of Asia or equivalent?

Playing a ronin adept. I walk everywhere and get driven during jobs. Lives on the street.

We stole a van from the mob family whose restaurant we blew up in the previous session. I'm convinced it will come back to bite us in the arse.

Our rigger drives a van that also carries all his lovely toys.

I have no idea how anyone would think that wouldn't blow up in your face. Your team is waking up in a dark basement with corkscrews in their knees within two sessions.

Did you destroy all tags? Did your hacker scan the internal computer? Did you even try making it look different, even if you just gave it a new paint job?

You are probably still fucked, but if you were careful it's harder for them to find you.

In order: no, no, and not yet. Thankfully, it's not like the mafia can just call the police on us or anything, but either way I thought it was a terrible idea to start with.

I'm surprised we haven't already to be honest. I think the fact that we blew up one of their establishments and took out a few mid ranking members of the family (though in all fairness the 3rd one was kinda accidental, we all kinda forgot he was in there when Old Man Jenkins blew the place to kingdom come) has given us some breathing room. The fact that all that happened in our 1st session probably helped too (though the van theft was in session 2).

Any ideas what qualities are good to represent an undercover government agent (not undercover cop)?

Seriously, just ditch the van and blow it up in a big crash, and put bodies inside it.

It's the easiest way.

what edition?

Tags still in place, internal computer unscanned, and not yet on changing plates/paint?

Holy shit. Your GM is either softballing you, or it's already too late to run.

Erased, disgraced, my country right or wrong, the list goes on and on.

They can still burn everything and run. My group had to do it when my dipshit face wasn't using a fake sin.

5e

As many as you can remember.

Probably the former, like I said it's a new group and we're only 2 sessions in so far. The GM did throw an Ares Duelist at us last session though, but I'm not sure how high on the "you're fucked" scale that sits.

Burn your shit, move somewhere else.

Prime datahaven membership, poor link, blandness, trust fund.

Duelists are like the battledroids from the prequel trilogy, lightly armored and stupid, but a lot of them in one place is a problem.

I'm trying to think of a Johnson for my group. They're just starting out. Do you think a burnout who owes them a favor or who they owe a favor is a good first Johnson?

Ah, well that's good, there was only one that showed up, and I one shot it. Damn thing did 7 damage to me in one swing though, that was nasty...

A burnout as in a spellslinger with cyberware or a drug addict in a really bad state?

How many runners could you hide in a 400 pound fatman on a scooter costume?

Assuming they're all pixies, 25.

A drug addict in a really bad state. A kamikaze abuser.

depends on the metatype
Dwarf? 2-3
Elf/Human/Orc? 1-2
Troll? One if he's smaller?

You're good. Johnsons can be whatever you want them to be, including dragons.

So what you are saying is we need to make the fatman have a fatwife so we can also for our gear. Gotcha. The corps will never know what hit them.

Nice try, Lofwyr.

Chummer, the cops won't try to check on you because they see any weapons.

they will because YOU ARE DRESSED IN WHAT'S MOST LIKELY IS MILSPEC ARMOR

Its It's fine, those armors will be inside a fatman.

Is 8 Edge worth?

Hm, considering making an edge-monkey street surgeon / face, based primarily off of the likes of Dr. Nick from the Simpsons and Dr. Spaceman from 30 Rock. High charisma, high logic, always carrying a Dart Pistol filled with a random mixture of nerve agents, diseases, drugs, and the like. With Unsteady Hands and a Phobia of blood, of course. But also with with National Fame and First Impression.

Should I subject a party to this quack, and if so, any recommendations?

8 Edge is by far one of the funnest things to play.

5d6 on ini, rerolling fuckups, assisting people, essentially immunity to suppressing fire. it's fantastic.

extra points if you name yourself Gambler and have an addiction to gambling.

You're all edgelords playing a shitty system

Shadowrun in a nutshell:
>muh cancerstick smoking
>dark rainy city
>totally not bladerunner
>evil corporations
>PCs are liberal edgelords who hack
>cyberpunk DmC: Devil may Cry
>muh cancerstick smoking
>*hacks himself behind you* fight da man
>gotta take down dem evil corporations for dem programs
>smoke more

I'm thinking of an undercover government agent who was put in that role not because of skill, but raw talent to get in and out of incredibly sticky situations. Basically be the luckiest man alive.

