Frostgrave

Okay i need help.

i made these sewer boards for stuff like necromunda, lotr warbands and stuff like that.
The idea is that the top parts of the wall are against a ceiling, so not climbable, and i have made ladders and pieces to block the ladders so you can play each plate as a different floor. the holes can be filled with blocks, but thats all i have so far, blocks or ladders.

now i want to use this for frostgrave but its a little to open for that. so i need ideas for terrain pieces i can make to place around the sewers to block line of sight.

one of the idea i had was placing toxic fume cloud on certain places of the green stuff (not sure how to make this though, maybe a round base with some painted wool)

another was maybe a row of barrels glued together (i have tons of ogre kingdom, so tons of barrels)

another problem i have is that the boards are 24 by 24 inch, while frostgrave is 36 by 36 inch, so i need to somehow show this as well. (or another solution)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Frostgrave-Into-Breeding-Joseph-McCullough/dp/1472815742/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469186519&sr=8-1&keywords=Frostgrave
ainstycastings.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/26/products_id/128/osCsid/00f1d5f6e93f1fd4d2aa66605ec1335d
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is not a very good idea. Frostgrave's rules don't really support this, unfortunately.

could you specify?

i dont really understand what part of the rules would interfere.

Ahem.

amazon.com/Frostgrave-Into-Breeding-Joseph-McCullough/dp/1472815742/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469186519&sr=8-1&keywords=Frostgrave

Debris piles for the sewer water - I'm picturing just like a big heap of broken cocktail stirrers or whatever you want to throw in there, sized out so it'll fit in the bigger canals.

>wants LOS blockers

Full or partial? Either way:
- cave-ins (full or partial/rubble)
- ceiling broke, vines & shit crept in and overgrew part of the tunnel where light can reach
- as above, but without light (tree roots)
- brick wall that differs from the usual and it's OK (because it's newer from when the city guard sealed off a tunnel to prevent monster threat before it all went to shit)
- some huge amorphous fungus grew on the sewer sludge. Is it destructible? Impassable? Flammable? Corrosive? Will release toxic spores if pierced? Who knows! Poke it and find out!
- crates piled ceiling-high (old warehouse?)
- sewer grate (have LOS/LOF, but impassable by models)

so what is the problem with this terrain for regular frostgrave games?

Put "frost" in Frostgrave. Make the city suffer a curse of eternal winter. Fighting on ice should be hilarious.

for newer walls, i would make them out of wood instead of stone. like very crude stuff you would see in bandit hideouts.

Honestly, I don't think there is a problem; if for some reason you wanted to go whole hog on an underground game though, there's your book. If anything, you pointed out the one possible flaw: board size. Might want to make a few more tiles.

the problem is that the tiles are 24 by 24, so when i place them together they become 48 by 48. making more of them wont solve that.

i could make some 12 by 24 inch plates to place next to the 24 24 ones.

also because of i was wondering why this was inappropriate terrain.

Do what they do on GMG.
Use the 48 by 48, and just deploy 6 to 12 inches up from the edge.
Your guys exit the board 6 inches from the edge.
Problem fucking solved I take cash, checks, or blow jobs

Ah, shit; thought they were 12x12. Meh, I'd still play a 48; maybe houserule bigger deployment zones to make up for it if the extra distance became a problem.

I dont have the rules - why exactly is 36" important?

ainstycastings.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/26/products_id/128/osCsid/00f1d5f6e93f1fd4d2aa66605ec1335d

Since this is a Frostgrave thread I'm just gonna post two warbands I have been working on.

Also a Genie.

Make some sprue rubble, and add five more boards to get yourself up to 36 by 36.

It's the suggested board size; not something I'd call critical. 24" might be a bit more deadly, but as long as the terrain density is nice and high, it's not a big deal.

What parts did you use for these? I see a mix of Frostgrave soldiers and other things (Perry knights?).

Not him, but yes. Those are clearly Frostgrave Soldiers, Cultists, and Perry Men at Arms.

Nice work user. I like those

Thanks, guys.

Close, but those are Perry Foot Knights.