Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

No bully edition
Only friendly discussions allowed here
How does your game deal with bullying?

N. Jolly's vigilante book playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad (embed)

New trove: mega.nz/#F!9tQmBSbL!tbmlmKB_IsgDtzzrlXkVVQ

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

fanficmaker.com/#ffv3_Pathfinder General%2CQANON%2Cfemale%2CDSP%2CPathfinder%2C%2Fpfg%2F%2C%2Ftg%2F%2CForrest%2CUnstopable Lord Gareth%2Cthe kitsune%2Cthe blinkling%2Ctrue%2CUnstopable Lord Gareth%2C2hu%2Ctrue%2Cautism%2CFantasyEra%2CHero%2CVillain%2C%2C(%7C%7Cc%3D0)%2C100%2C100%2C100%2C100%2C1469196799599%2CLord Gareth
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tell me about those character builds, concepts or designs you'd love to play if you could ever get a chance to find a campaign that allows their very specific focus, like a techno-samurai or undead gunslinger.

Fuck anime, fuck touhou, and fuck all your weebshit fetishes.

Why the hell did Gareth publish a collection of his fetishes?

Because, user.

When everything is a fetish, nothing will be.

Bloodforge:

Alicorns:
>elves fucked unicorns

Blinklings:
>halflings fucked blink dogs

Decataurs:
>elves fucked centaurs

Kestrels:
>halflings fucked harpies

Mergs:
>core races fucked merfolk

Sthein:
>elves fucked nagas

Wulfkin:
>core races fucked winter wolves

Gareth loves monstergirls/boys.

His most apparent fetish is elves taking monster dicks as over half the bloodforge is about that.

Because DSP's bosses bought art for them and mandated a Bastards and Bloodlines ripoff.

>Implying most people don't enjoy seeing an Elf take a good monster dick.

Don't forget Aellar.
>elves fucked eagles

If I wanted to be a druid who brings people into the forest to rape/kill/eat them how could I pull this off?25pb

More importantly, when's the next book of DSP fetishes? Will we find out what sort of smut Elric or Forrest is into?

>Aellar
Elves: "What if... no, hear me out here. What if we transformed into birds, and fucked the eagles?"
Elf 2: "WE SHALL BE THE ELVES THAT FUCK THE SKY! GENIUS, BROTHER!"

Well, a lot of paizo races are "humans fucked x thing". I would rather have elf-blooded monsterfolk than MORE FUCKING HUMAN BLOODED ONES.

Can you not

Sounds more like an Enchanter desu.

But user, we are /d/.
Or did you not see Bloodforge?

Driven Disciple. There's, like, four different builds I could see myself playing.

The most gimmicky is Privateer 1/Driven Disciple 6/Grammaton 10, which is an incredibly stupid build that at level 17 can make an infinite number of gun attacks so long as he continues to hit at point blank range, using Str to hit and damage, and each time he hits, he heals himself or an ally thanks to Extra-Strength Blessing giving him the ability to use Silver Crane's Blessing on every attack in a round.

Gun Kata + Sea Combat is a very silly combo. Being able to summon an infinite number of enchanted, loaded guns just makes it better.

Bloodforge was Gareth being forced to write a collection of someone else's fetishes.

DSP got ahold of the rights to do a remake of Bastards and Bloodlines, had the art already bought and paid for, and threw Gareth at doing the actual work.

Don't forget Grendles, which is 'every core race and also goblinoids and orcs fucked a troll'

(Seriously, don't forget Grendles, they're legitimately a pretty strong player option with some cool fluff)

Gareth could have refluffed them or, you know, made their histories involve something than hybrids.

But no, elves literally fuck unicorns and everyone bangs winter wolves. Without shapeshifting involved.

Didn't he get told to keep them as similar to the originals as possible? I vaguely recall stories about the fights he had over changing the fluff.

Bloodforge 2!

Remember when we were all about the ethumion and eiremian waifus?

I doubt that ethumions are Forrest's fetish. He seems a bit timid for that.

She, user.