At least we're "having fun," unlike (you).

Keblers go home. We all know you're the special snowflakes in DnD systems, but you ain't shit here.

Meta-humans are such shitposters.

>cancerstick
hey crab adept user
your character should smoke since smoking=cancer=crabs

I'm the party rigger, and I've got an RV with the submarine modification and enough armor to survive a direct hit from an anti-tank rocket.
Shame there's no rules for torpedos, cuz I really want some of that shit.

The math checks out

You say that like any of that isn't a thing I'd have fun with.

>unironically likes grimdark "fight da corporations" liberal edgelord shit

Shadowrun confirmed for shit

>no one trying to prove me wrong

Wow

Could someone repost the crab adept?
Because you're a shitposter.
Correction. You're a /pol/ack shitposter.

Sounds awesome.

You clearly haven't played Shadowrun if you think it's edgy. You going to tell me oMage is dark next?

Look asshole, in real life I think corporations regularly get blamed for stupid shit that isn't their fault and generally do the world some good.

But Shadowrun isn't real life. Shadowrun is a fucking 80's Saturday Morning Cartoon with blood and elf prostitute tits where the bad guy is just as likely to be a literal Captain Planet villain as anything else. And if you don't think that's the funnest shit, you can get out my face.

>being this arrogant
>thinking their opinion matters

Elf detected. Go blow a flute you fucking Kebler

Can someone explain exactly how combat touch spells work?

Using the spell Punch, as an example, does it goes like this?

>choose punch at a specific force
>make unarmed attack
>enemy defends with reaction + intuition as usual, extra net hits do nothing
>if got at least 1 net hit make spellcasting check
>now target defends with body+armor as usual
>take drain as usaul

is this right?

what edition?

oh yeah, 5e. Forgot to say.

Hey /srg/, does an Adept need a focus?
In 5e specifcally, if that matters.

AFAIR they removed that after 3e

They can get qi focuses which are pretty baller. Essentially gives them a free power or two.

Despite your postshitting, I do actually wonder where people get the whole "Fight the man" thing from. Neuromancer didn't have that at all, nor did any of Gibson's work, really. In fact, he portrayed corporations as fairly neutral, like they actually are. The only thing I can think of where the characters were actively fighting a corp is Hardwired, even then they were helping one corp fight another, so it doesn't even count.

The more derivative cyberpunk works that came after, basically.

So all of the swill that was released after the golden age of Cyberpunk during the Cold War?

Just a lot of weirder stuff in the mid to late 80s and early 90s, but wasn't really good enough to have titles we remember. Ever since Gibson and Sterling burst onto the scene, there were derivations copying their broad strokes without really adding anything interesting. It was why cyberpunk was such a wide genre when it was hot, and it had something to do with why it got its own counterculturey group of hangers-on reading the cyberpunk 'zines and wearing altogether too-cool amounts of black leather.

Touch spell need an unarmed attack roll for unwilling targets, thought it's more like trying to grab the guy or brushing your fingers against him rather than punching them. With indirects the target defends with Body +Armor -[Force of Spell] and with direct spells like knockout you just need to roll against ether body or willpower after the unarmed attack roll.

I'm curious, could a ghoul mage work in 5e? It seems like if I build a chaos mage, his bonuses, along with the right bioware, will give him an insane drain pool. Granted I'm still iffy on magic rules and I haven't played a mage yet so I could be wrong on something.

Ah, right, the people who wished and still wish so hard that cyberpunk was real, and we could fight the power. The kind of people you see in the movie Hackers (Which, in all fairness, actually is a pretty damn good movie).

It was going to be more of a crab shaman than a crab adept.
Unless you're telling me I can befriend crabs, use them as spell bombs, and turn into crabs as an adept.

and you are SO RIGHT HOLY SHIT

That clarifies things for me, thanks.

