Dragonball Quest #58

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a sixteen year old boy named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

22nd World Martial Arts Tournament

>>youtube.com/watch?v=K8JwUGR9Sok

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TudT4BNEKnc&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=BLKiPrGWaEk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck that was quick.I was going to do another varitian of that today

The evening passes very peacefully. Launch recommends some takeout places, and you all end up buying a feast of pizzas, cheesesteaks, fries, wings, and a host of other greasy, delicious foods.

You spend most of the night playing card games, go-fish being the go-to since it's pretty easy to understand, and most of you have played it before. Even Goku figures it out after a bit, and actually manages to win a game. You play, eat, and laugh well into the night before going to bed, relaxed and ready for the next day.

Waking up, you can hear the crowds shouting at the tournament grounds all the way from your hotel room, and you can't exactly blame them for their excitement. Today, defending champion Jackie Chun will step into the ring, and the final matches of the tournament will take place.

You're set to face Goku in the semifinals, and Krillin will face either Jackie or Tenshinhan. Five competitors remain, but only one will be left standing when the day comes to an end.

There's a knock at the door, and Bulma comes into the room, joined by Launch.

"Up and at 'em, guys," Bulma says.

The other guys roll over in bed, opening their eyes, yawning, and slowly rising. Apparently, that's not good enough for some.

"Let's go, you bums! Get moving!" Launch shouts.

You all get out of bed and get dressed at lightning pace, not wanting to be on the receiving end of one of Launch's many guns.

>A. Ask what the rush is, none of you are in the first match

>B. Race your friends to the tournament grounds (85)

>C. Something else

>>B. Race your friends to the tournament grounds (85)

Got to get those competitive juices and shitty rolls out of the way

Man, seeing Launch again reminded me I was a launchfag

>>A. Ask what the rush is, none of you are in the first match

You forgot about Launch?

...Toriyama?

Need to show them who's the fastest in the universe.

I've believed for a long time that rock user is really SOM posting from a different device.

I'm not that clever

Its rockguy thank you very much. I used to have a twitter about when threads for a bunch of quests were gonna start, but no. Som only pretends to be other people to run quests, I just do this for luck in quests I like.

YOU CAN'T RUSE ME

ROLL

Rolled 34 (1d100)

Dat pic

Rolled 50 (1d100)

Rolled 50 (1d100)

Alright anons. We fail to race them. We are unable to convince the others to start a race

"How about we race?" you ask your friends.

"I'm in!" Krillin says.

"Me too!" Goku declares eagerly, his tail beginning to wag behind him.

The three of you push past your other friends, ignoring the irritated yells and the gunshots they hurl at you in retaliation as you rush down the stairs and into the hotel lobby. Goku rushes ahead without looking, crashing into a desert breakfast cart and knocking it over.

"Goku...." Krillin groans as the two of you go to help your friend.

Of course, Goku's fine, and makes sure to eat the breakfast he spilled on the floor, accomplishing this seconds after the two of you get to him and immediately hopping back up.

He pats his stomach, grinning ear to ear. "Okay! Ready!"

"Set!" Krillin shouts.

"Go!" you finish.

The three of you dash out of the hotel lobby and onto the sidewalk outside, accidentally knocking over a woman who was walking her dog into the hotel, and quickly annoying several other people who are out and about.

The sidewalks are crowded with those going to work or heading for the tournament, providing more obstacles for the three of you as you zig-zag through the waves of people and race to the tournament grounds.

It's close, but Krillin soon begins to fall behind. It's strange, but it seems almost as if his speed hasn't increased much at all in the past three years.

Goku, on the other hand, easily keeps pace with you, and as the two of you reach the home stretch, it looks as if it might be a draw.

But then, you notice him salivating, and know it's over. Goku smells food, and this encourages him to run even faster toward his great motivator.

When you and Krillin arrive at the tournament grounds, Goku is waiting for the two of you in front of a hotdog cart.

