Playing 5E Rogue

>playing 5E Rogue
>see Thieves' Can't class feature
>Under languages write down ebonics
>comes up in game joke dies on the spot
>I'm a horrible person told by friend to stay of Veeky Forums
>Mfw I am racist but didn't realize I was that racist.

Also funny jokes thread that didn't quite work out in game

Hi GM

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhyming_slang#Examples
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Where there any coloreds in the group? Where you playing with people you don't know well? If the answer is yes to either you fucked up, no to both time to find some new friends.

IDK any of them in real life but have played quite a bit with one of them.

None of them are black as far as I know

Your friend is right, you should stay off Veeky Forums.

But I love this place and besides it wouldn't do any good I live in the south and 70% of the people I know are 100% worse then me.

I know why my C is capital auto-correct and shit but why is yours?

You mobilefag also?

Never make racist jokes in front of people you haven't heard racist jokes from already. And for good measure don't discuss politics or religion with people irl unless you know they agree or can handle the banter.

Good advice it never occurred to me tho we have made ISIS jokes and edgy shitlord jokes frequently

There isn't anything wrong with being racist

>Where there any coloreds in the group?

Veeky Forums, ladies and gentlemen.

This place tends to wear away at people. It gnaws at your ambitions and social graces by cleverly simulating and subverting human interaction. The people that post here are real, but your connections and interactions with them are artificial. If you allow how you behave here to influence how you behave in real life, you are in a very bad place.

More insidious though, is the fact that many allow Veeky Forums to supplant their requirements for human contact. It makes you lonely and emotionally hollow, but convinces your baser instincts that you've talked to people enough that you don't feel the drive to do it in real life.

This place is toxic and corrosive. Spend as little time here as you can, lest you spend more time than you'd imagine.

>"HAHA GUYS BLACK PEOPLE STEAL"

Is this what racist humor has been degraded to?

>Veeky Forums everyone
ftfy, and if it bothers you that much you can return to reddit at your earliest convenience.

yeah fuck white people, y'all sensitive-ass crackers

Holy shit I'm actually scared

....I'm going to take a few day off after this thread

It is indeed haha black people steal but it's in a somewhat clever way or at least I'd like to think so

I'm pretty sure that it was a play on thieves can't being based on a common language but still being unintelligable to most people who speak it as well as it incorporating intricate hand signals.

>Playing paladin in 2e
>removing all monster undesirables
>That guy suggests we put them in cells instead
>Without starving them or using them for slave labor
>awkward sigh
>"the holocaust never happened, trump 2016"
>Guy kicked from the group

I would love more stories like this please share

Not them but I've never been to reddit and find the racists like you here pretty pathetic. "You have to be fundamentally deranged to enjoy Veeky Forums" is a dumb meme and I wouldn't be surprised to find out I've actually been here longer than you.

>using an archaic term for people of color is racist
you trying to make this place a safe space is waste of time as is you pretending to be retarded to get a rise put of someone

Using an archaic term from the TIME WHEN WE ENSLAVED THEM is pretty bad, yeah.

And we can't blame it on old age, since the poster was clearly 13.

I'm not trying to make it a safe space, you can say whatever the fuck you want. We're all free to point out that you're a dumb asshole when you do though, because again, this isn't your safe space.

It made me giggle OP if it makes you feel any better

Sounds to me like this isn't a safe space but it's a DANGER ZONE

Can we get back to the point of this thread

on the contrary, colored was the politically correct alternative at the time of it's original use. It developed a an undesirable connotation from being associated with an undesirable people and we will continue to cycle through new names for blacks until they are no longer seen as such.

You mean African Americans

I'm pretty sure that's already out of rotation m8

>colored was the politically correct alternative at the time of it's original use

Very correct. Small addition though - it's not the time of it's original use anymore. It's close to 70 years in the future.

technically, they enslaved themselves, then sold them to you guys

yup

Yeah we stopped using African Americans because black people aren't always African or American.

The term from the "TIME WHEN WE ENSLAVED 'THEM' " is nigger, negro if you were being politically correct for that time. Colored was most popular around the late 50's to 70's. Also the politically correct term now is people of color, so what the hell is offensive about colored?

I give this bait 9.95/10 by the way.

How does that make it better? We still enslaved them. We had exclusively black people as slaves.

What's it like having Down Syndrome?

Yeah, it's out of rotation because it's inaccurate. The vast majority of black people in the USA have never even been to Africa, meaning it makes more sense to just call them... black. Because they're black.

Colored also had the inaccuracy issue, because literally every single person has a color. An uncolored person wouldn't be visible.

woah there bud, why you getting so fucking upset about it
this is Veeky Forums, a little casual racism isn't exactly a big deal

But what about the current version, people of color? also check your privilege opaque shitlord.

Colored is a term from the era where Jim Crow laws were still mostly in effect, so it's still bad.

