Warhammer 40k general

Let us thanks to GW for balancing those OP orkz edition.

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

first for pink horrors.

So according to the rumours marines will get yet another codex flavour and a new flier for deathwatch marines, when will they expand the other factions?

When they make the kind of money marines do.

They already did an assload of shit for tau so they need to move onto their other cashcow.

genestealers are probably getting some love after deathwatch

>but I don't like tyranids
no one cares about what you want

I hope so, Genestealers need some love.

>But Bernie Sanders is the only on who promotes love!
no one cares about who you want as president

>but I don't like tyranids
>no one cares about what you want

Jokes on you I'm indifferent towards the Tyranids.

Thanks

I really want something like 30k's Cults and Militia for the various small Xenos factions in 40k. That'd be cool.

When the other factions become as popular and profitable as marines.

So never.

So 40kg I was planning to attend a tournament my group is organising this weekend I changed my mind when i discovered there will be 2/3 riptide armies, 1 eldar with extra cheese and probably knights, unless I go full dick mode and assemble my new skitarii for warconvo assholery I don't see the point of assisting what are your current plans

Reading shitposts on 40k general.

>I decided not to attend a tournament because they were playing tournament lists
My heart goes out to you.
I still have my 2v2 (2000pts per player) Saturday. SW/DA v Daemon/ Daemons+CSM

Waiting until October to spray paint my Dark Eldar because Texas is humid as fuck.

>because Texas is humid as fuck.

I know that pain, battle brother.

reppin that 281 nigga whats good

Do it indoors. Get a half-respirator, make a cardboard area in your bathroom that you can place models on, close door, turn on the ventilator fan, spray, let models sit for awhile and let the fan run hours after you finish spraying.

Florida Brother knows your pain.

I'm trying to paint marines but it's hot and humid and not going well.

Can't even retreat to the AC'd basement because we're tearing up some pipes right now.

817, senpai.

I would, but already asked if I could use the bathroom for such a thing and got a stern "No." Garage isn't an option because it's full of shit.

Trying to find space to prime shitload of marines and tyranids. Somewhere out of sight of normies. Yeah, I'm insecure like that.

>Somewhere out of sight of normies.
That is just silly, most people with they had the time/patience/money/skill to paint such tiny figures.
Last time I had a big lot to paint I was running in and out of the house because my prime box is only so big. Apparently some neighboring lady called the cops on me thinking I was doing graffiti. A squad SUV pulls up with two officers (I life less than a block from the station) and see me in my robe and glasses with a cup of coffee spraying a box at the base of a tree, turned out the younger officer knew of 40k and joked with me and explained it a bit to his partner.

>Texas is humid as fuck.
>281
214, work outside, fuck everything this summer.

west texas is best texas

>yfw I saved that post

mfw

>MFW want to get into 40K
>MFW Tyranids are literally a spurdo meme army
>But they're so fun to swarm with

>Yet again, recent rumors about a CSM update appear to be false

i don't even feel like playing anymore.

Eh.

MoK: PE (All), Counterattack, Champions get Adamantine Will. Makes the unit more generally effective at fighting.

MoT: Champions and heavies/specials may buy Mastery 1 and Force weapons (instead of heavies/specials). Free to squaddies, paid for for each CoC in the unit plus any Mastery for other models (lol Havocs).

MoN: +1 T (+1 HP for Helbrutes). Thinking of moving some Plague options here to spread the rules bloat.

MoS: Acute Senses and Jink (reroll Jink if already have it). Acute Senses is pretty situational but if the USR ever changes, MoS could justify it. Reflexes go to dodging fire.while on the move, making for potentially mobile firebases if Noise Weapons are also altered back to Assault profiles.

MoCU: Champions of Chaos only, may be taken if unit takes different Mark. Grant Stubborn to unit; if Fearless/Helbrute, grant Stubborn to units in 6" bubble. Benefits from other Marks of joined units (Fearless/Helbrutes gain from 6" bubble). They absorb the nearby power-overbleed of the Gods' blessings like a sponge.

VotLW may upgrade further to Cult units if all models have appropriate Mark (Champions too). I have different rules for them than the Codex.

Icons may be bought for un-Marked units or units with members who have corresponding Mark. Their bonus is minor but enhances the role of the unit.

