REPRINT TIME VAULT

REPRINT TIME VAULT

no u

Reprint grim monolith plox its time with all this hate

I would accept this.
But NWO says never in a standard legal set because Wizards hates fun.

>grim monolith
>not Smokestack
if you want salt, make it more than a spoonful

i would be ok with this, smokestack is amazing.

>NWO
That term does not mean what you think it does.
NWO is about complexity of commons. (reasoning that commons are the cards beginners encounter the mosts)

complexity is fine at higher rarities, and grim monolith would obviously not be a common because that would be stupid for limited.
Grim monoliths complexity isn't even that high.

Grim monolith will not be reprinted in a standard legal because everything that gets into standard gets into modern.

I only want welder back

That's the party line. Since NWO has been in effect, less interesting cards and less cards that enable non-creature strategies have been printed.

Hi, there, Marky Mark

Call it rosewaterist design then, if you want some term to toss, but NWO has a specific meaning.

NWO is one result of "rosewaterist design"/"turning magic into magic the tappening" .
That less interesting cards have been made is not the result of NWO, rather its the result of a process that also resulted in NWO.
I'll concede that at common cards might indeed be more boring to keep them more simple.

But these terms refer to design, and as this would be a reprint, it's more in the field of development, who trying to keep the modern power-level in check, as modern is the no wins allowed before turn 4 format, and thus they won't print it in standard.

Joke's on you, I'm actually mark gotlieb.

When do i get my urza back?

You're both idiots.

Grim Monolith (or cards like it) won't get printed because it's on the reserved list.

To be fair, the "turn 4" rule is dumb and doesn't apply to aggro decks

>cards like it

So, Basalt Monolith? Which has been reprinted and isn't restricted?

Basalt's not a functional reprint, which is the only thing that's protected.

The Turn 4 rule pretty only much applies to combo decks. No combo decks that can win before turn 4 are allowed to stick around because there isn't a Force of Will around to keep them in check.

No, I mean they reprinted the card. It works on the same principle as Grim Monolith.

It isn't restricted because it wasn't a rare. It is also not a standard legal reprint.

They reprinted that in From the Vaults: ANNIHILATION

i want a20 cmc artifact in kaladesh

I'm building Arum Dagasson so I approve.

Any artifact with a X cost can be 20 cmc.