I don't agree with POC because it's used for other ethnicities too, basically creating two groups, POC and white people.

I just call them black. If you need to refer to a group of them, call them black people.

>look at that black guy
>look at those black people
>that guy was black
>those people were black

Literally the simplest thing ever.

Don't agree with the current version. I think it's dumb. We should just use black.

POC is useful if you want to refer to non-whites.

>Never make racist jokes in front of people you haven't heard racist jokes from already.

But then how will you hear racist jokes from them... oh, I get it!

nice trips

Good way to separate moralfags from everyone else

>It developed a an undesirable connotation from being associated with an undesirable people and we will continue to cycle through new names for blacks until they are no longer seen as such.

What is this, cultural history with /pol/? "Colored" never really gained an "undesirable connotation," user. It was phased out in favor of "black" in the 60s, as a way of reclaiming the word from people who would use it as a demeaning term.
What little negative tone it did gain was only after it stopped being current, as it's kind of old-fashioned and makes you sound like an old fart who refuses to change his mind. The kind of old person who complains about "those people" taking away a perfectly good word like "gay" when they could have just kept calling them "perverts."

(Black is the best term IMO. James Brown couldn't sing "Say it loud! I'm African American and pretty much okay with that.")

I love how the term "moralfag" is derogatory.

It LITERALLY means "decent person". How the hell did you swing that, Veeky Forums?

People of color is bullshit and I've never heard a single black person use it in real life (I'm in Alabama. I live around, work with and am friends with basically 50% black people for reference). That's the kind of thing a frothing SJW would use in their facebook rant without putting any thought behind what it means whatsoever.

I think it has less to do with the "-fag" suffix as "individual that partakes in" and more with "individual who causes trouble by taking too far". Which, granted, is less common and not very intuitive given the extreme prevalence of the former.

It usually refers to overly-moral holier-than-thou people, the kind who scream or thumb their noses at you for not acknowledging multiple genders and pronouns. SJWs, essentially.

quite a few people don't give a fuck, and if it's group setting they'll usually open up racist joke privileges between everyone present.

> (You)

>"Colored" never really gained an "undesirable connotation," user. >people would use it as a demeaning term.
think about this a little
>you sound like an old fart
It's not a word I would use irl, yes

I agree with black being the best word for them though.

Ah, I always figured that's what people meant when they said "SJW" or "white knight".

Always makes me want to ask "Wait, what color?"

Morality doesn't exist in any meaningful way. You can be a decent person without needing some arbitrary system of rules to tell you whether you're being nice or not. It's all pointless bullshit with no connection to reality.

Still not racist by the way, meaning is doubly stupid.

I believe the term is mainly for those who try to hard to seem better than decent but ultimately just makes them more autistic.

Obviously there are times when it's used by closeted edge lords for normal people, but it can also be used by normal people to describe those who go too far in the opposite direction too.

All who think the best term to describe people who look like Chris Rock (pic related) is "black", say aye.

All opposed, "no".

>think about this a little

Read my post a little. "Black" was used as a derogatory term, not colored.

>Chris Rock
>picture of Eddie Murphy

also aye I guess

aye

>It was phased out in favor of "black" in the 60s, as a way of reclaiming the word from people who would use it as a demeaning term.
read "your" own post you mongoloid

They're pretty much synonyms.

Aye LMAO

ayy

How's that class struggle disguised as a race struggle working out for you, America?

Figured out you need to rebel against your corporate masters yet?

Wow, and you call ME a mongoloid? Do you not understand what "reclaiming" means? You don't reclaim something by phasing it out. "Colored" is not the word that's being reclaimed, "Black" is. Learn to parse English, dude.

>(colored) was phased out in favor of (aka replaced with) "black" in the 60s, as a way of reclaiming the word (colored) from people who would use (colored) as a demeaning term.

this is the point where you say you were only pretending.

Jesus, you ARE retarded. You have to be, to try to parse that sentence in a weird-ass way like that.
Explain how you reclaim something by phasing it out. Go ahead, I'd love to hear it.

Colored was discarded, so that black could be taken back from those who were using it as an insult. Colored was not being used as an insult, it was the accepted term up until the late 60s, and up to the mid 70s.

Get better friends OP

It seems yours checked their dicks in a long time ago

I really don't see a meaningful difference in saying colored compared to the current PC phrase "people of color." Not that it would matter since I know plenty of "poc" who are racist against black people.

God it's so fucking stupid to divide people into white and non-white

you're either esl or deliberately acting retarded. What reaction do you think you're getting from this? Because at the moment it's confusion and mild distaste.

I'm baffled at how you can parse it like that. Sure, "the word" is somewhat ambiguous there, but contextual clues make it obvious which word it is -- phasing something out is the opposite of reclaiming it. The word being reclaimed is obviously not the one being phased out. How the hell can you not follow that?