The IG player in our group had his blob of 50 guardsmen shoot (in rapid fire), then used an order to make them all shoot again.

Is he allowed to do that? Or are orders BEFORE shooting?

Oh. MoT psykers get access to all rulebook disciplines and as many Psychic Foci as Mastery Levels because fuck you, I'm a literal God of sorcery. Also Tzeentch and general Chaos discipline.

Massachusetts is being weird this summer too, I can't even imagine how bad it is down there.

Order only happens before shooting. IIRC, the order to shoot more gives one more shot for each guard (for a total of 3 shots at rapid fire range)

I am jealous of people who live near deserts. Fucking beautiful landscape.

>tfw there will never be a Forgeworld book on Exodites with unique rules and models for dinos with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads

I mean on the one hand they would probably be basically the same as Corsairs, shitty leadership and all. But on the other hand, they could be some sort of WHFB mashup with close combat ambushing terrain-ignoring dinosaur riding wood elf dudes, and that would be pretty neat. Plus they could steal all the dino sprues from Dark Elves and Lizardmen and barely have to put any effort into it.

So he should have done 150 shots and not 200.

Alright, I can live with that.

Tokens user back. Which one looks better?

ATC 2016: Primary Army breakdown

>Eldar: 33
>Space Marines: 28
>Daemons: 26
>Tau: 26
>Space Wolves: 16
>Dark Angels: 16
>Imperial Knights: 15
>Adeptus Mechanicus: 14
>Necrons: 14
>Tyranids: 7
>Khorne Daemonkin: 6
>Chaos Space Marines: 4
>Blood Angels: 4
>Renegades of Vraks: 3
>Orks: 3
>Astra Militarum: 3
>Elysians: 3
>Knight Renegades: 2
>Legion of the Damned: 1
>Sisters of Battle: 1
>Grey Knights: 1
>Dark Eldar: 1
>Tempestus Scions: 1
>Harlequins: 1

Really makes you think.

MFW I collect CSM and Orks

note: those things are carapace plates

But more importantly, he should have given the order at the start of the shooting phase.

I try to tell this to people that say that it is hideous out here. Naw man it's beautiful.

Anyone know how to get a comtemptor mortis dreadnought into battlescribe?

I don't see it on the list, just a regular contemptor. The one I have has two weapon arms, is that not allowed in 40k?

Ah, yes, but I can forgive it this time since all of us are still pretty new.

I'll have to remind him, thanks.

You need to find the show forgeworld units option.

Thanks, I had it but didn't see you had to check things.

>Mfw people still think Necrons are a "top tier army" at my shop so they bring WAACd out lists against a decurion with no praetorians, canoptek bullshit or destroyers

Are "Sergeant" or "Squad leader" upgrades like Shas'ui's, Sybarites, etc, ever worth taking anymore?

>Dark Eldar: 1

Mah nigga. God bless this brave soul.
I wonder if he had a secondary detachment from one of the other Eldar factions. I also wonder if he successfully acted as a spoiler for any of the WAACfags who weren't expecting anything relatively close to whatever he ran.

you're paying for leadership, as has always been the case

if that's worth ten points to you, yes
if that's not worth ten points to you, no

Waiting for opinions, these tokens are for 40k Roleplay, i will upload the entire pack somewhere next month with all factions covered.

And an extra attack, usually.

Sometimes, if
A) it gets actually useful war gear (ex. most of the Corsairs sergeants taking upgrades from the Prince's bonuses can make the squad more versatile for free/cheap)
B) the unit is liable to run off the board after a few deaths, the officer is cheap, and the unit is going to be used as a screen or other similar tactic (ex. DE Reavers)
C) To put a good weapon into a squad at a cheap cost that will give it a secondary threat type (ex. melta bomb, power fist)
Maybe I forgot some other scenario. But usually, no, since you pay for the upgrade and the additional wargear, mainly just for Ld and maybe 1 attack extra.

Praetorians are considered cheese? Since when?

>tfw Elysians are more played than DE and GK put together

New dex when

on most units that's irrelevant

If veteran leaders came with stat buffs like they used to (WS/BS/I +1, usually) the extra attack would be worthwhile. Hell, I would be fine with giving veteran leaders an extra wound, skitarii/nob style, provided they gave nobs something to compensate for further losing their uniqueness (like toughness fucking five).