I would be interested in commissioning some shadowrun art. Any good artist recommendations? And things to get drawn? (I was thinking some sort of team picture)

I'm going to be honest I haven't played the game (I can't find anyone interested to do so in my usual circles)... But I've read a lot of the books and everything seems so cool!

A fellow in my group built a combination Mr. Lucky/Disguise Adept and it's AWESOME. A ridiculous amount of edge plus the ability to look like almost anybody has made for some really fun infiltration shenanigans.

Eh, I think that's probably mostly just from the fact that even within Gibson's works, you're looking at outsiders in the corporate maneuvering that steers the world. Corporations are seen as these monstrous entities that exist on another plane that can't really be thought of as human, like a higher state of existence. This especially comes in when you deal with figures like Virek and Bigend, who manage to be 'people' that overlap the same existence as the zaibatsus and multinationals.

Hell, if anything, I'd say that corps are more akin to Lovecraftian entities, neither particularly malicious or beneficial, simply existing. Turner's thrice-burnt by corps, but it's not like he has any malice for them; he simply understands that's the way they are. Of course, in the various derivative swill, this just gets turned into 'Ermagawd, corps are so ebil, row row fight da powah.'

>Hell, if anything, I'd say that corps are more akin to Lovecraftian entities,
That sounds too much like When Gravity Fails' corps.

Cool, thanks guys.

Well, just look at Count Zero for quotes about Virek. And this is still supposedly just a very rich person, not even beginning to look at the likes of Hosaka, of Maas-Neotek, or any of the others.

>And, for an instant, she stared directly into those soft blue eyes and knew, with an instinctive mammalian certainty, that the exceedingly rich were no longer even remotely human.

>If you believe the journalists, he’s the single wealthiest individual, period. As rich as some zaibatsu. But there’s the catch, really: is he an individual? In the sense that you are, or I am? No.

>She wondered how powerful money could actually be, if one had enough of it, really enough. She supposed that only the Vireks of the world could really know, and very likely they were functionally incapable of knowing; asking Virek would be like interrogating a fish in order to learn more about water.

I suppose you are a bit right. Maybe it's not entirely like WGF's, which is more an exaggeration of everything cyberpunk (Afterall, it takes place in the 2190s/2200s. Very good setting and story though). I can see where people got the 'Fight the powah' stance from that though. It's easy to hate on the big guy, and condemn the decisions they have to make.

are you me?

Hey chummers, gimme some advice. I'm taking over GM duty for my LGS SR5e game (the Current GM is leaving for work out of state), and for the first run, I feel like I want to send the team on a whitehat run, ie probing and testing a corp's security for them. Any good idea on to execute this?

It works, but as a ghoul you'll have a whole lot more to worry about than game mechanics.

>desperate inexperienced b8er trying to milk his babby-tier material

I think you're just mad that people were chill.

See you on the boards, kid :^)

Yeah, you know. These guys.

If Watch_Dogs 2 is Hackers: The Videogame, I'll buy that in a heartbeat because dear god it looks corny, stupid, and spectacular.

Non lethal rounds, paintballs.

Make the security shift boss - not the admin security chief, but like the 'captain of the guard' type guy - an antagonistic asshole to give players some incentive.

It should probably be *very hard* to break in. E.g if your decker can completely comprimise their Matrix security while your Sams crawl under the perimiter fence then that's not very believable, because the runners are meant to be the final test of a hardened, planned system, not the alpha-testers for some open-source bullshit parade.

Corps tend to betray runners who have learned about their security systems to the level of detail your players' team would have. Your players should think about insurance and their own security.

One twist might be for another team of runners to hit the facility on the same night. The player team will have to convince the corp it's nothing to do with them, which could include taking on the runners (who might make the players an offer of their own).

The first Watch_Dogs was more or less every nerd who got bullied in school's wet dream. It was about some guy who was all about computers and being edgy killing people who do anything wrong, and ruling the world with compuuuters.

It felt more like an autistic kid's power fantasy than it did Hackers. Also, the main character genuinely had autism. Not even in the funny Veeky Forums ironic sense, he genuinely displayed all the signs.

Is having the target of a run stolen minutes beforehand by Carmen Sandiego going too far for a run complication?
I mean, it could easily start a globehopping educational investigation arc.