>A. Ask how any person can be so hungry all the time

>B. Ask Krillin why he was running so slow

>C. Head ringside to see the match

>D. Something else

>>C. Head ringside to see the match

Oh shit Krillin has weighted clothing!

Let's not say anything, but keep that in mind. Let's be that wise explaining mofo for when people ask how Krillin will get out of this jam.

Guys we need to create a new technique. We need to have a trump card and the ability to inflict greater damage to our opponents. A new move always means suprise factor which we can use to our advantage so long as we don't spam of course. Ki based or physical based your call I am heading out to work I hope the fight against Goku goes well.

"How can one person be so hungry all the time?" you ask.

"When you figure it out, let me know," Krillin tells you. "Then we can try and figure out where he puts it all."

Being contestants, the three of you are, of course, allowed to watch the match from the contest hall, which offers a much closer view of the action.

Yamcha seems conspicuously absent, and while Chaozu isn't back here, you're pretty sure you saw him with Shen outside. Pamput hasn't bothered showing up, and truthfully, you aren't sure if he's out of the hospital yet.

Tenshinhan is nowhere to be seen, either, but Jackie soon appears, looking calm and collected as always. Either he doesn't consider Tenshinhan a threat, or he's just very well composed.

"I'm not late, am I?" he asks as he comes to stand in front of you and your friends.

>A. Just in time

>B. Tell him you haven't seen Tenshinhan

>C. Wish him luck

>D. Something else

I agree. But what?

I still like that Jubilee idea from before that's basically just firing shitloads of loud-ass flashing/popping blasts. Not damaging, but blinding and disorienting.

Basically like a ki answer to pocket sand.

>A. Just in time

>A. Just in time
>B. Tell him you haven't seen Tenshinhan

Why not just carry actual pocket sand?

>A. Just in time
>C. Wish him luck
Krillin totally has weighted clothing.

"Just in time," you tell him. "But I haven't seen Tenshinhan."

"He'll be here," Jackie assures you. "That boy would no sooner miss a match than you or Goku."

"So, what do you think, Jackie?" Krillin asks. "This guy should be no problem for you, right?"

Jackie does not immediately answer, but the expression on his face gives you all the answer you need.

He doesn't know who the winner will be, and that uncertainty confuses you just a bit. In the previous tournament, Jackie Chun always held an air of unwavering confidence, always seeming to know that he would win each match he fought. But now, something about Tenshinhan has given him pause.

You haven't seen Tenshinhan fight, but he defeated Nam, and from what you here, it was a brief fight. Still, that shouldn't phase Jackie, who also defeated Nam without much difficulty in the previous tournament. So what is it about Shen's student that gives Jackie pause?

"Well, I guess we'll see," Chun answers Krillin, making his way toward the ring.

Krillin watches Chun go, clearly confused by the answer he received. Goku has a serious look, telling you he's likely mulling over the same questions you are.

"Is he okay?" Krillin asks.

>A. Yes

>B. You aren't sure

>C. Tell him you think Jackie's a bit nervous about this fight

>D. Don't answer

>E. Something else

>E. "Say Krillin, you were a monk. What's with his head?"

I wanted a ki enhanced punch, all our energy into one attack a do or die move. Or something more similar to wolf fang fist.

I like that.

Oh! What about an Android 17 style shield for those times someone else is about to fuck our shit up with a big attack?

I want a punch where we put all the power of our transformed state into it as we rocket towards our enemy.

youtube.com/watch?v=TudT4BNEKnc&feature=youtu.be

>>C. Tell him you think Jackie's a bit nervous about this fight

"I think Jackie's nervous about the fight," you tell Krillin.

"But why?" he asks.

"Because he knows he's going to lose."

You turn around to find Tenshinhan approaching, a confident expression on his face.

"The champion's reign is about to come to an end, and he knows it," the triclops declares, passing the three of you and making his way toward the ring.

Where Jackie seems a bit more reserved and cautious in regards to this match, Tenshinhan is absolutely brimming with confidence. You saw the same sort of confidence in Yamcha, and you remember how little that confidence mattered in the end. Still, even after witnessing his two allies being defeated, he seems completely assured that he will win this tournament. Either he possesses an ego that somehow dwarves even Yamcha's, or he's in an entirely different league than the other students of his school.