Any Austin bros here? Armyfag in Killeen/Ft. Hood here. Willing to travel to meet up.

>like toughness fucking five
Sorry kiddo, you need a Bike for that.
Bikers are tuff

I put this together on the assumption that 1000pt games are the easiest to find, I will have to consult with my LGS for what is common.

What do you guys think? I tried mostly to use units I already had.

I had zero clue what HQ to choose, as I usually (for my 30k army) choose a IC I really like, but lysander seems really expensive.

Any C&C?

+++ 1000pt IF (1000pts) +++

+ HQ (65pts) +

Librarian (65pts) [Mastery Level 1]
··Power Armour [Bolt Pistol]

+ Elites (725pts) +

Cataphractii Terminator Squad (440pts) [4x Cataphractii Terminator]
··Cataphractii Terminator Sergeant [Grenade Harness]
··Land Raider [Storm Bolter]

Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought (285pts) [2x Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon, Cyclone Missile Launcher, Extra Armor, Lucius Pattern Dreadnought Drop Pod]

+ Troops (210pts) +

Tactical Squad (105pts) [Rhino, 4x Space Marines]
··Space Marine Sergeant [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun]

Tactical Squad (105pts) [Rhino, 4x Space Marines]
··Space Marine Sergeant [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun]

Please let me know if this format isn't right.

All the way in lubbock here

Did I just get cucked? I bought some digital codexes from the black library to try to support the hobby and go legit.

But the formatting in these things is attrocious. Text bleeds into images, or doesn't even line up on the page properly (sometimes going off the page).

what the fuck was GW thinking?

I like #1

It works fine for everyone I know that uses it, what support are you using ?

40k is just applying the sciences to fantasy races. Your welcome and have a wonderful drink.

Shit man, that's outside my radius I'm allowed to go. Otherwise I would love to meet up.

I've tried opening it up in sumatra and calibre so far.

Hey guys, what do you think of my list?
For a 1850 nova game.

++ Orks: Codex (2014) (Ork Great Waaagh!-band) ++

+ Command +

"Council of Waaagh!" [Mad Dok Grotsnik, Da Painboss]
Big Mek (WG) [Choppa, Gubbinz: Mega Force Field, Slugga]
Ghazghkull Thraka [Warlord]
Nobz ['Eavy Armour for Mob, Waaagh! Banner]
Boss Nob [Power Klaw, Slugga]
Nob [Big Choppa, Slugga]
Nob [Big Choppa, Slugga]
Warboss [Power Klaw, Slugga]
Warboss [Power Klaw, Slugga]

+ Core +

"Waaagh!-band"
Boyz [Boy w/ Big Shoota]
10x Boy [10x Slugga]
Trukk [Big Shoota]
Boyz [Boy w/ Big Shoota]
10x Boy [10x Slugga]
Trukk [Big Shoota]
Boyz [Boy w/ Rokkit Launcha]
10x Boy [10x Slugga]
Trukk [Big Shoota]
10x Boy [10x Slugga]
Trukk [Big Shoota]
10x Boy [10x Slugga]
Trukk [Big Shoota]
10x Boy [10x Slugga]
Trukk [Big Shoota]
Gretchin [10x Gretchin]
Runtherd [Grabba stik]
Mek [Choppa, Kustom Mega-blasta]
Nobz
Boss Nob [Choppa, Shoota]
Nob [Choppa, Shoota]
Nob [Choppa, Shoota]
Warboss (WG) [Power Klaw, Twin-linked Shoota]

+ Auxiliary +

Battlewagon ['Ard Case, Big Shoota, Supa-kannon (FW)]

Deffkoptas
Deffkopta [Twin-linked Big Shoota]

Deffkoptas
Deffkopta [Twin-linked Big Shoota]

Allowed? Are you a slave?

Do I need to call someone?

>still nobody will believe that daemons are a top tier army

He is stationed on a base, you have to be on leave to go far from where they put you.

Okay, I got it working in VLC and Adobe Digital Editions.

Ahh I see

>work outside,

Don't even get me started, I make a living tearing down condemned buildings.

>Don't even get me started
I work in metal tubes that sit out on flat open concrete.

I weep for you, user.