>educational
yup, learn about wonderful places like
>Bogota
>Lagos
>Kowloon Walled City
>SOX
and many more

I would love to watch that show

Actually our group just plays like mercs for hire. Our DM has had us running around fighting anything from full on militarizes to PMC's to killing tons of civvies in Neo-Paris after a previous terrorist attack.

It's an amazing way to play the game especially with a black trenchcoat style DM.

It's fantastic.

not all bad guys run at 100 percent all the time. Look at real life. Sloppy crooks get away with all kinds of things. Or low balling for a certain level of lowballing. the GM might have other plans. Maybe its more of pink Mohawk game, and its gonna end with a shoot out through traffic on a school bus

just not enough info, Omae

You could probably end a campaign on one of her exploits. One time she stole the concept of fucking language. That's gotta be greater than greater dragon shit right there.

I always hear that phrase, what does pink mohawk game mean?

Pink mohawk vs Black Trenchcoat
Basically it's the level of public disturbance acceptable by the DM before NPC's are sent to intervene. Ie in a hardcore pink mohawk run you could shoot up a neighborhood of gangers, kill the cops that come and get away and maybe make it onto the news.

In a hardcore Black Trenchcoat run, if you even tried to shoot at more than a building for longer than a few minutes cops are coming, the instant you engage the cops for longer than a few seconds HTR is 1d6 minutes away or less, if the HTR already isn't there. Do anything spontaneously destructive and a global man hunt happens for you.

Too bad they're forcing you to be a monkey -3/10 will not buy.

yeah, perhaps too much for one complication.
no matter HOW much I want to throw it at my players.

Thanks user.
Nice dubs.

Pink mohawk refers to how "realistic" the setting is. The tone. Compare Game of Thrones to Lord of the Rings. Or, more relevantly, Snowcrash to Neuromancer.

Black Trenchcoat means you go about your job as "realistically" as you can. Social engineering, due diligence on johnsons and targets, staking out both physical and cyber security, floorplans, casualty avoidance, etc.

Pink Mohawkers take a more... murderhobo approach. Lots of guns, murder, theft. Im not gonna say its badfun. just a different style. The GM should account for that. Runs require less than a light touch. More wet work. Clear out these gangers. PMC stuff. See the world. Shoot the people you meet.

Yeah basically this, I just meant in general how the DM treats it, because NPC response is really all that matters. It's basically the lenience the DM has for letting you fuck up / not do things properly or yeah realistically.

I mean, I feel the need to elaborate because it would change the sort of character I would build and how I would play him

The main character was the least fun part of the game for me. The Korean guy salvaged a lot of that.

The guy who shows up at the end of the game and turns out to the baddie? He was alright, I guess. The entire game just felt real... Egh. Like it was written by a loser commie teenager or atleast marketed towards that sort of person.

Jordi; the guy you've kept on hire since the start of the game.

So it was who I thought it was. He was okay, but not nearly good enough to save the game. What's'herface, the hacker girl, she was fucking horrible, almost as bad as the main character.

Would you be interested in joining a skype group? Cuz we just lost a member.

Just go with the format of the games: you've got a creepy group of super-thieves who are doing outrageous heists. While they can't find Carmen after she steals the UberMagicMcGuffin (TM), they do find one of her underlings, and can start following the trail from there.

I'm the driver but not rigger cause I got that AR and VR sensitivity shit. Currently have:

- Ford Americar with extra seating. Its the car I use for not shadowrun stuff.
- Toyota Gopher. Vehicle tag, smugglers compartment, spoof chip, randomized license plate, and a cab for transportating the troll. Had to get it yerzed out because of That Guy.
- GMC Phoenix: Players don't know about it cause its not paid off all the way yet. Not sure how I want to mod it.
- The Ares food truck. Players don't know about this one either. It's my personal 'lay low vehicle' for when the heat's too high. Got it looking like its out of service but AR signs point it to a diner of a friend. Got squatter amenities.

What I want: Airstream RV Preserve. Upgrade the amenities, get conceal armor, make it self sufficient and submersible, set that puppy to autopilot on gridguide in Seattle and live out of that.