"And now, ladies and gentlemen, prepare yourselves!" the announcer shouts from the ring. "For the first time in three years, reigning champion Jackie Chun will step into the ring and fight for the title of World Champion of Martial Arts!"

The crowd roars, and Krillin shouts his support for Jackie.

"The man himself needs no introduction," the announcer says. "Appearing seemingly from nowhere, Jackie Chun amazed everyone with his stunning series of victories in the past tournament. Will he be able to hold onto his title, or will a new champion emerge?"

Tenshinhan follows Jackie into the ring, ignoring the crowd and immediately turning his focus to the champion.

"This next fighter is one of three finalists who represent the Crane School, and studied under the legendary Master Shen!" the announcer explains. "As Yamcha and Chaozu demonstrated, Master Shen has taught his students all manner of incredible tricks. So, the question on everyone's mind should be what Tenshinhan has up his sleeve. Well, we're about to find out the answer."

>Continued

What about a Ki shotgun?

A very close range attack that's all power and no finesse/accuracy/range.

how about some kind of ki-blade?

Non-disk based blades are worthless in the DB universe.

Yeah but everyone and their brother knows Kienzan. Even Vegeta.

how about ki chainsaw?
jesus christ is would work so well.

>>C. This could go either way
somethings telling me tien is still holding back something fierce.

Tenshinhan drops into a fighting stance, staring Jackie down.

"Get ready, old man," he warns Chun. "And try to enjoy your last few moments as champion."

"That ego of yours could stand to be tempered with a bit of humility," Jackie tells him, stretching. "Perhaps I can teach you a lesson in that."

"You may begin!" the announcer shouts.

Jackie stops stretching, and drops into a fighting stance. "So, how will you proceed? Will you attempt to end this quickly with an all-out assault, or will you take a more cautious approach?"

"Well, if you intend to defend, then I'll be the one to attack!" Tenshinhan declares, diving for Chun's legs and attempting to take them out with a cross-chop.

Chun hops, easily avoiding it and clearly surprising Tenshinhan with his speed. The Crane Student quickly recovers, flipping onto his back and kicking up at Chun, but Chun kicks down, and the bottoms of their feet collide.

Chun uses this to hop away, landing a short distance from Tenshihan, who gets back up and rushes the old man once again.

Chun gets back into a defensive position, but Tenshinhan seems to vanish into thin air. Jackie glances around, ducking as Tenshinhan appears behind him and kicks at his head.

Jackie rises, spinning and catching a punch from Tenshinhan before grabbing his foe's arm with his free hand. He spins, and throws Tenshinhan into the air, sending him flying from the ring.

"Well, that was fast," Krillin comments.

But, unsurprisingly, Tenshinhan stops himself before he can fall out of bounds, floating through the air and back to the ring.

"See? I told you Jackie could do this no problem," Krillin says.

>A. You agree

>B. No, Tenshinhan will win

>C. This could go either way

>D. Don't say anything

>E. Something else

that's call a kienzan

Tien's faster, but Roshi's more experienced.

>implying
a kienzan is a disk that cuts pretty much any damn thing.
a ki chainsaw would essentially be a hand held kienzan, so the risk of cutting your own dumb ass in half frieza style is immensely reduced, and would be one hell of a surprising attack.

Roshi? What are you talking about? That's Jackie Chun up on stage.

Those are two completely different people. Come on. Pay attention, you dolt. How could you even mix them up?

this, roshi doesn't explode people with electricity for one.

Yeah if it was Roshi then he'd be a huge asshole who nearly killed an ex-student of his just for a title

I'd rather have Frieza's guided kienzan, it even looks cooler. Too bad we won't be able to pull it off at this stage. Other useful ki attacks could be things like the Makankosappo and Kikoho or either of Piccolo's grenade attacks.

"This could go either way," you tell Krillin.