214 here. I wish the only nearby GWs weren't Frisco or West Fort Worth

Ey boss

West Fort Worth is like 10 mins from me, and I love it. AJ's a cool manager, too.

That's because Veeky Forums is full of idiots. Plenty of posters commonly tell you Daemons are a top army due to Tzeentch and anyone who knows anything about the game right now knows this as well.

The real shocker is Taufags claiming Tau aren't even a good top army anymore when they're still quite obviously top 3-4, and you haven't even looked/posted the final results of that GT.

If you're in Killeen hit up Battlefield Games, they're pretty good with plenty of space but idk when they do 40k

>I work in metal tubes that sit out on flat open concrete.
What are Airplanes sitting at the gate for 500, Alex?
If this is true and you work for the same Airline as me how was your day yesterday and today because shit sucked hard-fucking-core here in the Midwest

I work in Fort Worth for the summer, so I'll have to head over there some time soon. I'd be down to play there too, haven't played since I got back into the hobby.

Building bins or something oil related?
If either then you have my condolences m8

I usually hit up American Heroes. They are closer to my place and I conceal carry so I'm not too worried that it's on Rancier

I am a ramp agent in DAL for an airline where You Are Now Free to Move About The Country.
Yesterday was alright because I was off before systems went down, this morning was bad but we were able to get most of our bags out so just transferring was heavy.

If you are the Midwest Hub god bless because you must have gotten wrecked

Fly for free and come see me No Homo but if you are ever in DAL we can find a way to play if you want.

Where do you play in Dallas? Lakewood/North Dallas chiming in, only been to Common Ground near the hospitals and GW in Frisco.

>Where do you play in Dallas?
My co-worker and I each have our own table so we take turn hosting. I stay in Irving

Does "Elysians" include D-99 AND EDT in one army?

>Tfw tabletop games arent made for you anymore
>People want dumbed down simple rules that you can learn in 10 minutes
>People want games that they can play in an hour then go back to their normie lives
>Complexity and depth are being traded for "Inclusiveness"

They did it to videogames and now its happening to tabletop

Nothing I love is safe from casuals

Like said, I can't go more than a certain distance from base. I get in trouble or an accident more than 250 miles away, I'm screwed

Where do you find exactly what kinds of weapons are considered bolt weapons?

I am trying to decide on TL lascannons for my contemptor or not, to try and benefit from the IF bonus.

Yeah it is a big state, yo

I have a question, Veeky Forums. Are Riptides OP?

Ya

You're not grimdark enough for the 40k generals yet, Anonymous.

>Head down to LFGS for a friendly game
>Start unpacking my fluffy wraithguard list
>Other guy starts setting down Orks
>Nothing but boyz, nobz, a warboss and TWO FUCKING GORKANAUTS
>I immediately just pack up and leave

Fucking WAACfags

The store owner texted me later and said nobody else would play him either

One Riptide at 1000pts+ is not OP.

Multiple Riptides before 2000pts is OP, especially if taken as a Riptide Wing.

welcome to 1998

Put in a milage pass. Your commander generally won't deny it u less your flagged for something. It's a da 31 put milage in the type. Good to go. If he delays it without providing a reason talk to 1sg. If anyone gives you shit tell them it's a social hobby, you're going cause you want to get of the barracks and meet new people. Command eats that shit up.

Drop it on a Monday that you want to travel as commanders generally sign on Thursday. #NCO

>One Riptide at 1000pts+ is not OP.

One Riptide at 1000 points certainly is OP. Show me how CSM will beat a Riptide in 1000 points, or how space marines can do it without grav.

>mfw airforce and we play 40k on base and the E-7 thinks it is "great for us"

Download whatever edition you used to enjoy... play it with your friends.
The old editions didn't disappear.
If you really like a newer miniature released in a later edition, port over the stat block and play with it.

We can still enjoy our 6 hour games with frequent referrals to an almanac of semantics.

I'm not all that sure what CSM could do to a Riptide feasibly without devoting half the army to it at any points level. Try and fail to charge it with a AoBF juggerlord?

This.
Holy shit no one knows but besides the fuckshittery that is thunderstar, there are no hard counters to a well built daemon army.

Also, khorne+tzeentch daemonic incursion is now one of the strongest daemon lists. Arguably better than screamer-star or drone-star