Preview of Gareth's latest writing:

fanficmaker.com/#ffv3_Pathfinder General%2CQANON%2Cfemale%2CDSP%2CPathfinder%2C%2Fpfg%2F%2C%2Ftg%2F%2CForrest%2CUnstopable Lord Gareth%2Cthe kitsune%2Cthe blinkling%2Ctrue%2CUnstopable Lord Gareth%2C2hu%2Ctrue%2Cautism%2CFantasyEra%2CHero%2CVillain%2C%2C(%7C%7Cc%3D0)%2C100%2C100%2C100%2C100%2C1469196799599%2CLord Gareth

What does everyone think of this?

Did Gareth's writing improve?

Wat

I doubt that's Gareth. Style isn't right.

>Ultimate 2hu stood looking at our hero - her cape flapping in hotness.
>She beared an expression of smugness. "I had told you, I am invincible, I cannot be killed, I cannot die, I cannot breath. And I have this!!!"'
>Suddenly she held the autism aloft.

>"This is what you want!

>This is what you need! But its mine now. You cant stop me.'
>"Noo....not the autism"
>"Yes. The autism"
>"The autism!" gasped Unicorn Forrest
>"Yes. The autism"

waaat

What the actual fuck am I reading?

Someone on /pfg/ autistically wrote DSP/pfg slash fic, I think.

Holy shit.

Oh wait it's a generator. Hah.

It's a random generator.

Are you seriously this stupid?

I've been up for 40 hours and am spending time reading Veeky Forums instead of sleeping. Good life decisions I know.

I thought the thread topic was no shitposting, why is shitposting already so rampant in this thread?

>40 hours
Dude go the fuck to sleep, jesus christ.

But user I need to shitpost yeah that's probably a good idea, it's been a long week

Is Gareth's writing better or worse?

Go get a good sleep, man.

You can't tell me what to do, you're not my real mom!

Yeah yeah, MOM.

If any fighter archetype can be combined (and up to three archetypes in all), which combinations would you like to see /pfg/?

Hey, fuck you. Someone has to counteract the shitposting.

But user I AM shitposting! Really though I'm gonna go to bed this was a poor decision

Significantly worse

Fuck off.

Why the fuck are you still here?

Something actually good.

You must be shitposting.

My GM is allowing me to secretly be Neutral Evil without the rest of the party knowing, so I've made a Kitsune Sorceress that will take the Souleater PrC. Any tips? I'm pretty much set as the party's crafter.

Hey guys I suck at making characters, anyone have an idea for a lvl 11?

Sacred Geometry wizard princess.

Consider Enchanting Courtesan instead of Souleater.

Packmule fighter.

Aegis 4/Warder 7 with Practiced Initiator (Warder) and Student of the Astral Suit.

Path of wart is banned

Half-Giant Aegis with increased size to use huge weapons (and potentially gargantuan later on).

Alternatively, a Wrath Daevic to get a dozen natural attacks with pounce.

If even that doesn't work, look into the Gonzo books for Henshin Hero or Battle Butler, who are just great.

Lizardfolk Fighter VMC Oracle with the cold-blooded curse abusing Overwatch Style.

I've just glanced over the Enchanting Courtesan and I don't find it so great. It's kinda just a social caster that gets poison use? Am I missing out on something? It's not my character pretending to be a Courtesan to bring sinners closer to their maker.

So what IS Forrest's fetish?

>checked the lycanthrope strawpoll from yesterday
>Deionychus/Dinosaur in the lead.
We wrrrrrryyyyyyyyy now?

Probably Gareths book of Fey fetishization.

I love Henshin Hero so much.

Currently looking at playing a weretiger-kin Henshin Hero for that delicious +Acrobatics and Jump as a racial SLA. +10 Acrobatics becomes +40ft horizontal with Heroic Leap, and at level 8, you can take Charging Finisher so that you can do a charge attack up to your *maximum jump distance*, ignoring the movespeed restrictions.

"Hey, you! Over there! FUCK YOU."

And then you dropkick a dude.

When a Mystic resets it's maneuvers can it ready new ones or does it just reset the same ones it had readied?

It resets the ones it has readied.

>a writer got paid to write something shitty
>he is fully responsible for it
I don't think that is how it works.

Are you trying to say that it's on Gareth or not on Gareth? I'm honestly having trouble reading it. Too used to sarcasm.

>whiteknighting Gareth after he dissed you in public
ayy lmao

It was likely a different buildposter.

Yea sorry. I should have been more clear.