Goku nods in agreement.

"You really think so?" Krillin asks in disbelief. "Come on, Tenshinhan hasn't landed a hit yet, and Jackie's already almost thrown him out of the ring."

"Tenshinhan didn't realize how strong Jackie was," Goku explains. "He won't get careless again."

Tenshinhan lands in front of Jackie, a smirk on his face despite his near defeat.

"Thanks for the lift, but I have my own means of transportation," he tells Chun.

"It was supposed to be a one way trip," Jackie tells him.

"Your jokes are almost as bad as your fighting," Tenshinhan tells him. "Let me show you what a real martial artist fights like."

Tenshinhan charges, attacking with much more speed and ferocity this time around. But Jackie's technique is superb, and he's able to fend off each attack Tenshinhan throws his way, though every second or two he's forced to take a step back.

Finally, Tenshinhan breaks past Jackie's defenses and lands a solid punch, throwing Chun off his feet. Jackie slams his palms together while in the air, and lands near the edge of the ring.

Thinking victory is close at hand, Tenshinhan rushes forward, only to be blown back by the same technique Jackie used to defeat you in the last tournament.

Jackie takes the opportunity to leap into the air, and Tenshinhan jumps to meet him, the two colliding and exchanging a rapid flurry of attacks.

The two of them seize one-another's shoulders, and begin attempting knee-strikes on each other. Their knees collide over and over as they fall to the ground, where they begin to push against one another like sumo wrestlers.

Jackie jumps and kicks Tenshinhan in the jaw with both feet, forcing the other fighter to release his grip, and fall to the ground. But, Tenshinhan is hardly disoriented, and kicks Chun's legs out from under him.

As Jackie falls to the ground, Tenshinhan gets back up, throwing a series of kicks at the old man.

>Continued

thing is that even friezas guided shit is far to easy to dodge, its a bit harder to deal with fucking kienzan to the face from point blank range, i mean its not like you can block that shit, it also making for the opponent going hand to hand scary as almighty hell.

in b4 jackie surprise electrocutes the crap out of tien.

It dogs at you as long as the user is concentrating on it, and has a higher cutting power than the basic kienzan. How is it easier to dodge?

do you remember the frieza vs goku fight on namek?
the infamous one that took "five minutes"?
the one where frieza got cut in half because of his own damn technique?
user plz.

Just because Frieza had poor judgement and cut himself in half with it doesn't make it a bad technique. It's still better than the basic kienzan. I'd rather have Special Beam Cannon though.

Jackie raises his arms and blocks the attacks, soon grabbing Tenshinhan's ankle and twisting, causing the larger fighter to fall.

Even still, Tenshinhan throws another kick, catching Jackie in the face and knocking the old fighter on the ground.

Tenshinhan picks himself up, and the announcer begins the countdown.

"This can't be it," Krillin says. "Jackie can't lose that easily."

"Three! Four!" the announcer continues.

Jackie pushes himself back to his feet, wiping blood from his nose and staring down Tenshinhan.

"You should have stayed down, old timer," Tenshinhan tells him.

"You haven't won yet," Jackie tells him. "This old timer might surprise you."

He unbuttons his short and tosses it aside, and you note with some amusement that it lands on Bulma's face.

Jackie closes his eyes, and you find your vision beginning to blur. It soon seems as if there are eight Jackie's, and they all begin to circle Tenshinhan.

"The Afterimage technique," Tenshinhan observes, smirking. "Chun, I'm disappointed. You really think that second rate technique will work on me?"

The eight Jackie's close in, and begin to pummel Tenshinhan before backing off, leaving the larger warrior covered in bruises.

"What's wrong?" Chun taunts. "Having trouble keeping up?"

Tenshinhan smirks. "Hardly. Three eyes are better than eight Jackie's any day."

He glances over his shoulder, throwing a kick backward and striking the real Jackie in the face. The kick is enough to send Chun crashing against the wall.

"Once again, Jackie Chun is down!" the announcer shouts. "Will he be able to get back up after a hit like that?"