I've lost track about who was arguing about what. Someone make an affirmative statement.

Colored was not a derogatory term when it was replaced with "black."

The previous sentence's contextual clues point at colored as the word being phased out and "in favor of" denotes the word it was succeeded by, "black". Not to mention the fact that black did in fact come after colored. Please pay attention in your next English class.

I would make the mild counter-argument that, for some, this is the primary and only viable means to embrace their hobby, and to engage in discussion thereof.

Or, I guess, their preferred version, as some people find more heavily moderated forums to be creatively stifling, or unwilling to discuss the aspects of their hobbies they wish to focus on.

And still others who can use the anonymous forum here to vent frustrations in a minimally-socially-damaging way, allowing them to better engage in day to day life.

It's one of those tricky situations, like alcohol consumption. You can binge drink every weekend, and not be an alcoholic, because you DO possess the ability to stop, and aren't emotionally or physically reliant on it, but another guy has to steel himself at every dinner and get-together, to avoid making a fool of himself.

I'm not saying you're wrong, it's definitely important to spend time with actual people, and make real connections, but having fun on Veeky Forums isn't necessarily the worst thing.

>The previous sentence's contextual clues point at colored as the word being phased out and "in favor of" denotes the word it was succeeded by, "black". Not to mention the fact that black did in fact come after colored.

Yes, that is EXACTLY what I wrote.
The confusion seems to be that he thinks "colored" was also the word being reclaimed from derogatory usage, at the same time as it was phased out, which is nonsense.

Aye.

You realize it's based on rhyming slangs like Cockney one, right?

>rhyming slangs

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhyming_slang#Examples

Basically, those have words swapped for other words so outsiders don't understand what the hell you're talking about even though all the words are common

You're a retard who has no right to tell people to pay attention in English class.

>"Colored" never really gained an "undesirable connotation," user. It was phased out in favor of "black" in the 60s, as a way of reclaiming the word from people who would use it as a demeaning term.

It's incredibly obvious contextually. There are two terms "the word" could be referring to, and no one is stupid enough to say that something had no "undesirable connotation" then continue on to say in the very next sentence that they were reclaiming that same word that /did/ have a negative connotation. The second half of the second sentence is referring to the most recently referenced word, the one that was not explicitly said to have no negative connotations and therefor be impossible to reclaim.

I hear they're having a sale on Bleach at bleachworldwide.com, you should probably stock up.

fascinating

ok

I don't understand what you're even trying to say.
What is
>Thieves' Can't

It's Australian for shitposting

>language: ebonics
Hidden punchline.

Joke, my friend, depends on two crucial factors:
Material or Punchline
Timing or Delivery

There's entire subset of comedy called cringe comedy that knows its material is horrible, so they rely on timing to be funny.

Fix your timing and maybe they will forgive your shit taste.

Yeah it's all about delivery, I've made my super PC friends genuinely laugh at racist jokes and rape jokes when I've timed them appropriately

>More insidious though, is the fact that many allow Veeky Forums to supplant their requirements for human contact. It makes you lonely and emotionally hollow, but convinces your baser instincts that you've talked to people enough that you don't feel the drive to do it in real life.
Replace the word Veeky Forums with Reddit, or Facebook or Tumblr (god forbid), and your point is just as true.

Found the one that has been turned into a hollow shell with no human contact by Veeky Forums

Uh, no, that guy is right you idiot. You're just another braindead social mediafag that has been subverted to the extreme.

Hello Mr. Pot.

>We enslaved them
>Not the African tribal warriors who kidnapped and chained up people to sell as product

>we
I enslaved no one, bitch.

So, we're just forgetting that segregated areas were listed as "colored" in the US?

There's definitely better arguments than the "we enslaved them" line, human history is unfortunately rife with enslavement, and none of it had any racial bent to it till the late 1700s, There were just as many europeans enslaved by africans and other europeans, not to mention all the slave trade in other places of the world, even amoungst we call "civilized" when we look back on them.

Everyone is racist, they're just being moralistic cunts.

OP, you missed an opportunity to use any number of secret languages used by black people living in the New World when they were enslaved. That's the real tragedy here, not your privilege getting checked.

>friend is playing a spriggan
>names himself faggot (pronounced fae-git)
>gay/bi members of the group laugh and call him faggot every chance they get

but i guess it had slightly more thought put into it than OP's joke

>moralfag literally meaning decent person
No. This is incredibly wrong. First of all, the connotation of moralfag was derogatory from the start, as should be fucking obvious by including the word 'fag'. It has more or less the same meaning as "white knight", and these days is confunded with the SJW degenerate leftists. These are people obsessed with shallow morals and victimizing ideals and delusions of importance.

chocolate brown
melanin-enriched

>moralfag was derogatory from the start, as should be fucking obvious by including the word 'fag'
But everyone is a fag on Veeky Forums. Especially OP.

and?