When an architect firm decides on a really horribly ugly design, the construction workers are paid to build it, not bitch about it. When writing is your job you probably don't have full control over what you write.

>whiteknighting Gareth
...Just googled that. So I want to have sex with him? Don't think so.

>after he dissed you in public
His misplaced emotional issues are his problem.

>His misplaced emotional issues are his problem.

Holy shit fucking rekt

As he should be. He doesn't seem cut out for PR at this point, he's been a wreck lately.

Ah, k. In that case I agree, carry on.

>He doesn't seem cut out for PR at this point, he's been a wreck lately.
You also couldn't pay me enough to post here if my income was based on a product I want you shitheads to buy.

>rekt
>burn
Really?

What about you blathering on about?

>So I want to have sex with him?
It only makes sense, if you think about it.

Buildposter x Gareth hatefuck relationship?

>implying they care about pay all that much
They do it for then love of the hobby. Did you miss the beer-money speech?

All the YES's.

Well...Its even worse if they believe in it. Being that invested in something you have to defend of fucking Veeky Forums can't be good for your mental health.

Please stop being degenerates.

Reminds me if the /pol/x/mlp/ days

What the fuck are you going on about? Make sense

Let's be real. Defending it on Veeky Forums is probably better for their mental health than defending it on Paizo.com or Giant in the Playground.

I don't understand it though.

What should I give mystics if I ban magic item crafting, since that basically kills one of their class features.

>Being that invested in something you have to defend of fucking Veeky Forums can't be good for your mental health.
Know, it's being genuine and actually reaching out to your community you retarded autist.
If you think you're so high and mighty then go fuck on off to Paizo or Reddit, since that's obviously more your speed

Why?

Yeah, I wouldnt even fucking try to defend my shit on Veeky Forums. Just post a few preview pages, answer a couple questions, and let them eat eachother.

That's a joke right?

Hella sweet kicks ARE an integral part of being a Henshin hero.

Here is the simple english version:
>you made something
>you like the thing you made
>you try to share it with Veeky Forums
>Veeky Forums is a collection of the worst possible people
>discussing the thing you care about and defending it with the worst possible people is bad for your mental health.

>me
>high and mighty
k

Gareth said we were more welcoming and reasonable than Giantitp ever had been and that he was from Giantitp in the first place, so maybe not.

Have you BEEN on the paizo boards or GitP?

>being this much of a pussy
I post and gather critique on homebrew here on /pfg/ all the time. The brutal honesty is refreshing to my earlier years on Paizo messageboards, and often their critique and ideas have been really valuable.
I'm sorry you're a faggot that can't handle criticism

What's so fucking bad about them?

Having been to Paizo and GiTP, Veeky Forums isn't really that bad. Just more outward cursing.

I legitimately do not understand why are you trying to make this about me.

Something I hadn't immediately noticed is that Jump actually gets better as you level.

At level 9, I can use my SLA to give myself a +30 to acrobatics for 1 min/level. With Heroic Leap and Charging Finisher, that's a 120ft horizontal charge distance, or a 30 foot vertical leap. Plus my actual acrobatics roll.

>>me
>>high and mighty
>k
Excuse me while I laugh at you while I flashback to whole threads of you screaming "TOLD" and preening over your supposed superiority

You ain't fooling anyone you faggatron

>posts responses to possibly three different people
>"waaaagh it's a all directed purely at me!"
Either you just admitted to samefagging, or you have some narcissism problems

For Paizo its the overmoderated boards and polite trolls. Also slow.

But for the 3pp and homebrew sections you don't have to worry about much rudeness or trolls, they keep to the Paizo book discussions and Martial vs caster threads.

Gitp I am not as familiar with, but the playtest threads were generally pretty great. The worst part about those were actually Gareth and Elric responding (or ignoring) feedback when they didn't feel like addressing the problems.

>income
It's not though. They all have real jobs outside of DSP. Making PF material is a hobby for bear and pretzel money.
And unlike some people, a few of us actually like spending time discussing stuff here

GitP is basically a hotbed of passive-aggression because the mods ban anyone who gets particularly loud. They also encourage trolls so they can ban people for responding to them.

Right now the only threads I care about on there are, honestly, the DSP playtests. Which are fine except that Forrest is always super slow to respond, which is frustrating.