>A. It's over

>B. Jackie's got some fight left in him

>C. Say nothing, keep watching

>D. Something else

honestly i really want a short range penetrating technique like the concept of the ki chainsaw though cause most enemies are primarily best at hand to hand and it would give us a massive advantage later on.

>>B. Jackie's got some fight left in him
not sure its looking so good for him right now, but he does have that....

>>B. Jackie's got some fight left in him

>C. Say nothing, keep watching
>>D. Congratulate SOM for those double dubs
Mouth Makankosappo

>B. Jackie's got some fight left in him

piccolo plz.

"Jackie's got some fight left in him," you tell Krillin.

Sure enough, he gets back up, cracking his knuckles and getting back into a fighting stance.

"You don't know when to quit, do you?" Tenshinhan asks.

"Your skill is great," Chun admits. "But your arrogance is a great handicap to your progress."

"Progress? I'm the perfect fighter!" Tenshinhan tells him. "There's no way to improve on my abilities."

Chun's arms begins to move at rapid speed, and the audience looks on in shock. To them, it must be a blur of motion, or maybe even an illusion of Chun having more arms than he actually does. To you, it's just him showing off his admittedly impressive speed.

"You still have much to learn," he tells Tenshinhan.

Tenshinhan smirks, moving his arms at an even faster speed and closing in on Chun.

"Not from you."

Jackie stands his ground, and just as Tenshinhan prepares to strike, he reaches out and grabs hold of the other fighter's wrists.

He pulls Tenshinhan in, stunning him with a headbutt before giving him several strong knee-strikes to the gut. You see Tenshinhan cringe in pain, but he soon recovers enough to headbutt Jackie, stunning the old man for a moment, and causing the grip on his hands to loosen.

Freed, Tenshinhan throws a punch at Jackie with his left arm, but Chun dodges to the side, grabbing Tenshinhan and slamming him against the wall.

Recovering, Tenshinhan pushes away from the wall and strikes Chun with his elbow, causing Jackie to stagger back.

Jackie takes a deep breath, slamming his palms together again. They begin to glow, and as he spreads them apart, you see sparks of electricity shoot between them.

Your body tingles, and you instinctively take a step back.

The hairs on Goku's tail stand up, and he too takes a step back.

You two know this technique.

>A. It's over

>B. Chun must be getting desperate

>C. Keep watching

>D. Something else

>B. Chun must be getting desperate

>>C. Keep watching
Going full Palpatine

>>C. Keep watching

"Chun must be getting desperate," you comment.

"LIGHTNING FLASH SURPRISE!" Jackie shouts, thrusting his palms toward Tenshinhan.

Bolts of lightning shoot toward the other fighter, and as you watch, Tenshinhan is lifted off the ground, crying out in pain.

"All you need to do is surrender," Chun shouts to him. "And the pain will stop!"

Tenshinhan laughs. "This is nothing, Chun! Training hurt more than this!"

"I thought you might feel that way!" Chun shouts back, increasing the intensity of the attack.

Tenshinhan cries out once more, and the two resume conversing, though you can't hear what they're saying to one another.

"Remind me to watch out for that when I fight Jackie," Krillin requests.

"It's not over yet," Goku tells him.

For nearly a minute, Tenshinhan and Jackie Chun continue to go back and forth, before Tenshinhan shouts something, and Chun steps back in surprise.

Tenshinhan drops to the ground, landing in a crouch and chuckling to himself. He rises to his feet and says something else to Jackie before cupping his hands.

"Ka....me....ha....me...."

"Wait, Tenshinhan, you're making a huge mistake!" Chun warns.

"No, old man! I'm correcting one!" Tenshinhan shouts back.

"HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!" He thrusts his hands toward Chun, who stands his ground, thrusting his hands toward the blast.

You find yourself reminded of a Kamehameha you fired at the last tournament, one that would have killed several members of the audience had Chun not intervened. Now, Chun repeats the same trick he used then, redirecting the Kamehameha into the sky.

The two fighters stare at one another, and Chun turns his back, walking to the edge of the ring. You can tell from Tenshinhan's posture that he has no idea what Jackie is up to, and is just as surprised as everyone else when Jackie jumps out of the ring.

>Continued

>C. Keep watching
tien's gonna get completely fucked up by this.

>C. Keep watching
Got really excited when I got an SR pull on the new Xenoverse Dokkan summons, thought I was getting Supreme Loli of Time, fuck you Piccolo.

"Uh...ladies and gentlemen, whether by accident or by design, Jackie Chun is out of the ring," the announcer tells everyone. "So...the winner is Tenshinhan."

The crowd reacts with a mixture of cheers and yells to Chun demanding to know why he surrendered.

Jackie answers nobody, hopping back into the ring and strolling past Tenshinhan.

"What is this?!" his opponent demands. "Why won't you fight me?!"

Jackie ignores him, continuing on his way. However, the old man does stop in front of you, Goku, and Krillin.

"It's up to you boys now," he declares. "Tofoo, Goku, good look in your match."

With that, he walks away.

"Well, that was something!" the announcer shouts. "Now, it's time for the semifinals to begin!"

>A. Ask Goku if he's ready

>B. Go after Chun (your is about to start, so this probably isn't a good idea)

>C. Ask Goku to promise you that he'll fight you like an opponent and not like a friend

>D. Something else

"Hope you trained your tail."
>C. Ask Goku to promise you that he'll fight you like an opponent and not like a friend

>>A. Ask Goku if he's ready
lets do dis.

>Dokkan
Is that the game that lets Yamcha use Soul Punisher?

>D. Calmly walk into the ring looking at Goku, saying nothing, slowly and deliberately remove your weighted gear if still wearing it

It's dragon ball candy crush

Yeah, but one of the phone card game things has an SSR Yamcha with Soul Punisher.

>>C. Ask Goku to promise you that he'll fight you like an opponent and not like a friend

I have no idea, but that sounds retarded.

Found it. It is Dokkan, appearantly it's a Glitch with the UR Spirit Ball Yamcha.

youtube.com/watch?v=BLKiPrGWaEk

"Are you ready?" you ask Goku.

He smiles at you, clearly quite eager for this match, just like you are. "I am."

You feel your anticipation rising as the two of you step into the ring, hearing the crowd roar with applause, and your friends wishing both of you luck. They probably aren't sure who to support in this match.

"I'm given to understand that outside of the ring, these two are good friends, and even briefly trained under the same master," the announcer tells the crowd. "They'd hoped to face off at the last tournament, but didn't have the chance. And now, after three years of waiting, they will finally be able to learn which of them is the strongest!"

The two of you drop into fighting stances, staring at one another and communicating without speaking. Neither of you wants the other to hold back, and you each understand that the other will do whatever it takes to win out here. You also know that no matter what happens in this ring, you won't hold it against each other. You both want this fight, and you both want to know which of you is truly the strongest.

>A. Wish Goku luck

>B. Start the match on the defensive and try to fend him off (75)

>C. Start the match by attacking head-on (80)

>D. Use the Afterimage technique to score some hits (85)

>E. Bear Shout (20)

>F. Kamehameha (20)

>G. Something else

>C. Start the match by attacking head-on (80)

>>B. Start the match on the defensive and try to fend him off (75)

>>B. Start the match on the defensive and try to fend him off (75)

these high DCs...

It's Goku, failure is a very real possibility.

Dis lil nigga with the high rolls
DC for using the following:
Kazoo's Psychic Powers
Lightning Flash Surprise
Dodonpa
Dodon Ray
Jackie's Wind Trick
Devilmite Beam
Double Kamehameha's

Considering we have a high defense. are our counters affected?

Would pushing forward and by that I mean whenever we are close to each other would pushing forward when someone's about to throw a kick or punch decrease the effective power behind the blow and inflict some dmg since we didn't allow them enough distance to land a precise hit.

ROLL

Rolled 2 (1d100)

Rolling.

Rolled 67 (1d100)